Level 1: Mecha and Monsters

Justin OOC

Ryan chuckled, but whatever comment was on his mind stayed there as the Gamemaster spoke.   "It's been only six hours since you left, so you're all free to go home, except you Ryan."   The older teen just looked at him.  "You've been gone a year Ryan, everyone thinks your dead.   More than that, you were in that world for over 4 years, you don't look at all like you did before you left."

"So I can't go home to my family."

"No, son, there's no home to go back to.   Your family moved away six months ago.  It was sentimental on my part, but I bought your home, and have maintained it as mine.   Your things are gone, but If you wish to stay there, then it is the least I can do for you."

Ryan seemed sad for the first time they'd known him.  "Alright, but just for awhile.  I gotta get used to this, being alive when they think I'm dead.   Will I ever be able to see them?"

The Gamemaster looked at him squarely.  "Only time will tell."

He sighed, and Ryan looked to the other three players.  "You three should all go home too.  There's no telling when we'll be called again, so let's enjoy this time home."   He gave them a small smile.  "We don't have to be strangers here, we can always get ahold of each other thanks to the phones."

After hearing what this had cost Ryan, the other three were mostly mute, the implications weren't lost on any of them. Their lives as the Gamemaster's players were only just beginning, and while they did gain from it, they could stand to lose from it just as much.

Ends this chapter, 10 cp for everyone

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived