[OpNet] 07/22/14 - Unlikely savior.

Wakinyan

I went out into the badlands yesterday. Spent most of my day digging in the dirt or carving rocks into pleasing shapes. I am working on a self portrait/sculpture but I dunno how it will turn out. It was nice to get away. It was hot as hell out there but I like the heat. The extremes of temperature seem to purify one's soul. I had a lot of time to think but I came up with more questions then answers. I guess that shouldn't come as a suprise.

By evening I decided to stop by the Pow Wow and say hello. On the way there I spotted a child wandering alone about two miles from a camp of visitors. The toddler was badly sunburned and it didn't take a "Prodigy" to figure out he was lost. So I went down to him. I thought he might be afraid of me but he seemed overjoyed, though he keep calling me Big Bird. :rolleyes: (I am sure GMC woulda loved that.) I took him up and flew back toward the camp. Enroute I saw Sheriff White-Elk and a search party. I came down in front of a very disraught looking Wasicu couple. They looked terrified like they where looking at the monster that had ate their child. Instead they saw their little boy crawl out of my mane with a bright red but very happy face. The mother and father where overjoyed to have him back. So much so that mom actually hugged me. I know how hard that is for humans to do since I am generally intimidating. Everyone cheered for finding the child. All was right in the world at least in that moment.

I had to talk to the news for a moment after they found out about the rescue. I just told them I did what anyone would have. But that really isn't true is it? Some Terats would have left that little boy to die. Some would have killed him. Some deranged psycho would have done worse. Call me a zip or Monkey lover, I just don't care.

Yes, so you were.

Forgive me but some baselines would have ensured this child's face was never seen any where again except perhaps on a carton of milk.

It does not require quantum to be a monster. That potential is also within the DNA of man as surely as is the potential to craft symphonies or manipulate quantum.

That you are correct about. I don't condem our race for killing. Humans kill one another all the time as well as a few of us. Some think we should take a higher path while others think we should go the lower. Being granted a node for some just means getting away with things easier.

While I myself will help out when I can, I am not offering myself up to humanity to be their savior.

It should not be required of me to do so. It is MY choice. I choose to be who and what I am. I still have a lot of thinking to do on this.

Archived