Aberrant RPG - Powers of the Gods in 5 easy steps

Hmm normally it takes cash or doritos to distract me from matters of cosmic significance but since I enjoy level 1 powers let the games begin.

INGREDIANTS

1 1/2 cups of reality: If you wish me to use powers that end up at level 1 this is a joke. If you wish the power to remain level 1 it gets tricky.

2 cups false dreams: Bioluminecence is the stupidest power ever created

2 shakes of power: Lv 1 powers worth the grease to roast them in hell are silence, deflect redirect, claws and the personal favorite of quantum conversiion.

Lemon scrapings for the soul: Body modification is the real kicker .

Directions:

SURGEON GENERAL WARNING: Laack of Mega attributes is bad for your health

Take 1 teaspoon of mega stamina and a shake of the regeneration extra with just a hint of taint to round out the flavor

Add a cup of claws to the mixture taking extra care to link the tangy bitterness of claws with the warm mellowness of regeneration for a 5 star combo.

Use the added juice you got from the claws regeneration link to reduce the quantum cost of the regeneration. And as for the claws bump their duraton to permanent and use the remainder to round them out.

Now fluff up the mixture with as many maimed health levels as 8 more points of taint offer.

The final keys to the kingdom are the abberrations themselves convert your mediums into a high and triple up on radioactivity hard.

Bake at 350 for as long as you like cause unless you can deal him more than 80 odd health levels in a single turn he keeps coming back. And he is more radioactive than the french press tag teaming with the dancing crabs of bikini island.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD A WOMAN IN ANY TERM OF PREGNACY INGEST THIS DELICASY DUE TO HIGH PERCENTAGES OF BIRTH DEFECTS AND FAMINE.

================================================================

Bobmaster will be periodically posting the greatest and most twisted hits ever to come out of his group on the "Lets all tell each other how good our characters are" thread. Feel free to use the waste paper basket to hold the excess bile this announcment produces

[This message has been edited by bobmaster SQUARED (edited 09-20-2001).]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This addendum to honor the fallen. It is a sad day for those in the buisness of brokering power. Today one of our own has crossed the line from insanity to foolishness drinking the corrupting nectar of the the infinity loophole.

This fallen angel has discovered a structural flaw in aberrant a +2 -1 combo with infinte application.

Let us mourn this poor soul and if he keeps his mouth shut on this forum nothing bad will happen to his family.

Yes I'm talkin to you, do it and I will hunt you down and kill you.

P.S. To all you innocent bystanders if it is not immediatly clear that I'm addressing you I ai'nt

Boys, while your unique approach to the game may not be appeciated, I believe courtesy is.

Your power struggles and less sharable fun might best be kept to a less public forum. And, as far as I know, Dr. 0 doesn't partake of this forum. Indeed, many of the citizens of this area do not, or will not, participate in the WW forums. So tie-ins with converstations and assumptions that originate there are not universally shared.

------------------

Wizard

Magic is change.

Change is quantum.

You do the math.

[This message has been edited by Wizard (edited 09-22-2001).]

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ranger:
Well, I wasn't lost before but I am now. Wizard, what are you talking about? I think perhaps I should register with WW just to figure out this mess smile.gif

Sounded simple enough to me. Don't quote from the WW forums because not everyone has access or wants access there, and it just confuses people who have no idea what on earth they're talking about!

Very amusing Bobmaster.

You are an inspiration to us all! I'm finding it all useful (as well as funny) in that it's alerting me to ways my players (not of course that they would dare) could abuse the system.

Anyway take it easy people. Life's too short to take these things too seriously.

God bless all here.

For those of you listening and caring I posted a charcter a person in my group created on the charcters thread. These are the basic mechanics.

THERE IS NO LIMIT IN THE RULES ON # OF POINTS IN A POWER

LIMITORS REDUCE A POWERS LEVEL BY ONE

BODYMORPH CAN BE USED TO JUSTIFY ANYTHING

NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING NEVER USE THE WORD WANKER IN ANY SENTACE CONTAINING CANKER

From my throne on the10th circle I bid the farewell

Magic is Change p -> q

Change is quantum q -> r

You do the math p -> r

Let n = Reality

Given n

p -> ~n

~p

[This message has been edited by bobmaster SQUARED (edited 09-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by bobmaster SQUARED (edited 09-26-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...

I found an interesting Power capability in the book today (well, yesterday, actually).

Note, this can be done with a 30pt Nova without Tainting at all. Observe:

Hyperrunning 5, Mega-Dex 1 (with Enhanced Movement), Mega-Wits 1 (with Quickness), Mega-Strength 1 (with anything). Now, spend the rest on Levels of Quickness.

That's it. Now, pick up a lamppost, go to full speed, and execute a Hyperspeed Strike. That is a [5] 13d10L attack. Once you attack him, use your next turn (via Quickness) to hit him again. Continue until you have finished your turns, or until target is turned into a bloody pulp.

Cool, no? Buying tainted also means that you can buy extra Mega-Strength (once you raise your Quantum, Naturally). Given the touch of bobmaster, I'm sure this could do quite large amounts of easy damage!

Hmmm.....Hitting someone with a lampost moving at a very high speed. It seems to me that you would end up hurting a fait number of people a fair amount.

Since the theme seems to be kinetics then I suppose the best thing I can do is follow up with one of my personal favorites.

Momentum control-- the most bootleg power in the game of abberant. It entails the ability to modify the momentum and kinetic state of any object.

Let us say that Divis mal wants you dead. Under normal circumstances you would be but if your GM was foolish enough to let you goad Mal into a direct confrontation he deserves what he gets.

Let M = a rela tive measure ment of mass

Let S= a relative unit of speed

Let U= Speed mass factor in relative terms

Divis mal = M

Divis Mal= S

The moon = 1000000000M

The Moon= 1000S

MS= U

(1000000000M)(1000S) = 1000000000000U

If U = 25 m/s divis mal has passed from existance. As he body approaches the speed of light his mass become infinite and a stray hydrogen molecules taps his solar plexus. Nuclear fusion occurs subdermally and the kinetic energy transfer causes his physical form yo rend itself assunder. This will happen before he passes out of out of the orbit of the moon. Now the moon returns to its perpetual free fall and fisherman around the world will need new tide charts.

But why be so crude. pick up a single blade of grass reverse its absolut relative universal velocity and watch as a blast of hellish fusion energy roils down the channel of disrupted time onto an unsuspecting godhead.

Or if you want some one dead damn the universe. Transfer the momentum of the entire vigo super cluster into his spleen.

CAN you guess what the realtive masses of a spleen and a cluster of over 100000000 galaxies is......

If you want to walk the path of righteousness you must sleep at least 8 hour a day and eat nutragrain cereals.

laugh

• 1 month later...

Momentum Control??? WHAT exactly is that, anyway? Come on now, if you had infinite power with anything, Yes, you would be godlike, but you don't, so you're not. Besides, the energy needed to accelerate something to the speed of light rises exponentially.

Worse, its bad game play.

Sighhh...

If you weren't so stupid you would be cute mad .

Momentum control is a suite power in the back of the players guide. It contain the powers transfer enchance and reverse. Tranfer allows you to transfer the momentum of any object or group of objects to any other object or group of objects. Remember that a truck moving at 60kph has thousands more times the momentum of a baseball moving at the same speed. Reversal allows you to change the direction in which their momentum is traveling.

Now think of it this way. The earth is orbiting around the sun with a period of 1 year. the earth is about 1.5*10^15 meters from earth. THis means the Earth orbits at around 47532131.7 meters per second. 60 mph is around 25 m/s. now if I were to negelct the speed at which the earth were spinning and the rate at which our sun moves away from the galactic core and the rate at which our cluster exands and our super cluster. We wouold still have a rather impressive number. Reverse that and suddenly your foe is no longer in the zip code. THis about it . You can fly at a maximum speed of three four hundred miles an hour. Do you have any idea how long it would take to stop and then return. Assuming of course ya didn't hit nuthin....

Apparently lack of stimulus has caused your already feeble brains to atrophy

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: bobmaster SQUARED ]

Nothing gets the blood up like a good riposte. There actually might be hope for you, next time remember that a criticism is enchanced by a witty and cutting jab directed at a persons ideas and creations. But the coup de grace should always be directed at the person himself (yes I'm not only rude but I don't add on the /herself) take Jager. This guy has almost 300 posts and has been haunting this forum for years. I expect such an obvious adherant to the ways of aberrant to be at least slightly more familar with the system than a someone I've never no-one ever heard of.... Thats why he's fair game. But fairs really never been a concern. Lets just say that he who sticks his neck out loses his head, unless of course you have a twisted sense of humor... then he gets raped.

Maybe I'm being to harsh but maybe I'm not being harsh enough. The ennui around this place is thick enough to choke on.

Dynamite, lighter fluid and monkeys don't mix

Unless you use a cordless blender

And only if it has frapee as a setting

I think that her point was, you are free to point out rules that someone missed... just make sure that you do not, at the same time, blurt out half-baked insults that make you sound like a pimple-faced teen without a hint of social graces.

Behave, for fuck´s sake.

• 2 weeks later...

Your right Bob. I had blocked that one from my mind. As for being rude; forget about it. We both know your a power-gaming little munchkin with no social nicities, so no insult was taken.

Now Bob, about Momentum Control: If I could harness enough power to negate the momentum on a target, I could also use that power in other ways...like creating my own universe without the target in it, moving the subject through time, ect. If that is the power level you want to be playing at, good luck. Your Referee (and that is what he or she will really be) should need all the luck there is.

Momentum Control is a nice idea, but lets not get carried away (for the sake of game balance). Negating momentum on even a grain of sand is insane. It creates hyper-velocity missles. It has the effects of meteor strikes on the moon. You vaporize the atmosphere through the friction caused by the mass moving through and would impart unbelievible levels of kinetic force to whatever was impacted.

This is why it isn't always good to impose too much science in a game. Reality can be a harsh mistress.

...and Bob, Merry Christmas (belatedly) and a Happy New Year.

Gwyneth and Argent, thanks for sticking up for me in my abscence. Your decent folks. Thanks and Happy New Year to the two of you sharing those Northern Lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies are in order, but unfortunatly if I were to give one my reputation would be marred beyond repair. I am very serious, your lack of attention to the basic mechanics of aberrant will land any GM in hot water and as for players... You miss out on the wonderful world of character enchancement as well as a great deal of bragging rights.

If you wish to gain a modicum of understanding of aberrant rememner these simple points.

THe only 2 books you need for 90% rules mastery are the Main book and the players guide

All of the most broken powers come from the teragen source book

Story teller is the MOST FLAWED SYSTEM IN EXISTENCE. I could drive a truck through these loopholes and there are tons of them.

Divis mal is the boogie man under everyones bed but the bottom line is that he has a suck ass power suite. Yeah its powerful but it ain't creative.

Lastley nothing spices up a conversation like a little rudeness. So unless anyone here is named emily post SHUT UP

Fine, so manners are out the window, I can deal with that. Coupla flaws in your argument.

1. You are apparently not aware of the missing text on Momentum Swap. Here it is:

"The nova concentrates on two nearby objects and exchanges their

momentum. Each now moves at the speed and in the direction the other

was moving, multiplied by the difference in their masses. The heavier

target can weigh no more than twice what the smaller target does,

doubling for each level of Inertia Control after the first: twice as

much at 1 dot, four times as much at 2 dots, eight times as much at 3

dots and so on. It takes just one success to perform the Momentum

Swap. The nova can use extra successes to reduce the speed of one

target or the other. Each success spent halves one target's speed;

the excess inertia manifests as a slight warming throughout the

nova's range."

So, at five dots of Momentum Control you can switch momentum from anything within your area of affect to anything else, so long as the maximum difference in their masses is thirty two times. So, transfering the momentum from any thing ridiculously large to anything particularly small is verboten.

2. You can only affect momentum changes on or between objects that are within your area of affect. So, if you have Q5 and 5 dots of Momentum Control you can affect any two objects whose volume does not exceed approximatly 113,000 cubic meters combined. Both of these objects must be entirely within your range of 50 meters. Again, no messing with the moon or trying to change something's speed in relation to the universe, the sun or even the rotation of the earth since none of those things fit within your area of effect.

Now, you can still do some truly awful things with the power, but you look like an ass when you make such ridiculously empty examples.

3. There are no holes in the ST system. Those items that you percieve as holes are the areas where mature players and storytellers are supposed to discuss things like rational human beings and come to an acceptable consensus. If you are one of those sad little individuals who only game to try to prove your superiority over someone else I would like to remind you of something, this is a fucking game. If you are able to come up with silly little twisted interpretations of rules based on your own fucked up logic and remarkable ability to only read those sections of the rules that fit your own warped views, well congratulations, it doesn't mean shit. If you don't like the ST system that much don't play it. If some aspects of it are amusing to you, improve on it so that it works for you. It is not supposed to be a rules heavy environment, it is maleable on purpose.

Now, I will return to my normally more civil tone and admit that I find your posts amusing and clever, within their scope. However I see no reason for your insults to someone who has put a lot of effort into posting material at this site for others to enjoy. I am not figure of authority here so all I am doing is expressing my own humble opinion.

Good day.

When you quote straight from the source there isn't much one can say.

Now...elipsis aside I would like to adress some of the points brought up Stone Phillips one post up.

When I say flawed I mean flawed. Not scuzzy behind your GMs back flawed I'm talking wide load huge. An example come in my first post. Web linking is a completely legal thing, there is no errata and no way anyone could match you. The increased range extra raises a power 1 level wihile it takes 6 reduced rage weaknesses to match the positve growth provided by the extra. So whats all this mean uncle bob. It means that with no net loss of anything you gained a strength point... That is a hole. Now if I were to disregard the 1001 other little errors built into the game of aberrant and move onto say vampire I could still continue to point out flaws and holes.

Example: In vampire the 6 dot power attached to vissicitude is blood of acid. 6 dice of damage per blood point a foe is exposed to, it slips my mind whether or not this damage is aggravated, anyway the fifth level viccisitude power is blood form... now what would happen say if a person with 12 blood points in their pool fell on an opponent while in blood form. 72 odd dice of agg. or lethal damage. A tank doesn't do that much.

We could go on and on back and forth about the merits and flaws of storyteller. But the bottom line is it is a frayed system. The construction of the game on its most basic level is not one of balance but one of badly thought out and ill planned expansions to the core system. When we complare storyteller with the relatively compact systems of alternity or d20 we see a true divergence in paths.

In d20 the developement of the chartacter is the game. This is reinforced by a monstrous difference between the low and the high as well as a striclty regimented and mathematically balanced startup system to create a system where anything broken isn't from a player approved supplement.

In alternity the incredible difficulty involved with hurting anyone along with the generally supernatural bent of the settings puts the lighs out on any attempt to batter the system. This propensity coupled with a generally moderate skill package make even the most hectic alternity game a walk in the park compared with anything that comes out of story teller.

Now stop eyeing those trees and put down the rope. Storytellers focus on the gothic inner horror is both its pride and its hubris. The difference is slight but when you have a group of players with a artsy or theatrical mindset the nuances of the system can shine. However if anyone with a more agressive outlook on life and a moderate level of analytical intellegence can dissect the system and make it hell for everyone else. Before you say anything allow me to say it for you. If this were to happen you would remove the problem from your environment and play on. Yes this is a typical solution but it does not give storyteller a license to be flawed. Nor does it make the system unflawed.

Your counter argument might possibly include a statement of the flexibility of story teller and is allowances for creativity. My rebuttle comes in two words. Godlike. A recent production of hobgoblynn.com it utilizes the d10 to a much greater degree as well as greatly reducing the number of rolls and dice involved. Not enough settting info is out to conclusively rate the system but it is an example of how as a system storyteller is greatly overmatched.

However the redeming quality of story teller comes in the form of its setting info. Source books supplements and a general concentration on social and political power, as opposed to personal power give the vsrious settings of world of darkness and trinity/ aberrant a unique appeal.

Now I apologize for the dissertation but it needed to be said. I eagerly await a new challenge and any objection you have with my opinions I will encourage you to voice. However, if your thoughts are to brittle to encompase my position then PLEASE voice you opinion. The vapid complanits of brain dead zealots is one of the true joys in life. Well my life anyway.

H to the IZO E to the IZAE. Or H to the power of IZO and E to the power of IZAE. How rappers teach us algebra.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: bobmaster SQUARED ]

However, Bobmaster, I should remind of one fact that will, for all intents and purposes, wreck any Aberrant Machine of destruction:

The Storyteller may veto anything.

That is, in effect, the numero uno rule of any game that utilises either version of the Storyteller system. It's right there, in black and white, in the rules section of every game's Core rule book. Now, yes, the loopholes you've pointed out are possible, and can be utilised by any player - But of course, the Storyteller has Ultimate Say over whether it's allowable in his game. The few times I've storytold, I've used the Golden rule often to justify decisions that don't run to the rules exactly, or the few times that I can't be bothered to get the book out to find the exact wording of how a power works. I'm allowed to do that!

Yes, Rules lawyers get really upset when I do this, but I tell them "But I am following the rules - The Golden Rule, in fact. If you don't like me following the rules, you can go see if someone else will let you into their game."

So, in short, I disagree that the Storyteller systems are "frayed". It's designed to be a cinematic system, not one where you can determine precisely what happened to someone else with no margin for error. It relies on the Storyteller to figure out how what the characters do fits into the story. The rules are designed merely to lubricate play, not dictate with an iron fist how things must occur in any given game. I've seen Storytellers play Vampire, where noone may, even with experience, buy Disciplines above 3, because he felt those above that level weren't suitable for his game. In an Aberrant game I STed, A player had to try 5 times to make a character that I was satisfied would fit within the realms of my game.

In the Storyteller System, the Story is King. The Rules are not King. The Players are not King. The idea is to tell a great story. Nothing else. I find the rules more than sufficient for that purpose.

Daffy Duck would say storyteller shmoryteller but I say those are excuses not reasons.

I bitterly regret forgetting to include the GM is god clause in my possible counter arguments section.

Come Closer and I'll let you in on the best kept secret of the RPG world. The GM is god clause is what differntiates between an RPG with a a capital RPG and the ower case rpg like dungeon master, were the arbitrator is bound by a strict set of rules and it is a competition between the GM and the players. Alternity ,AD&D, every d6 game under the sun, deadlands godlike and fuzion all have the GM is god clause. Why, because the GM is expected to behave with decorum and a bit of common sense.

But the backlash is just that, whether or not you as the GM or you as the GM community or even you as the RPG commmunity as a whole think that the modificaions made to the core rules by a GM wer with the scope of reason the players are all that matters. If your players feel miffed or don't respect you vision or authority. The best systems give provision to reiforce the authority and decrease the strife bred by restrictions based on play.

No for the last fucking time Storyteller isn't th worst nor is it the best, it excells in mood and atmosphere freedom and plot, but is weak in speed construction and balance. Now come up with a decent counter arguement and be here at high noon.

I Thoroughly disagree that a ST system weakness is speed (If you think about those Champions horror stories of 3 turns of combat taking up your entire game session, the 20-30 minutes that a full-on intense Aberrant combat will take looks quite speedy).

However, it seems to me that we are both working on different wavelengths here. You feel that ST should be a system where you don't need a ST to dictate, that the rules should be good enough to allow players to be able to do anything required.

Well, fine. Your opinion.

However, and I think I probably speak for a goodly portion of the forum member when I say this, Most of us are just happy with a system that works.

ST, I agree, is fuzzy on rules a lot of the time. I believe, in fact, that it was designed that way on purpose. It is a common belief in the RPG community that huge amounts of rules tend to get in the way of good role-playing. I don't have an opinion on the matter, because I've only ever played with one other RPG system (Tri-Stat, which also was not a rules-intensive system), but I've had a rollicking good time with ST, because the system is has so much slack.

Basically, I'm saying that Storyteller system is perfectly fine for what it does. Those things you obviously find annoying were most likely designed that way on purpose. Storyteller is Cinematic, not realistic. It's designed to cut the time and hassle more rules-intensive systems require, and it has the added benefit of not needing mathematical aids like some other systems.

In total, it's perfect the way it is, to me. If you find it's not to your taste, you can always tinker with it (I have a friend who never plays with rules as written, he always tinkers around a little with them), or find a system that better encompasses your vision of System Utopia. We're all quite happy with the system as it stands.

Oh, BTW, where did you get the idea that players were backlashing against ST rules-bending? Most players I know are quite glad for much of the rules tinkering, because they don't have to wait 10 minutes for me to read through the book and find the right rules. Those that aren't happy, to my reckoning, are the ones who have memorised the rules, and even they tend to grudgingly accept the speed this methods gives.

So, that's points in favour of non-rules-intensive systems, I look forward to your response.

Hmmmm....I have to agree with Bobmaster Satanicus on this one.

Personally I find that the game can be a bit slow. The combat system is one which relies on a lot of dice rolling. Everytime you try and even hit someone involes a cascade of other rolls involving blocking, damage, soaking etc etc.

So what? The combat system is clunky. As long as you are happy with it why should you care that others are not.

While I agree that Bobmaster is a bastard at times, he does have valid points on the system. It can be broken. His posts are quite amusing but at the same time I don't think they should really be taken seriously.

You play good games, write interesting posts and seem to enjoy yourselves. Bobmaster just breaks things. Why argue about it?

God bless all here.

You have a point, Father, and I've said he does have many good points. I guess it's a throwback from my old days on PublicDebate (a discussion forum I'm glad I've since abandoned(If you're curious, it's at http://www.publicdebate.com.au). There, well, If you can't argue (and want to argue), you're going to look like an idiot pretty quickly. It went downhill IMHO a while back, so I left.

I really should rein in that side of me here, though (although Avenger sort of encouraged me with the Anarchy thread). Bobmaster sort of gave me an opening I couldn't resist, and I went for it. I'll stop now laugh

While it is true that the ST system is far from perfect... your main concern seems to come from the fact that it can`t be played as a videogame.

It takes no special talent whatsoever to break a system. None.

You just need to sit down and read the book and actually care enough about those little dices to do it.

Just because we can, doesn`t mean we will (I sure don't). The game isn't supposed to be between the GM and players to see who wins. It's not supposed to be a contest, but a cooperation.

• 2 months later...

I know this may be a little late in the day and I'm not sure of the exact costs of everything (I don't have the Player's Guide, yet), but did bobmaster leave enough points to buy Quantum 4 (for the Megadex of 5)?

• 2 months later...

Actual steps of godlike character at creation.

1. Take a character with density control decrease of 5 with extra Full control: 25 pt.s or taint for less.

2. Take a good bit of mental defenses. Lets say invulnerability mental.

3. Take some mega strength.

4. Now, reach into the mind of an enemy. Use your full control to recreate your hand and squeeeeeeeezzzzzzeeeeeee with your mega strength.

There you have it. The simple yet usable munchkin technique of cheese.

(Note): To deny any thoughts of my being a munchkin this was an idea a friend of mine had. wink

Actual steps of godlike character at creation.

1. Take a character with density control decrease of 5 with extra Full control: 25 pt.s or taint for less.

2. Take a good bit of mental defenses. Lets say invulnerability mental.

3. Take some mega strength.

4. Now, reach into the mind of an enemy. Use your full control to recreate your hand and squeeeeeeeezzzzzzeeeeeee with your mega strength.

There you have it. The simple yet usable munchkin technique of cheese.

(Note): To deny any thoughts of my being a munchkin this was an idea a friend of mine had. wink

I saw a player do something like this once. And laughed myself sick when the ST began describing the victims node exploding under pressure. We soon had a new character in our group to replace the poor bastard that had become a soot stain on the sidewalk. Morale of the story;

Why yes, the Storyteller system does lend itself to mechanic abuse. That doesn't mean twinkery and munchinism is without penalty.

:P

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah mister MEGA LINKED MEGA FLAWED MEGA SUPER BUT MUNCHING BEAM MAN. You roll each merged attack seperately so the little deal of 66 55 dice........ well..... if one misses they all miss, it's listed in the rules on merge. And their is a limit I believe on how much flaw can be added to a power so -2 powers are impossible. :Pshockedlaugh And....... if an ST allows that shyt in a game then he needs a good bytch-slapping.

Hmmmmm...IT doesn't really matter. No, really.

The biggest benefit (And detriment) of the ST system in my estimation is one of flexibility. The rules can accomodate his ubertwinking as easily as they can not.

While it's a pain in the neck when you get used to house rules or interpretations, and you play with another group that doesn't use them, it's also a plus, because you don't have to let something like this happen in your games.

Therefore, I am right when I say it won't work. He is right when he says it will. He and his gamers can work hard and break the system. Me and my gamers cannot...Well, with exceptions.

I do look for loopholes, so I can fill them in. When my players uncover loopholes, they generally point them out, instead of building a 2D character around them. But hey, whatever. No-one's being forced to play with BobMaster.

And if White Wolf is flawed for allowing loopholes, it's only from his point of view. He takes the option of not using common sense rulings, because that would prevent many of the system breaks.

Sorry to drag this up, but I couldn't help but notice my own posts from way back when, and I kinda have trouble believing I'd post that. eek

Archived