[OpNet] 08/01/14 - Ugh.

Wakinyan

I am supposed to be wise? Impart my wisdom on others or be more in tune with things. Funny how I don't feel like Yoda.

The Pow wow is done for the year. Most are gone by now and I have been lazing around the house most of the day.

Tomorrow I am going to go get my passport. Yeah I know me on a passport. How incredibly fucked up is that..

Name: Totem

Height: 14'3"

Weight: 1,323 (I feel like such a fatass. But I did lose some weight.) wink

All those little things like IDs and Social Security Numbers seem so irrelevant these days to me. I mean who would question if I was who I said I was. It's just silly but... I'll make due.

I do not know if anyone has an issue with you specifically, but the very nature of our abilities can lead to legal quandries. As an elite, DeVries took care of the complications. I made sure to get my own counsel even before I left and his advice has kept me from experiencing any nasty entanglements with the American government. Lawyers are crafty people; nova lawyers are downright cunning. If you wish, I can provide you with his contact information. He ought to be able to help you out with minimal exposure to yourself.

I also advised you to take someone with you because there might be others who will use more... drastic measures to limit your travel. Some may only be "doing their job" while others may be fanatics, but the possible threat remains. Be careful.

This is all just a headache to me. I would appreciate if you sent the info though. It's bad enough that I am always asked by the FAA to stay beneath fourteen thousand feet and only fly during the day. This is just one more thing.

I have been given wings to fly and it is not by the will of man that they be bound.

But I'll stay legal I guess.

Totem, dont worry about the legal stuff. There is always a comfortable comprimise.

For instance, when flying, I have taken piloting courses. Primarily for the navigation training. Then, as long as I have a transponder and radio, I have practically unlimited ceiling. I do have to obey restricted airspace rules though. I guess people deserve some privacy. >_<

Of course, for my Trans-Continental flying, I use my Jet. It takes alot more to get clearance for that bird, though. Since it's capable of sub-orbital flight. But, after all parties involved worked things out with me, the protocols and whatnot were just minor nuicances, and they did get a fully operational orbital-rescue option for Astronauts in the process.

Luckily I've been only called once, and that was to check to see of a Russian capsule was too damaged for landing. Luckily it wasn't and I didn't have "hitchhikers" to take home. ~_^

Archived