[OpNet] Learning.

Wakinyan

Ms. Sandcaster I would like to let you know I am willing to take you up on the offer of finishing my GED classwork and education. If that offer still stands.

I feel like my life has taken such a strange turn since last May. Like Ibiza was the signal for my life to change directions. The whole thing with G&L, visiting A, Granddad dying, Noir, Carver, Thoughtwave, my ups and downs, the the whole mess that happened last month.

Imprisonment I have to say at least is very quiet. Well with one exception I guess.

Well to be honest Hugin what kind of goals do I set? Do I set personal goals? Sure.

Do we as a people set goals as a culture like the humans do? No.

I want to do something more than the expectations of myself for myself. Our kind does not offer a GED. We don't have schools (outside Rashoud facilities which I am sure you do not count) all we have are mentors who can sometimes be more finicky than helpful or instructing.

I welcome anyone who is allowed to visit me to come visit me to be honest. This place can get lonely and while I am not totally without company seeing others can be nice.

As for what you can offer Mr. (Dr.?) Jones I would be happy to talk about it with you.

Lee would be fine. Dr. is to formal. You'll find that many Ph.Ds in my field like to be called by their first name. I think it's because, in the end, we're a bunch of hippies who are more interested in drinking beer and gossiping.

I'll make the call then (to the Knights? your lawyer?). Maybe Sandcaster and I can come up with a lesson plan that will engage you on a greater level then you would get at a regular GED granting institution. And of course, if you wanted to continue on in your education I'd be happy to help.

You probably should ask the knights. Mr. Bailey would likely only have issue with you if you where Geryon or Carver since those two supposedly give me about equal amount of trouble in different ways.

I warn you though if I don't 'get' something I tend to get myself worked up and bothered by it easily just part of my curse. So what I am saying is if you give me a test and I rip it to pieces and eat it after fifteen minutes do not be to suprised. "The Griffin ate my homework." wink

The call to WCK has been made. I still need to contact Sandcaster though.

Don't worry about 'getting' it. I'd like to think I'm a good teacher. I won't let you get to the point where you need to eat the test. I'll make sure you 'get' it, even if I have to turn on the magic.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wakinyan:
Well to be honest Hugin what kind of goals do I set? Do I set personal goals? Sure.
Do we as a people set goals as a culture like the humans do? No.

I want to do something more than the expectations of myself for myself. Our kind does not offer a GED. We don't have schools (outside Rashoud facilities which I am sure you do not count) all we have are mentors who can sometimes be more finicky than helpful or instructing.
You could ask someone for a lesson plan that would be directed at your skills and interests while challenging you to grow beyond those specific fields. That would be particularly easy to create if you were willing to take some tests that would gauge your current framework.

• 3 weeks later...

Wakinyan, are you... sure that anyone's free to visit? I mean, I'm not in the States right now, but I was thinking of visiting the homeland again when I have some free time, and I don't really have anywhere in particular to be, so maybe it'd be worth it to stop by. If I'm in the area.

Sorry, I know it's presumptuous of me, I just don't get offers to visit people very often so I tend to take them seriously. I mean, I'm not very social, at least not in person, so it doesn't usually... Anyway, yeah, next time I'm in the area, definitely, I'll check with the Knights.

Archived