[OpNet] How will this end?

Wakinyan

An interesting question...

I enjoyed it when I was an elite, but I was a much different person then. I seemed like a good time when I had that... limited perspective of the life.

But do I miss it? As a whole, no. Violence begets violence after all. Now that I've settled my mind, sparring would be enjoyable again but for much different reasons. I'd be doing it as a celebration of life or to reinforce how not to fight, not to revel in defeating others or honing the ability to kill.

Why do you ask?

My quantum expression has made me into a walking force of destruction. Theoretically, I could single-handedly lay waste to a vast area before I even got anywhere near being tired and I can take even more than I can give out. In many ways, my "nature" is much more and much worse than a killer.

But that's only the beginning of who I am. Fate gave me the foundation to be something destructive yet I choose how to live my life; it's my choices that ultimately determine who I am. I've accepted that I can do terrible things but I choose how I use that power. You've accepted that you're Wakinyan, filled with the power of legends and instincts that make emotions seem cold and analytical, but it's still you who decides what to do with that power.

Fate might have given you something that can be used for death and fear but it's your mind that determines how it's used. That's the great reward and price of sentience and free will.

If you want, the offer for me to make an introduction is still open.

I'm compelled to eat, sleep, breathe, and more yet I don't have to do any of them. The key thing is that it's not a "yes or no" situation; there are many shades of gray.

Directly fighting the urge to do something is just as "bad" as completely giving into it. Guide the river by flowing with it. But between those two states are plenty of ways for you to live with those urges. Direct the energy of the strike instead of stopping it with your fist. I know what I'm saying is rather esoteric, metaphorical, and painfully vague, but it's a state of mind.

No matter what drives you, there is a sentient mind within you. After all, you are using the OpNet proficiently. wink

Archived