A couple questions regarding Player's guide

Cat Lord

1) how many levels of strength raise power level? (Like an extra...)

2) when removing aspects from mastery, does it grant a level of weakness for each level of each aspect, or only one for each aspect? (For example, would mastery 2 without scope&duration provide 2 or 4 levels of weakness?)

And 2 questions with non-definite answer for my upcoming high-quantom champaign...

How would you describe someone with 10 mega-appearance/ugliness?(both male and female)

Would you let someone with 10th level luck [mastery 3] compete against mega-attribute? (No chance I'm going to let any player have this, but the idea is amusing)

(Sorry for the bad english, Its not my native language)

1. Strengths don't raise power levels.  Weaknesses can lower a power level, but the rules don't cover raising.  However, since three levels of weaknesses lower a power by one level, the you could rule the three strengths increase it.  That's up to you.

2. You don't remove aspects from Mastery.  If you do, then you haven't really mastered it.  However if it's thematically appropriate, then I suppose you could remove facets of Mastery to customize the power more.  That's a choice and you shouldn't be awarded any weakness points for that.

3. I wouldn't describe them.  They are at a level of beauty/hideousness that our minds don't have words for.

4. The answer for Luck 10 Mastery 3 is completely situational.  I might, I might not.  Depends on the scenario.

20 hours ago, Dave ST said:

2. You don't remove aspects from Mastery.  If you do, then you haven't really mastered it.  However if it's thematically appropriate, then I suppose you could remove facets of Mastery to customize the power more.  That's a choice and you shouldn't be awarded any weakness points for that.

3. I wouldn't describe them.  They are at a level of beauty/hideousness that our minds don't have words for.

to quote the player's guide "You can choose not to apply one or more of the boosts provided in the mastery bundle - for instance, boosting each aspect of the power except scope. Each boost you forgoe counts as one level of weakness." the question was if forgoing several levels of the same boost provide several levels of weakness.

And I think "too beautiful for you to comperhend" is a disappointing description to give to players, though I would agree that descriptions need to be vague and probably physics-defying

When you describe something or someone whose attraction goes beyond mortal description, you can combine uncomfortable concepts and add adjectives where they do not belong, for example.

Consider this: "Skirting the edges between human and classic work of art, this person's appearance both recalls and redefines the old masters' paintings and statuary. Free of blemishes, injury or any sign of having been alive at any point, this person is painfully symmetrical. Like butterflies in your stomach, or at the edge of your mind, you are assaulted by conflicting emotions between lust, hatred and greed. This person's every move causes the world to slow down ever so slightly, as if it sat up and took notice. When this person speaks, the words seem to flow out of reality itself, like an addictive honey. Horrible thoughts spark deep in your gut, as if this person's injury or death would bring forward terrible retribution from the fabric of existence that they move in."

Or this: "This person's face is like a blur, a veil drawn across something that is a gash in existence. Seeing it would mean instant death, a heart stopped by just being a witness to a secret no one was meant to know. Even looking from the corner of your eye, little remains in your memory save a hint of something crustacean, ophidean and simian, all at once. Organs functioning like eyes, ears and mouth should be placed upon this molten canvas, and yet whatever holds their place is unlikely to also hold their familiar function. When it opens its mouth to speak, your heart skips a beat, as if steeling yourself against a fear most primordeal."

Describing impossibly ugly or beautiful becomes close to absurdist comedy, at some point.

Archived