WS OOC

WS ST

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Psionic Potential

as you all know I had you list the psionic aptitudes on your submissions ... these are by no means final and the powers you will get but what they are is shall we say a road map. a couple of you have had things happen so far som eo fyou have not.

at this point we are moving toward the actual weirdness so with that in mind I would like to give you a little something to work with.

If you wish your character to manifest small unconscious bits of psionic things you may do so in your posts these should be small uncontrolled psionic burps using only the three aptitudes you selected. They should not have major effects should not even be readily noticeable unless some one is really paying attention and looking for things.

Examples could be Bannon getting angry and all the ice in everyone's drinks nearby melts or Lona's have the visions when she was super emotional, etc, or some of you who listed vitakinisis could have a minor healing occur.

These uses of power should not have any significant impact beyond being a weird occurrence. They should also not be a regular occurrence

Remember these are not conscious uses of power but purely subconscious.

Also using these powers no does not lock you into the psion class you may, until the general power up scene still be able to decide on Talent if you wish. nor does it necessarily lock you into these three aptitudes.

if anyone has questions feel free to PM me

Hey, guys, I have a friendly request. When you reference music in your post but don't list the song and instead just add a link to a word in the post, you're unintentionally doing a few irritating things:

1. You're making the reader stop their reading to click a link. You're already going through the trouble of linking the song, it would only be a few minutes more to type out the name of song. You could even put the title in a spoiler box if you really don't want to name the song in the IC dialogue. 
  2. You're negatively impacting up your own scene. The music is meant to help set the scene, but forcing the reader to chase down the song on YouTube disrupts the flow of the reading. They have to click, sometimes wait through ads, then restart their reading. If there are two songs, they have to stop the first or wait for it finish before starting the second.
  3. People with sound sensitivities don't want to get blasted with music just so that they have some insight into your character's tastes.
  4. People read on phones in public places without headphones. They can't always listen to a song.

This isn't aimed at any one person, I've just seen it several times now and I wanted to ask that people think about this when they're posting. As a note, I don't follow those links because of the reasons above, so if you want to share your PC's music with me, this is not the vehicle to use.

Thanks for reading!

While i understand how some may find it inconvenient the way some people link music or pics in their posts, it is up them how they do such links.

everyone has certain ways of doing certain things and unless what someone is posting is disruptive I don't see a problem with it. Whats irritating to some might not even be noticed by others.

Personally, I would have the name of the song be part of the narrative but that is just me. But other people write differently than me

In the cases where it is a link with other narrative text I generally just check out the link after i have read the post.

like i said everyone has their own way of doing things and while in  some projects and other things such as character sheets I may ask or direct even that you follow certain templates, to it is a foregone conclusion that we are never going to do so in our game posts. I just don't ever see that happening

I just ask that video's and songs not be embedded in any posts, as that takes up storage on the server that Matt has to pay for.

10 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Says the player who linked 10 songs in a single post...

Yes, I linked the titles as the hyperlinks instead of saying, "Lona sang a song about being happy about hearing from someone" and turning that into the link. I made the title of the song, Joy, the link. Someone could read my post and never bother with going to YouTube, and still know what songs I was referencing. My issue isn't with the linking itself but how it was done. 

They could, but you're not taking into consideration that other people may have known one, or any of those songs.  I didn't know half the ones you linked.  So I stopped reading, clicked the link, and listened to the songs... accomplishing the very thing you're saying your method prevents despite having the song title and all that.

People with sound sensitivities shouldn't click on links.  What results from clicking the link is their problem.  No one forced them to click it.  You're rolling the dice, learn coping skills.  It's 2019... who doesn't know this by now?

If you're in public and you click the link, again, that's your problem.  You knew the risks.  Accept culpability for your own actions.  It's not the writer's fault PhoneGuyLOL69 decided to read posts and click links while he was in a board meeting.  Listen when you get home, it's really that simple.  If you can't listen when you get home, consider picking up a book on time management the next time you're out in public... clicking links.  If they have to listen to it right then and right there and can not wait, they have impulse control issues way beyond what links they click.

1 hour ago, Dawn OOC said:

Yes, I linked the titles as the hyperlinks instead of saying, "Lona sang a song about being happy about hearing from someone" and turning that into the link. I made the title of the song, Joy, the link. Someone could read my post and never bother with going to YouTube, and still know what songs I was referencing. My issue isn't with the linking itself but how it was done. 

The reader only knows what songs you are referencing if they know the actual song. "Hey Brother" and "Hurt" where the only two of the songs you listed that I even knew, so listing the names did nothing for my understanding. If somebody puts in a link, I click on it, let it load and then go back to reading, like I did ten times in your post for Avalon's performance. 

The songs I link are generally what is being listened to on the stereo, not some crucial theme to the scene or anything. If people do not want to click on them, then don't. And again, listing the name of the song in the post does not help if the reader does not know the song.

Session II has ended.

I will do Xp and some other things. In the meantime The Interim Home Alone thread is a place to post in character about what has so far happened All of you will be getting some individual information and instructions tonight. Session II will begin no later than Friday probably sooner. I will also be making further post here in OOc to discuss some of the rules and game mechanics we have not really needed yet but which will be coming into play soon

• 2 weeks later...

Bannon - Weird History research -  Resolve + Humanities  -  4 mile stones of 3 hours each (does not have to be consecutive time) the difficulty for each milestone is 1.

Sean - Aircraft search -  2 mile stones difficulty 2  Int + Enigma for the first mile stone 4 hours - 1 hour per extra sux, resolve + humanities for the second 4 hours -1 per extra success

Spoiler

GD BannonToday at 2:40 AM

!6d10

DiceParserBOTToday at 2:40 AM

# 23 Details:[6d10 (2 9 2 1 7 2)]

GD BannonToday at 2:41 AM

2 sux incl. Enhancement. First roll takes 2 hrs instead of 3.

!6d10

DiceParserBOTToday at 2:41 AM

# 40 Details:[6d10 (3 10 8 5 4 10)]

GD BannonToday at 2:41 AM

!2d10

DiceParserBOTToday at 2:41 AM

# 11 Details:[2d10 (6 5)]

GD BannonToday at 2:42 AM

4 sux incl Enhancement. 2nd roll takes less than an hr / zero (?)(edited)

!6d10

DiceParserBOTToday at 2:42 AM

# 35 Details:[6d10 (8 8 3 6 8 2)]

GD BannonToday at 2:43 AM

Same again: 4 sux. Time reduced to 0

!6d10

DiceParserBOTToday at 2:44 AM

# 35 Details:[6d10 (4 9 5 5 7 5)]

GD BannonToday at 2:44 AM

2 sux. 2 hrs for the last Milestone. Total time taken 4 hours

Net result:  target reached in four hours.

So, I'm getting settled and I'm now way off on time zones, meaning that when I have time, a lot of you may be sleeping.  I still want to participate as best I can when I'm able, meanign that I will not be popping into Discord to see who's next a lot of times.  I'm just going to use what time I have and keep the story moving.  I know for some of you that is the end of the world and it's going to completely wreck any and all interactions for you... but hey, Semper Gumby.

I'll post when I can.

clara and Lilly are helping Lona to the nurses office or were the nurse stopped you before you left the cafeteris sinc eyou had to walk by them. She said it to all three of you but since Lona is the one who looks sick you she is pulling the chair out fro her

chat and keeping up is important. The only chat we have now is discord. everyone needs to use discord or you will miss things.

Doesn't mean you have to be in discord 24/7 just means that before you make a post check in discord to make sure you are not cutting someone who has been working a post or missing instructions i may have given.

i'm a busy person as are a lot of us. I will leave notes in discord, messages to players, and instructions for posts. I can't give everyone personal instruction for every post. I am often on my phone and cannot use the rpg post site for using this thread or pms. there is almost always someone in discord who knows what is going on. Talk to them.

Don't post blindly.  read the posts that have come before the one you are making. make sure no one else is posting and get in the que.

this game is moving fast it has a good momentum which is necessary to keep a game going. I don't want to hurt that momentum but several of us are around more than others and can post more frequently. we have to be careful of posting to much without giving all of the players a chance to post. it is too easy to out pace those who cannot post on demand.

It is very discouraging for a player who has to work and cannot access a computer during that time to come home to multiple posts and the game having moved so far that she has little hope of really contributing.

so be thoughtful of the whole group when posting, use discord to check up on where things stand. and read all the posts.

thank you

starting tomorrow through the end of next week I will have limited activity. I will try to be available in the  early mornings and after 8pm pacific. but will make no promises I will try to make posts during the nights. if there are things i need to address for you leave me a PM on the rpg post site

On the subject of the new Project, and Interim fics:

On the night of the big game, Jase will be attending the game with the Cassidys.  He's there to support Lilly and Laurie, who he considers to be friends, and to eat junk food, because, well, Jason.  I'll be writing a vignette of a slice of his evening there, but he will be mobile around the stands and nearby during the game.  Either getting snacks or else just wandering, so people can see him / bump into him anywhere there.  Before the game he will be at home getting cleaned up and ordering pizza!  After the game, I'm not sure.  If there's an after-game get-together, Jase will show up if he's invited.

Interims

Jason is naturally available for whatever hijinks his friends can persuade him to do.  He is interested in "Learning to People" as well as organising powers training and practice sessions, but honestly I'm open to whatever my co-writers want to write.  Funny, dramatic, weird or just chilled.

For the vignette, I'll probably do a Clara/Etienne scene. Clara's not going to go to the game - too loud, too many people - after all that just happened. If others want Clara to pop up or have a better idea for a not-at-the-game scene with her, please let me know!

Interims
I'm up for just about anything, including writing for Etienne for people that want to track him down and do whatever. Clara's not been really social with the group as a whole, but she'll be putting more effort into that after Rainbow Connection. When is the next D&D game night? Clara might very well ask if she can at least hang out while you all play.

Cassandra will be at the game, making she can quote the highlights in an article for the paper. Maybe grab some shots/soundbites from players. She's not super into it, but is paying enough attention to take notes if anything interesting happens.

For interims, Cassandra is quite available. She'd really like to spend time with others in the Fellowship, since they seem to be at the epicenter of something really extraordinary and she is still at the fringes of the social circle.

Game Time:

Autumn isn't going, although she may have the live stream on in the background while she does other things- throw up, order delivery, shower six times, do laundry, have a nervous breakdown, eat dinner with her mom, cry some more.. You know, your usual teen stuff.

Interims:

In the interest of tentatively giving her a chance to prove her intentions, I think it would be fun for Autumn to grudgingly let Marissa give her a makeover- nothing drastic, but at least enough to get her to shut up about the damned split ends.

She's spent a little time with some of the Fellowship here and there prior to game start, but she doesn't have any really close relationships with them and she's skittish of more crazy happening. I'd be open to smaller group interactions with her, ideally with the OOC goal of bringing her a little closer to a couple of the teens; her integration is likely to be a gradual one, even if her "initiation" was definitely not. ;) Outdoor stuff is always an option for her, perhaps an overnight camping trip (although that may not be a comfortable notion for many of them), canoeing, that sort of thing over the weekend. Physical activity is an easy "yes" for her. Homework/study session is also a possibility, though she is super likely to get distracted.

Game Time

Sean is going to the game with his parents to support his sister, and during the game, will have lost a wager or bet to Laurie, which will result in some embarrassment for him, but Sean agreed in an effort to encourage his sister. He'll likely be going to Bunnee's at least for a post game meal.

Interims

Main thing is Sean will be going to Helena, MT, along with Sara and Autumn, for a government auction, in which he'll be purchasing a car, so for most Interims happening on Friday and the Weekend, he won't be available, unless it's after the Game or at least afternoon on Sunday. He might be able to remote in using his powers and technology, to maybe make a cameo appearance for certain things.

Marking my dance card for Interim fics:  (Note - not every slot has to be filled up.  This is just to help me keep straight the times and places of fics and hopefully help others when it comes to the collaborative pieces)

Game, Friday - Vignette at the game, solo with mentions of others.

Post-game celebrations:  We could all pitch in there - milkshakes and burgers at Bunnee's, etc?  Nothing big and dramatic, just hanging out.
Late Friday Night: free

Early-Mid Saturday Morning: free
Late Saturday Morning:  'Clara's Unusual Request' - Totally filthy and shocking.  You will be scandalised.  Poor Jason.
Saturday Afternoon:  'Coke, Conspiracy & Crazy'.  Meeting at Bannon's barn - setting up the string board, chilling out, bonding.  So far including Cassie, Cora, Lilly, Lona and Clara.  Anyone and everyone is allowed.  Except Eddy.  Cos seriously, screw Eddy.
Saturday Evening:  'Netflix & Chill - No, Seriously' - Hanging out and chilling with Lona.

Sunday Morning:  Jase will be hanging out with Hank for some requested tuition, may be confiding in his friend - unsure whether this will be a fic or not.
Sunday Afternoon:  'Why Confine The Danger To A Room?'  - Powers practice, anyone?   So far Lona, Clara, Charlie, Cora and Lilly are signed up.  Sean might be able to make it.
Sunday Evening:  'Scant Comfort' - Lilly is having a crisis due to finding out she's some kind of experimental ubermensch, which means her own sense of fair play won't let her pursue her dreams of professional and Olympic-level athletics.  After the power practice, she'll be hanging out to discuss it with whomever can grant a sympathetic ear... and Jase too, unfortunately.  So far, Jason and Lilly are signed up.

Will make edits as needed. :)

If anyone wants to have Sara involved feel free to let me know.

She won't be at the game but probably could be found at the gym until it closes then at bunee's and the bowling ally across the street from bunnee's.

If you want her in any of your fics I should be able to post but it would be later during the nights than we are used to. I won't be posting at all during our normal hours

Lilly will, obviously, playing in the game, but her head will not be in the game right away.

Sunday morning is Lilly's the self defense class for those interested. Last I remember Cass was down and I think Clara, Lona, Sean, though other events may change that, at least for this weekend. It is open to everybody.

Game, Friday - Vignette before and during the at the game, solo with mentions of others.
Post-game celebrations:  Shakes and burgers at Bunnee's or whatever. 
Late Friday Night: free

Early-Mid Saturday Morning: free
Late Saturday Morning:  free
Saturday Afternoon:  Meeting at Bannon's barn - setting up the string board, chilling out, bonding.
Saturday Evening:  free

Sunday Morning:  Lilly's the self defense class for those interested. Currently confirmed: Lona, Charlie. Open to everybody
Last I remember Cass was down and I think Clara, and Sean, though other events may change that, at least for this weekend. 
Sunday Afternoon:  Powers practice maybe? Lilly does not have powers per se, and her stuff does not work the way the others mostly do, but she is well aware that she has abilities beyond the norm and will seek to understand them.
Sunday Evening:  Super Depressed Lilly Time! Not sure where. Could work after the powers practice though at the farm

• Nina pinned this topic

Archived