Aberrant RPG - Is ABERRANT going to die???

Well, that's the question, I know that Aberrant hasn't a big market. Or I'm wrong?

I hope I'm wrong, because I wan't to have it -one day- in my hands.

Yes, at some point in time it will die. I don't think anyone can tell you exactly how long it will last. They'll keep producing it as long as they can make some $$$ out of it. I think the whole Aeon Universe has a few years left in it, then they'll finish the entire line.

I know that's not the answer people want to hear, but I think it's a realistic expectation.

No game lasts forever. Do we really need a company to keep publishing suplements for a game to be able to play it? I don't think so. In fact, the only two books for Aberrant that I have are the core rule book and the player's guide. I want others because I think they would be useful to me, but I don't really need them. My game is so far off cannon I sometimes forget what game I'm playing. ^_^

Not to say I want White Wolf to stop publishing the game, or any of the AEONverse for that matter. I appreciate all the time and effort they put into their books. It makes life so much easier, and gives me another perspective on the game.

Dragon God, My suggestion to you is buy a copy of the book in english, and an english to spanish dictionary. Translate it for yourself. It may take a while and it may be choppy but at least you will not have to wait for it to be translated, something that may not happen. The core book is all you really need to play, the rest is just icing on the cake.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that WW will ever translate it into Spanish because they will lose money in doing it. Secondly, the Aeonverse games have the steam to stop them from dying for years because there are so many ace fans who are keeping great sites like Aeonsociety, this and EuropaNet which will easily proplong the lifespan of the game.

Aeon

------------------

My aim is to live forever, or die trying. So far so good. :-)

Of course I know that all games will die one day!!!

But my question was about the market of Aberrant. If WW sells a lot of copys of it, the will translate it in spanish (they have translated many many of the books of vampire, Werewolf and even Changeling!). What can you say me about that?

Sorry, but I don't now many words in your language, and I can't write in they way that I write in spanish.

Archived