[OpNet] Sick.

Wakinyan

I am ill. How the fuck do we get sick?

It's like someone drilled a hole in my stomach and it hurts. My throat feels like it is constricting. Maybe it's from something else other than a bug.

Maybe it's just emotions getting to me again. So rather than losing my self and almost killing a XWF champ or hauling off a girl I like for night full of rape. I just get sick from bottling it all away. I thought I had accepted who I am. I thought I was getting better but whatever it is I am feeling right now tells me I am not.

This can't keep happening to me. I can't keep riding this rollercoaster of fucked up emotions and instincts.

Viruses. Nova physiology is optimized against bacterial agents but viruses can still highjack the immune system until they've run their course.

We get sick less often but when we do its no less a trial than that experienced by our baseline cousins.

Really? Since I erupted I haven't been sick once. I've been shot, stabbed, blown up, burninated (For you Juri)poisoned, slashed and had my brains kicked around. But I haven't once had a sniffle or cough (other than blood from above said incidents) It's interesting to know it is possible that I could actually be sick. Almost a small comfort considering I think it is all in my head.

Yes, of course. In many ways the root causes of depression can actually be worse for novas. Eruption can and oft times does change how people express themselves but rarely changes the core identity of the individual.

And every now and then, one of us gets a nasty case of megalomania and takes over the world's television screens to issue proclamations in true supervillain fashion. Funny old world, it is.

Don't forget that we can (and often do) form sympathetic relationships with our abilities which can produce behaviors which most baseline doctors would classify as mental disorders. Whether this is going nuts or simply adjusting is up for grabs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Totem:
... hauling off a girl I like for night full of rape.
Sounds like somone needs a release. Someone needs to work out some of that aggression. Someone needs to be able to be as rough and randy as he needs to be.

And me? I'm oh so lonely. All alone. By myself.

*sigh*

You would be everything I wanted no doubt Slattern except one thing.

Kept.

No woman I have even remotely been involved with wants that. Sure you and I could play a game for a night or week or month. But in the end you want more or at least something else. I cannot blame you or them.

I still feel a need for possesion despite my own desire to be free. I cannot go around gathering up lovers like coveted treasures and expect them to sit quietly on a mantle until I want to take them down to polish and caress.

Issues to work out indeed.

Archived