Adventure! RPG: Heroes of Our Time - Table Talk

Alex Craft

Well I'm back though it appears that Alex is still AWOL.

I've been thinking of starting up my own game using teh Adventure! rules and while I do not want to steal Alex's game from under him I do want to extend first invitation to you guys.

Would anybody be interested in a game if I decided to run one? Classic pulp? Modern Heroes? Midevil heros (using the Adventure! rules)? Something else?

Let me know I will probably be looking to start in early october as I will need to get a group and a plot situatated (and am busy with work currently).

Marc

Actually, that was amazingly good timing.

I can't run this game any longer. Sorry - got back to college from the summer, and this year is (and will continue to be) a sight more busy than previously, with graduation right on the horizon. I took so long to decide about it because I wanted to be sure things weren't going to shake out and settle down to a slower pace ... and they're not.

So, yeah, this game is still pretty young, making it, unfortunately, one of the obvious things to cut out of my schedule - there's less investment in it for all concerned.

I was going to offer, anyway, to hand off the game to anyone else who wanted to run, so feel free to use this space for a new game, if you want (you'd want to get Chosen to make you the mod). Likewise, I don't have any problems with you guys using current characters/game elements from this game, if you're so inclined. Nor will I be bothered if you don't. (c:

(Of course, for the same reasons I can't run a game, I can't play in a new game.)

I'm sorry to hear that Alex, I really enjoyed the past year and a half of gaming. Hopefully school will go well for you this year, good luck!

In regards to a new game I have the most experience with Adventure and Trinity for systems though I have read through Aberrant multiple times I have only just now started playing it (and online as well, so rules lite) I am comfortable enough that I think I can get by with any of those systems in a PBP game though.

As for genres I'm pretty flexible I've gamed in or GMed everything from Fantasy to Horror to SciFi to Post Apocalypse. I'm also pretty comfortable mixing generes.

Right now I do have a game I could run as an Adventure! game pretty easily. It would be a non-cannon setting however, though many of the changes to the setting would be minor and involve the backstory/history of the world.

Let me know if you are up for another Adventure! type game and if not what you are in the mood for.

Also if you know some others who might be interested have them put thier two cents in laugh

Well the only ideas I've gotten thus far have been for a traditional Adventure! game in the 20's, WW2 era, or the late 20th/current time, and Blaine/Misha's idea of Post Apocalypse Aberrant.

I've got an idea brewing for Adventure! in the 20's with a supernatural bent to it and I have been brainstorming ideas for a PA Abbie game.

To my knowledge the only other post WW3 type setting with supers has been the Age of Apocalypse series Marvel did. Oddly enough this has managed to give me a pretty interesting idea (IMO anyway):

--> What would the future look like had Divis Mal and the others not agreed to leave Earth?

--> What would the planet be like had China rained down hundreds or thousands of nuclear missiles upon the planet?

So that's what I have for you folks if your are interested:

A) Adventure! in the 20's with a supernatural twist.

B) Post Aberrant war where China nuked the planet because the Aberrants refused to back down.

Who's interested in a game and what game?

Archived