DR: OOC

The Story Guide

So, I have a question for those interested in the game. I'm debating having this be an analogue to our Earth with different political figures and a slightly different world state - mostly to avoid acrimonious issues cropping up in regards to politics. Much as I think any of us might like to punch certain politicians or have our PCs make various situations around the globe "right", it leave actual people far too heated for something that's meant to be a fun game.

Am I overthinking this? Do people want to run as just our Earth and then diverge once game starts? Or go with the analogues and have creative freedom to make the game world a little different from the start?

Oh, also, I'm pretty sick right now. I'm working on things, but the brain is trying to boil itself. So, work is proceeding but if there's something you need/want to be able to submit a character background or whatever, say so here or poke me in Discord.

As far as I'm concerned, this is happy funtime gamespace, no matter how accurately it models our reality.

I'm not planning on playing someone psycho enough to punch political figures. Other forms of activism are possible, depending on character concept. :)

So I have no objection to basing it on reality. Could be entertaining, though I understand your concern. Especially in a relatively 'moderator free' zone.

Eh, y'all know me. It's all good. :)

I don't remember Evo off the top of my head, but Ein is a soldier type with Viking theme. Genesis is a super-science brainy type. 

One of my characters is going to be a reboot of Kyria, my first character on the site. She'll have been in a coma and wake with amnesia - making her a nova that doesn't remember being a baseline. I haven't gotten her statted out at all yet, nor decided if she'll still be a telepath. Kinda leaning 'no' right now.

I'm still debating the other two characters. I don't really have an interest in playing a Talent, they're just not my thing. And I'm getting to play a Psion in WS, so I'll probably end up with two or three novas. I'm absolutely down for making characters and character ties for people. 

I'm also totally up for designing NPCs for people as background ties and game hooks. Just hit me up here or in Discord if you'd like collaboration!

Oh! Feel free to also talk to me if you need/want something particular for your character that's not well covered or requires tweaks of the mechanics. For example: Kyria is going to have been in a coma right up until things go sideways. She's a Jane Doe, so Paths for her a weird. I'm making one "Amnesiac Coma Jane Doe" Path for her and giving her three dots in it instead of the (for the start of game) one dot in Origin, one dot in Role, and and one extra to go in either. 

Another example might be if your character really does have a Society Path you'd like to start with - say you want to have them work for a clandestine organization with aiming that they will evolve into our version of the Directive. Or part of a cult that will set the stage for the rise of a Teragen-esque group. I'm really very open and the Storypath system makes this kind of modular mucking about both easy and already internally well balanced. The only things truly completely off limits are anything that relies upon having a supernatural template. 

Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone it might help in character creation.

Archived