Aberrant RPG - BBCO News at 6

Matt

<font size="4">BBCO News at 6</font>

<font size="4">White Chapel Murders solved </font>

"Good evening from the BBCO."

And in nova news this evening, 18-year-old nova John Thaw, whom you will remember as the Oxford student who erupted upon receiving his BA Honours Medicine degree last year, has apparently solved the Ripper Murders. Since then the gifted young man has gone on to demonstrate a keen capacity for forensic science and criminal deduction. Scotland Yard has worked with him on numerous occasions; each time his startling hunches and quantum-inspired guesswork has lead to the capture of many individuals, not least of all IRA terrorist Pol Quinnan.

Today, Thaw announced he had solved the case - the most notorious series of murders in English history - and demonstrated his findings on a sophisticated computer model he himself deigned. Of course, only he could understand he processes involved, but Scotland Yard announced they endorsed his findings:

"Well, while we don't fully understand how John arrived at these findings, we feel confident that they are legitimate given his track record in working with us." The spokesman breaks into a jovial giggle, he seems more bemused than anything else "of course I don't know what he expects us to do about it, over 100 years later though. Yes I think he'll make a fine officer one day!" The spokesman starts top leave but is stopped ny one final question "no I'm afraid we can't name the suspect right now.yes even after all this time, please bear with us!"

Indeed, Mr Thaw has already issued a public statement, via pr guru and DeVries consultant, Max Clifford: "My client would like to address the issue of the Whitechapel murders. He would also like to thank Scotland Yard for their support throughout his career, and he hopes that they will stand by him in this decision. As a nova, John takes his position and responsibilities very seriously, and it is not without careful forethought that he makes this request. John has demonstrated many times a deep compassion for humanity - both nova and baseline - and a strong moral centre. Accordingly John would like to request some form of justice for those who suffered at the hands of the Ripper. So it is with the utmost consideration and conviction that my client, Jonathan Thaw, would request that the suspect's - who cannot be named for legal reasons - current living relative be held accountable. Thank you."<font color="#FF0000">(Cuts back to the studio amidst a flurry of flashbulbs) </font>

The statement made only hours ago has yet to galvanise any kind of response from the Project Utopia, with whom Thaw severed ties with shortly after his Eruption, and Scotland Yard. More on this as we have it."

• 1 month later...

<font size="4">Musician Sued </font>

And finally, American DJ MC Supa-Nova was successfully sued for $5,000 by the nova Adam Gravesley today. A high court in Los Angeles decreed that the fledgling musician had taken samples of his singing without permission and claimed them as his own work.

Adam, a musician himself with the Oasis covers band 'Morning Glory' before his Eruption six months ago, only learned that he had been transmitting his performances over FM OpNet frequencies when he heard his voice used in several pieces on MC Supa-Nova's debut CD 'Eruptionz'. The singer had this to say:

"Well, like, I knew it were me 'cause it was from a performance I did in me studio like you know! He could only have gotten it from these transmissions. Honestly I never knew I had it in me!"

Supa-Nova's lawyer is considering further action arguing that Gravesley had no right breaking into his client's personal space, and that these transmissions were in the public domain. It also appears that Project Utopia themselves have stepped in and offered their services in training Gravesley in return for negotiating rights with ViaSoft to record and market his unique brand of performance."

• 1 month later...

<font size="4">Talk Show hostess in hot water </font>

In other Nova news today, controversial talkshow hostess Vanessa Feltz has once again been the focus for media attention. Ms Feltz, 44, was criticised by the Broadcasting standards commission for her program in which potential nova's where provoked in the hope of causing an eruption. Teragen spokesman Dr Liam Paisley has called for the immediate removal of Miss Feltz by her employers here at the BBCO. This is a view shared also by Project Utopia who said, in a prepared statement earlier today (cut to a spokesman framed by flashing cameras, outside T2M European HQ):

"We find ourselves grossly offended and deeply concerned over the actions of Miss Feltz and her team. Her actions, in the name of television ratings, could have been catastrophic for those potentials - and we believe that at least one of her guests were genuine - who had actually Erupted during the broadcast. This is nothing more than a sick attempt at sleazy journalism and media titillation. Project Utopia as a whole would like to express its extreme disappointment in the BBCO and are looking at the possibility of legal action."

A press conference has been prepared by the BBCO who have refused to comment so far, although the show's producer has already resigned. Insiders at the BBC), and the 'Vanessa' show have hinted that the future looks bleak for Ms Feltz. Media expert Dr Whitehouse had this to say top our reporter:

"I think, in this modern age, that this was inevitable. But I must say that Vanessa, whom I've known for twenty years, has behaved in a most crass and unprofessional fashion. If indeed the rumours are true, then her career is finished."

• 1 month later...

BBCO News at 6 "Good evening from the BBCO. In other Nova news today, The solicitors McKenzie-Brachman-Chaney came under fire again. The firm, already under fire for being the first British Nova-led legal firm, has outraged members of the pro-environmental group CHANCE - not to mention members of the anti-smoking lobby. The firm are being voraciously criticised for their decision to represent John 'Silk Cut' Higgins, already infamous himself for publicly endorsing the cigarette brand he takes his media name from. CHANCE have spoken out against Higgins ever since he began endorsing smoking, claiming that, while the habit may not have such a serious effect on Nova anatomy, there is still the issue of promoting a something as contentious as smoking. Higgins himself has famously rebuffed such claims with the response that 'cancer has been cured thanks to us, so what's your problem?'. The high court have agreed to uphold CHANCE's attempt to prosecute Higgins and Silk Cut as a test case. However many pro-Nova supporters believe this is to be fuel for groups such as Teragen. Prime Minister Prescott was unavailable for comment; currently in China.

And finally the sport..."

• 1 month later...

As you may have heard, Prince Harry Erupted this afternoon during a Polo match. The horse did not survive. Details are unconfirmed at the moment, and all video and camera footage was lost due to Quantum overload from the young royal. He is currently undergoing testing at an undisclosed facility in London. It is believed that this facility does not belong to Project Utopia. Already there has been a statement from the Reverend Dr Liam Paisley, spokesman for the Irish wing of the Church of the Imminent Eschaton, who is reported to believe that King Charles must now abdicate in favour if his younger son. This is the will of God Almighty." The palace has yet to issue a full statement.

Archived