ABERRANT WEIRDER STUFF: QUANTUM BOOGALOO

Jeane

Time: Five Weeks after the Bear Battle of Canada

Participants: Jeane and Charlie

There was a knock on the door of Charlie's quarters, the confident knock of someone who expects to be answered. Jeane 'Traceuse' Hebert stood outside the door, dressed for a day at the beach. Shorts. Sandals. Shirt. Shades. Blonde hair in a ponytail. Bag full of random sundries with a rolled towel sticking out of the top on one shoulder.

"Hey, Charlie," she called through the door in a tone that could make you feel the grin, "I know you're in there. Want to visit Rio with me? James had to bail on me, and I checked if you had anything official to do today with Ms. Rowland. She says you don't, and *I* don't want to go be a gringo alone when I could make a day of it with someone. My treat."

The door opened, and Charlie poked his head out, listening to Jeane. "Gimme a minute." The door slammed shut again. Shortly thereafter, Charlie 'Proteus' Cole emerged with similar beach-appropriate dress. "Sure, Rio it is." A little linguistic matter occurred to him. "You know, I don't actually speak Portuguese. Do you, or are we going to try and make do without?"

Jeane fished a Portuguese phrasebook out of her bag and smirked down at Charlie happily, "I picked up a half-dozen of these when I visited New York. Haven't actually used this one yet, so my accent is going to be awful. James said he'd wait for me in the lobby to gate us there, but I don't want to abuse his good nature and eat into his family time too much. Depend on him too much as is to get anywhere the first time."

She started walking down the hallway as she talked, smirk softening to a smile, blue eyes dancing with gratitude, "Thanks for saying yes, Charlie. I appreciate it."

Archived