[OpNet] The world has changed in the blink of an eye.

Wakinyan

I have been glued to the news feeds since it happened. I have watched my friends and enemies both revel in the chaos in one way or another. Instead of staying away or leaving it just fed fire to the flame. We are as petty as they are as jealous, spiteful and fearful as they are and we proved it.

That doesn't mean we are human though we just act like them.

It feels like a different world now. A different world than it was yesterday. I dunno if I like this new world.

The truly weird thing about my feelings on this is that I hope Tarot is alive.

I always thought he had his head stuck in the sand about what Novas can do. But I hope the wake up call he got at his doorstep didn't kill him.

Doc, let me clarify.

It's not the world that has changed, or how people act. It's how some of us now percieve it. I've done some meditation on this and the clarity of this situation is very... humbling.

Alot of Novas I've seen still prance around like a teenager who just got a new car for their sweet sixteen. Some now feel like the 18 year old who's wasted their school years and discovering how hard, cruel, and dire the world is.

I'm afraid that mere intentions alone is not enough. Mere activism isn't adequate. This is going to signal an age of action. Not just to espouse what we stand for, but to actually walk the walk.

It's going to be the hardest for me, since my goals I feel are higher than even the current societal paradigm will allow, but all revolutions aren't easily won.

And yes, for those that want a better world, just dreaming about it won't do a thing. Action is the only option left. Sometimes it takes someone to stand in front of a tank to get a point across.

Can we work this out through actions? Probably, for most are judged by their actions.

Should we do more? Perhaps we should do more restraint. Because right now I think that is the action we should take. If we novas have been leading by example, then it is time to lead by showing restraint.

I think my last answer also answers your third question, I hope.

Archived