Aberrant RPG - just a quick note

First things first...You guy are great! I've been reading the posts for awhile and you guys have made me laugh so hard I fell out of my chair with tears streaming down my face!!!

Now secondly I'm thinking about scraping the meta plot of aberrant after 2010. From 2010 on I'm running my own time line....however my brain is fried (creating a whole campaign world for D&D in a day and a half will do that to you) so I'm kinda asking for a bit o advance and a few ideas to get me started.

It's pretty hard to stay with the metaplot anyways. As soon as you ad pc's into the story, eveything changes. You have things happen like major npc getting offed before they do what they're supposed to do and stuff like that. But I think the metaplot is a good one, maybe try to keep it in mind when you do whatever you do.

Here's a couple Ideas I had:

1)Slider Wasn't murdered, but everyone though she was. Ok, this is how this was done. Sophia Rousseau, with her pyschic abilites discovered ******* was going to kill her. She contacted Slider and replaced her with a clone (a npc I created had the clone ability with the extra "clone other people"). The clone was killed instead. Sophia then contacted corbin at the funeral which is why he ran out like that. Slider is a member of the Aberrants.

2)Pax was killed in the fight against Mal. This led to Utopia uping their activites against the teragen.

3)Elite Totentanz joins Teragen, due to the fact that...

4)Utopia after losing their most prominate nova (pax) Steps up millitary defense actions. ******* then inflitrates Devries and shuts the company. Mainly by blowing up the main offices and the training facilites. many under contract with DV are killed, sent to Bahrain, or joined Utopia.

those are the ideas I currently have whatcha think?

I'd actually have Anna Devries successfully negotiate a peace treaty with the teragen and bring over those of her company that wanted to join. Think about the fit Utopia would have with several dozen hardend elites going to the enemy. that may open up a new path for Terras as well, since the elite mentality may not fit with the other paths.

[This message has been edited by Sidious (edited 06-16-2001).]

interesting Idea there Sid, my I call you sid,...but I have a hard time believing Mal would ally himself with someone who basicaly gets involved with baselines all the time. Just a thought...

You could develop a world where the use of Nova powers is heavily restricted on Earth and so space exploration becomes the new focus for Nova abilities.

Colonisation of Mars first by Novas and then by baselines. Have the nova's create hypertech for space such as new space suits, engines, etc. Terraforming could become a new industry and the Deadelus League the scouts for the new frontier.

Have humanity encounter alien races such as the Qin, Chromatics, the Coalition and others. The possibilities for intersteller commerce and even war are huge. And lets not forget the "D".

here my problem, I really don't know much about Trinity so those race are extremly unknown to me, any background on those races would be excellent.

Or better yet I'll just design my own! Gee after all this work I'm putting into this damn campaign, my group better wasnt to do it. Cross your figures for me everyone!

Archived