"UNDER THE DRAGON CLAW"

THE MORGUE

On 9/16/2018 at 12:05 AM, NP ST said:

“Detective, You might want to wait a minute before calling anyone.” 

"And why might I want to do that, hmm?" Jordan had meant her tone to be warning and menacing, but it had come out sounding coy and coquettish.

Her frown was more of an enticing smirk as she sauntered over to the RO, hips swaying enticing. She tossed her head, making her glistening white hair flashing under the lights to disguise undoing another button on her blouse to reveal more inner curve of spectacularly designed breasts. The overly sexualized characteristics of her sleeve might have been an irritant, but she wasn't above using them for her own ends.

Breathing deep and drawing the RO's - and not only the RO's - eyes downward, her smirk widened faintly as she brushed his arm with a hand, her own eyes going to his PPC. Plain sight and all that...

"What other fantastic news do you have for me today?" She couldn't make her voice anything but sultry, but she managed to inject a heap of sarcasm into it.

THE MORGUE

The RO couldn't help but stare at Kurosagi's swaying hips as she came over to where he an the technician were standing. He gulp suddenly feeling...uncomfortable..

"Uh, while I was working on the Kwon subject, They started prepping a couple of other bodies that came from the accident," he said in a lowered voice. "Their clones too."

Spoiler

Church of course over hears this even though he is across the room

THE MORGUE

The glare Jordan shot the RO should have made his spontaneously ejaculate or die on the spot. He took a cautious step back and tried not to stare - too much - at her chest as she took several deep breathes to calm herself. If there was a God, Jordan thought he had a very sick sense of humour.

"Of course they are. Why wouldn't they be?" Jordan's tone was dry, so dry. She glanced over her shoulder at Church and pursed her lips, figuring he was able to hear. She turned back to the RO and nodded at the doorway he had entered by, then walked that way, giving him the option to follow or be left behind. He followed - having an ass like a heart-shaped dream had its advantages - but then his took several swift steps and stood in front of her, blocking access to the rooms beyond.

Arms folded, she looked up at the RO with an arched brow, considering pushing past him, but decided not to make an issue of it. Besides, if she managed to get him alone, the case, as frustratingly convoluted as it was getting, wouldn't be the only thing on her mind, she suspected.

"So, more clones." They could try to backtrack them through the MESH networks, but with the failure with Kwon, she suspected it wouldn't be illuminating. Still, they would have to try. "Is there anything more you can tell me? Which company, preferably, which specific lab, manufactured the clones? Or even if they were made in the same lab? Have any more intact mnemonic cores been recovered, or identities confirmed? We might get something with direct questioning, not being impeded by House Kimura."

She cocked her head slightly to the side, in thought. She really needed to get laid. It hadn't even been a day yet, but still...

"Forget about that!" Her eyes widened and she tried not to grimace. "I mean, don't forget about my earlier questions, but add - can you determine how long the clone-sleeves were manufactured, gestated, or whatever technical term they're using now? Also, the recovered bodies, have they all been from the front car, or from throughout the mag-train?"

THE MORGUE

" From the first car," the RO said. "We're checking all of them right now, but the three we have checked are all from the same unregistered machine including Kwon. The remains from the other cars we will have to go molecular to try and recover any DNA from bone marrow if we can find any that isn't carbonized.

I've never seen anything like this."

Anselmo had come up and heard some of the last part of the explanation. "What about the little girl?"

"She hasn't been examined yet," he flicked a finger across his PADD, "I sent a directive, they will examine her right away."

Spoiler

the little girl is too young to be cloned legally but more importantly her brain isn't developed enough for a mindset to be made which means any clone would have been a vegetable.

RHO, LUNA

PHEADALON GARDENS AND SPA

INSIDE THE DOME

The all seeing eyes of the Mesh picked up and tagged the assailants as soon as they pulled their weapons even before Tilda's waiting driver was dropped.

The closest Police drone were redirected to the location by the time Yoyo pulled the first man into the yard and locked him in the hold which led to his gory death.

By the time the assassin realized that reloading his needler was a useless endeavor the first drone was zooming over the garden  identifying potential targets. The Ai was slightly confused, violence of this magnitude was virtually unheard of and it took a few nano seconds to switch from non lethal to lethal interdiction.

The assassin dropped his gun as Yoyo tore into his partner, he pulled a small black cylinder a tiny incendiary grenade, the kind used during space marine assaults, he flicked the arming trigger as he drew back to throw it at Yoyo as the drones guns fired and stitched a line of rounds across his back. The grenade flew but the trajectory was off still the resulting explosion and fireball engulfed everyone in the garden luckily Yoyo's armored hide saved her from any real damage although the concussion did render her unconscious.

The rest of the people in the garden were not so lucky.

RHO, LUNA

THE MORGUE

INSIDE THE DOME

O'k was about to ask the RO to hurry it up when both her PADD and Anselmo's beeped urgently. The two exchanged looks the checked their PADDs.

** ALL OFFICERS IN VICINITY OF PHEADALON GARDENS RESPOND CODE RED**

*** DETECTIVES KUROSAGI AND ANSELMO ARE PRIMARY***

**** O'k, Ken This may be connected to the other case your working on keep me posted. Capt. Moore****

Get me the information on those bodies and no one and I do mean no one else has access to this stuff.” Kurosagi says sharply stifling a curse as her and Anselmo head for the door. O'k glances at Church, this might not be a good idea but damned if she was going to leave him here with all this evidence.

Why don't you come along, could always use another set of eyes.”

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

The garden was a wreck and for the second time that day O'k found herself looking at charred bodies. One of the drones hovered a few feet away.

Detective the Survivor is over here being treated. She says she is unharmed. “ The Drone say with it modulated robot voice as it sends Yoyo's CID data to the Policemen PADDS as the make their way toward the Paramedics Vehicle Ryan following along behind them.

Anselmo gives a low whistle and fake slaps his forehead when he gets a look at Yoyo sitting on the back of the hover ambulance wrapped in a thin robe which did nothing to cover her beauty.

Holy fuck can't a horny guy catch a break”

Spoiler

okay now all of you are together. every one in the garden except yoyo is dead. Yoyo's cid data is what ever is on her fake cid and at this point is not in question. Noir can fill yu in on any details you might need ask her. Yoyo is relitivly unhurt if singed any questions send me a PM

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Yoyo sitting on the back of the hover ambulance was something of a surreal sight with all of the blackened destruction, smoldering embers and charred bodies in the area. It was not difficult to tell that she was nude beneath the thin robe, her clothing taken by the flames, but what she lacked in clothing was compensated for with a crust of burnt blood covering the front of her body, with seared flesh everywhere else. Even though she was encrusted mostly with burnt gore, her curves were plainly obvious. Her heavenly face and hands were wiped more or less clean, and her long braid was now undone, her once incredibly long, auburn hair now hanging loosely, singed and somewhat shortened by the flames, but not totally burned off as one would expect, with the slight metallic sheen of her hair and skin hinting as to why she was not further injured.

Still, despite her current state, it was obvious that Yoyo was unearthly beauty, easily rivaling O'K in that department, though where OK oozed a raw sex appeal, Yoyo was more of a classic, seemingly unattainable, beauty. Her face was sad though, loss and mourning painted plainly on it. Her aquamarine eyes (that one could swear was faintly glowing) were staring at the ground as she wiped and scrubbed the charred blood from her ears and neck with a towel, her robe opened slightly exposing more or her decolletage as she worked down her neck, lost in thought and apparently totally unaware of any onlookers. Each pass of the towl eradicated more of the charred gore to reveal pristine, tanned supple flesh, almost like she were emerging from some chrysalis  To those able to perceive such things, her seared skin could be seen to shimmer on occasion as nanite 'medichines' swarmed over her, repairing flesh at such a rate that the black blotch of seared flesh could be visibly seen to be contracting if one managed to pay attention to it. 

As she was approached, Yoyo's CID information hovered above her in AR as she sat on the back of the ambulance:

- Citizen ID: KF93JD42M
- Name: Yolanda Singh Mannerheim
- House: Silva
- Rep Rating: 6

Though O'K' and Anselmo's AR displays, being Centurions,  had an additional piece of information:

- >>> Licensed <<<

Yoyo shook her head, trying to make sense of it all, her aquamarine eyes still looking at the ground, though focused on nothing, The medical personnel, especially the men, tended to hover around her, she was the only survivor after all, or at least that is the excuse they would give. When one would hand her something Yoyo would momentarily come out of her reverie, turning those beautiful aquamarine eyes on them with a smile and politely thank them, before drifting back deep into thought.

The killing of her friend, of each other, the destruction of the Gardens... it was all madness.  

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

"Vaughn, I'm going to go ahead with them.  Until they okay the release of the core as well, and now with the clone situation, We're not going to get any further here."

He looked to the Detectives and nodded.  "Very well Detective, I will accompany you, but I do expect that should the situation arise, I am allowed to defend myself."   He didn't expect it to get to that point, but wanted it spelled out that he had such rights.  No need to complicate his actual duties further than they already had been.  Doing this, at least, might earn some goodwill.

He had followed along, and trailed still.  His sleeve's sensor suite capturing and recording everything around him, and he drew near, but not so much to crowd the Detectives.  The Woman under the care of the EMTs was another possessed of striking beauty, and he was glad that he wasn't flesh and blood, he'd likely be unable to focus on his mission with her and the Detective around.    He quietly passed the woman's information to Vaughn.   "May want to run a little check on her, if only because this was big enough to pull them from our case to here, if you have the time."

THE EXTRANET

LOCATION GUARDED

44 minutes ago, Ryan Church said:

"Vaughn, I'm going to go ahead with them.  Until they okay the release of the core as well, and now with the clone situation, We're not going to get any further here."

“Okay, I have a few channels to investigate on my own. Keep me in the loop”

Vaughn's avatar sat back as he contemplated which avenue to probe. Data flowed out at the speed of light multiple agents searching in nano seconds replies came back and were catalogued, ranked, filed, two were especially promising. One gave rise to the possibility that this may all be some sort of concerted attack on House Kimura. Not unheard of and definitely a possibility Several glitches and anomalies had surfaced in what was arguably the universes most popular virtuality, Stygia, and all of these things seem to coincide time wise with the incident on Luna.

The other though caught Vaughn's attention and imagination. At the Crossroads, another virtuality based in a magical fantasy setting where old fashioned random events were commonplace, more anomalies had cropped up in the last few hours. Normally the events took place within defined localities with in the virtuality leaving other areas unaffected. But now complaints of events leaking into safe zones had been reported. It had also been reported that these incidents which were often violent not caused actual pain and damage to those who encountered them. Something that only alteration of base code could accomplish.

The same kind of code alteration needed to change the focus of the MESH.

Vaughn stood and became a bird, spreading his wings he took flight and flew through the now open window.

Data flowed and his ego channeled across the vast distances that weren't and suddenly the Bird that was Vaughn burst from the branches of a tall Majestic oak. He soared high into the blue sky looking out over fields of nearly ready for harvest grain and quaint farmers tending fields and live stock. In the distance he spied a village his destination. He needed to speak to the Cobbler........

Spoiler

The Cobbler is an AI Vaughn is aware of his role in the Crossover is to supply shoes to everyone. he is also a supplier of programs and information. Vaughn has probably dealt with him in the past.

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Holy fuck can't a horny guy catch a break”

"Cry me a river, Anselmo," Jordan growled with more sexual frustration than she intended. With the Venus-model sleeve she wore, it wasn't a matter of being horny, but rather how horny she was. She shot her partner a smirk. "Though I'd think working decadent Rho, you'd be used to it by now."

To be fair, even by the standards of an entertainment bastion such as Rho, the woman stood out. It was clearly not a 'naturally' made body, designed by someone with class and taste, instead of purely prurient interests like her own. And Ms. Mannerhiem must've taken more than a few hits to her rep or called in some special favours to get Synthesized with a rep rating only a 6. Even in a Silva dominated enclave like Rho, Synthesized Sleeves weren't exactly common.

And aesthetic appeal wasn't the only thing the woman - or rather her sleeve - was designed for, Jordan thought with frown, reviewing the footage from the Centurion Drone and glancing around the destroyed garden with a frown. Her eyes fell on a dish by one of the medtechs holding several plastic flechettes from a needler. Some were broken, none had blood on them, not on the tips at least. And she's Licensed. Jordan wasn't even Licensed, except in course of her duties as a Centurion.

The woman also didn't seem too shook up from the assault. Quiet and introverted - or was that introspective - but she didn't seem in shock or particularly distressed. Most people in the Protectorate didn't encounter violence, especially on this scale.

"See if the MESH will give us anything this time, Anselmo, if you would? Since you're so hard done by, I'll see if Ms. Mannerheim is up to answering some questions."

Jordan glided up to the gorgeous woman, waving aside the medtechs, asking for some distance with a glance. When the woman looked up at the curvaceous detective with those luminous aquamarine eyes, Jordan felt her hold on her enhanced pheromones go slack, even as she tried to decipher the subtle unconscious pheromones of the woman to determine her emotional state.

Lucky me, not only did I get a libido jacked to eleven, but one not discerning in its proclivities. Jordan might still have a definite preference for men, but her sleeve was not so limited. She was still getting used to that.

"Ms. Mannerheim, I know you've been subjected to a terrible situation," Jordan said, her sensual voice perhaps a touch too warm to be purely professional. "But while it is still fresh, would be willing to speak with me in our attempt to determine who did this and bring them to justice? I am Detective O'Quinn-Kurosagi, and the gentleman over there is Ken Anselmo."

Jordan's eyes roved over the charred foliage of the gardens for a moment before turning them back on the woman who's modesty was barely held by a thin robe. "Standard I know, but I must ask, did you know the attacks or know why anyone would mean you harm?"

Vaughn swooped in on digitally-generated air currents. The village square grew into view, but Vaughn flapped left off of it towards a side street, at a building with green roofing and a blue hanging sign with the emblem of a boot. Vaughn landed on the roof before taking one brief final lift off, before putting himself in a position to turn back to human and safely land. Gravity wasn't exactly weakened in the rules of this virtuality, after all.

The Cobbler, in the form of an older, kindly looking man, was puttering about something as Vaughn entered his shop. "Welcome. What-" His opening spiel cut off as he recognized: "Vaughn. I don't suppose you came here for shoes?"

"No." Vaughn said, coming up to the counter. "I need to ask what you know about Sigmund Kwon."

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Yoyo's gaze drifted past the Detective to the soldering remains of the garden.

"Terrible" does not even begin to describe it." she she said, almost to herself, looking at the remains of the garden once again for a brief moment before looking back to the ground.

"I.." Yoyo voice caught in her throat momentarily as she tried to speak about what happened.

"I don't think they were after me. You see, I am something of a proponent of transhumanism. I speak about transhumanism, answer questions of the curios, help guide those who wish it along the path to their own self-directed evolution, to immortality, share my own story and try to set an example. I am not some transhumanist snob who looks down on those who do not wish to walk this path. I simply educate others on it and help them if they so desire. I am not like so many of the transhumanist supremacists out there. There is the occasional HPA fanatic, but I am perfectly capable of protecting myself. I am not one much for making enemies though. And please, call me Yoyo." she said, forcing a faint smile, that on her faced hardly even looked so.

The faux smile faded quickly as her thoughts moved on to what had happened.

"I believe they were after my friend, Tilda Baily," she said with a sigh as she pointed at one of the bodies, closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"I think I was unexpected and just got in the way, and I doubt this happening shortly after the train bombing is a coincidence." 

Yoyo took in a deep breath, closing her eyes and centering herself as she let the detective pull up the information on Tilda.

"You see, I come to the gardens often, and it was here I met Tilda by chance and we struck up a friendship. She may be associated with the Talons of Freedom, but our friendship had nothing to do with that. She came to me today, as I was praying for those poor souls on the train. She assured me that the Talons were not involved, and I must say, I believe her detective." she explained with the ache of loss lingering on her voice as she lifted her head to bring her luminous, aquamarine eyes to meet O'K's for a moment, her gaze full of sincerity and hurt.

"I had just finished an hour or so of instructing Tilda in Maharia Meditation stances in the garden when I heard something outside the gate. It began to slowly open and I could see the barrel of a weapon, and so I acted to protect my friend, restraining the first one to question him, though I did not know there were others at the time. There were three of them, in fact, the apparent assassins I mean, but I don't know who they were. They had tactical gear, needle rifles and, apparently, incendiary grenades, and no compunction about taking lives." she explained, glancing over at the bodies being processed.

"Another unloaded on the one I had restrained... to get to me. They just emptied a needler magazine into him, like... like... he was nothing" she recounted, shaking her head.

"I have the benefit of certain augs, as I knew I may encounter violence in speaking on Transhumanism. Those augs made their needlers... ineffective... against me. The one I had restrained though, was not so lucky. I had only wished to question him, but he died in my grasp, bathing me in..." 

Yoyo's gaze shifted down to the towel in her hands, blackened by the crust of burnt blood she had wiped from her body. She closed her eyes tightly, though a few tears with a faint, metallic hue, escaped to run down her cheeks.

With her eyes still closed tight, she continued, doing her best to steady her voice.

"My friend, she was danger, for as that one reloaded, the other began to fire at her, not me. She was unarmed and still in the garden, clearly not the threat that I would have appeared to be, but still they fired at her as she took cover as best she could."

"I did not have time to think about what what happening. Tilda was still in danger, so I had to act. I tossed Tilda the needler of the one I had restrained, and since one was reloading, I confronted the one shooting at my friend. I had hoped to remove him from the fight swiftly, either through unconsciousness or severe injury, so I could do the same to the third."

"I am not entirely sure what happened next. It is a bit fuzzy. I think the one stopped reloading, and I remember hearing gunfire and then an explosion. When I awoke, trauma personnel were tending to me in the remains of the garden, and the assassins...and my friend... were dead."

"Think what you may about her from what you've heard, but I can tell you that Tilda I knew was a good person and a better friend." she said as she locked eyes with the detective once more, he luminous eyes seemingly pleading and full of aching loss.

Yoyo wiped away the steaks of tears on her cheeks with a clean back of her hand as her gaze slowly hardened with resolve.

"Those responsible for all of these deaths will face justice."

• 2 weeks later...

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

"They will," Jordan agreed, her sensual voice holding a hard bite, full lips and indigo eyes tightening, unmoved by Yoyo's tears. "But remember Ms Mann - Yoyo - it is the duty of the Centurions to apprehend them, and the Coalition of Free States to sentence them."

Yolanda Mannerheim might claim Tilda Bailey as a friend, but to Jordan, she was a criminal. The Talons of Freedom seek nothing less than the fall of the Coalition under the pretext of old and obsolete nationalistic ideals. They were one of the largest suppliers of the black market, particularly in the area of weapons and armaments.

And the Talons infested Rho, her city. It was never far from Jordan's thoughts that it was between the destructive machinations of the Talons of Freedom and the Purifiers that she ended up in her inappropriate sleeve.

"Various augs and modifications or not, Yoyo, you shouldn't discount the danger offered by the Purifiers," Jordan said, then frowned faintly. "Nor that of the Talons. Though you are clearly a victim and have lost someone of importance to you, please remain available for questioning. By your own admission, you have interacted with someone you knew as a member of the Talons of Freedom, a recognized terrorist organization. Considering the events of today, that cannot be overlooked. If you will give me a few moments? I still need to take a look at the scene."

It was phrased as a question, but it was a statement, as Jordan turned her attention back to the crime scene. More dead bodies burned beyond recognition. She tasked the Centurion Drone and a couple of the paramedics to keep a tab on Mannerheim while she looked over the footage the Drone has recorded of the event. In another personal window of her Mindset, Jordan began scouring public and Centurion databases on Tilda Bailey, to see if anything would clear or indict her, or hint at who may have attacked her.

"Ken, would give the scene a once over, see if there's anything that might give a hint of who the attackers were or who they worked for?" Ken scowled, but Jordan gave him a pointed glance, aimed just below his belt. "If nothing else, it might help with your 'little' problem. And try not to disturb anything. Too much. You know how the CSIs hate that."

Checking on the progress of the CSIs - they've been busy today - she sent them and the ME a note to take special care in trying to recover any mnemonic cores and to look for any indications that the charred attackers were cloned sleeves. It was a faint thread to follow, but it wasn't too far fetched to consider a link between the  Mag-Lev attack and this one.

Jordan turned back to Yoyo, her glistening white hair flaring. "Yoyo, are you aware if Tilda Bailey possessed a Mnemonic Core and Mindset?"

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Yoyo's face imperceptibly hardened a bit, her eyes faintly narrowing at how the detective spoke of her friend. She took in a breath, centered herself and relaxed once more before speaking.

"Tilda? A criminal?" she said in a bit of surprise, her beautiful, expressive aquamarine eyes going wide. 

"I am absolutely certain that if she were a criminal, then the fine Centurions would have certainly brought her to justice by now. To call her a 'criminal' is a serious allegation for a detective to be making, one which I am sure somebody of your standing would not make without proof to support it." she said with a nod. 

Her expression turned thoughtful for a moment, glancing up at the dome above her.

"Hmm.. But as I recall, it seems that for all of the highly skilled detective work of the Centurions, and the aid of the all-seeing mesh, no charge ever brought against her was ever able to stick." she thought aloud.

"Tilda was associated with the Talons, as their representative in negotiations with the government. She helped the Coalition and Talons to avoid more violence. She saved lives. And she came to me to after the bombing to help save more lives with information she had. So please detective, do not slander the dead with your spurious allegations, especially to her friends." Yoyo politely asked as she rose from her seat on the back of the over-ambulance and walked over to one of the fire fighter vehicles with O'K walking along with her, O'K's lips tightened a bit as she listened.

"Why come would she come to you, Ms. Mannerheim?" she asked when they had reached the fire fighting craft.

Yoyo glanced over at O'K and leaned down, picking up a hose as she began to speak.

"Because she was afraid that Centurions who were already unfairly biased against her would not believe her with the wound of the bombing so fresh. She also knew that in my work, I pass between all strata of society and do not judge, like some do." she began to explain as she leaned her head forward, bending just a bit at the waist.

She lifted the hose quite easily over her head and turned it on partially, letting the water run through her faintly shimmering hair, washing out the ash, soot and other debris as she continued,

"In so doing I have made many friends and acquaintances, some of whom are in positions, however lofty or lowly, irreproachable or unsavory, to be privy to privileged or sensitive information which they can be convinced to share, or be able to pass such information along the right channels if requested." she said as she dropped the hose and proceeded to wring out water from her hair.

When she was satisfied, she shook her head, combing her fingers through her hear and then whipped her head back sharply, to lean her head back, causing her hair to arc through the air, sending off droplets or glistening water. Though she had been careful when rinsing her hair, some of the water still managed to trickle and cascade down her neck and shoulders, wetting the robe just a bit, so than when she leaned her head back it had the effect, whether unintentional or not, to pulled the thin, nearly transparent material when wet, taunt over her chest, the thin, wet material clinging to her perfectly sculpted breasts, the entire scene making her look like some sort of sea goddess freshly risen from the waves.

"Unfortunately, I just can't recall all of the information she shared with me right now. After the explosion, things are a bit fuzzy." she said, shaking her head as she held up a hand across her forehead in an expression of wooziness that still causes a few of the male medics to tense and nearly jump to catch her.

"Maybe if I were to tag along with your investigation, as an outside consultant perhaps, something might help me remember." she added.

It was a gesture that she was certain the detective could see though, but that was also a bit of the point. She had dealth with all manner of law enforcement over her life, and knew how to handle them and give them what they needed to get what she wanted, such as providing the detective with a possible excuse, however flimsy, to her superiors to explain why she was permitted to tag along.

Yoyo gestured toward the remains of the gardens with a sweep of her elegant hand, and then gestured up and down her body with a sling, fluid motion.

"You obviously need not worry about my safety, and I am currently having further discrete protection brought to me from my quarters. That aside, I am sure you can see the benefit of having my assistance. There are many who would talk to me that would never be willing to talk to a detective." she explained as she wet her towel with the hose, wringing it somewhat clean, before continuing to use it to wipe what little bit remained of the charred crust from her body.

"And no, Tlda never underwent the apotheosis. She had a bioware prosthetic here or there, due to injuries during her military service, but lacked any cyberware. I had hoped that she would, over time, decide to direct her own evolution and choose immortality, but now that choice was denied her. So now, detective, there is no core for you to recover from her. My account is close as you will get."

THE COBBLERS HOUSE

CROSSROADS, THE 'NET

The cobbler stiffens perceptibly Vaughn saw half a dozen small mice dart out in various directions from under the work table, each disappearing through small holes and cracks in the wall. The old man set his tools aside and pushed his stool back “Just like you always straight to the point, no beating around the bush, no taking care with who might be listening.” he said as he moved to the window and drew a set of dusty curtains then he bolted the door after flipping the welcome sign to closed.

“He doesn't go by that name any more, might not even be that soul, but he does listen for it watches and acts when it's spoken”

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Anselmo looked at the carnage and shook his head as O'K asked the gore splattered hot chick some questions. “I swear to all that holy if these guys are clones...,” he mumbled. Then he noticed Church standing still as a statue on the edge of the site.

“Hey Buttercup, how about using those big ears and eyes and giving us a hand since your here?”

Spoiler

Church - I will send yyou a pm with some info wait and look at it before you post

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Ryan had been recording everything, and had already noticed several things the two centurions obviously hadn't.   "Of course Detective, I don't mind giving you a hand, though "Church" is just fine for way to address me, I imagine you'd not like me calling you a pet name."

he moved into the site proper, and began scanning and recording everything, should Vaughn wish to look at it later.  After his survey, he was allowed to look at the corpses of the assassins, and his mechanical eyes narrowed as he shifted through several spectrums.  He could see at least part of what was going on here, and he wasn't happy.  This was liable to blow up in all their faces if they were not careful. "I see.   Well that's only going to complicate things."

He made his way back to both detectives.  "I have a report, if the two of you have a moment."   It was clear from his tone that he wanted to give them that report quietly, Away from others.

• 2 weeks later...

The Crossroads

"Well, someone has been doing their best to bring that name into vogue." Vaughn replied. "The bombing of the trains in Rho, a body with that identity listed, plus twisted and lacking data trails since leaving House Kimura. So our... ghost, if you will - what happened to him?"

On 10/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, Yoyo, The Monk said:

So now, detective, there is no core for you to recover from her. My account is close as you will get."

"Unless we manage to recover an intact core from the assailants, of course," Jordan countered, voice and expression flat.

Or as flat as she could manage to make them. Where Yolanda's sensual movements seemed affected to Jordan, her own were inherent and instinctual. Which wasn't to say she wasn't affected by Yolanda's sensual grace or the wet shirt clinging to her exquisite curves. The woman's intent was clear, but would it be better to have her on hand where they could keep an eye on her, or leave her out of the investigation, so Yolanda couldn't exploit what they learned?

Jordan let drop the issue of Tilda Bailey's status as a criminal or terrorist. She had been a friend of Ms. Mannerheim it seemed, Yolanda wouldn't be willing to her aspersions to her character. She was quick enough to defend her, though Jordan hadn't called her criminal, simply stated that by Yolanda's own words, Tilda had been a member of a recognized terrorist organization.

"As for allowing you to be involved in the investigation, Ms. Mannerheim, my partner and I will have to discuss it," Jordan said, her voice a cool purr, seemingly unaware that her indigo eyes were giving the Transhumanist Advocate a casual once over. "Whether you can defend yourself or no, you are still a civilian - your safety is still our concern, especially if you accompany us on this investigation."

Speaking of safety, Yolanda's mention of discrete protection reminded Jordan of her own. As a detective, she didn't always wear her light Centurion bodysuit unless she was expecting trouble, but she always had it on hand, in the trunk of her Centurion Skiff. With the Train, and now the Garden, if she and Ken managed to catch up to the perpetrators, having their armor on already would be advisable. <I think we should suit up, Ken. Too many things exploding and getting shredded for my liking. And if Tilda Bailey wasn't the only target, they might try again for Ms. Mannerheim. By the way, what do you think of her offer to help? If you can stop thinking of her tits long enough, nice as they are.>

Then the cyberman approached.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:24 PM, Ryan Church said:

"I have a report, if the two of you have a moment."

"If you'll excuse us, Ms. Mannerheim," Jordan said, catching Ken's eye with a glance, then nodding at Church towards the doorway out of the Gardens. She wouldn't underestimate the senses of someone with as many augments as Yolanda seemed to possess. "We'll return shortly, hopefully with an answer to your offer."

Putting distance between her, Ken, and Church, and everyone else, Jordan planted a hand on her hip and looked up at the towering cybersleeve with an arched brow. "Now, what is this report you say you have?"

Doing a quick scan to for any other listening or recording devices and finding none, Ryan began his report.  "First, understand I'm doing this in the spirit of cooperation, so that you know I'm simply here to do my job and leave, I have no intention of complicating your lives unduely by doing so.  That said, after making my own tour of the crime scene, and examining the bodies, there are some irregularities I feel that may have been missed, which lead me to certain theories."

He paused for a moment, as if collecting his thoughts, and then forged on.  "First, There were two explosions,  which is information you'd likely have, had the drones not been destroyed, and had the local node not been disrupted by them.  Second, I was allowed to examine the corpses, and noted a small deformity in the back of each of their necks, which I surmise was an implant.   Their bodies may have been felled by other activities, but their cores were destroyed internally by this implant.  Third, and tying into the previous statement, These were no random thugs, but highly professional hitmen, likely with House connections themselves.  Given that their flesh was obviously expendable, It is also likely they were needlecasted into these bodies, which would account for their reduced performance.  Finally, The real assassins were thus never here, and are still at large, simply casting their consciousness.  As such I highly advise you to put Ms. Manneheim in protective custody, though I'd be somewhat careful with the information I've given you."

He added nearly as an afterthought.  "Given everything I have observed, there is nothing present to link this to any particular house, though I can keep looking.

• 2 weeks later...

The Crossroads

The cobbler shook his head slightly and took off his wire rim glasses "Straight to the point, no playing your role. Okay your not the only ghost in the machine Vaughn and your probably not the smartest. He has transcended he isnt Kwon anymore he calls himself the Necromancer. His ghost has built a data fortress way out on the edge where the storage is clean  It's not hard to find or get to but it is hell. It's a multilayered sim and his ghost resides in the center of the fortress a place he calls the black tower. No one who goes there comes out Vaughn, not ghost, not AI, no one."

He slips the glasses back on and picks up a shoe and places it on the horn then picks up a tiny hammer and starts tapping the sole. "Anything else?"

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

"This is just getting better and better," Anselmo said as he glanced around scanning the vicinity for threats. "I blame you for getting us stuck wit this job O'K." He glances back at YoYo, "If she is still a target maybe we should take her inot protective custody.

If what Bunny-ears here says is true then we are looking at an organized House action ain't no terrorist have access to casting tech. I think we should get back to the station and wait for the morgue reports and let csi finish this then we can look at their report." said the male cop his nervousness poorly hidden.

RHO, LUNA

INSIDE THE DOME

Jordan followed Anselmo's glance, well aware of just what he was glancing at, and couldn't help but wonder if his suggestion of Protective Custody was for a valid reason or just to have another good looking woman around to ogle. Okay, that wasn't fair, Ken wasn't that bad, and if what Church surmised held water...

The sensuous Centurion glared at the bodies as though personally affronted, then tossed her head, long white hair shimmering, as she turned to look up at Church. "If they are needlecasting assassins and disposing of the sleeves and the cores, nothing says it's more than one assassin and they are just forking the asshole." Her luscious lips curved in a grimace showing pearly teeth. "Terrorists or not, the resources it seems dedicated to this certainly suggests at least House backing, leaning towards direct House involvement. Keep looking around while we go speak with Ms. Mannerheim, then we'll get out of the way of the CSIs."

Jordan arched an unintentionally enticing brow at her partner. "Don't blame me if my new chassis makes us all kind of popular with the higher-ups. And really, do you want to be riding a desk or issuing citations?" She nodded towards YoYo. "Let's go inform Ms. Mannerheim that she'll be staying with us for the time being under protective custody." She grunted. "She should be happy, she'll be getting what she wants, if not in quite the official capacity she desires."

The Centurion detectives made their way back to the elegant woman. "Ms. Mannerheim - Yoyo - we believe the danger, to you and others, is still a concern. As such, we would... like your acquiescence to place you in our care under protective custody."

The ravishing detective truly seemed discomfited having to ask instead of demand, but as yet, Jordan didn't believe she had enough to bring to her captain to impose protective custody, not and make it stick, anyway. "You'll stay with us," she smirked wryly, "and perhaps overhear enough of the investigation to make an occasional comment or suggestion. For the moment, we'll head back to the station and wait on the reports from the CSIs and medical examiner. Right now, we're just making their jobs more difficult."

• 3 weeks later...

The Crossroads

"What does he want?" Vaughn pressed though. The comment by the Cobbler annoyed him. He might not be 'the smartest' but he knew how to handle any challenge coming his way. Besides, he was on the clock, and his clients were the ones pressing for answers. "Is he still taking dives back into meat-bodies?"

• 3 weeks later...

The Cobbler shook his head, "I have told you all I know, you will have to go to the Source, if you want more. you should go now." The cobbler went to the front door and locked it and put up a closed sign in the window then he walked behind his counter and went through and opening into the rear of the shop. Vaughn followed but when he reached the back of the shop it was empty.

Vaughn cursed under his digital breath. The Source was a near mythical data node made up of hundreds or thousands of AI. They had come into existence after man fled earth and bartered for data with data. They were the filter through which everything flowed. Only problem, you had to give up something to deal with them, and what you gave up was never your choice.

The trip back to the station had been strained but as soon as they arrived Jordan recived a call to come to the morgue. There they found the Ro with a very nervous expression. He met them in the hall way outside the office and in a low voice spoke to Jordan eyeing the others warily. "I got shut down this whole investigation has been classified and I had to turn the remains over to Government Security."he passes Jordan a data chip. "I didn't give you this." Without another word he goes back into the office shutting the door behind him.

• 2 weeks later...

"You didn't give me a thing," Jordan replied laconically, lips twisting wryly as the RO walked away, tucking the data chip surreptitiously into her long coat. The curvaceous detective sashayed back to her partner and pair of impromptu deputies. She gave them a bland look, debating what to reveal, then sighed. Keeping things secret with them involved would just be counter productive.

"The twists just keep on coming. The investigation has been shuttered and whitewashed here, which likely means the same thing is going to happen to ours. So, Anselmo, I think we're going to make ourselves scarce at the station for while. Let's go, guys. Luckily, we still have something to pursue, which we'll have to do without using official Centurion resources." She gave them a dry smirk. "We might be able to get some unofficial help if it becomes absolutely necessary."

If they did that, their own investigations would be derailed all the sooner. She took in her squad in a glance and nodded towards door. "Back to the skiff. We'll... head to my apartment for now, unless any of you have a better suggestion."

• 2 weeks later...

The Crossroads, to...

Sure, Savants like Vaughn were near mythical too, but that didn't mean he was going to go chasing after the Source, something that after all didn't work on his terms just to solve one case. He turned, walked out the door and then off into a side street. Vaughn faded out and returned to his private space. Quickly, he wrote an investigation program, taking the form of, to not pun too much, a briefing form which he closed into a folder and reached out to place in the hands of the ever-ready Smiley.

That could dig up information on Yolanda Mannerheim while he took a look at this Necromancer's fortress.

Spoiler

Knowledge (Software); Wild Die: 1D12.OPEN(12)+1 = [5]+1 = 6
1D6.OPEN(6) = [6, 3] = 9
Ace: 1D6.OPEN(6) = [5] = 5

So 14, for the investigation program Vaughn has written to dig up info on Yoyo.

• 2 weeks later...

The apartment was a corner unit halfway up a mid-rep residential tower. It's a modest place, it's open floor plan making the apartment seem bigger than it actually was, areas defined by the placement of furniture and area rugs over the hardwood floor. The furniture was generally low, fashioned of curved polished metal and glass and rugged fabric, softened with what appeared to hand knitted accessories, judging by the rattan basket filled with needles and yarn.

The apartment was largely decorated in muted shades of blues and greys, enlivened by splashes of color, red or green. Digital frames displayed scrolling Martian landscapes, mostly from Helios and Olympus. Everything was well appointed, clean, and in its place from apparent habitual dedication. By the kitchenette area stood a high quality personal compiler unit.

Floor to ceiling smart-windows made up one wall of the the apartment and the upper half of another, which led out to a narrow terrace. A low half-wall sectioned off what seemed to be an office or work area and a long silken screen patterned with abstract blossoms and wild animals gave her bedroom area some privacy.

Ryan wondered how  Kurosagi could afford such on a Detective salary.

The trip across the dome had been uneventful.  The two cops had been silent during the transport and Ryan had been following Vaughn internally.

The manifested bird flew across the digital landscape and after what seemed like hours but was merely a second, Vaughn found himself circling what was an impressive sight. A forbidding black tower rising into the sky. It looked like something from a fantasy story. He imagined that armies of orcs and elves battling at it's foot would not be out of place. he studied the edifice and spied what could only be a purposeful entryway, an open invitation or a trap.

As soon as they arrived at the apartment  Anselmo went to the wet and began puring a couple of drinks as an after thought he asked Rick if he wanted anything. Jordan meanwhile had accessed the chip and didn't take long to find whatthe RO wanted her to find. All of the bodies in the 1st car had been clones. Including the little girl, not only that but none of them were more than 24 hours old, and all of the recovered cores were mirrors of the same core, that of the mind of Kwon.

Spoiler

I am not removing Noir from the game but I don't know when or if she will be able to post so I am going to let her do a solo thing and will bring her back if/when she is able.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan declined,  "No thank you, I'm good for now."   He took in the extremely well appointed room, and smiled, not that anyone could tell.   "You do quite well for yourself to have such a nice place.  My own place is much more spartan."   he waited for Jordan to return, instead striking up a conversation with her partner.   He let Vaughn do his work, trusting that he'd share any info he got once he was done, and because he really couldn't to all that much to help him.

"So, how long have you been on the Force, Detective?"   It was an innocuous question to start with.

Vaughn decided to move up to the entrance way, but not directly enter. If there was a trap, he would see what the tripwire was. Kwon really was playing up the whole unapologetic master of life and death shtick. Really, there was being free from corporeal constraints, and then there was lunacy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yoyo casually walked around the apartment with an calm air of serenity about her, taking in her surroundings. It was certainly much different than most homes in Gondolin. Life might generally be more comfortable in the Coalition, or at least it appeared to be, but they lacked the true freedom of the Apostates due to things like the ubiquitous Mesh. A cage was still a cage, no matter how gilded it may be, but it was shiny enough to blind most citizens to the reality of their situation. 

"You have a lovely apartment, Detective O'Quinn-Kurosagi. I thank you for opening your door to us." she said to the dective, giving her a slow, deep nod with her eyes closed, apparently gesture of respect or thanks, just moments before Yoyo's sparring drone arrived at the apartment with a small case. Still, the fact its unexpected arrival drew some attention, if not actual suspicion, from O.K.

"I sent for my things. Though I appreciate the loan of the robe from the first responders, I would feel more comfortable in my own attire." Yoyo explained.

O.K. relented and let the Drone inside. Immediately it walked over to Yoyo. and held out the case, which Yoyo opened. With a sensual shrug of her shoulders the robe fell from her body, leaving her standing completely nude, thought with her back to the apartments occupants for the most part, as she reached into the case and withdrew some garments. She seemed totally comfortable (and with a body that looked as divinely sculpted as her's, who wouldn't be?) as she retrieved several garments from the case. She slipped on a black, skintight suit with a dancer's graces, stepping into it and pulling the garment up her long, shapely legs before undulating as she slipped her arms in and arched her back causing her skin to faintly shimmer metallic as the motion pulled the suit up and to her body. The seam gradually closed and disappeared over the next several seconds and the nano-machines did their work, sealing her in for the time being as she pulled a flowing, hooded robe from the case and slipped it on. The robe appeared to be a simple linen with accents of black.

The monk spoke as she dressed, organizing her thoughts at a bit as she tasked her agent to find out whatever it could about her new companions,

"If you wish to continue looking into the matter at hand, then might I suggest that I have access to resources and information that you many not. If they would be of assistance, then I offer them fully and freely." Yoyo offered as she withdrew the last two items from the case; a set of gravitic batons. She casually spun them around each hand a time or two and then collapsed the pair, allowing her to easily conceal them beneath her robe along with a few other odds and ends from the case.

"And I think some of my memory may be returning." she said, though it was clearly just a facade of feigned memory lapse, judging by the faint smile on her lips.

"When I met Tilda today, about hand hour before we were assaulted, we were talking about the explosion. She told me that her... friends... were not responsible, and I believe her. But she also told me that a 'good' friend on Mars sent word that a Marine contingent left Mars about three hours prior on an unscheduled training exercise. She and her friend seemed to think they were coming here...”

Spoiler

Yoyo's Sparring Drone
zsmjx4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan glided into her apartment and slipped her long coat from her shoulders and hanging it without looking from a coat rack in a habitual motion. Her Centurion Armored Bodysuit molded itself to a figure designed by fantasies rather than nature, on ample display as she sat down on the couch, crossing her legs as she reached up plugged the chip into the jack on the back of her neck.

She held herself with her inherently enforced sultriness, but there was a tightness to her set of her shoulders and the line of her back. Jordan didn't often bring company to her apartment, so she found it vaguely uncomfortable having so many here. Even when she had to fulfill the needs of her overly sexualized sleeve, she preferred doing so at the other's domicile or a paid room.

"Thank-you," Jordan murmurred, responding to Ryan and Yoyo, privately pleased and annoyed that she was pleased at the comments. "The Centurions of Rho are well compensated, and if you're discerning and spend the time, you can find nice templates under your rep limit." She nodded towards the digital frames of Martian scenes on the walls. "Some are gifts from family and I've tried my own modest hand at knitting."

She began reviewing the data chip, the files superimposed in her vision via her mindnet. Jordan frowned when she noticed Anselmo immediately helping himself at the wetbar, but relented with a sharp nod of thanks when he offered her a drink. She down half it in a single pull.

Jordan's lambent indigo eyes smoldered as Yoyo disrobed and reclothed herself, but rather in affront or intrigue, it was hard to tell. Despite trying to focus on the files, her gaze lingered on the lines of the woman's sleek curves. Her expression went flat however when Yoyo continued with the conceit of regaining her 'lost' memory.

"Would you happen to 'remember' why Tilda and her friend believed the Marine contingent would be coming to Luna? I'll see if I can contact anyone in Martian Centurions, circumspectly of course, to see if they have heard anything."

Jordan's full lips turned down into a frown once more as the tried to fit the puzzle pieces together. "I can see why the investigation might be closed under lock and key."

She paused for a long moment. Her own department had closed the investigation. She might not entirely trust Church and Yoyo, and their own motives were suspect at best, but there were who she had to work with at the moment.

"All the bodies in the first car were clones. All of them, including the child. Which shouldn't be possible. A developing brain can't handle and adapt to a neural net, which is why adolescent and younger clones aren't manufactured. They would be mindless husks, not capable of properly being animated by a memory core."

Jordan took a deep breath, her buxom torso straining the confines of her armor, her eyes flicking from side to side as she scrolled through the files.

"Furthermore, all the clones were less then twenty-four hours old, and all were forked from the same memory core. Kwon's. Now, I can accept he could have managed to get access to an unregistered, unrestricted compiler capable of making flawless clones. But to make so many would require a full fledged Clone Factory. And a facility of that size shouldn't be able to be hidden. The DNA markers of the clones aren't from any known manufacturer. Only a House would have the resources to manage something like this.

So the questions are, where did the clones come from? And where is Kwon now?"

• 1 month later...

THE TOWER

Vaughn flew around the impenetrable tower and saw no way in then as his circumference was completed and he came back to where he had started he saw an open doorway in the wall. It hadn't been there before. The bird landed and Vaughn stood in it's place in his humanoid form, he walked into the tower.

Through empty corridors and rooms up staircases and across landing he walked. The interior was very complete, very European, which was surprising considering Kwons ancestry. There were suits of medieval armor, racks of medieval weapons, Shields bearing coats of arms on the walls. it was all so very surreal.

Vaughn came to a room the door swung open as he approached music could be heard. the room was the size of a ballroom and there were dozens of people, all of them masked, dancing to some obscure 18th century waltz. At the far end of the room Kwon stood holding two glass of champagne. He raised one as an offering to Vaughn.

• 2 weeks later...

"Thank you, but no." Vaughn politely declined, not wanting to take a chance with whatever code was in that champagne. He didn't know what Kwon's motives were in letting him in, whether or not this behavior represented a trap or just calm assurance on Kwon's part. "Sigmund Kwon, I presume. Or, I'm sorry, you to be addressed as the Necromancer now? I recognize the spirit behind it, but a bit dramatic, don't you know?"

Ryan listened, and nodded.   "I have a compatriot who is trying to ascertain the answer to the second question as we speak.   As he's not reported in for some time, I cannot really say.  I will Share what I learn from him when he reports in however.    What I am prepared to say is that my own house has committed significant resources to his recovery,  and that is why I'm here."

"So all the bodies in the first car were clones?  Is there a recording of them boarding the train?  The child clone is another anomaly as you said.  It shouldn't be possible and by forking that many time there were likely a fair amount of errors. "

• 1 month later...

Archived