Aberrant RPG - The Specials

Apep

Not sure that this an entirely apropriate post but anyways, No one seems to have heard about this movie. Find it, buy it, watch it. Amazing amounts of superheroey fun. Just a recomendation. Good movie to inspire comic relief. Games suck without that, usually.

As an aside has anyone seen the Australian kids TV series Ka-Blam? There are a couple of really cool mini-cartoons in it. My favourite would be the "Action League Now!" series...its about a group of superhero action figures.

The Team:

Melt Man (Melted action figure)

Stinky Diver (Smelly action figure flushed down the toilet too often)

The Flesh ("He's super strong and super naked!"...Bears a striking resemblence to a He-Man action figure)

Thunder Girl ("She flys...like thunder"...Barbie rip off)

I love obscure daft series.

The Specials is pretty recent. As far as actors, Thomas Haden-Church as the Strobe, Rob Lowe as Weevle, the rules guy from Scream is Amok, Melissa Joan Heart makes an appearance as Sunshine Grrrl. You've got to see it.

As far as that Austrailian thing, never heard of it but will keep an eye out.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally posted by Broblawsky:
Is it actually in theatres or a direct-to-video release?

It was in theaters, but with a very limited release. It's now available on video. The web site, which should be experience whether or not you've seen the movie, is http://www.thespecialsmovie.com/ .

------------------
"When all hope is lost, pig-headed refusal to acknowledge reality will always save the day."
--Andy Ihnatko

Argh! They stole my Disaster Girl idea! I didn't even know it existed...as Ms. Indestructable. Damn it all! Oh well, maybe I was linked to the Universal Consciousness or something...

...yeah, right.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of great superhero movies, watch Unbreakable. I just saw it this weekend and all I can say is, WOW! This encapsules many of the things I like about Aberrant, its fantastic!

[This message has been edited by Atwight (edited 07-16-2001).]

Unbreakable as a TV series? That I would watch. I have actually toyed around with the idea of an Aberrant TV series or mini-series. I think that would be very cool, as long as it didn't turn into the fiasco that the Kindred show turned into.

The Kindred show didn't TURN into a fiasco, it was a fiasco out of the blocks.

Alright I admit it... I watched it.

Alright, I admit it... I liked it

sigh.

I've seen an episode of the Action Force!, or whatever its called. I think the team was trying to save Melt Man from being chewed on and buried by a dog.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Pariah:
The Kindred show didn't TURN into a fiasco, it was a fiasco out of the blocks.

Alright I admit it... I watched it.

Alright, I admit it... I liked it

sigh.

Hey, I nevner said I didn't watch it.......or like it! ( I feel so dirty smile.gif ) There is even a Canadian tv station that plays reruns of it! But you have to admit, they butchered the idea, burned the the body, then pissed on the ashes as a final act of defiance....... No I'm not bitter wink.gif

Okay then, just think about whatever season two would have done if the male lead hadn't died in that accident.

Personally, I loved their idea of the Assamite, but them I have already been proven to be one sick puppy.

I think I'll need that support group.

I saw 2 eps of that bastardized thing and it was enough for me to decide that continued viewing would bring my parents idea that "tv rots your brain" into the realm of truth.

sad thing is I actually know someone who bought the dvd box set.

• 3 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but wasn't the character who had the highest non-flashback body count in THE KINDRED the Toreador woman? I remember thinking at one point she killed someone like every other episode.

Talk about a reversal of archetypes. ^_^

Bent on driving me insane I see Jager.

You have watched it?

All I can remember is pressing the on switch. Watching the credits, a few brief moments of mental pain and then blissful cranial trauma as my mind rebelled against the nazi-esque torment I was putting it through.

PLEASE. Jager, don't make me have to live through it again.

What did I ever do to you?

God bless all here.

Archived