A Change of Scenery

Timeslip

For anyone interested, Long and I are having a heck of a lot of fun with what is turning into sort of a mutual exposition-fest in the A Change of Scenery storyline. As I'm pretty new to this whole storytelling-online thing, any feedback you folks have would be appreciated....

• 2 weeks later...

We need to figure out how we're going to handle this wedding thing. Is it something where we're going to want to set a day so that everyone involved can post to it...'cause if so, it's time to start figuring out who is going to be there.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps a slight delay is in order? My schedule would give me little lead time, I would end up dropping in for the ceremony and not be involved for much else.... Not what I wanted to do.

We could say it happened on the 5th, but the RP would last a little longer than that.

that was my bad I was going to start things up at midnight but I had some problems. I then intended to start it up around 6 am when I got up. Work called and woke me up at 4 am though so I didn't get the chance to start anything. And yes I can definitely see the actualy RP taking a while..

Ok as far as I can see we are going to finish up the arrivals relatively quickly. The wedding is set for the fift, however giving us 2 days in the home. It's my idea that these will be skipped in favor of the ceremony beginning on the fifth, but should everyone agree I think there's some serious fun to be had with that many novas gathered in one place so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeslip:
OK, what I've done is excused Long and Timeslip from the main "Days in the Sun" thread. Guests can banter there until we can get back online (either tonight or tomorrow) and return from the ceremony itself.
Okay, so the ceremony is not witnessed? Okay... weren't we invited to do so?

It would be a better idea to fast-foreward to the reception. Where we can drop congrats there.

And sorry for my lack of posts as well. I got triple-whammied. A long weekend with friends combined with net troubles and a busy tuesday. >_<

Sorry about all the confusion. This thing got out of hand quickly.

A traditional Shinto wedding has two stages. The first is the ritual ceremony itself, which is open only to the bride & groom, the priest, and a representative of each family (usually an older family member). The second is basically a sort of reception, where all of the guests are involved. It's something that I should have made clear here from the get-go, and failed to do so...my apologies.

I've just posted to bring us all back in from the ceremony (only took three tries; the blasted board kept eating bits and chunks of my post).

OK, folks, how do we want to handle the presents thing? I've been a good girl and have avoided peeking in the presents thread in the OpNet section, so I'm pretty much going into this blind. Do the folks giving the presents want to handle describing them?

Gadgeteering, which I feel kind of dirty about using. /c:

But, when all is said and done, each stud basically grants one or two dots of Armor (defined as probability manipulation), and the Luck power with an average four success per use (maximum of five successes). Since neither of these have a variable number of uses per scene, nor a quantum cost, the user doesn't actually have to do anything.

Re: Ching of Tigger. Well by gods, it bloody well should be a book...so when are you going to get cracking on that? wink Seriously, I know and love Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet, and just about laughed my ass off when I saw the post.

Archived