[OpNet] Track and field.

Wakinyan

During a flight to nowhere in particular I passed over a high school and saw people out practicing track and field events. It took me a moment to realize this year would be my senior year in school. (though on a side note I'd probably have dropped out by now anyway) I had forgotten all about that, forgotten that I am still the same age they are. I should go take the GED and be done with it I think.

A little late to think about going back to school. Though I am sure Senior Prom would be interesting.. :rolleyes:

Night school... Yeah I guess going to college is right out for me. Juri might be able to swing it but I know I never could.

In a way I do want to finish it but I wonder why I feel that way. What good is it going to do me in life down the line?

Knowing that you completed it is a good reason. And honey, don't ever say that you can't go to university. There are correspondence degrees available and for a nova, most universities would bend over backwards to accommodate them.

If you want to go to university, I can speak to any number of academics in America and abroad about your special needs. There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't or couldn't do uni if you want to.

I'm not offering to get you into a degree programme. What I am offering is a reference for you as a person. If you want to do uni, you've got to do it for yourself. All I will be is moral support.

Quote:
Originally posted by Totem:
What good is it going to do me in life down the line?
I once found my way out of a jungle using skills learned in Trigonometry. Its difficult to say what will prove useful later in life.

I was referring to his ability to make "educated guesses" where the outcome of a decision was in question. Precognitive awareness.

Different novas will see it in different ways. When I voluntarily reduce the output of my node the experience is very much like meditation.

I am not one of the many researchers delving into the field of applied quantum physics certain that the breakthrough that will allow me to duplicate nova applications through technology is just around the corner. Nonetheless my work required a certain familiarity with MR tissue and node configurations. That you can't feel it is not entirely unsurprising. While the manner you sense the exterior world has grown by leaps and bounds, is there any evidence of an equal sensitivity to your interior world?

The node responds to desire. Often from the conscious mind but there examples aplenty of subconscious and superego manifestions. I can tell you there is absolutely no reason of a biological or physical nature why your node shouldn't be capable of entering a low excitation state. None. There are reasons why it might "resist" responding to your conscious desire to do so. Chief amongst those reasons is a fear of what may happen at that point.

The situation is not unlike reaching into a fire to grab something. The conscious mind may know perfectly well the fire is not hot enough to damage your hand in the short period of time it will be in the flames but most would find it difficult to do such a thing regardless.

Archived