Adventure! RPG: Heroes of Our Time - Table Talk: Game Status

Alex Craft

Quote:
If anyone is interested, I have a concept of a bodyguard/manservant character that might be ideal for a scientist or dilletante character. Let me know if anyone is interested.
I am actually working on a Scientist character so that could work out very well indeed. Jameson Bradford's great-grandson, a man who is very much the opposite of Jameson, a thinking man more-so than the action man.

Alex, are we playing with the standard 13 transformation points? Or are we going to get a leg up with a few extra?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Let me know if I can get in on this as well.
Anyone can pitch in a character concept - see the above for criteria I'll be using to pick characters, if I get too many. There's no need to ask me for permission, either ... anyone can just jump into the 'Character Creation' thread and get down to business.

PM box now has some free space.

There will be transformation points beyond the standard. That'll depend in some part on the character concepts I start seeing, but it'll be relatively high-powered for an Adventure game.

Further details on that, the game setting, and all that type of thing will have to wait while I sort through things in my head. I'll post up a formal collection of that information Sunday or Monday - I should have things gelled by then.

Quote:
Originally posted by Prof. Raphael Jameson, ScD:
Quote:
If anyone is interested, I have a concept of a bodyguard/manservant character that might be ideal for a scientist or dilletante character. Let me know if anyone is interested.
I am actually working on a Scientist character so that could work out very well indeed. Jameson Bradford's great-grandson, a man who is very much the opposite of Jameson, a thinking man more-so than the action man.

Alex, are we playing with the standard 13 transformation points? Or are we going to get a leg up with a few extra?
Sounds good, here's the concept I have in mind, let me know what you think. Someone has also PMed me about this as well, and you both have concepts that seem to work well with this.

The concept I have in mind is along the lines of being maybe the Race Bannon to Dr. Quest, but in this case 'Race' is a massive russian tank named Misha Valyenko, somewhere along the lines of the top evil minion of a James Bond film (strong, tough, almost unkillable). So he would be a decent companion for an adventurer, scientist, or dilletante that likes to travel the world and/or tends to get into difficult scrapes.

I'm going to post this description on the main board as well, and I certainly won't mind getting into character as the servant in this realtionship.

Nope. Just post.

And, because I totally blanked on answering Janos' question ... let me put that on hold until I do up the formal setting/etc information. Much of it I already know (since I was planning it for Roaring Twenties), but some of it I'll be wanting to tweak so's it flows into the current game more nicely.

Raise your hand if you do not have the Adventure! book - I know it's been mentioned, but I have a bad memory for that kind of thing, and I want to make absolutely sure I know who needs extra chargen information.

I will provide chargen rules (including the all-important number of transformation points) tomorrow ... I'm doing up some characters now to get a feel for what you can do with X number of points. It will likely end up being between thirty and fifty transformation points.

I will also provide the setting information tomorrow. I pretty much have it figured out already, but I'd like to go to sleep soon. ( ;

I do not have an Adventure! book.

It is unlikely that I will be able to pick one up soon (If you're using the pre d20, I'll go look in some of the used book stores but, that's pretty hit-or-miss).

And as shocking as it sounds, no-one that I FtF RP with has it either.

I'll need help.

Found a good overview on Wikipedia and I have a pdf of an Adventure! character sheet.

Seems fairly straight-forward but the article was short on details (like Skills) but seems a little like the old D6 system that West End used with addition of Merits/Vices/Virtues and is a D10.

If you can find basic Storyteller rules (or, better, rules for Adventure, Aberrant, or Trinity, which use a slightly modified system), that'll do you good. However, it's not necessary - I do all the dice rolling, so you don't absolutely need to know how the rules actually work.

Regardless, it looks like you're the only one, so it should be pretty easy to work things out.

Don't worry about it. Also, you might check if you have the original Storyteller system or the new Storyteller system - the two are quite different. Yet another fun complication. (c:

Essentially, everything in the currently published World of Darkness product line is new system. Exalted is a variant of the original system, and all of the old, out of print WoD material is the original system. Of course, even then, Adventure uses a variation of the original system, created for the Trinity Universe line (a different variant from Exalted).

Not to confuse you utterly, but that's how it goes.

There's some information on the Aeon Society and such - mostly significant members - but that I'll get to later. It'll mostly be established characters. The character list for the movement is limited because, naturally, you all will be the ones to fill out the list. I just wanted to get my own NPC into the organizers, from the get go.

Ok ... the final group. Of course, each of the original players have guaranteed positions, so the first five members are as follows (in no particular order):

Fuyuko Morita: genius roboticist of tender years

Janos Rakozi: moderately eternal patriarch of the Rakozi family

Misha (Mikhail?) Valyenko: stalwart bodyguard of Raphael Bradford

Raphael Bradford: wildcard scientist and CEO of renowned think tank

Regan McLachlan: adventurer, anthropologist, and linguist-at-large

However, I got enough good characters beyond those that I'm certainly expanding that group, as promised. There's an upper limit to the number of characters I'm willing to try to run at once, though, so I'm only adding three more.

Unfortunately, that means I've got to cut out half of the new characters/players. \c: Sorry folks, but I can only do so much. That said, the new folks are:

Alex Reid: the Phantom, shadowy pursuer of justice

Carter Hollis: millionaire playboy and martial artist extraordinaire

Mark Cobb: the black sheep of at least one or two families

I'll probably do some posting in Character Creation on things which affect more than one of you, but my main focus at the moment is to work through character specifics via PM. I'll start getting those lines of conversation set up in the next couple of days.

If you haven't sent me a 1st draft character sheet yet, get on that - it's needed now. Of course, now that you know the group, feel free to continue to work out interpersonal connections.

And, sometime soon, I'll start the first thread (threads?). We'll probably not have everything ironed out with the characters by that point, but it should be close enough to hit the ground running with a bit of rules-light play.

First off, I have no idea what's up with 'Mark Cobb' being 'reserved.' Maybe someone more familiar with the workings of the site can help you out with that one. Whatever the case, you seem to've figured out a solution.

As for the avatar, are you clicking on the Email button in the flash program? Because that doesn't work. The solution is to put together your avatar, then take a screen shot. For your Mac, that would be Command+Shift+4, which gives you a cursor with which you can select the part of the screen you want.

If, for some arcane reason, that doesn't work ... color me clueless.

But, if it does work, crop the image as appropriate and post it to the thread mentioned in 'Chargen Rules.' Ideally, you have that set to a 70 x 70 pixel size and shrunk down to 2K, but Chosen is usually willing to do that for you, if you can't get it down that far.

The absence of PMs thus far may be conspicuous. Sorry about that. I've been catching up on my sleep the last couple days - too many late nights, I guess. Regardless, they should be incoming.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Craft:
[QB]
If, for some arcane reason, that doesn't work ... color me clueless.
What color is that exactly?
Don't worry about instantly replying to anything I send. I know the rigors of GMing and the positive benifits of sleep.

I'm having fun tweaking things on my own.

No rush Alex

I, for one, need another evening of pushing dots around and referencing the rules to lay out my starting superscience inventions anyways.

Seems like there still some pregame interplayer chatter going on about connections and such as well.

Looks like Janos and Raphael will know each other at the very least by way of Jameson and Kate. Possibly Janos may have aided Raphael within the past few years as well.

Archived