Aberrant RPG - N! Prime Interview: Jacob "Jake" Stone, a.k.a. Bellicose

Matt

<font size="4">N! Prime Interview: Jacob "Jake" Stone, a.k.a. Bellicose</font>

by Lisa Hammerstein

N! Prime: Good evening! Tonight's special guest is someone we've all been hoping to learn a little more about. You've seen him regularly on pay-per-view programs, and he is considered perhaps the most dangerous and lethal shootfighter in the XWF. But he is also known for his extensive charity work and campaigns against domestic violence, child abuse, and other important issues. Lately, he's been criticized for his active and open support for the civil rights of those novas labeled as Teragen by both Project Utopia and the media. He is in the news, he's in your face, and right now, he's in our studio, broadcasting live! He is none other than Jacob "Jake" Stone, popularly known as Bellicose! Welcome, Bellicose!

Jacob Stone: Thank you Lisa. Please, call me Jake. Thank you for the introduction. It is great to be here tonight. <table width="35%" border="1" align="left" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolorlight="#CCCCCC" vspace="8"><tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC"><td><font size="4">I erupted at that moment, and literally tore the man into shreds with my energy claws. </font></td></tr></table>

N! Prime: Jake, let's start with telling us a little bit about yourself, before your eruption and transformation into a nova.

JS: Sure thing. I grew up in Newark, New Jersey. My mother worked hard to support me, three jobs actually. She is a wonderful woman. I was one of the few White boys in the neighborhood, which naturally led to my quickly learning how to defend myself.N! Prime: You certainly have come a long way from those hard times, and your prowess is quite evident. Your father... you didn't mention him.JS: Ah, yes... well, like too many men, he found himself blessed with a wife and son to beat, which was usually the scenario when he came around for the weekend to drop off his child support check before going back out to the strip bars with his buddies.

N! Prime: I see. There is still a lot of pain there. Would you be willing to tell us about your father's death?JS: Certainly. When I was twenty-two, I had become strong enough and fast enough to actually deal with the man. In one of his drunken rages one evening, he was beating my mother, nearly to death as her injuries would have led had I not been home. I came between the two of them and summarily beat the man to death with my own hands. I erupted at that moment, and literally tore the man into shreds with my energy claws.

N! Prime: Did you do any jail time? I remember hearing about the case in the news, back in May of 2002.<table width="30%" border="1" align="right" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolorlight="#CCCCCC" vspace="3"><tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC"> <td><font size="4">I am not a voice of violence, nor a threat, but instead a consequence of violence. </font></td></tr></table>

JS: The prosecutor tried to paint me out as a wayward, troubled, and violent young man, but he failed to overlook the dozens of times that the police failed to arrest the man before then. Perhaps he did so to avoid not only his own failure to deal with evil when he should have, but for the entire police force as well. It was a matter of avoiding consequences for the authorities, and placing their guilt onto a young man.

N! Prime: So you weren't sentenced at all? No jail...

JS: No, Lisa. In the neighborhood I grew up in, many of the women and children were also victims of domestic violence and child abuse. The jury knew that, and although they had to return a guilty verdict on the charge of manslaughter, I was only sentenced to several years of probation. I became a hero in the eyes of my community.

N! Prime: It is safe to say that this is the reason you now do charity work for the victims of domestic violence, particularly women and children. Could you tell us a little about this?

JS: Of course. Although I have contributed several million dollars to various charities for the victims of domestic violence, I have also built several shelters for those victims as well, all of which exceed state funded shelters by at least 250% in the quality of services and care provided. I have started a foundation to pay for the injuries these women and children suffer, and I am personally organizing tuition funds for women and children so that they may achieve higher education.

N! Prime: Wow! That's quite a bill. Now, you were approached shortly thereafter by Project Utopia. How did you handle that?

JS: They offered me the standard six-figure salary, the benefits, and the whole spit shined deal. It was clear to me that no matter how many cures they discovered, no matter how many criminals they fought, Project Utopia and Team Tomorrow, in their quest to make the world a better place, could do absolutely nothing for the real victims in this world. Those victims are the women and children who get caught up in the conflicts of men. That was something I wanted to address.

N! Prime: So you turned down their generous offer, and found yourself competing in the independent fighting circuits. And that's when you took the name Bellicose, correct?<table width="75%" border="1" align="center" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolorlight="#CCCCCC"><tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC"> <td><font size="4">Baseline society has always adored those men capable of violence. </font></td></tr></table>

JS: That's correct, dear. For two years I made quite a name for myself, at first in Japan, and then across the world. Most of the money I earned, which was much more than what Utopia and Team Tomorrow would have offered, I used to set up my various charities and contributions and campaigns. When the XWF was created in 2004, they asked me to join, and I have been able to earn even more money with them.

N! Prime: Now, I have to ask... you seem like such a nice guy. Do you really enjoy the violence, the bloodshed?JS: Absolutely not, Lisa. It disgusts me.N! Prime: Then why do you do it? Is it the money?

JS: Yes. I have been gifted with incredible prowess. Baseline society has always adored those men capable of violence, which was as true in the days of ancient Rome as it is today. You'll see it on school playgrounds, you'll see it on television and in the movies, and you'll see it in the ratings, Lisa. Violence for the sake of violence is evil, as is violence for the sake of vanity. For me, I have been able to turn the wages of evil into a more productive and much needed cause.

N! Prime: You seem to have a sense of honor about violence, much like a samurai. Is this why you won't accept any spots on Two Minutes Hate, or even answer to the comments about you?<table width="55%" border="1" align="right" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bordercolorlight="#CCCCCC" vspace="3"><tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC"> <td><font size="4">Wherever I walk, I courteously recognize the laws and follow them, much as you would and should if you visit a foreign country, but should I fail to be protected by those laws, particularly from violence, I will absolutely defend myself by whatever means I see fit. </font></td></tr></table>

JS: Precisely, Lisa. Some men delude themselves into thinking that by proving that they have more crap coming out of their mouths than their rear ends, that they become true men by doing so. I am not a voice of violence, nor a threat, but instead a consequence of violence. And I don't use nor need my mouth to voice that.

N! Prime: Just last week, Jake, you did speak out on the recent murder of the beloved Jennifer Landers, also known as Slider. Despite Project Utopia's accusation of Teragen involvement in her murder, you have publicly countered their argument, and in fact, taken the side of the Teragen. Could you tell us about this, Jake?

JS: Certainly. Think of how the Teragen is being portrayed, as terrorists. Terrorists all seek some form of recognition or credit for their actions, correct? Let's use the example of Geryon murdering the mayor of Tampa, Frederick Rupert. Even though I do not agree with Geryon's methods, violent actions against enemies of the Teragen are made publicly. They are not ashamed of what they do. They will take the credit. If any of the Teragen had indeed murdered Ms. Landers, some form of calling card, or a more public murder, would have been committed. As far as we know, there were no witnesses other than the murderer. That certainly isn't Geryon's style, and those Terats who follow Geryon are a credit-craving lot. The Teragen would also like to know who murdered Ms. Landers, mainly so we can clear our names.

N! Prime: So you support the Teragen then? Even if not the murder of Mayor Rupert?

JS: Absolutely, Lisa. Why wouldn't I? Like Count Orzaiz would agree, no two Terats are alike. Some will resort to the methods of Geryon, while others will not. Mayor Rupert came across as a racist and a hateful man. In fact, his anti-nova speeches and propaganda proved it. Although murdering him was certainly against baseline law, and despite the anguish his family has suffered, I have as much sympathy for Mayor Rupert as I would for a murdered Nazi or a Klansman. You may not be allowed to say so on the air, but I'm sure you wouldn't shed any tears for a dead racist.

N! Prime: So what is it that you do as a Teragen member and supporter?

JS: The sane thing I have always done, Lisa, earning money for charities and helping the victims of domestic violence. Yes, I do accept the ideology that I am indeed more than human, but it is not an issue of superiority. I do not abuse my powers, nor do I seek to commit acts of violence against baseline humans or baseline society. Wherever I walk, I courteously recognize the laws and follow them, much as you would and should if you visit a foreign country, but should I fail to be protected by those laws, particularly from violence, I will absolutely defend myself by whatever means I see fit. That doesn't mean I need to rip a man into ribbons, no, of course not. But should someone deliberately seek to harm me, I again become the consequence to oppression and violence. Every living being, baseline or nova, absolutely has the right to defend themselves as they see fit, within responsible guidelines.

N! Prime: So do you feel that Geryon was irresponsible in his actions?

JS: Geryon sets his own standards for responsibility, Lisa, as do most baselines anyway. He felt that killing Mayor Rupert would not only rid the world of a racist, but also create an example for others who may try to follow in Mayor Rupert's hateful footsteps. Geryon's standards may not be acceptable to most baselines or even novas, but as I said before, I have no sympathy for men who choose to live and voice a life of evil. Mayor Rupert was such a man, despite the kind words his family and friends have for him. Even Hitler's death was mourned, not just by the fugitive Nazis, but by millions throughout Europe. The question now becomes how much sympathy will you, the listeners at home and around the world, have for the evils around you? Bad things happen to good people all the time... my mother was one such person. These people should be helped. But bad things happen to bad people too, and when they do, it doesn't mean that you are under any obligation to feel sorry for them.

N! Prime: So what is it that the Teragen stands for, as far as you can see?

JS: To put it honestly, the Teragen is made up of those novas who have the courage to fight for their right to exist as they please, to form their own society in this world, free from oppression. This is still a baseline world, with baseline laws and governments. Novas, regardless of their affiliations with the Teragen or with Utopia, are considered second-class citizens. We have no place, yet we are here. The range of our abilities causes a great deal of fear, just as skin color frightens too many people. I for one am trying to diminish that fear, while lending support to those novas that can establish a place for all novas to live in peace. With all the obstacles deliberately being put on us, with all the false accusations and lies intentionally spoken about us, how could anyone not expect some kind of confrontation?

N! Prime: But what about all the deaths that have been attributed to the Teragen in the past year?

JS: What about all the deaths in Kashmir and other hotspots around the world? More novas than baselines are being killed serving baseline governments involved in these conflicts. You may indeed appreciate that your son won't have to go off and fight in a war, but if a nova is sent instead, it becomes entertainment, and if a nova dies, another will take his place. Sending novas off to fight in baseline wars is the same thing as the Union government sending off poorly equipped and trained Black Regiments to fight in the Civil War... when the Blacks died, more took their place. Blacks were sacrificed so that more Whites could live. It is a clear example of moral irresponsibility. Instead of resolving the issues in Kashmir amicably, baseline governments find a prolonged war and continued violence more interesting and profitable.

N! Prime: I would love to continue this interview, Jake, but it appears that we are out of time for this evening. Thank you so much for your time, Jake.

JS: It was my pleasure, Lisa. We could, in fact, continue this interview over dinner. I would be willing to give you a more in depth exclusive...

N! Prime: Ah... sure!

Archived