ABBERANT WEIRDER STUFF: ZERO POINT ENERGY

Jeane

Spoiler

Okay, maybe we can get a general thread going on here for the fun of writing and stuff. Feel free to post in a way that ignores my plothook, much as I hope one person will for the sake of good old fashioned back and forth. :D

Time: 3 Weeks after the Quantum Battle of Canada

Place: A Basement Storeroom in Irregular Solutions HQ

Jeane was practicing with her powers alone. Pull out a sword. Pull out a mace. Pull out a dagger. Try again to pull out a matching dagger only to have the first once vanish. Look at her scribbled notes and dig through her arsenal to pull out a 'meteor hammer'. Stop and let her node recover from the warning throb of quantum depletion, using the time to learn her resized body's new balances with agonizingly-slow, basic parkour moves. Get back to it when she felt 'full' again. Pull out a hammer. Pull out a rock.

There were a lot of rocks in her armory, some sharpened to an edge with sticks and leather grips, others just... rocks. Said something about where her node was getting ideas.

Still, a feeling niggled at her that she could do more than pull, and Jeane giggled to herself and waved at one of the cameras she had set up in the corner of the room to record her sessions for latter critique, “Okay. If this gets me killed or maimed beyond what I can heal, guys, sorry for the mess. You're the best. Pushing it in attempt number one, go!”

Her weapons made her palms itch when not in use. Her speed sang up and down her spine like a leashed hound. The healing power that was not-so-slowing eating her collection of scars flowed around any injuries like water to a low spot. This, trying to shove her arm into the mental box where her armory waited, was different in a way she couldn't really explain, cold fire, dry water, jello that reformed every time she stopped pushing. Still, there WAS progress somehow without her moving at all or anything happening and it didn't feel bad like the times she tried 'maxing' under supervision...

Okay,” the blonde Key commented to the camera with a grin, “Me looking stupid take two. Serious edition.”

Jeane threw her whole mental weight behind the push, and the jello gave way. Her whoop of joy was abruptly eclipsed by the realization that she couldn't feel her arms. Or legs. Or anything about her body at all. There was no sound, and she could see everything around 'her', whatever state she was in at the moment. Jeane tried to run, but nothing happened. She tried to scream, but even if that did anything, she was deaf. It wasn't hot or cold or windy... Just nothing. The walls, celling, and floor seemed to be made out of fog, offering glimpses of the spaces beyond. No one else though, nor anything moving aside from the translucent scenery around her.

She tried again, but stillness, silence, numbness, and the swirling fog was the only result. She was stuck.

There was a lot of wild mental flailing, cursing, and praying for someone, anyone to help her after that.

One those struggles accidentally 'caught' on something, a feeling, a pressure that had her full attention. It felt like... a hilt, embedded in something firm yet tearable. Jeane 'gripped' it with both 'hands', panic still ruling her mind. Something real. Something tangible in this purgatory. She did what came naturally since her Unlocking and tore down. The jello feeling happened again, and Jeane found herself falling forward onto the floor, shaking. Her heart thundered in her ears, a sound she was all too glad to hear. Concrete below her. Air vents grinding. Light bulbs flickering and whining. Tears flowing down her cheeks as she hugged herself to make sure she was still there from heartbeat to heartbeat. It was okay. It was okay. SHE was okay...

It took her a few minutes to recover enough to stagger over to the nearest camera on it's tripod. She stopped the recording, rewound it, and choked in surprise as she had to fast forward in order to catch herself start saying 'Okay, if this gets...'. She watched herself vanish with a crackle of red lightning and reappear with a second burst not two seconds later ten feet away from her starting point before dropping into the fetal position.

A backdrop of her own crying going unnoticed, she pulled out her Irregulars com unit “...Can I get anyone to join me in storage room A6? Please?”

Of all the Irregulars to answer, it was Kia's cheerful voice that came crackling on.

"Jeane, is everything okay? I'm on my way down!"

As she waited to hear back from the newest Irregular, Kia popped out of her sparsely-decorated room there...she still had most of her stuff back in Montana...and went to the staircase that spiraled up from the ground floor up all the way to the residential apartments at the top floors. There was an elevator to get down quickly, but for something like this, it was probably worth taking the express route.

"Look out below!" she called down, and then simply vaulted over the railing and plummeted all the way down. Fortunately she was no more massive than usual, so the stonework at the bottom was unharmed. Kia herself was made of tough stuff, even in her human form, and survived with just a little discomfort from the force of the impact conducting through her body. It didn't hurt that she knew how to take a fall too.

Of course, in hindsight she realized she had to take the elevator down to the storage levels anyway...so what was even the point of that? Oh well, it was fun!

Communicator in hand, she went to the nearest elevator and thumbed down.

She wasn't sure what was going on, but was it weird she was kind of happy that her help might be needed?

"Yeah. I'm fine... Now, anyway. It'll be easier to show you what happened than to explain it," Jeane replied over the com, pausing the video recording, "I was there, I think, and I'm not sure what happened exactly... See ya soon."

She stretched in place and waited for Kia's arrival, breathing deeply to center herself. Tried and true cooldown routine that reminded her of when things were simpler, not simple or happier, oh hell no, but cool as everything was right now that had been scary as all...  The ka-click of the door had her turning around in time to face the older Key, clad in black yoga pants and a bright red t-shirt emblazoned  with the cheesy slogan 'Shelly: Home of the Irregulars!', hair hanging loose around her face.

"Kia! Hey. So yeah... Just watch this please," the much-taller girl asked with a hesitant smile, gesturing at the camera she had cued up, "Just ignore the honestly stupid I've-studied-instead-of-slept-the-last-four-days word vomit and stop after I end up on the floor crying. It was... much worse from my point of view, but questions after video, please?"

• Nina pinned this topic

A little confused, but as affable as ever, Kia agreed to watch the footage. She emitted a little gasp when Jeane vanished, and then a pained 'ohhh,' when she reappeared and curled up on the floor.

"That looked awful," Kia said when it was over, looking up at Jeane with sympathy tearing up her eyes. "I mean, it's amazing and you kind of even teleported but it looked like it really hurt. Are you sure you're okay?"

Jeane looked up and away, cheeks coloring in embarrassment at the naked sympathy, "...I'm in one piece after doing something strange, so yeah. Maybe? It felt like it was forever and scary and numb and... But I got back. That counts as okay, right?"

She didn't sound like she was even convincing herself with that line of persuasion, looking back at Kia with fear dancing in her eyes and rubbing her left forearm with her right hand, "I didn't have a body. Deaf. Dumb. Couldn't move. Couldn't even close my eyes to not see it... Everything was like that Silent Hill movie but emptier. If I hadn't found the exit..."

She shuddered a little, forcing the ghost of a smile on her lips, "Sometimes I think my node doesn't like me, Kia." 

"Awww!" Ever ready with the hug, Kia rushed in and went for it; grabbing Jeane around the waist and giving her a big squeeze.

"Your node is just a part of your body. It's like growing up is all. Sometimes things just...take time. To develop. And..." She burst into laughter. "Oh god, I'm giving you The Talk. That was not where I meant it to go. I just mean your powers will grow and probably keep surprising you."

She let go of Jeane and shrugged.

"We're all here to help though. We won't have been through exactly the same thing, but we've all had moments kind of like that. Where we just...had no idea what we were doing or if it was okay."

Abel didn't answer over the com system immediately, finishing the final calculations for a new device he was looking to move into the prototype stage today , but did so in an even more direct sense once he finished.   Opening the part of guildchat that served as his link to Jeane, he spoke directly into her mind, his voice the same calm and soothing it had been save in combat.  <Jeane are you alright?>

For most it would seem odd that someone speaking into the mind of another would ask such a thing, but he didn't go delving into the memories of his friends unless asked to do so.  <Do you need me to come down?>

Kia was *this close* to getting a 'shut up' and a playful punch to the shoulder for her sheer Kia-ness, but Jeane restrained herself to an exasperated eyeroll. Between her size, her powers, and her not representing just herself these days, she had to be more careful, more filtered. Much as it sucked. Abel's mental query derailed her reply to Kia, a more honest smile blooming on her lips.

"Long as my powers keep the literally growing part down to a minimum from here on out, I'll be glad," she replied to Kia, concentrating on getting her message across Guildchat to Kia and Abel with less feedback this time.

'Better now. But... MayBe? Kia says it looks likE I telepoRteD a little. Scary as shit from my end. Might tRy it again if I can avOId getting stuck.' 

<I see.  I should come down then.   If anything I can watch what happens for you using my abilities and then show you what I see when you try it again.>  With that he left his desk after securing his computer and made his way down to where Jeane and Kia were.   Another teleporter was a huge deal, given that they now knew how useful the ability was in dealing with their coming foes.  

He reached the Basement level and the room where they were and entered, Activating a veritable suite of sensory abilities as he did so.  He smiled at Kia there with Jeane.   She looked even smaller compared to Jeane, who was half a foot taller than Abel, though he didn't comment on it, knowing her size as well as form was fluid really.   "Hey Kia, how are you today?"  After the greeting he turned a questioning gaze to Jeane for a moment   'So how far did you teleport when you first did it?"

"It's recorded here," Kia says, indicating the same recording that Jeane had showed her.

"Looks like just a little ways. And it wasn't instant. There was some time between when she disappeared and when she reappeared."

She gave Jeane a concerned look. "I dunno if she should try it again until we know more about what's happening to her though. It seemed really bad."

"Ten feet and four inches," corrected the tall blonde with the long practice of someone who needed to be aware of such differences to avoid hurting themselves, voice subdued as she watched Abel peruse the recording, rubbing her right arm again nervously.

"It'll be... better... now that I know what I'm getting into, that I can come back. Willing to try again here and now where it's safe than let this hang over my head and let a piece of my brain scare me from trying new things," Jeane volunteered, "Besides, you guys will be right here when I get back, right? I'm not super smart, but even I know teleporting in any form is important. In a long term save the world way if Apollo wasn't lying to us again."

Her lips danced the line between smile and frown, really not wanting to go back but not willing to run away from the jump she was facing. 

"you don't have to do this if you don't wish to, but if you do, then I will show you how I see what you do."   The difference would of course be vast, but this had to be here decision.  He was proud of her for recognizing that they couldn't be afraid of their abilities, They had to master them, all of them.

He moved to stand by Kia to give Jeane plenty of room, keenly aware of everything in the room now, watching, ready to see the nature of Jeane's new power.

Jeane nodded after a long pause to consider, took a deep breath, and pushed in with her quantum. Lightning exploded twice in the half-empty training room, separated by one or two seconds, the blonde key disappearing from one spot on the floor and reappearing in another 12 feet away. She immediately dropped from her standing pose to a slightly hunched posture, hands rubbing her knees as if making sure they were there, breathing heavy. Anyone with normal or only slightly more than normal vision would make out no more than that.

Abel's parahuman senses picked out a few more things. The first crimson lightning stroke masked the nigh-instance crumble of Jeane's body and clothing into thousands of sublimating fragments that were siphoned into a point somewhere in her torso and vanished, shards of dry ice  in a vacuum cleaner. The second played this in reverse, a serpent pupil's crack an inch or so long appearing in thin air and bursting into the return stroke of sparks, some of them consolidating back into fragments of Jeane that were flawlessly reassembled back into the young Key before them. All in less than a few seconds.

A few deep breaths deep later, Jeane looked at them again, hunched over and smiling thinly, "Just a little bit... Less... Terrible this time. Still need a second, guys."

Abel shook his head.  "Much as I know the intent, Kia I don't think she can bring you with her,  nor do I think she should.   Having watched her use the power, I can say that it's nothing like the other forms of teleportation we've seen before.   There's something darker, at work here, At least with how I'm interpreting the information I got."   he sent the way he saw her use of the power, and walked them through it.   "Here, she's literally discorporating herself,  opening a tiny pinhole in spacetime, and sending herself through it, Reincorporating her body at another location on the other side.   Given how your powers work, It might be Very unwise to have her teleport you.   I'd like to see her use it some more, get  handle on taking herself, so it doesn't take a toll on her, before we even think about seeing if she can transport others using the ability."

His Steely gaze shifted to Jeane, giving her a moment to process seeing her powers from the outside, hearing his analysis.   "You know, aside from the  dual  lack of a sound and a terrible odor,  If I didn't no better, I'd say your Teleportation ability was akin to Nightcrawler's, in that he actually traveled through another dimension when he teleported."

Jeane's grip on Kia's shoulder got very tight in the middle of Abel's explanation, expression cycling through several degrees of horror and fear before she recovered enough to let go and stand on her own. She was going to be seeing her body crumble into glowing dust in her nightmares for a while. Another reason to avoid sleeping...

"One, I don't know who nightcrawler is, unless you're talking about fishing. Which you aren't," she started, tone dry as she could manage, "Two, maybe Kia isn't talking about me literally taking someone with me. I can only protect so much stuff with my quantum, and a person is waaaay more than my limit. Let's hear her out, okay?"

She sounded better, by the end of her rant, closer to her normal confidence, enough to add with a little pride, "Three, I think I can go a lot further than in here. My... um, grip. Yes, grip on the hilts that bring me back is much shakier when I try touching them through the walls, but they're still there far out as I've tried going while in there. Reached as far as the HQ fence line last time before getting scared and choosing this spot." 

He nodded.  "I see.  Well you do sort of collect them, don't you?"   His voice was light and almost teasing.  "Why don't you explain to Jeane how that works then.   It seems my description unsettled her abit."   

He looked to Jeane, and smiled.  "I'm sure you can teleport much further, I mean  you're stronger than James, and already he's got near global capability with his gates, but his ability is very different from yours, creating a stable portal through space time connecting two points."

Kia turned back to face Jeane, grinning excitedly.

"So, one of the things I can do is sort of sense other people's powers when I touch them, and learn how to copy those powers myself. It doesn't affect you at all. Lilly and me do it all the time, so I can do that thing where she makes a whole bunch of herself? I've also copied Abel's powers once or twice."

"I was thinking maybe if we both use your power, we'll both sort of...be in the same place. We can help each other out."

Jeane looked down at herself, gaze abstracted, "...Global, huh? That'd be cool. Save James from having to gate my butt around whenever I get bored of backwoods and small towns..."

She started a little when she realized she had spoken aloud, flashing a guilty grin at Kia and Abel, "Sorry. My inner thoughts leaked a little there. Yeah, sure. That's a really cool power, Kia. All the powers, in fact, unless you don't get to keep them and need to keep getting new 'samples'..?"

She laughed and shifted her gaze back down to Kia as she extended one hand, "But whatever. You do your old trick, and then we'll both do my new trick, and then we'll see where we land from this jump."  

"Sounds good!"

Kia reached out and took hold of Jeane's arm for a moment. There was perhaps a slight tingle, though it was hard for Jeane to tell if it was a real feeling or just something she felt because she was expecting to feel something. For a moment the former cheerleader looked distracted, her gaze dropping to the floor as she mulled over what her powers were feeding her.

Then she nodded and let go of Jeane.

"Okay."

And then she was gone. Exactly the same way Jeane had vanished before.

Kia found herself in a strange, gloomy version of the lab room, painted in shades of grey and black like a watercolor, only in 3D. It was empty though, save for one thing. Jeane was standing there, though she was flickering and seemed immaterial. She was in the same spot she'd been, in the real world. Of Abel there was no sign.

Hands held out, she moved across the lab, trying to see every which way at once. It was cool here, and absolutely still...even the slight air movements from the ventilation systems were absent here.

Something felt off though. It took Kia a moment to realize what. She looked around towards the camera. Or rather, the shadowy ghost image of the camera.

It was off. Or at least, there was no red light on it. But...there was definitely a feeling. The same kind of feeling she got when a camera was in the room. Being recorded. Being watched.

"Hello?" she called, but even her voice was flat here, not echoing in any way. Was she even hearing herself, or was her voice only carrying through her own skull?

There was a noticeable pause after Kia vanished...then she reappeared with a whoosh, and a gasp of indrawn breath. Kia's eyes were a little wide, but she otherwise seemed okay.

"Wow."

The sharper than human hearing of the two Irregulars picked up a crackle of sparks and Jeane's excited whoop from the hallway outside the storeroom. The tall blonde herself opened the door and strode back in with a big grin on her face. "Okay. That was crazy. You *were* in there, Kia, except all ghosty and flickering, and then a puncture opened up and sucked you in like whoosh and I decided to be brave and grip a hilt outside the room and it worked! No being embedded in a wall or fused with a fly or anything," she recounted with much expressive hand waving, "Still spooky as shit though."

She calmed down enough to focus on Kia, "You feeling okay after seeing that? You weren't in there nearly as long as I was, but still..." 

Abel had watched them both teleport, with the same effects as before, and quickly his expanded mind put together a hypothesis over the nature of what was going on.   "I think i have a working theory, at the very least."

He moved to the wall creating a dry erase board and some markers, and within a minute had actually drawn out a rudimentary diagram of what he thought was occurring, as simply as he could.   "Jeane, your power is tapping into a parallel world, never actually directly touching our world, but riddled with weakspots where you can appear and disappear at will through.   It's remarkable really, a whole new form of teleportation.   Tell me, are you actually moving as you teleport, in your minds at least?   A further request if you will, Would you allow me to ride along in your minds when you try again?  This ties into training I want to do myself, in strengthening guild chat.   I want to see if I can maintain the link even as you teleport."   

He hadn't thought of it at first, for which he was kicking himself, but it was a good thing to test.   All the other forms were instant, and thus no telepathic lag, if this actually had it, then they'd need to account for it in the field.

Abel nodded once.  "It can't be any weirder than the inside of an Asheen General."   he left off that he'd already been inside Kia's head, deeper probably than Kia herself had ever actually gone, so it wasn't likely to weird him out more than that.

With her permission she felt a little twinge and Abel actually sat down, so that if anything took him by surprise, he wouldn't embarrass himself. He was in her head, riding her senses, and ready for them to try this, The mental connection strong.  "let's give it a go."

"If you want to see it from my head, you can try me, too. Maybe it would be easier from one set of eyes at a time first," Jeane offered almost eagerly. This was getting interesting. If she had discovered this power before, when she was on her own in that park for training, it would have been weeks to months before she dared try again, but here she was, daring to go in  again for a fourth time. Oh the joy of having a crew, even if the course wasn't quite as straight forward as a few choice blocks downtown...

"I'm in," came Abel's smooth tone, interrupting the tall girl's thoughts. She didn't feel anything, but that meant almost nothing. So she nodded and went in a burst of lightning.

*Jeane's POV*

'Hello? Can you hear me? Still silent and empty and spooky in here,' Jeane tried to send to her 'passenger', struggling to not let the numb desolation of the place get to her as she waited for a reply. Her mental fingers itched to reach out for a hilt and get out of here, get to where she could breath and blink and run.

Two minutes of nothing ensued. She would have twitched and sweated if she had something to twitch and sweat with in that foggy, lifeless world.

'Abel? I'm coming out now. I guess you can't talk in here,' she spoke into the link again, reaching for a hilt in the room to return to reality as she had known it for the rest of her 16 years and some months of life...

*Abel's POV*

In the space between heartbeats that was Abel's hyperaware senses, Jeane shattered into glowing dust and vanished amid a stroke of crimson lightning. As one second ticked into the next a psychic modem began to whine in his mind's ear, a hyper compressed stream of sensory information spiking twice even as he started to slow the input down enough to actually make sense of it...

Spoiler

Time is much, much much faster in the spooky world, but stand by for a Nina interrupt...

The un-air flickers  again. The taste of copper and salt filled it's sense.

Not alone.

The Un-air flickers.

Invasion.

Defend.

Jeane reached for a hilt and something slapped her hand away. Leaving a residue wet and slimy and dry and brittle all at once. The hilt she had envisioned vanished. A shadow moved in the weird mist which was growing thicker, it circled as unseen as the mist crowded in on the young Key.

Spoiler

something else is there jean but while you can feel it and see shadows you cannot see it. it is your move. Abel you can not get a coherent thought from Jeane and have no sense of what she sees or experiences, however you are connected can tell that her demenaor has changed there is a tinge of fear and whatever other emotions jeane is having he can fill you in on that.

It had touched her! She didn't know there was a her for anything to touch in here! Jeane still didn't feel anything beyond the fading residue of the slap, 360 degree vision tracing the thing's path through the mist. She wanted to grin to split her face, again if she had a face to split while grinning. Also, smell and taste. Excitement flooded through her, mentally squaring her shoulders. This thing looked much smaller than anything she had faced with the team so far, so worry was a distant third in her thoughts for now. Given it apparently hadn't tried to hurt her, and she didn't have a weapon or a body...

She inhaled mentally, trying to center herself the way she would before a fight and pushing out a wave of confidence into guild chat just in case this thing could pick that up. 'I don't want to hurt you. My name is Jeane,' she added to the emotional message, 'But I will if you make me.' 

She left thoughts about how exactly for later, but if she could get it to back even a second...

Pain!

Vibrations!

It lunged at the un-thing truning folloing it the two collide and...

Jeane saw the shadow move and before she could react she felt the same slimy impact except this time it was full force and sent her tumbling crashing to the ground... What the...!

Jeane was solid and on the floor in a dark room she was wet, drenched actually. It was the lab but the lab if it had been abandoned after some disaster and oh yeah If it had spent the last thousand years under a thousand feet of ocean water. She took all that in in a split second as her skill and training took over by instinct and she rolled to her feet to find herself facing what had hit her.

2a52ae0def29b769aabe3f3c56eacbd6.jpg

It was about the same size as she was, at least it's upper body was . It's tail was longer but the way iit looked to be built it would only be her height if it 'stood'.It hissed showing rows of needle sharp teeth, it reared up brandishing claws while it's lower body propelled it toward her like a snake.

Spoiler

Jean you are now in a real place with a real body facing a real thing. your palm is itching again. Abel you need to make a telepathy roll to hold contact if you succed you can experience whatjeane is experiencing now.

Abel held the link, and finally solidified the connection fully and was again in her head, seeing what she saw.   With the monstrosity coming at them, Abel lashed out at the creature from within her mind using the abilities he had available, opting for brute force at first.   <Stay on your guard, I'll do what I can but I cannot use my shields to protect you here.>

using mental blast.  11 successes   

The creature slithered about half a meter toward Jeane then with a hissing scream it stopped it's talons went to it's head grasping it on both sides. Veins bulged and throbed it's eye's bulged then with a grusome popping sounds as sharp and loud as a firecracker it's head exploded with a spray of blood, brains and bone fragments!

Spoiler

sorta like this

SCANNERS[1].gif

Splattered with brains, blood, and fetid water, Jeane kept up her guard just in case the thing had friends near-by. None seemed immediately forthcoming, so she relaxed just a hair. 'Abel, would you like a sample? It's not like we can make ourselves seem any more hostile if it's more than an animal, wherever the hell I am,' she sent over the link, 'And thanks.'

'Of course. Hurry back and we'll talk,' he shot back, a suggestion perfectly in line with her own desires.

An axe of pure lightning sparked into existence in the towering blonde's hand, a few quick strides bringing it down on the shoulder of the dead monster. Schlorck. Schlork. Splash. Her face splashed with more muck and gore, Jeane bend down and retrieved her prize, letting the energy weapon evaporate into nothing. Please work. She pushed inward again, sighing in relief as she found herself bodiless, silent, and mute once more in the fog. Not wanting to push her luck anymore, Jeane reached out and grabbed a hilt with her invisible hand and pulled.

Back in reality as most people knew it, a return stroke of lightning announced Jeane's return to the basement training room. Soaked. Ever so slightly subdued. Bearing a prize she hadn't gone in their with. "Well. Here I am, bearing gifts like that guy from Gilgamesh and Grendel," she intoned flatly as she dropped the thing's arm on the floor with a thud, "All yours, guys."  

Abel answered Kia softly.  "It is for now."  

Just then Jeane came back with her sample.   "Well done Jeane, and thank you.   I was able to keep the link, across dimensions.  That's actually a first."    Seeing the sample he smiled.   "Kia, there truly was something there, and here's a sample of it.   I was planning to add it to the library of samples we have, so perhaps we can understand more about it later.  If you'd like to sample it though, then by all means."

He was astounded internally by all of this, but was keeping it together nicely.

While waiting for Kia whether or not to do whatever amazing thing her node would let her do with a monster's arm, the tall blond wiped a hand across her face and only succeeded in smearing the mud and blood some more. Eeew. 

"Before I go hit a shower... The thing that arm belonged to pushed me through from the fog into wherever it lived. If more of them find me mid-teleport, and I *don't* want to stop practicing it, I'll need a way to handle them without your amazing brain being along for the ride, Abel. Besides... If one of them can push me all the way through... Maybe I can learn how to push myself through? And back obviously. Maybe it's the adrenaline talking... But that could be cool, right? In a helpful way?"

She smiled hopefully, eager to find a way to contribute to the team some more.

"Maybe, but be careful," advises Kia. "I can hang onto your ability for a while...it'd be safer to explore in pairs than by yourself."

She goes to the arm with an expression of fascinated distaste. Hunkering down, she reached out to touch the thing and closed her eyes.

Her face pinched in a confused expression. "It's...really weird. Kind of like us, but everything's a little off. It's hard to explain. I think I might be able to use it though. I'm not sure what it would BE in this world."

"If you could actually gain that ability Jeane that would be even more amazing.  Dimension hopping is something I've never seen before now."  There was a great deal of surprise, and even a tinge of happiness to his voice.  "I totally agree with Kia that it will be safer for you to go together and train in pairs.   I'd like to accompany you again some day, if only to train and test my own abilities.  That I' managed to maintain the link, and then use my other powers through it, well that is huge for me too, so thank you for trusting me enough to allow me to try."

He looked at Kia.   "It's the first creature from another dimension we've ever encountered, that alone makes it unique."   

"Glad to be able to help you back a little. Please consider it part of me paying you guys back for everything you're doing for me," the towering blonde replied with a grin, "If I can get a handle on this, maybe I won't have to kidnap James whenever I'm bored and want to go somewhere. I'm going to end up owing him a list of favors longer than even my arms at the rate I'm going."

She paused for thought, glancing at Kia, "If you happen to run into one of them while teleporting, try not use Guildchat if you want to avoid a fight. It didn't like it. Not that one of them would be a problem for you to beat, but... The last group of aliens you fought came in different sizes, right? And these are even more alienish aliens, so who knows?"

"Now unless either of you have any objections, I'm going to find a shower, a mop, and something to get monster blood out of my clothes without melting them..."

Abel shook pondered for a moment, and nodded his head.   "I wouldn't rule it out, having seen it pull Jeane fully into its dimension.  Perhaps by further testing with any abilities it may have had we can see if it had such capabilities, if you're willing."   in the meantime he'd created a specimen preservation locker large enough to hold it, and crouched down to put it within.  They'd done this before with other alien samples, preserving them so that Kia could try their abilities later as well.   "I don't like ruling anything out when it comes to alien life forms, There's just too much we still don't know.  My impression was that it wasn't powerful enough on its own to do such a thing, but in the brief confrontation, I found nothing to indicate that it had some sort of aid."

• Nina unpinned this topic

Archived