Aberrant: Dave's Toy Box

Dave ST

So, I've been playing Aberrant for... longer than I'd like to admit.  Through out the years, like most people, I've adapted my own rules and systems and for the most part they've worked out for me.  So, what have I done?  Well I'll post a few for starters:

1. Every (Q5 or below) Aberrant has the potential for a 15 die pool (Att + M-Att + Power Rating) when it comes to power uses.  I discovered this was less so for defenses.  I changed the defenses so they all calculate out to the potential for a 15 die pool. (Att + M-Att + Relevant Defensive Ability).  Willpower was no longer used to resist mental attacks, for example.
2.  Endurance and Resistance.  Completely redundant.  I got rid of Endurance and replaced it with Integrity (under the Wits Attribute).  Resistance is used to resist any and all physical conditions from poisons, to holding your breath, diseases, and powers that require a physical resistance check (like Disorient).  Integrity is used to resist any any all mental impairments, like psychological torture, fast-talking, seduction, and any mental power assault (like Domination).  Now when you are assaulted by physical or mental powers, you have the potential for a 15 die defensive pool that balances out their potential 15 die offensive pool.
3. I differentiated between Physical/Energy Soak and Mental Soak.  Wits is used to calculate mental soak using the same formula as Stamina, so if you have a Wits of 5 your mental soak is 2L/5B.  Mega-Wits does the same for you mental soak as Mega Stamina does, using the same table for soak listed under M-Stam.  When you are attacked by a mental attack, you know exactly what your soak is and there no question what powers protect you and which ones do not.  You also don't have to rely on a completely useless Willpower score to protect you from successes generated from high rated Mega-Atts.

There are many more, which I'm hoping through the use of this thread you will come to like and enjoy for use in your own games.  I want to make it clear though that these rules have worked for me and my group of players, but they are not in any way flawless.  No one's paying me to make a perfect a system, so I didn't make one.  If you read something and decide it's not right, or you don't like it... simply don't use it.  Don't waste key strokes telling me 'that's not right, it doesn't work for Aberrant' when what you really mean is, it doesn't work for you in your Aberrant game.  I can assure you, these rules have been used for years at our table, and they work.  They work well.  For us.  I hope they do the same for you.

Wen it came to powers I borrowed heavily from Aberrant d20.  I'll wait while you all stop booing and hissing.  Seriously though, hear me out.  We all know that Aberrant d20 was a douche propelled shit missile straight into the heart of Aberrant.  But, I don't discount anything out of hand, so I borrowed some things and cast aside others until I got something balanced that worked for the game I was trying to run.  Here's a few things I stole:

1. Extras do not need to always be used when the power is activated.  They instead add to the cost of activating that power.
2. I did away with the standard cost of powers.  The 1QP, 2QP, 3QP scale was just lazy on the designers part and I used the method presented in d20 Aberrant, giving each power a separate cost with Level 3 powers being rather costly at times while Level 1 powers are less so.

Why the different cost per power?  Tell me if you've played this game: Everyone makes a character, you all sit down to play, and 20 sessions later... not a single one of you has needed to purchase a larger Quantum Pool.  If not, then congrats.  Unfortunately, I have been in that game.  Using this method we found that some of us were okay with lower pools, while others needed to invest in a larger pool to support the added costs tacked on when we maintained powers with a lot of extras.  In the end it turned out to be a great way to develop characters.

I'll start with Powers, since that is usually what everyone seems to give a shit about.  I'll be posting them alphabetically, and not all at once in case people want to discuss some of the changes I've made or why I've made them.  Keep in mind, if you like this set up, feel free to use them.  All I've done is combine formats between d10 and d20 Aberrant into a set of write ups that work for me.  Also, keep in mind that there will probably be typos and the occasional contradiction.  I'm not claiming these are perfect, it's from a document I made sometime back and probably just never edited a change after we ran into it in game.

I'll do each power in its own post, so you can copy and paste it into your own document at home if you're so inclined.

Absorption
Level: 2
Quantum Minimum: 1
Dice Pool: Stamina + Absorption
Manifestation Time: Reflexive
Range: Personal
Area: N/A
Target: You
Duration: Quantum + Absorption/turns
Power Points: 1 (see text)
Multiple Actions: No

Description: You can absorb damage and even convert it into Strength. This may be applied either to energy damage (e.g., fire, quantum bolt) or physical damage (e.g., force, punches, bullets); specify the type of energy when you choose the power.

Effect: When you are hit with an attack of the type you can absorb, you may choose to adsorb some or all of the effect. Doing so takes no time, may be applied before or after your normal soak, and you may do it even if you've already gone for the turn; you need not declare that you will use Absorption until after an attack has hit you and done damage.

Each success rolled on a Stamina + Absorption roll subtracts one heath level of damage from the attack and you must pay one quantum point per health level absorbed. Every two health levels of damage absorbed are converted into one extra dot of strength; if above ten dots in strength they become dots in Mega-Strength, up to your dots in the Absorption power.

However, extra dots of strength gained from Absorption don't last forever. They fade at the rate of one point per (Quantum + Absorption) turns. At the ST's option, Absorbed dots may increase an attribute other than strength, such as stamina, dexterity, or quantum bolt.

You may not absorb more power than is available. The ST will rule how much power can be drained from common objects or events. Like a house hold appliance never possess more that a single point of strength while a raging bonfire may contain two or three points.

Extras
Extended Effect: Dots of strength gained from Absorption last for one scene. Cost: 2 pp.
Energy Magnet: You can absorb energy from a nonliving source at a range of (Quantum x 30 feet). If absorbed from a non-sentient source (such as a fire or an electrical socket), no roll is required save the one needed to determine how much power is actually absorbed. If used against a sentient source, such as another nova, you roll Manipulation + Absorption to succeed with your attempt, then roll Stamina + Absorption dice to to determine how much energy you absorb. Cost: 2 pp.

I was asked about the Extras.

The Extras function just like Extras do (read the Core Book, these Extras are in there).  So if I have Absorption (Level 2 Power) and I add Extended Effect to it, it is now a Level 3 power.  I do not have to make use the Extra and let the Strength dots fade at their normal rate OR I can activate the Extra when I activate the power and the Strength dots will last me one entire scene, but the activation cost increases by 2 points.

Example: The Sponge is attacked by an effect that he can absorb that is 4HLs in strength.  He decides to use Absorption, and has the Extended Effect extra, to negate the damage and keep the point of Strength for an entire scene.  The Extra adds 2 points to the cost.  He rolls and absorbs all 4HLs of damage (costing him 4 Quantum Points).  In total he has spent 6 Quantum Points (or Power Points, as we called them) and has gained +2 to his Strength score for the next scene.

If the Sponge wasn't concerned about the extra Strength points and just wanted to negate the damage he could have just spent the 4 Quantum Points, gained the strength, and let it fade at the normal rate.  Having the Extra on the power doesn't force him to use it with every activation.

Animal/Plant Mastery
Dice Pool: Manipulation + Animal/Plant Mastery*
Manifestation Time: 1 action
Range: 1 mile per dot in Animal/Plant Mastery
Area: Varies, usually (Quantum x 30 foot-radius)
Effect: One or more creatures or plants in range; see text
Duration: Quantum + Animal/Plant Mastery/Turns
Power Points: 2
Description: You can communicate with animals or plants, and can even direct them to action.

Effect: Choose between animal mastery and plant mastery when you select the power. The GM may assign specific personalities to creatures and plants based upon their natures — lions and tigers might seem regal; poison ivy may act sarcastic and snide; antelopes may seem nervous and edgy; rats excitable and shifty; a cactus might be laconic and unflappable; and so on.

Animal Mastery: You understand the intent of any mundane noises that animals and vermin make (though you may not be able to respond in kind). In addition, you can influence a number of creatures up to (Quantm + Animal/Plant Mastery )x2. If there are more potential targets than you can affect, you choose them one at a time. Larger or predatory animals (rhinos, elephants, lions, tigers) are usually considered two (or more) creatures. Each target is subject to the following:
You can engage in telepathic dialogue with each target as long as it is in line of sight.
Each target regards you as a trusted friend and ally.

You can emit a telepathic call to summon a particular animal or vermin up to a total number equal to your (Quantum + Animal/Plant Mastery) score. If the animal or type of animal is within the power’s range, it rushes to you at its best speed (providing it's able).

You cannot control the target as if it were an automaton, but it perceives your wishes in the most favorable way. An affected creature never obeys suicidal or obviously harmful orders, but it might be convinced that something very dangerous is worth doing. Any act by you or your apparent allies that threatens the target breaks the power's effect.

Plant Mastery: You can understand and communicate with plants in the same manner as described for animals under animal mastery, Rather than calling plants, you can imbue targeted flora with mobility and a semblance of life. Each animated plant may then attack whomever or whatever you designate initially as though it were an actual creature. You may animate a number of plants equal to your (Quantum + Animal/Plant Mastery) x2. Like animals, larger plants may considered more 'slots' for how many you can control. For example a character may be able to control dozens of tulips or daisies, but animating a massive redwood tree might be considered five or more single plants. You can change the designated target or targets in place of your movement for a turn, as if directing an active power. When a plant is no longer under your control it immediately takes whatever position it was in before the power was used on it (trees return upright, flowers perk up towards the sun, etc.)

Alternatively, you may call upon plants in a (Quantum x 30 foot radius) spread to entwine around creatures in the area. Each creature can break free and move half its normal speed by beating you in a (Manipulation + Plant Mastery) against the target's (Strength + Might). Your Mega-Manipulation dots cancel out Mega-Strength dots on a one for one basis (dots used to cancel out other dots may not be used as part of the initial roll), allowing the most powerful Plant Controllers to hold even the strongest novas in place. An opponent that succeeds on a (Dexterity + Athletics) roll, using the same rules above, is not entangled but can still move at only half speed through the area and it makes hyper or enhanced movement impossible. Each round on your turn, the plants once again attempt to entangle all creatures that have avoided or escaped entanglement previously, this effect is automatic and does not count as an action your turn.

Plant mastery cannot affect nonliving vegetable material.

Extras
Nature Mastery: You possess both animal and plant mastery, and can direct both fauna and flora at the same time. Cost: 2 pp.
*Changed the core attribute from Perception to Manipulation.

Armor
Manifestation Time: One Movement
Dice Pool: N/A
Duration: Maintenance (Quantum + Armor/turns)*

Description: You have some form of natural physical defense. This typically relates to your powers in some way — a chitinous dermal layer if you have insect-like powers, interlocking metal plates if you control metal, or even a sheet of “living ice” if you manipulate cold. However, special effects are not required; it's possible for you to simply be more durable than normal and still look the same as always.

Effect: For each dot of Armor, you may add +3 to both your Bashing and Lethal soak totals. You may vary the ratio of the protection your armor provides, assigning more to bashing and less to lethal or vice versa, but the power must be turned off for an entire turn and reactivated for the allocation to take place.

Extras

Super-Heavy Armor: You may fortify your armor for a scene, becoming nigh-impenetrable. While so fortified your armor grants +4 extra soak against bashing and lethal attacks (instead of +3, not in addition to), and the difficulty to hit you is increases by one per dot you possess in the Armor power. However, you lose three points from your initiative (minimum of 1), two from your walking speed and five from your running/sprinting speed. You also lose one from all dexterity based die pools. Cost: 2 pp.

Permanent: The power’s effect cannot be turned off. Because it cannot be turned off, the protection it provides is fixed and cannot be adjusted. It costs no power points to maintain and taking this Extra does not increase the power's level by one. Cost: 0 pp.

*Made Armor a maintenance power by default and Permanent an Extra. The Permanent extra in this case does not increase the power's level by one because the character in trading off versatility for constant defense. The trade offs cancel each other out, making this one of the few exceptions to the +1 power level rule.

Bioluminescence
Level: 1
Dice Pool: Stamina + Bioluminescence
Range: Varies
Area: Spherical emanation (Quantum x 10-ft. radius)
Duration: 10 min. per success
Power Points: 1
Description: You can emit visible light; it’s insufficient to blind someone, but it’s perfect for illuminating dark places.

Effect: The light you radiate is in the visible spectrum and is the equivalent of a clear day in intensity. The method in which bioluminescence manifests depends on your powers — anything from an eerie eldritch flame to an angelic glow to a ball of fire. For one additional power point, you can project a beam of light like a flashlight with a range of (15 feet per success).

Extras
Increased Spectrum: You extend the illumination range into the infrared and ultraviolet. Cost: 1 pp

So, here's a fun use for a grossly under rated power... using the ultraviolet light spectrum makes invisible objects appear... sorta.  They cast shadows thanks to the UV spectrum.  Using the IR spectrum allows you to pin point targets with heat emissions... also like invisible novas.

Body Modification
Level: N/A
Manifestation Time: N/A (see text)
Duration: Permanent
Power Points: 1 or 0 (see text)
Multiple Actions: N/A
Description: Your body is changed in some permanent fashion — anything from color-changing skin to an extra limb to a series of dorsal spikes.

Effect: The modification chosen is permanent and costs no power points to maintain or use, unless noted otherwise. Some body modifications have a limit to the number of times they may be purchased, that number is given in the explanation of the modification. Some common modifications are listed below along with their nova point or experience point cost to acquire them; new options are subject to GM approval.

Adhesive Grip: (2 nova points/4 experience points) You bond with surfaces through some physical or ionic means; this allows you to travel on vertical surfaces or even ceilings as well as a spider does. You may move across those at your normal walking speed, but you cannot use your run speed while climbing. You cling to surfaces at your normal Might rating. You retain your normal defenses while climbing or adhering. You must have your hands free and uncovered to climb in this manner (or have glove made from eufiber).

Chromatophores: (1 nova point/3 experience points) You can change the color of your skin, much like a chameleon or a squid can. You gain three bonus dice on stealth skill rolls to hide as long as you are almost naked or wearing attuned eufiber when this power is active. It costs 1 power point to activate chromatophores for (Quantum) turns; you may change colors and basic patterns at will during this time.

Extra Limbs: (1 nova point/3 experience points) You have an additional limb — an arm, tail or tentacle, most commonly — that sprouts from a location of your choice. This limb has the same reach, degree of deftness and muscle power as your non-dominant hand.

Extra Health Levels: (1 nova point/3 experience points) You have more health levels, perhaps because of redundant organs or just being hardier than others. Each purchase of this modification grants you either one extra 'Bruised' health level or two extra 'Maimed' health levels. You may purchase each option a number of times equal to your stamina score.

Gills: (1 novapoint/3 experience points) You can breathe underwater freely.

Spines: (2 nova points/6 experience points) Your body has spikes or even natural sharp edges (for instance, if you’re made of living crystal). The spines change your clinches, holds and tackles to lethal damage and inflict an amount of lethal damage equal to the attacker's damage dice pool (maximum of 10 dice) on anyone contacting the nova with a Brawl or Martial Arts attack. This damage is slashing or piercing, depending on the type of spines.

Tendril: (1 nova point/3 experience points) You can extrude a physical or energy manifestation in the shape of a tentacle, whip, flagellum or other similar “limb.” The tendril extends up to (Quantum x3 feet) and inflicts Strength +4B damage (or Strength +2L; players choice). If the tendril is made of energy or some other unusual substance, it's damage is Quantum +4B or Quantum +2L. Like all energy-based attacks, you must specify what sort of energy the tendril is made from.

Webbed Extremities: (1 nova points/3 experience points) Your hands and/or feet are webbed, allowing you to swim at double your running speed.

Wings/Patagia: (3 nova points/6 experience points) You grow a pair of leathery bat wings or feathered bird wings (alternately, you grow a flap of skin that stretches between your side and your arms). You can glide in a controlled fall at up to your normal running pace. You can fly only if you actually possess wings, but not nearly as fast as with the Flight power; your flight speed is equal to your running speed.

*Placed a limit on the number of time 'Extra Health Levels' could be purchased. Gave 'Wings' a flight ability, but much slower than the flight power.

Bodymorph
Quantum Minimum: 3
Dice Pool: Stamina + Bodymorph
Duration: Maintenance
Multiple Actions: Yes
Description: You transform into a specific type of matter or energy — rock, fire, wind, computer chips and circuitry, etc.

Effect: Bodymorph is a powerful ability possessed by only a few novas. It allows you to transform your body into a specific type of matter or energy. Choose the form of matter or energy when you first take the power. A form grants certain special “form benefits” and “form specific” Level 1 and Level 2 quantum powers that are active with bodymorph. When you transform, all Bodymorph powers activate simultaneously when you pay the quantum cost.

You may transform yourself automatically. However, your dots in this power define how effective the change is. It is up to you to define where your dots are allocated, subject to ST approval, but once they are defined, they can not be changed.

If you wish to use Bodymorph as a defense against an incoming attack (for example, turning to flame to avoid eing damaged by a flame blast), you may do so. You do not need to have an action available, but it's easier if you do. If you do not have a delayed available the you must spend a point of Willpower as well. Roll your Stamina + Bodymorph. Even a single success allows you to assume your alternate form in time to absorb some of the force of the attack, and each success on the roll reduces the damage the attack inflicts by one health level.

The list below offers some standard form options; you may invent your own or suggest alternate benefits with the ST’s approval. All bodymorph powers activate simultaneously when you pay the power points to transform.

Air/Gas: Form Benefits: You move through air at your normal running speed (you move vertically at half this rate); gain +1 soak against physical damage, the benefits of the Flexibility enhancement and gain the use of the Asphyxiation combat maneuver. Form-Specific Powers: Density Control (Decrease), Poison, Flight or the Storm technique (you become a whirling tornado in your immediate vicinity).

At least one Bodymorph dot must be assigned to Density Control (Decrease).

Energy: Form Benefits: You inflict lethal damage with unarmed attacks and attacks directed at at you incur a +1 difficulty penalty to strike her; absolute invulnerability to the energy form you morph into. Form-Specific Powers: Density Control (Decrease), Force Field, Immolate, or Magnetic Mastery (EMP).

These are guidelines only; many of the techniques listed under Elemental Anima are suitable for Bodymorph powers. However, all Bodymorph powers are available only when you are transformed.

Hard Solid (metal, stone, etc.): Form Benefits: You inflict lethal damage with unarmed attacks, and all attacks directed at you are at +1 difficulty; if you do not already possess it, you gain all the benefits of the Durability enhancement as well. Form-Specific Powers: Armor, Claws or Density Control (Increase).

Liquid/Amorphous: Form Benefits: You can breathe without penalty in water and can move through water at twice your running speed; gains the benefits of the Flexibility enhancement and may use the Asphyxiation combat maneuver. Form-Specific Power: Density Control (Decrease), Poison, Immolate (if you turn into acid, for example).

At least one dot of Bodymorph dot must be assigned to Density Control (Decrease).

Extras
Link: You can purchase a power or enhancement that functions only when this power is active, much like a form specific power. You can buy an enhancement even if you don’t qualify for it's purchase (like becoming air/wind and using thunderclap even though you don't possess Mega-Strength). When purchased this way, your dots in Bodymorph substitute your dots in the appropriate Mega-Attribute (for resolution of Thunderclap, for example). You have no access to any linked powers or enhancements if Bodymorph is not active. Cost: A power or enhancement purchased as a Bodymorph link costs one power point less than normal to use (minimum of one point).

Boost
Quantum Minimum: 2
Dice Pool: Quantum + Boost
Range: Personal (see extras)
Target: You (see extras)
Multiple Actions: No*
Description: You can infuse your body with quantum energy to increase an attribute temporarily.

Effect: You may temporarily increase an Attribute. Roll Quantum + Boost. Each success adds one dot to the Attribute. Once you reach your Baseline Attribute limit (usually 5) additional successes roll over to a Mega-Attribute gain, up to your maximum Mega-Attribute limit (usually 5). The added dots fade at the rate of one per (Quantum + Boost) turns, and the power may only be used once per scene. You must define which ability gains the benefit of this power when you select boost; it cannot be changed thereafter.

Extras:
Extended Effect: The duration of Boost lasts for an entire scene. Cost: 2
Extra Attribute: You may select an additional Attribute and both are affected simultaneously when you activate Boost. Cost: 2
Affect Others: You can touch another person and Boost their attribute instead of your own. This does count as your one use of the power for the scene. Baseline's affected by this power may gain Mega-Attributes for the powers' duration. Cost: 1

* Changed the Multiple Actions tag from 'Yes' to 'No'. The power can only be used once per scene, so trying it again after a failure (or garner a better success) or splitting your dice pools is rather moot.

• 4 weeks later...

Claws
Description: You can grow claws, talons or similar natural weapons — maybe even a field of hissing quantum energy that springs into being around your hands!
Effect: When used in close combat, Claws converts the bashing damage caused by your normal punches and strikes into lethal damage. Further more you may roll one extra die per dot you possess Claws. Thus, a Strike by your character with Claws 3 would do Strength +2 (for the maneuver), +3 (for your Claws rating), for a total of Strength +5, lethal damage.

Extras: You may harness kinetic energy (or quantum energy) through your body and channel it through anything you touch. This allows you to add your Claws damage to ranged attacks as well (arrows, bullets, throwing knives, pebbles, etc.). Each use of this Extra costs you one power point to 'charge' the object. Cost: 1

Clone
Level:
Quantum Minimum: 5
Dice Pool: Stamina + Clone
Manifestation Time: 1 full turn
Power Points: 3
Description: You use quantum energy to create an exact duplicate of yourself — with the same appearance, memories, basic capabilities and potentially even the same powers.
Effect: This power allows you to create a duplicate of yourself from ambient quantum molecules. To use it, roll Stamina + Clone. Success garners you with an exact duplicate of yourself. The clone takes one full turn to create, and you must do nothing else during that time (not even talk or move). It lasts until the power’s duration ends or until you subsume it back into yourself (subsuming the clone requires physical contact, and may perform no other action for the round, just as with creation). You gain the clone’s memories and experiences when you absorb it. A clone that is not recombined dissolves into nothingness as the energies forming it dissipate.

The clone has your personality and outlook, but it is loyal to you and is under your absolute command. It appears to be the same as you, but it has only your baseline statistics (No Quantum Score, Mega-Attributes, or Quantum Powers).

When you purchase this power you may select one technique listed below. Some of these techniques, like extras, increase the cost of activating the power, but allow you much more versatility in the quality of your clones. If they add to the powers activation cost, it will state such in its description. Every time you purchase a new dot in the Clone power you automatically gain a new technique as well. Unlike other suite powers, you may not attempt techniques that you don't know. With Clone, you either know it, or you don't.

Clone Fodder
Effect: Instead of a more “fleshed out” clone, you create a number of rudimentary duplicates equal to your Quantum + Clone. Each is little more than an automaton with an Intelligence of 2; other Attributes and Abilities are one-half your own (rounded up), and they are always considered Extras. These Clones may never benefit from Manifested Powers (see below).  Each is essentially an Extra under your control.

Empathic Connection
Range: (Quantum x10) Miles
Target: Any single clone
Effect: You can take a free action to sense the general mood and demeanor of one of your clones (happy, scared, hurt, etc.). In turn, you can project your emotional state at a clone in place of your movement for the turn — conveying danger, urgency, peace, and so on. Duplicates cannot sense the emotional states of one another.

Increase Duration
Duration: One Scene
Effect: Duplicates you create last longer than normal.

Manifest Powers
Target:
1 clone
Effect: When you create a duplicate, it gains your Quantum Score, Mega-Attributes and Quantum Powers (except for clone). Essentially it's an exact duplicate of you, and shares your quantum pool. You and your duplicate share the total amount of quantum points you are permitted to spend in a single round.

Multiples
Power Points: 1 per additional duplicate
Effect: In addition to the base clone, you can choose to create one additional duplicate for every success you achieved on the activation roll (to a maximum of Quantum + Clone). All duplicates share your quantum pool and you all share the expenditure limit on how many quantum points you can spend in a single turn.

*Like all Level 3 powers, I made Clone into a 'Suite Power', allowing more versatility with the power while sticking to the core rules. Creating non-powered duplicates may not seem appealing, but it allows the character to move about in multiple places while staying under other nova's 'ping' radar.

Cyberkinesis
Level: 3
Quantum Minimum: 4
Dice Pool: Variable
Manifestation Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch, or Special (Quantum + Cyberkinesis) x30 feet if unsure.
Targets: 1 terminal
Duration: See Below
Description: You can manipulate machines, particularly electronic machines and computers, with quantum power.
Effect: You can connect your consciousness directly to a site as long as you touch a portion of the target, which is designated a “terminal.” A terminal can be any electronic system — a personal computer, a web server, a video camera, an ATM, a keycode lock, a cell phone, etc. This may require an unarmed attack or grapple maneuver if the terminal has motive capability (e.g., a vehicle, a drone, in the possession of someone else, etc).

You can send your consciousness through a computer network, allowing you to affect a distant computer, if you can locate the machine at all (typically a Hacking feat). Doing so costs one Willpower, requires total concentration (no other actions) and raises the difficulty of the skill roll as follows:

Computer Affected          Time to Accomplish          Difficulty
Same Network                   Three Turns                    +1
Same City                         One Minute                    +2
Same Continent                 10 Minutes                     +3
Transcontinental                60 Minutes                     +4

You must remain in physical contact with the terminal at all times in order to use your techniques. You may use only one technique at a time, except for network.

Your session ends if you lose physical contact with the terminal. You may connect via a wireless device, in which case your session ends if you lose contact with the wireless device itself or your device loses the wireless signal (like someone turning off the network in China you are currently hacking from your cellphone... in Detroit).

Cyberkinesis is a 'Suite Power'. When you purchase this power you may select one technique listed below. Every time you purchase a new dot in the Cyberkinesis power you automatically gain a new technique as well. You may attempt other techniques, but you have to pay double the quantum cost and roll against a +1 difficulty to activate those the technique. Techniques include:

Alter Data
Dice Pool: Intelligence + Cyberkinesis
Area: 1 terminal
Duration: Concentration
Effect: With a successful Intelligence + Cyberkinesis roll, you can alter, read or remove existing data or insert or create new information permanently, up to 10 megabytes (MB) x Quantum score per turn (or 1GB of information every 75 seconds at Quantum 4, the minimum required to access Cyberkinesis. The average wireless connection transfers a Gig of data in about 112 seconds). For each success achieved on the Intelligence + Cyberkinesis roll beyond the first, this time is cut in half.

Control
Dice Pool:
Manipulation + Cyberkinesis
Area: 1 machine
Effect: You take control of a machine with electronic, mechanical or hydraulic parts. The number of successes achieved on a Manipulation + Cyberkinesis roll indicates the 'Strength' of your control. If the machine (or it's driver, or operator) tries to counteract the control, they must beat your threshold 'Strength' in a resisted action to resolve the situation. If you are battling another Cyberkinetic for control of the same device, you two oppose each other with standard Manipulation + Cyberkinesis rolls.

Example: You roll seven successes in an attempt to control a target vehicle. The driver, trying to turn the wheel, apply the brake, etc. must beat your seven successes to get the vehicle back under their control. The skill roll is whatever the ST deems the most appropriate for the situation (most likely Drive in this case).

Fool
Dice Pool: Manipulation + Cyberkinesis
Area: 1 device
Effect: You can alter images and/or sounds in sensors, security systems or communications devices. The number of successes achieved on a Manipulation + Cyberkinesis roll indicaes the 'Manipulation' rating of your deception. The ST will assign the device (or its user) a Perception rating; the more sophisticated and powerful the machine the greater its Perception. A 'Manipulation' vs. Perception resisted action then determines whether you trick the machine or not.

Network
Effect: You can use your cyberkinesis techniques on a number of terminals equal to your dots in the Cyberkinesis power. So if your Cyberkinesis rating is 3 you can control three drones at once, or one drone while hacking a corporate server and telling your fridge with the wireless connection to order more milk. Each device requires a separate use of a technique, so controlling three drones would require three separate activation of the Control Technique (costing you 9 quantum points).

Overload
Dice Pool: Wits + Cyberkinesis
Duration: (Quantum + Cyerkinesis) Turns or Instant
Effect: You overload the terminal for your power’s duration. The specific means can vary — electrical or electromagnetic surge, system error, forced shut down command, etc. If you achieve a particularly impressive roll on your Wits + Cyberkinesis (in the range of 5 to 7) the ST may determine that the system has suffered catastrophic failure and will need to be replaced.

Reprogram
Dice Pool: Intelligence + Cyberkinesis
Effect: Unlike changing data files with alter data, you use this technique to add to or rewrite the terminal’s programming in some fashion (changing passwords, resetting factory settings remotely, etc.). The changes are permanent until otherwise altered. The difficulty for your Intelligence + Cyberkinesis roll will be determined by the ST, depending on what sort of computer system your attempting to reprogram. A standard desktop computer would incur no penalty for example, while a highly defended military server would incur a penalty of three (or more).

Density Control
Level:
Dice Pool: Quantum + Density Control
Description: You can either decrease your density to the point that you can pass through solid barriers, or increase it to gain tremendous durability and mass.
Effect: When you first purchase this power, choose whether you can decrease or increase your density.

Increase: When you increase your density you become heavier, stronger, and tougher. Roll your Quantum and add a number of automatic successes equal to your Density Control rating, each success doubles your weight and adds one dot to your Strength attribute up to your baseline limit (usually 5). Once your Strength reaches its baseline limit any left over successes add to your Mega-Strength. Also, each success also earns you +1 to both your lethal and bashing physical/energy soak totals.

The extra Strength gained does not increase your jumping ability and the in many characters, the increase in density is accompanied by visible effects such as you turning to metal or stone, but the effect is not required.

Decrease: You can decrease your density without a roll. Each level of Density Control adds +1 to any difficulties made to to hit you with physical attacks except Area and Explosive attacks for as long as you keep the power active.

Density Decrease Effect

Reduced density; +1 dodge die; you may ooze or seep through cracks and other tiny openings at the rate of three inches per turn.

•• Greatly reduced density; +2 dodge die; reduce by half the damage you take from any physical attack (post soak), correspondingly reduce the effectiveness of your own attacks by half (post soak); you may ooze through cracks at the rate of 3 feet per turn.

••• You completely ignore to physical attacks; you are still affected normally by energy attacks and mental attacks. While intangible, you can walk through walls. Attacks such as Strobe (which affects your senses), and any power that affects the mind (like Mirage or Mental Blast), still affect you even though you are intangible. You still need to breathe, so you cannot walk through the entire Earth and you can still take damage from attacks such as gases unless you also possess the Adaptability enhancement. While intangible, you cannot affect the tangible world in any way – you can not fire a gun, handle an object, punch someone, or do anything of the sort. +3 dodge dice.

•••• Still completely intangible (as Density Control •••), you now only take half damage from energy attacks (post soak). +3 dodge dice.

••••• You are now completely intangible (as Density Control •••) to all forces (Physical and Energy) except mental attacks. You can now spend an action to turn parts of your body solid, enabling you to attacks with a solidified fist, foot, etc. Your attackers may target your solidified parts, but at normal targeting penalties. +3 dodge dice. It should be noted that solidifying a part, attacking with said part, and decreasing your density all in the same turn requires three actions with all the appropriate penalties.

Extras
Full Control: You can both increase and decrease your density (not at the same time, because that would be stupid). Cost: 2 pp.
Affects Others: You can affect the density of persons or objects by touching them and rolling Manipulation + Density Control. An unwilling target may roll Stamina + Resistance to resist. An object (not person) made super dense gains extra soak and weight while an object made less dense loses soak (2-4 soak at •-••) or even becomes completely intangible (•••+). Cost: 2 pp.

Disintegration
Level:
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Disintegration
Range: Touch*
Area: Special
Target: 1 creature or object
Duration: Instantaneous
Description: You can disintegrate — or otherwise destroy utterly — anything!
Effect: Pay the quantum point cost and roll Dexterity + Disintegration (your power activation roll is considered your attack roll to touch the target). Your successes, plus a number of automatic successes equal to your Quantum, is the number of levels of aggravated damage the attack inflicts.

Disintegration affects even objects constructed entirely of force such as the protection provided by the Force Field power. This power ignores the protection Force Field provides.

* Reduced the powers Range to 'Touch'. Gave the power the ability to breech any effects that relied on Force.

Disorient [Mind Effecting]

Range: (Quantum + Power Rating) x 30 feet
Target: 1 person/creature
Description: You cause a target to become confused, weakened, disoriented and unable to take action effectively.
Effect: The effect can be physical (inducing nausea or pain) or mental (creating hallucinations), depending on how your powers are defined. You must choose whether your disorient power has a physical or mental manifestation when you purchase the power, and it may not be changed later.

Roll your Manipulation + Disorient and add a number of automatic successes equal to your Quantum score, this sets the threshold for the power. The target opposes this with a Stamina + Resistance (if physical) or Wits + Integrity (if mental) roll. Each net success reduces all of the target's dice pools by one for the duration of the power. If any of your targets dice pools are reduced to zero, they can not use that ability or power at all unless they spend a Willpower point and even then, they may only use that dice pool at half it's effective rating for a single turn. The target makes a reflexive resistance roll (using the pool described above) each turn on their initiative. When their total successes equal the threshold for the power's activation, the effects ends and they recover immediately (and they are usually very irate).

*I feel I made this power far more manageable and useful.  Prior to the changes one could simply negate the entire power's effects with a simple Willpower expenditure, which most STs did, much to the irritation of their players.

Disrupt
Dice Pool: Intelligence + Disrupt
Range: (Quantum + Disrupt) x 30 feet
Target: 1 person/creature
Description: You can inhibit another nova’s ability to channel quantum energy, limiting or even suppressing access to her powers for a period of time.
Effect: With this power you can disrupt another nova's control over any quantum power (but not Mega-Attributes or Enhancements). Roll your Intelligence + Disrupt and spend the appropriate amount of quantum points. Your target resists with a Quantum + Node x2 roll (half the Node ice for this roll are considered 'Mega' dice and can should be treated as such). Each net successes you achieve over your target reduces one of their powers by one dot. If reduce a power of theirs to zero dots, they may not use that power for as long as you continue to maintain Disrupt.

Disrupt may affect any one power at a time but without an extra you may not affect multiple powers at once. It is difficult to use Disrupt multiple times in succession against the same target, each subsequent use of Disrupt against the same target incurs a +1 difficulty penalty.

Extras
Extra Power: Each activation of this power allows you to target any two powers of your choice. Cost: 2
Weaken: You may target Mega-Attributes with Disrupt. Cost: 2

Domination [Mind Effecting]
Dice Pool: Manipulation + Domination
Range: (Quantum + Domination) x 30 feet.
Target: One living creature
Description: You project your quantum consciousness upon a sentient target’s brainwaves. With sufficient control, you can make a victim do anything your mind can imagine.
Effect: To Domination, spend the necessary quantum points and roll Manipulation + Domination. In a resisted action against the target's Wits + Integrity. If you achieve more successes, you succeed in achieving control. The degree of control depends upon how many net successes you have left over from the victim's resistance roll as follows:

Successes Command Intensity
One          Minor/Quirky: Blink, eat a bug, wear a particular outfit.
Two          Major/Noteworthy: Do your chores for you, buy lunch for someone they hate.
Three         Complex/Antithetical: Worship a foreign god; follow a complicated set of commands (“Fill out this form, mail it to Wilkes-Bare, PA from Boise, Idaho, and after doing so, take out a full-page newspaper ad which reads...”); attack (or refrain from attacking) whomever you indicates in combat.
Four         Total Control: Commit Suicide; perform any task, no matter how difficult or vile.

After control has been achieved, a target affected by Domination rolls their Willpower to resist commands that are issued to them. If they succeed at the roll they may spend a point of Willpower to reduce the effectiveness of the control by one step. For example, a person dominated at the three success mark (Complex) is told to shoot a friend. She attempts a Willpower roll at normal difficulty and succeeds, she may now spend a point of Willpower to reduce the the effect to Major. She summons up enough strength of will to turn the gun aside and shoot the wall instead of her comrade. The next round she is issued another command and the strength of the Domination is still three (Complex) and the process begins again...

In order to use Domination, you must be able to communicate with the subject – Domination is not inherently “telepathic.” If the target is too far away to hear commands or can not understand a command for some reason, even Total Control may be rendered useless.

Extras
*Hypnosis: You can implant a long-term command to occur any time within the power’s duration, which increases to 1 day per level. The target may make a Will save to resist once per day and once before performing the command. Total control is not possible with this extra, but the power otherwise functions as normal. Cost: 2 pp.
Parasitic Possession: Your body transforms to quantum energy that possesses the target’s central nervous system. While in possession you gain the victim's physical Traits, Appearance and nova abilities (if any) but you keep your own Mental Traits, Charisma, Manipulation, Willpower, and mental powers (if any). If the body dies while you are possessing it, you die as well. This power has a range of (Quantum + Domination) x 3 feet and requires you to make eye contact. Cost: 4 pp.
Telepathic Domination: You can communicate your commands to the target without need for speech (this also ignores any language barriers). The range is 1 mile per dot in Domination. Cost: 2 pp.

*Hypnosis was a rather unneeded power, since Domination was the same level, same cost, and didn't do nearly as much.  Although it costs a bit more, the effects of Hypnosis are more clearly defined as to how they function.

Elemental Anima
Dice Pool: Variable
Manifestation Time: 1 action (usually)
Range: See text
Effect: See text
Duration: See text
Power Points: See text
Description: You can project your quantum consciousness into a particular element or phenomenon — fire, sound, ice, electricity, darkness, water, etc. — allowing you to control and shape it to your will as a kind of “anima.”
Effect: Choose the anima you want when you select the power (subject to ST approval). A reasonable portion of the anima must be within (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 10 feet — flame from a fireplace, a steady breeze, a room in shadows — for you to build upon it to manifest various effects. As a general guide, the minimum element or phenomenon should cover a 5- foot area; the GM is the final arbiter of what is considered a reasonable portion. Only if you have the Elemental Mastery technique (see below) can you manifest these techniques without an existing source of anima.

The exact method of manifestation depends on the nature of the element you choose. Further, some techniques may not be appropriate to certain properties — you may get movement capability from fire or water powers, but it’s unlikely that you could get that benefit from darkness.

The listed techniques are common expressions of this power; pick two when you determine your anima and each dot increase in this power allows you to select one additional technique for free. You may purchase these techniques without raising the power if you choose, each new technique costs 12 experience points.

You may purchase this power more than once; each new elemental anima represents a different element or force.

Adjust Temperature
Range: 0
Area: Spherical emanation at point of activation (Quantum x Elemental Anima) x 30 feet
Effect: You may alter the temperature by 10 degrees for each dot you possess in Elemental Anima. No roll is required, but quantum points must be paid.

Alter Amount (Enhance/Diminish)
Dice Pool: Intelligence + Elemental Anima
Range: (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 30 feet
Area: Spherical emanation (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 30 foot radius
Effect: You increase or decrease the effect of your anima’s element or force in the area (e.g., brighten or dim light, increase or reduce a fire’s intensity), as indicated below. You may not alter your own quantum powers, but you may adjust the powers of a character with same element or force as your anima.

A target whose powers you want to adjust may negate the influence with a contested roll of your (Quantum + Elemental Anima) vs. their (Quantum + Power Rating); each net success reduces the target's power rating by one dot. If the power rating is reduced to zero, the target can not use their power for a number of turns equal to your power rating.

Effect Type                                   Result
Non-Damaging Effect*              Enhance by 25%/3 Power Points
                                            Diminish by 25%/2 Power Points
Damaging Effect                      Enhance by 2 die/3 Power Points
                                            Diminish by 2 die/2 Power Points
*Enhancing liquid to fill a space or diminishing air to create a vacuum may require those within the area to deal with the effects of drowning or suffocation (see “Suffocation and Drowning” p. 257).

Barrier (Wall)
Range: Special
Target: A wall whose area is (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 5 square feet.
Effect: You create an anchored plane formed from your anima. The barrier has a hardened armor rating equal to [Quantum + Elemental Anima], a Lethal and Bashing soak equal to (Quanutm + Elemental Anima) x 2, and a number of health levels equal to (Quantum x Elemental Anima). To destroy your barrier all of its health levels must be checked off. The barrier is (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 2 inches thick; you can double its area by halving its thickness.

Example: I have Quantum 4 and Elemental Anima 3.  I create a wall that is [7]14B/14L, 0x12 health levels. Hardened Armor means that an attack whose value is not greater than the Hardened Armor value, before modifiers, is completely ignored. So a heavy pistol in this case (5d10) could not inflict damage on the barrier at all. While a nova with Strength 4 and Mega-Strength 1 ([5]+4d10 = 9) could possibly inflict damage. Hardened Armor is not soak and does not reduce the value of an attack that does get past it. It's an all or nothing protection. So the Mega-Strong nova would pit their [5]+4d10 damage pool against a 14B/14L soak (after modifiers, maneuvers and all that were sorted).

The barrier is considered solid regardless of whether your anima is physical (ice, stone, wood) or energy (darkness, fire, wind). In the latter case, assume that the energy is of sufficient intensity as to prohibit any passage through (too hot, to thick or viscous, melts bullets, etc). (At the ST’s discretion, an energy form such as electricity or fire may inflict damage per round to creatures who come in contact with the barrier. In this case use the Immolate power to emulate this effect substituting Immolate as the power rating for Elemental Anima.)

A barrier can be created in simple shapes (curve, bridge, ramp, etc.). This requires a successful Engineering check. A span extending more than 20 feet over open space must be arched and buttressed, reducing the power’s area by half.

The barrier is stationary once created, although you can spend an action to move it with you as long as it remains connected to a solid surface (such as the ground). You may separate a barrier from a solid surface if it’s made of an energy anima, at the ST’s discretion.

A barrier can be destroyed by damage inflicted through conventional means or quantum powers (note that disintegration does not affect energy forms).

Blast/Lethal Blast
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Elemental Anima
Range: (Quantum + Power Rating) x 30 feet.
Effect: You shape, strengthen and redirect the anima into a powerful burst that inflicts [Quantum x 2] + (Elemental Anima x3) dice of bashing damage or [Quantum x2] + (Elemental Anima x2) dice of lethal damage. You select the type of damage (Lethal or Bashing) when you purchase his technique. Obviously, the blast matches your specific anima.

Crush
Range: (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 30 feet.
Area: 1 target
Duration: Instant
Effect: You slam or grapple a target with a quantity of the anima — an intense burst of wind, giant fire talons, a hand of stone that erupts from the ground, etc. Roll Dexterity + Elemental Anima. Each success allows you to move a target up to 30 feet (if you so desire). The target takes bashing damage equal to twice the successes rolled and their initiative is reduced by 1 per successes, on their next turn. This is an instantaneous effect.

Defense (Elemental Shield)
Dice Pool: Wits + Elemental Anima
Effect: Your anima stirs in a protective barrier that turns your element away, thus protecting you, and anyone directly adjacent to you, from the brunt of that element's effects. Roll Wits + Elemental Anima; each success counts as four bashing and lethal soak that apply only to attacks based on that element. This technique can be aborted to a defensive action.

Detonate (Sphere)
Area: (Qunatum + Elemental Anima) x 5 foot spherical spread
Effect: You fire a tiny chunk of the anima to detonate at a distance and height within the power’s range. It swells in size to fill the area, inflicting (Elemental Anima x3) dice of bashing or lethal damage (dependent on the element) in the listed radius. The anima determines the damage type — fire, sonic, force, water, darkness, wind, etc.

Elemental Mastery
Effect: You do not need an existing portion of your chosen anima to use other elemental anima techniques — you create whatever you require on the spot. You use this technique in conjunction with another elemental anima technique, spending the additional power points to generate the necessary element or phenomenon from quantum energy itself.

Imprison
Range: (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x30 feet.
Effect: Spherical emanation, centered around a creature
Effect: You confine a target within a globe or other basic geometric shape formed from the anima — a fiery sphere, a fist of air, sinking partway into solid rock. The confining element has a hardness equal to your Quantum score and Health Levels equal to your (Elemental Anima x Quantum). The prison possesses a bashing and lethal soak rating of (Quantum + Elemental Anima).

The sphere (or shape) can be moved physically either by people outside it or by the struggles of those within, rolling it or moving it outside the range of the power does nothing once it's activated as long as the power's user pays the maintenance cost or the prison is shattered. Nothing can pass through it — if the anima is a closed sphere or other three-dimensional shape, it is opaque or otherwise turbulent enough that it is impossible to get a clear sight inside — though the subject can breathe normally. Despite the what the prison might be made from, it does not harm the occupant, those on the outside however are left to ST discretion. Imprison is breached if the prison is reduced to 0 Health Levels.

Mobility (Propel)
Range: Self
Effect: You harness the anima’s force and direction to propel you through the air, water or earth as appropriate to the anima. Discuss with the ST the nature of the movement — wind to waft you through the air; fire to create a sustained thermal; stone to shape a tunnel through the ground; etc. Where and how you move depends on the anima; Mobility based on on fire would be like Flight, whereas Mobility based on water would work only in water and would function Flight but only underwater. Your speeds are (Elemental Anima x2) +60 feet per action, or (25 x Elemental Anima) miles per hour out of combat.

Shaping
Range: (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 15 feet
Target: Anima up to (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 5 square feet.
Duration: Varies (see below)
Effect: You may alter the shape of existing anima to suit your desire, whether geometric shapes (stone blocks, ice poles) or simple “sculptures” (fire-people, shadow statues). The ST may call for an Arts (Sculpture) skill check if you wish to create extremely detailed and beautiful shapes.

Solid anima (rock, metal, ice) that you shape is changed permanently. Non-solid anima (wind, water, fire, darkness, etc.) is changed for (Quantum + Elemental Anima) hours or until you cancel the effect; it then reverts to its original condition.

*Removed Shaping's ability to be used as an attack. While possible, it's something that can be duplicated from other powers in the suite so it doesn't need to be reiterated here.

Shield
Effect: You can create a protective barrier of the element around yourself. This barrier provides extra +2B/+2L soak per dot in Elemental Anima against attacks. For an extra power point, the Shield causes harm to anyone who touches it, inflicting a number of bashing damage equal to your Elemental Anima Rating. The Shield slightly obscures others' view of you, but it does not hamper your vision at all.

Storm
Area: Spherical spread (Quantum + Elemental Anima) x 15 feet.
Effect: You whip the anima into a frenzy within the target area, with the effect dependent upon the element or phenomenon — a firestorm, hailstones, bursts of sound, savage winds, tornadoes, ice patches, etc. Each turn, Storm typically inflicts two levels of damage (bashing or lethal depends on the element) per dot in Elemental Anima, reduces your opponent's dice pools by -2 (from whipping winds, fiery gouts or poor footing) and halves all movement and vision. Other effects are up to the ST and should be based on common-sense views of the effects of the element.

Element Chameleon
Description: Your physical form can take on the properties of any type of matter or energy that you touch.
Effect: This power is similar to bodymorph, except that you are not limited by a specific type of matter or energy and you must touch the substance you wish to emulate; however, you never suffer damage from making contact even if the substance normally causes harm (e.g., acid, fire). Choose matter or energy when you select the power; you may then change into any type of that available substance while the power is active (you only spend power points to activate element chameleon initially, not for each change). Touching the requisite substance may require a touch attack if it is not immobile; one net success on an attack that isn't successfully dodged or evaded is all that's required.

The specific benefits you gain depend on the substance, often including extra Strength, Soak, or damaging effects. Unfortunately, there are too many possibilities to cover adequately here. As a guideline, the ST can use bodymorph options most suitable for a substance chosen. Some general guidelines are: No substance may provide more damage or soak than the lower of 1)the substance's normal properties; 2) your Elemental Chameleon rating x3. No substance may provide more Strength dots than than your power rating. Exceptional levels of success may allow for modification of these guidelines (+1 increase per two successes beyond exceptional is an average guideline).

Choose technique when you first take the power; the rest are purchased with additional power dots as you gain in skill.

Additional Substance
Power Point: 1
Effect: You may change into both matter and energy based substances. Normally changing your substance costs you nothing as long as the power is maintained, however changing from your form from energy to matter or vice versa costs you one power point per change. Shifting from matter to matter or energy to energy still costs you nothing. This is a flat cost and does not adjust the maintenance cost of the power.

Adhesion
Effect: You can traverse vertical and even inverted surfaces in the same manner as body modification (adhesive grip). If matter based, you attune your extremities’ molecular composition to match the surface; if energy-based, you flow across the surface (roiling flame, arcs of electricity, etc.). You can use this technique to walk on water or other fluids, though it does not protect against the effects of fluids like acid or magma unless you have the properties of such substances at the time.

Multi-Element
Effect: You can take on the properties of more than one type of matter or energy at once. You can sustain up to one-half your Quantum score in different substances at once, which also requires spending three power points for each substance beyond the first. You must declare which portions of your body have the properties of each substance.

Phasing
Effect: By touching a physical or energy barrier — rock wall, wood floor, electrical field, etc. — and attuning your molecular composition to it, you can “phase” through it without harm. You move at half your walking speed and have no normal means of perception while within the object.

Individual novas modulate their powers instinctively, so this technique does not work against armor, force field or other powers that characters manifest, with the exception of the manifestations of elemental anima. It can be used against devices that emulate quantum power effects.

Reflexive Change
Power Points: 3 or 1; see text
Effect: This technique functions like the reflexive extra. Spend 3 power points if element chameleon is not yet active; otherwise, you can make a reflexive change with 1 power point. Handle the change like you would the Absorption power, save that you do not gain any additional boosts to your Strength score after it is resolved.

Empathic Manipulation [Mind-Affecting]
Level: 1*
Dice Pool: Variable (Integrity Resisted)
Range: (Quantum + Empathic Manipulation) x60 feet.
Target: 1 person (or animal)
Duration: Special
Description: You can detect and manipulate a single target’s emotions, making them far stronger or weaker, as you wish. While you can change a target’s emotional intensity, you have no control over what the target does. For instance, you could heighten a subject’s anger at the government into a blinding rage, but it’s up to her what she does next — it could be anything from a vitriolic letter-writing campaign to walking into the nearest courthouse with an automatic weapon blazing.
Effect: Sensing a target’s emotions (unless it's painfully obvious) requires a successful Perception + Empathic Manipulation in an opposed roll against the target's Wits + Integrity. A single net success on your part is enough for you to determine the target's emotional state and against whom that stated is directed. Alternately, you my spend time among the target in a typical social situation (carousing, for example), substitute a different, relevant die pool (Charisma + Rapport, for example) but this can take an hour or more, if you have that sort of time.

Manipulating those emotions requires a Manipulation + Empathic Manipulation roll, resisted by the target's Wits + Integrity. For each net success, you can adjust the target's emotions up or down on the following table by one step.

The target’s normal emotional state returns once the effect ends, though this may be dependent upon her circumstances at the time. Emotional changes brought on by this power last for a scene or so (20 minutes to an hour, in the case of weaker emotions) or as long as you concentrate on them and pay the quantum points per (Quantum + Empathic Manipulation) turns to maintain them (in the case of stronger emotions).

Listed are general emotional states; the ST may consider additional options.

Sadness/Hapiness: Not Sad/Not Happy <=> Sad/Happy <=> Depressed/Elated <=> Distraught/Ecstatic
Anger: Not Angry <=> Angry <=> Enaged <=> Berserk
Lust: Not Lustful <=> Interested <=> Desirous <=> Uncontrollable Lust
Love: Apathetic <=> Like <=> Love <=> Mad Love
Hate: Not Hateful <=> Dislike <=> Hatred <=> Blind Hatred
Jealousy/Envy: Not Jealous/Not Envious <=> Jealous/Envious <=> Greedy/Covetous <=> Blind Jealousy/Blind Envy

Extras: None

*Changed this power to Level 1, originally it was Level 2

• 1 month later...

Entropy Control
Dice Pool: Varies with technique
Range: Variable
Effect: Variable
Duration: Special
Power Points: Variable
Description: You can tap into, summon and manipulate entropy the same way other novas play with fire or ice.
Effect: With this suite of abilities you are a master of the forces of entropy that are always at work in the universe. This is a suite power, when you purchase your first dot in this power select one technique. As you gain dots in the power you may select one more technique with each dot.

Bioentropy Storm
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Entropy Control
Range: (Quantum + Entropy Control) x 30 feet.
Area: Spherical spread (Quantum + Entropy Control) x 15 feet.
Effect: You cause a sudden tumult of entropic effects relating to organic creatures — victims age, experience spontaneous injuries and suffer other biological breakdowns. Roll Dexterity + Entropy Control in an opposed contest against the victims' Stamina + Resistance; each net success inflicts one health level of lethal damage. Victims cannot soak this damage unless they have the Hardbody Mega-Stamina enhancement.

Breakdown
Dice Pool: Intelligence + Entropy Control
Range: (Quantum + Entropy Control) x 30 feet.
Target: 1 mechanical object
Effect: Make a check with the above dice pool in an opposed action against the devices 'Stamina', if successful, you cause the targeted machine or other inorganic device to stop functioning as some part of it breaks, wears out or loses power. The object is not destroyed, but it is nonfunctional until repaired. The ST should determine the devices Stamina ratings for these purposes. The more complex or technologically advanced a machine is, the lower it's Stamina – it's hard to use Breakdown on a simple object or one with few moving parts, but the more complicated a device becomes, the more opportunities there are for entropy to gain a foothold.

Entropic Shield
Dice Pool: Stamina + Entropy Control
Effect: You surround yourself with a field of entropic energy. This field heightens the entropic reactions within any incoming attack (especially those based on physical objects, such as bullets), thus disrupting and weakening them. Each success achieved on a Stamina + Entropy Control roll grants you an extra soak against Bashing and Lethal damage. This extra soak does not apply to attacks from living matter, such as fists or animal.

Probability Corruption
Dice Pool: Intelligence + Entropy Control
Range: (Quantum + Power Rating) x 15 feet
Target: 1 target
Effect: This technique allows you to cause the forces of entropy to overwhelm a single target, making it more likely that he will fail disastrously. To use it, roll Intelligence + Entropy Control. Each success achieved results in a loss of one die (or automatic success) for all rolls made by the target. Additionally the target will botch a roll if he rolls no successes and any die come up a 1 or 2. These negative effects last as long as you pay the maintenance cost.

ESP
Dice Pool: Perception + ESP
Range: (Perception + ESP) x 60 feet
Description: You attune to the ambient quantum flow to sense things at distances far removed from your physical location.
Effect: To use ESP, you roll Perception + ESP, spend the quantum points and concentrate on a “focus point” somewhere within the power's range. You can sense from that focus point as if you were standing right there. Thus, this power is perfect for 'seeing through walls' or otherwise spying on people.
Successes
          Clarity of Perception
One                   Very hazy, as though sensing through fog; one
sense (sight, hearing, etc.) only.
Two                   Blurred, one sense; or very hazy, all normal senses.
Three                Perfect, one sense; or blurred, all normal senses; or very hazy, one superhuman or quantum sense.

Four                  Near-perfect, all normal senses; blurred, superhuman or quantum senses.
Five                   Perfect with normal or superhuman or quantum senses.

You don’t need line of sight or line of effect, but your successes on the activation roll affects the clarity of your perception (see below). You can’t relocate your position of view once ESP is engaged, but you can rotate your perception in all directions. Senses enhanced through external means (e.g., night vision goggles) don’t work through ESP.

Extras
Distant Scan: Range becomes (Perception + ESP) x 600 miles. However, you may take no other actions, or even perceive your immediate surroundings, while scanning. Further, the Perception + ESP roll is at +1 difficulty per 1,200 miles. Cost: 2 pp.

Flight
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Flight
Description: You can fly through the air without artificial support.
Effect: You can fly at a speed of (Flight x4) x 120 feet per turn. You can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed. Using flight requires only as much concentration as walking, so you can attack or manifest powers normally. You can use flight to charge but not sprint, and you cannot carry aloft more weight than your maximum carrying capacity. Out of combat your flight speed is (Quantum + Flight) x30 miles per hour.

Normally, no roll is required to use Flight. If you want to perform acrobatic stunts or fly through narrow openings at high speeds without hurting yourself, the ST may require a Dexterity + Flight roll to determine whether you succeed or not. You may also substitute Dexterity + Flight for a normal Dodge roll while you are in the air; depending on your movement, this may allow you to dodge explosions and area attacks, though particularly large-scale blasts might cost you your entire turn.

Should the power’s duration expire while you are still aloft, the effect dissipates slowly. You float downward (Flight x4) x 120 feet per turn for [Quantum] turns. If you do not reach the ground in that amount of time, you fall the rest of the distance.

Extras
Manifestation: You have some obvious means of flying (wings, flame blasting from the soles of your feet, etc.). This requires body modification, elemental anima or some other power to act as the flight source. You cannot fly while the manifestation is negated by some reasonable method (wings bound, feet doused with water); however, your cost to use flight is reduced by –1 power point. Cost: 0 pp.
Underwater: You can propel yourself underwater and through other liquids at the same rate. Cost: 1 pp.

Force Field [Force]
Description: You generate a quantum aura that protects you against harm.
Effect: Force Field provides a number of temporary Health Levels equal to your [Quantum]. You then roll your Stamina + Force Field. Each success adds one more additional temporary Health Level.

The temporary Health Levels are lost before your own in combat, any additional damage done to you from an attack where your Force Field collapses is applied to your personal Health Levels. So, if you took four HLs of damage from an attack but your Force Field could only absorb three more HLs before collapsing, then your Force Field would absorb three of the damage while the fourth would be applied to your own health levels.

Once you lose all the Health Levels provided from Force Field, the power collapses and must be reactivated. As Health Levels are lost, whatever form your Force Field takes will begin to show signs of weakening before collapsing in an equally dramatic manner, a shell of force might begin to crack, a flaming aura might begin to fade and flicker out.

It should be noted that this a Force Effect, meaning that it impedes forms of quantum movement, such as the 'phasing through' abilities provided by certain powers like Density Decrease or Elemental Chameleon. Force Field may not be 'walked through' or bypassed by any means, save brute force or going around (or under, or teleporting) them.

Force Field protects against Physical and Energy attacks, it provides no defense against Mental attacks.

Extras
Dome: You may project a force barrier 1 inch thick and up to ten feet high and ten feet wide per dot in the Force Field power (centered on you). The dome is stationary once created, although you can take a standard action to move it with you. If it drops to 0 Health Levels, the wall is breached and collapses. Cost: 2 pp.
Mega-Field: You push your force field’s strength to the utmost, gaining double your rolled successes in temporary Health Levels for as long as the power is maintained or active.  This does not double your Hardened rating, only the Health Levels gained. Cost: 2 pp.
Wall: You may project a force barrier 1 inch thick and up to ten feet high and ten feet wide per dot in the Force Field power. The wall is stationary once created, although you can take an action to move it with you (like a wide area shield). If it drops to 0 Health Levels, the wall is breached and collapses. Cost: 2 pp.

Wait... so what soak value is used for Force Field?
Yours.  Whatever soak value you posses is applied to the Force Field, just like you were being attacked.  It provides Health Levels... all other protection is yours.  So if you have a Bashing Soak of 15B and you're hit with a 17B attack... that's 2 damage that is applied to your Force Field's health levels.  Easy-peasy.  With Wall and Dome, your Force Field defends as if it were you at the time you activated the power.  The benefit of Dome is that several people can be protected at once, since any damage applies to the Force Field, and not those it's protecting.

• 2 months later...

Gravity Control
Dice Pool: Varies
Range: See text
Duration: See text
Description: You can change local gravity field strengths to make targets lighter or heavier, or even propel yourself through the air.
Effect: With this power you are a master of gravity. You are able to lift and move objects, fly, and manipulate gravitic forces and otherwise control gravity. As with Elemental Anima and other Level 3 powers, this power has several techniques. You may learn and freely use one technique per dot in the power and attempt other techniques you don't know, but you have to pay double the power point cost and roll with a +1 difficulty added to the activation of the power.

The listed techniques are common expressions of this power; pick one when you first take the power, the rest are purchased with additional dots when you increase your power rating.

Gravitic Blast
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Gravity Control
Range: (Quantum + Gravity Control)
Target: 1 person or object
Effect: You manipulate micropockets of intense gravity to bash or tear at a target. The end result is similar to a Quantum Bolt. This attack inflicts [Quantum x3] levels + (Gravity Control x4) dice of bashing damage OR [Quantum x2] levels + (Gravity Control x4) dice of lethal damage. You choose type of damage you do when you activate the power.

Gravitic Field
Dice Pool: Wits + Gravity Control
Range: (Quantum + Gravity Control) x15 feet
Area: (Quantum + Gravity Control) x 10 foot spherical spread
Effect: You alter gravity by up to 0.5g for each success you achieve on a Wits + Gravity Control roll. Weight of objects is increased or decreased by an equivalent amount; a 100lb object in a 1.5g field weights 150lbs. Objects in a zero-g field weight nothing, while objects in a negative-g field fall upward until out of the field. You can be selective if you wish, increasing some objects' mass, decreasing others, and leaving yet others alone.

A creature or object that becomes too heavy cannot move (or be moved), and it may collapse under it's own weight if it becomes heavy enough. If you try to affect a living thing with a gravitational field, your target may resist using their Strength + Might in a contested roll. Quantum controlled gravity is not the same as standard gravity. It pulls and twists unnaturally. Therefore, Mega-Strength is rarely as effective as one thinks, as the gravity wells pull and push in ways the often deny a Mega-Strong character proper leverage to remain balanced or maintain a proper grip. Competing with Mega-Strong characters in quantum gravity fields allows the user to apply his Mega-Wits as Mega-Strength for determining the outcome of contested rolls only, negating automatic successes derived from Mega-Strength on a one for one basis. They may negate successes only, not derive any extra ones over Mega-Strong characters. Targets who successfully resist the gravity field may act normally for one round but as long as they remain in the gravity field, they must resist every round until they leave, or the power expires.

If you shift the field to negative gravity, all unattached objects and creatures within the area fall upward and reach the top of the area in 1 round. If some solid object (such as a ceiling) is encountered in this fall, falling objects and creatures strike it in the same manner as they would during a normal downward fall. If an object or creature reaches the top of the area without striking anything, it remains there, oscillating slightly, until the power ends — at which point, affected targets fall downward. Without some means of propulsion, floating characters are not capable of movement or dodging.

Provided it has something to hold onto, a target caught in the area can attempt a Dexterity + Athletics roll with a difficulty equal to the successes gained on the user's activation roll, to secure itself when the power manifests. Subjects who can fly can keep themselves from falling.

Instead of affecting everything in the area, you can adjust only a specific object or creature‘s gravity field on a successful ranged attack.

Gravitic Flight
Effect: You manipulate your local gravity for airborne movement. This functions just like flight, except that your movement is not as swift or precise, slowing you down. You can fly at a speed of (Gravity Control x2) x 60 feet per turn. You can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed. Using gravitic flight requires only as much concentration as walking, so you can still attack or manifest your powers normally. You can use gravitic flight to charge but not sprint, and you cannot carry aloft more weight than your maximum carrying capacity. Out of combat your flight speed is (Quantum + Gravity Control) x25 miles per hour.

Gravitic Shield
Effect: You can project waves of gravity around yourself. Doing so provides an excellent defense against incoming projectiles and deflects hand-to-hand physical attacks. Each turn, you may subtract your dots in Gravity Control from the attack successes of any physical projectile attack (bullets, arrows, throwing knives, thrown rocks, even rockets and missiles, etc.); furthermore, the Gravitic Shield provides 1L/1B per dot against any projectile attack that does connect.

You may subtract half your dots in Gravity Control (rounded up), from the attack successes of any hand-to-hand physical attack. Gravitic Shield provides no defense against pure energy attacks, such as flames, or electricity.

Gravitokinesis
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Gravity Control
Range: (Quantum + Power Rating) x 30 feet.
Effect: You can manipulate a target’s gravity field to pick it up, hold it, throw it, etc. Doing so is performed in a fashion identical to the rules for the telekinesis power, save that your dice pool is Dexterity + Gravity Control and every two successes you score count as a single success.

However, if you are in an active Gravity Field where the weight of objects has been reduced, you may use their adjusted weight to determine your success. Furthermore, in any active gravity field where the weight of objects has been reduced to zero, or less (floating), your success is automatic although you still need to roll to strike your target(s). Weightless or objects made lighter by a gravity field still hit with their full weight calculation when controlled by someone using Gravitokinesis.

Healing
Dice Pool: None
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous or Maintenance
Power Points: Variable; see text
Description: You can heal almost any injury to yourself or another by manipulating quantum energies.
Effect: To use Healing, you must touch the person to be healed and spend one quantum point per health level to be healed. You may heal a number of bashing health levels up to [Quantum + Healing x2] or a number of lethal health levels up to [Quantum + Healing].  Furthermore, for a single power point you may touch another, or affect yourself, and for [Quantum + Healing] turns you may add your Healing dots to any and all resistance rolls made to resist diseases and toxins.  If you so choose you may maintain the effect for as long as you desire so long as you continue to pay power points to maintain it.

Extras
Detox: You can cleanse a target of any baseline poison or disease, ending immediately all temporary poison effects and removing any diseases or parasites that the subject suffers from currently. If used against quantum infused or quantum created toxins or diseases (such as those created through the Poison power) you may add your [Quantum + Healing] to yours or someone else's resistance roll.

The power does not reverse instantaneous poison effects, damaged or stolen attribute dots, or effects that don’t go away on their own. It does not prevent reinfection after a new exposure to the same disease at a later date, nor will it cure genetic diseases or birth defects (such as someone born blind or deaf). Cost: 3 pp.

Regenerate: You can reattach a patient's severed body parts and grow back limbs or organs. This functions like the Regeneration enhancement, except that you may use it on other persons. Regenerating a limb generally costs 2 power points while regenerating the torso or organs within the torso requires 3 power points. Note that this extra can not restore the dead to life. Cost: Variable; see text.

*Lowered power's level to 2 and reduced the quantum minimum to 2 as well.  Mechanically it didn't make much sense that a character with Quantum 1 could regenerate and regrow their own tissue with little to no difficulty but the Healing power was a Level 3 power with a Quantum 4 requirement.  Also added the character's quantum score as a bonus to the health levels healed.

• 6 months later...

Holo [Illusion]
Range: (Quantum + Holo) x30 Feet
Area: (Quantum + Holo) x15 Feet
Description: You can create images — illusions, if you will — with which to trick and befuddle others.
Effect: Choose which sense (taste, touch, sight, smell and sound) you are attempting to affect when you activate this power. As it's name suggests, Holo is usually used to create images which can be seen, but auditory images are also popular.

To use Holo, roll Manipulation + Holo to determine how precise and accurate your illusions are. Failure indicates that you fail to accurately represent the illusion and it's flaws are noticed before the power has a chance to take effect. Each success above the first, however increases the difficulty of perception rolls used to determine the true nature of the illusion. So, if you scored seven successes on your activation roll, the difficulty for perception rolls to see through it would be six. If an observer fails their perception roll they believe the image is, for all intents and purposes, real, until at some point they have a reason to think otherwise (at which point they may attempt another perception roll). If they succeed at the perception roll at any time, they instantly recognize the image for what it is and may see through it (the image doesn't always fade away however, an illusory wall might just become transparent, allowing someone to see through and walk through it).

Illusions created with this power, as a general rule, cannot directly harm someone, even if the illusion affects the sense of touch. However, individuals may tricked into hurting themselves. For example, if Holo is used to make an empty elevator shaft appear to have an empty, available elevator ready to take them to whatever floor they need, the person could easily step right into the empty shaft and fall to their death.

Extras
Extra Senses:
You can create illusions that use multiple senses at once. For each additional two power points you spend at the activation of the power, you an affect one additional sense. So, for 10 power points, you can create an illusion that affects every sense all at once. This can only be done when the power is activated, you may not add additional senses later to an already existing illusion. Cost: 2 pp per sense added.

Homunculus
Duration: Variable
Description: You can detach portions of your body that you retain control of, create small creatures from your own flesh, or even break yourself down into a swarm of tiny creatures!
Effect: To use Homunculus, you simply spend the appropriate amount of power points and roll your Stamina + Homunculus. Success means that a body part can be detached or a creature may be created. The creatures in question can not be perfect duplicates of you – that requires Clone – but they could be smaller, or warped and twisted versions, of yourself.

Once created, a homunculus requires no further power point expenditure to maintain. A creature is a warped version of you — whether miniature or twisted in appearance (if you want a perfect duplicate, use Clone instead). You can shape the creature to have a different appearance with a successful Arts skill roll (the ST sets the difficulty depending on what you hope to achieve).

Detached body parts or created creatures can move up to (Homunculus x30 feet) away from you. As long as you possess line-of-sight to them you can control what they do, just as if it were still a part of your body. If line-of-sight is lost, or if it somehow passes beyond range, it will continue with whatever actions it was performing until that task is completed, at which point it will stop moving until line-of-sight and range are reestablished.

A detached body part is considered to have the same Attributes and Traits as you, but it acts separately from you (i.e., if you decide to dodge an attack this turn, your detached body parts do not also have to dodge. They may act independently as if they were separate characters). If one is stunned or knocked unconscious, the others may continue to act. If the detached body part is killed, you lose that part of your body permanently.

A 'Small Creature' homunculus has no quantum powers, but it is otherwise considered to have half ratings in all your normal Traits (so if you have a Strength of 4, your homunculi creature has a strength of 2), half your normal soak and a Bite/Claw attack of Str+1 lethal damage. You may shift points around if you like (like reducing Strength to add to it's Dexterity, for example). If killed, you take one box of unsoakable lethal damage.

A homunculi always Health Levels equal to your Quantum score and always possess one -0 box with an equal amount of -2 and -3 Health Levels. Homunculi do not get -1 health level boxes due to their size. Since they are small objects (body parts and mini you's, damage suffered is usually spread over their frames more severely than the average sized person.

Detaching a body part or creating a single homunculus counts as a free technique; you may choose one additional free technique and purchase others each time purchase a dot in this power.

Multiples
Effect: You can create a total number of homunculi equal to your Quantum score. The additional power point cost applies to each homunculus created beyond the first.

Regenerate
Effect: You can regenerate the limb or mass lost from a destroyed homunculus. This functions like the Regeneration enhancement, except that you are permitted to spend all the power points at once (up to what your node will allow in a single round, of course, until the part is completely regenerated) and the effect is immediate as soon you've spent all the points needed to heal the injury.

Swarm
Power Points: 4
Effect: Instead of using the base homunculus effect, you can split your entire body into hundreds or thousands of creatures no smaller than a locust, or larger than a rat, that act as a single creature. You retain your standard Health Levels, Soak and other abilities (including enhancements and Quantum powers). Your swarm occupies roughly a ten foot area (or a cube, if flying). You can move through areas occupied by enemies (or friendlies) without impediment as you crawl under, over or around them.

While a swarm, you have no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, which conveys the following advantages: not subject to being flanked; immune to targeted effects (whether single- or multiple-targets, such as Quantum Imprint, or Quantum Vampire), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (like illusions or telepathy); cannot be knocked prone, suffer knock back, or grappled, can move through cracks or holes large enough to fit creatures of the size you've chosen.  You may still be assaulted by standard attacks, however, unless they are area attacks (see below), the most damage they can inflict on you is one Health Level of damage.  Regardless of the number of success on the damage roll against you, you only take a single box per attack against you. (i.e. you can be 'pinged' to death)

In turn, you cannot grapple opponents and you suffer half again as much damage dice (rounded up) from effects that affect an area. Only rolled damage dice are affected, not damage adds (so if the damage pool against you was [10]+10d10, only the 10d10 would be increased to 15d10, resulting in a pool of [10]+15d10) and you are also susceptible to high winds (considering you are several small critters who weigh less than a pound or so). Upon falling to Incapacitated, you re-incorporate into your natural form.

Instead of a standard attack, your swarm automatically inflicts [Quantum] + Homunculus dice in damage each round, no roll is needed to land an attack and as long as targets remain in your swarm, they are repeatedly subjected to this damage each turn. Soak applies normally to this damage.

Hypermovement
Manifestation Time: 1 Move Action
Description: You can run, fly or swim at super-fast speeds, even outpacing bullet trains and jets.
Effect: When you select the power, choose which mode of movement to enhance: running, swimming or flight. You cannot use this power with movement techniques from powers such as elemental anima or gravity control. You may activate this power as part of your movement for your turn for the round, allowing you to activate it and gain its benefits for your move that round. You may not activate it after your turn, however, even if you didn't move for that turn.

Hypermovement works by increasing the multiplier used to calculate your movement rate. Each dot adds six to the multiplier. For example, in combat all characters can sprint at a rate equal to (Dexterity x3) +60 feet per action. If you have Hypermovement 1, you move at (Dexterity x9) +60 feet per action. If you increase that to Hypermovement 4, you would move at (Dexterity x27) +20 feet per action. If you have Hyperswimming, treat your base swimming score equal to your sprinting score, then add modifiers accordingly).

Out of combat, Hypermovement simply converts to a speed of 300 miles per hour per dot in the power. So, if you have Hypermovement 3, you run at 900mph – breaking the sound barrier and causing significant damage to structures you run past because of sonic booms (consider this effect the equivalent of causing damage equal to the Thunderclap enhancement along your backward trajectory, but substitute dots in Hypermovement for dots in Mega-Strength). Novas using Hypermovement have to be very careful about their affect on the world around them.

If you move at full tilt you can no other actions (except Hyperspeed or Aerial Slam). As a bonus, providing you have room to maneuver, being able to move super fast makes it easier for you to dodge attacks. The difficulty to hit you increases by one per dot you possess in this power, as your super speed makes it easier for you to anticipate attacks and move from harms way. This does not stack with other difficulty increasing abilities, like Super Heavy Armor (you can be fast, or bulky, not both). Your great speed also allows you dodge large area attacks, as you can simply out run the blast.

Should you, for some reason, have to make sudden or precise maneuvers while Hypermoving (like banking a ninety-degree turn at 600mph), the ST can call for a Dexterity + Hypermovement roll to do so.

Extras
Speed Demon: If you do not have Mega-Dexterity, you can still apply the effects of the Enhanced Movement Enhancement on yourself, substituting your dots in Hypermovement as dots of Mega-Dexterity to calculate your greater than normal speed. This only takes effect while Hypermovement is active and adds to the activation (as well as maintenance) cost. If you later acquire Mega-Dexterity (and the Enhanced Movement Enhancement), or already have them both, you may stack the effects (Mega-Dexterity + Hypermovement) to calculate fantastically high speeds. Cost: As per Enhanced Movement.
Multiple Modes: You have hypermovement in one additional movement mode. Cost: 1 pp.

Immobilize
Dice Pool: Dexterity + Immobilize
Range: (Quantum + Immobilize) x30 feet, or Touch.
Target: 1 creature or object
Duration: One Scene or until destroyed
Description: You can ensnare targets in some way. The specific method depends on your powers — whether trapping a target in a block of ice, secreting a paralytic poison into her bloodstream, or simply imprisoning her within a quantum field.
Effect: To use this power, simply spend the required power points and roll your Dexterity + Immobilize in an opposed test against the victim's Dexterity. Each net success, plus an automatic amount of successes equal to your Quantum score, reduces your target's Dexterity by one dot (Mega-Dexterity Dice are lost first). Attacks on partially immobilized targets gain two bonus dice. When your target's Dexterity is reduced to zero, they are completely immobilized.

To break out of Immobilize, the target must exert their Strength or some other appropriate Attribute. In most cases Strength is the proper Attribute, but the Storyteller may select another Attribute if they feel it is more appropriate based on how the effect is applied. It should also be noted that whether the power is delivered through touch or by range is largely irrelevant. A snake themed nova could bite or spit their paralytic venom. Some guidelines are below:

Solid/Entombment – Encased in ice, burried in rock, bound in chains, a light post telekinetically wrapped around you, a quantum force field – for these such effects Strength + Might is the appropriate resistance.

Drugged /Envenomed – Bitten or injected toxins, gassed or drugged – in these instanced your body is fending off the toxin or effect so the appropriate Attribute is Stamina + Resistance.

Mental/Illusory – Trapped in nightmares, seized up mind, trapped in an illusory world – these effects lock up your mind and trap you in place, forcing you to fend off the assault and discern fantasy from reality. In these cases, Wits + Integrity is the most suitable defense.

Your Immobilize is considered to have an effective Strength, soak and number of health levels equal to your (Quantum + Immobilize). If that toal is greater than 5, every two additional dots provides your immobilize with effective levels of Mega-Strength – so, if you have Quantum 4 an Immobilize 5 your Immobilize effect has an effective Mega-Strength of 2 to bind it's victims in place. Regardless of whether the victim defends Strength, Stamina or Wits, their Megas in those relevant Attributes are considered Mega-Strength for the purposes of overcoming and inflicting damage on your bindings. So if someone with Mega-Stamina 2 was fending off a paralytic quantum gas, he'd have an effective Mega-Strength of two when inflicting 'damage' on the toxin to free himself from it's effects. When enough damage has been done to the effect for it to be destroyed, it vanishes and the victim is free of its effects.

A fully immobilized victim is hit automatically, but the power's soak stacks with their own and protects the victim and in order to harm them you have to deal damage to Immobilize's Health Levels, as they also protect the victim (toxic gas cloud makes it hard to land a solid blow, venom makes them more resistant to pain and able to shrug off injuries, they're protected by a solid block of ice).

Extras:
Supertough:
Your Immobilize Health Levels are doubled. Also, your Immobilize now possesses a Hardness equal to the number of Health Levels it creates when the power is activates. So if your Immobilize has 10 Health Levels to bring it down, it also has a Hardness of 20. If the power of an attack (Base Damage Dice + Attack Successes) is not greater than the Hardness, the attack fails to do any damage at all. Cost: 2pp.

Intangible: Immobilize's soak and Health Levels do not protect the victim. Cost: 3pp.

Immolate
Range: Personal; see text
Description: You wreathe yourself in flame, electricity, raw quantum forces or some other dangerous phenomenon, protecting you from attacks of that same energy type and causing damage to anyone who touches you.
Effect: Choose a specific phenomenon when you select the power. You gain +2L/+2B soak per dot in Immolate against attacks of the same type as your nimbus. Its appearance is typically the same as the phenomenon — crackling blue for electricity, red flames for fire, clear crystal for ice, etc. You may determine a different color, but this cannot change once the power is selected. If the phenomenon produces light, the nimbus illuminates a 10-foot radius around you.

When you Immolate, you damage everything you touch, or anything that touches you. Your touch inflicts Quantum + (Immolate x3) dice of bashing damage, or Quantum + (Immolate x2) dice of lethal damage. When you purchase the power you must choose whether your power inflicts lethal or bashing damage and this decision can not be changed later (unless you purchase the same power again and give it the damage type you didn't take previously).

If you deliberately try to touch someone, doing so counts as an attack. However, your Immolate damage is incorporated into the damage you inflict. So if your punch inflicts 7B and your Immolate inflicts 14L, then each time you punch an opponent they have to soak not only the 7B, but also the 14L your nimbus is adding in. It should be noted that each damage is soaked separately (7B, then 14L in this case). Similarly, anyone who touches you as the result of a close combat attack (including attacks with melee weapons) automatically takes damage from your nimbus as well, unless their melee weapons have excessive reach (like a length of chain, or a lamp post, or a spear) and even then, there is a good chance those weapons might be destroyed by your Immolate.

Immolate can be extremely effective in combat, but it can also cause problems, since anything you touch takes damage. If you bump into an innocent bystander, smash through a wall or gas pump or simply walk down the street, you damage all those people and objects.

Extras
Multiple: You can manifest a nimbus of two distinct phenomenon at the same time. This does not grant you double the damage output, but it does provide you with additional protection from a second phenomenon and a means of bypassing those who may have protection one of your phenomenons. Cost: 2 pp.

Selective: You can shunt the damaging effects of the nimbus away from a portion of your body (hands, face, feet, etc.) so that you may interact with your environment without causing damage to it. Cost: 1 pp.

Intuition
Dice Pool: Perception + Intuition
Manifestation Time: free action
Area: (Quantum + Intuition) x10 feet, centered on you.
Duration: Constant
Power Points: 0
Description: This sensory power warns you of impending dangers or threats.
Effect: When the ST designates that you are the target of some threat within close range — you are about to trip a trap, someone points a gun at you, etc. — you may make a Perception + Intuition roll to be aware of it automatically. The roll is a free action; the threshold depends on the severity and immediacy of the danger, as noted on the corresponding chart.

Difficulty           Category of Danger
1                      Imminent and severe, directed (a lethal attack directed at you)
2                      Imminent and severe, general (a bomb is about to detonate in the area)
3                      Imminent or severe, directed (triggering a tripwire, someone is moving to get a clear shot on you)
4                      Imminent or severe, general (an earthquake starts, the floor may give way)

When made aware of a threat, you are impossible to surprise and thus may act normally in any ambush situation. Your Initiative score increases by your Intuition rating and may act in the surprise round before regular rounds begin plus, you gain a number of automatic successes to your dodge/block rolls equal to your quantum score. It should be noted that once Intuition warns you of a threat, and you have had the opportunity to avoid that threat, this power no longer provides its bonuses (except the Initiative bonus). However, if the same threat occurs multiple times (like an invisible attacker constantly trying to reposition themselves for ambushes) this power protects each time, but the Initiative bonus does not keep stacking.

This power is always active and requires no power points to maintain; however, it alerts you only to dangers to yourself and offers no indication of the severity or source of the possible threat.

Extras
Others: You can detect dangers that anyone around you is subject to within (Quantum + Intuition) x10 feet. While active this Extra's duration is 'Maintenance'. Cost: 2 pp.

Premonition: You may glean the general nature (refer to chart), degree and direction of the danger (“Something is creeping up behind you, and it's armed.; “That radio tower is going to fall, the people below will all be crushed!”).  This Extra lasts for the scene. Cost: 2 pp.

Okay, so for this power, I simply condensed Premonition into the Intuition power because aside from the range difference, both powers were essentially the same thing and written just as equally vague.  Okay, so you know about a threat... now what?  What does that actually do for you?  Nothing according the book, except let you know what the threat might be (Premonition) or that there's a threat (Intuition).  Frankly, my gaming groups could do this with most Mega-Perception enhancements, making both Intuition and Premonition largely useless.

Invisibility
Dice Pool: Wits + Invisibility
Description: You vanish from sight, and possibly from other senses as well.
Effect: Invisibility renders you undetectable to vision, working against all variants of visual senses (Electromagnetic Vision, High-End Electromagnetic Scan, machines and security devices), but attempts to detect you with such enhanced vision gain an extra die unless you spend a Willpower point to fortify your invisible state.

To use Invisibility, roll your Wits + Invisibility and spend the requires power points. The threshold to detect you is equal to your [Quantum] plus the number of successes rolled on the power activation and is compared to the Awareness rolls for any persons directly attempting to detect you. Those not specifically trying to perceive you (such as the average person your invisible self passes on the street) are not permitted an Awareness roll at all. If you achieve the same or more successes, those attempting to perceive you are completely unable to do so. Any attacks made against you based on the sense you're masked from (sight, usually) suffer a +2 difficulty penalty (assuming they are attacking in the proper direction at all).  If onlookers achieve more successes, they can perceive you, but only dimly, enough to launch attacks against you with only a difficulty penalty of +1.

Invisibility does not cloak you against detection from other senses. You may still be heard, smelled, and even registered on sonar, for example. Invisibility works only for your body; rendering your clothes, effects or carried items invisible requires the Attunement Background.

Extras
Enhanced: The power renders you invisible to one additional sense. Cost: 2 pp.

Invulnerability
Level:
Manifestation Time: See text
Duration: Constant; see text
Description: You gain tremendous protection against a specific attack form.
Effect: Invulnerability is just what it says – it makes you invulnerable, or nearly so, to a specific form of attack. Each dot in this power grants you 6 points of Hardness with which to shrug off attacks. If the damage pool (damage + successes) of an attack does not exceed your hardness, you ignore the attack completely (don't even bother rolling damage). In the case of mental powers that do not inflict damage, each dot of Invulnerability provides you with 6 extra dice on your roll to resist the power's effects, these dice are considered 'Mega-Dice', so they generate two successes on 7s,8s or 9s and three successes on 10s.

When you first select the power, determine which damage or effect type it applies to: acid, bludgeoning, cold, compulsion, darkness, death, electricity, fear, fire, force, healing, language-dependent, light, mind-affecting, negative energy, piercing, positive energy, slashing or sonic. You may not choose to be Invulnerable to 'Quantum Powers', 'Physical Attacks', 'Energy Attacks' or 'Mental Attacks'.

Invulnerability remains active only as long as you have at least 2 unspent power points (this applies solely to your own supply; you cannot use power points stored in eufiber or by other means).

Extras
Broad Category: You may choose to be Invulnerable to 'Physical Attacks', 'Energy Attacks' or 'Mental Attacks', but still not 'Quantum Powers'. However you must have at least 2 unspent power points per dot you possess in Invulnerability to maintain the protection and keep it 'up'.  So if you have Invulnerability 4, you must have 8 unspent power points, if you do not not, you loose your Invulnerability until those points are regained.

• 4 months later...

Luck
Manifestation Time: 1 free action
Power Points: 1+
Description: You 'enjoy' extraordinary luck.
Effect: Somehow your quantum consciousness is able to tap into and manipulate Fate, probability and perhaps even reality itself. Regardless of how it's done, Lady Luck smiles on you and looks out for you.

You may spend one power point up to your rating in the Luck power. When you spend the points your power influences the outcome of other events. Exactly what happens is up to the Storyteller (meaning you spend the points, but have no control of the outcome). Exactly what happens is up to the Storyteller, but here are a few guidelines:

Combat: While in combat you may divide the points from your Luck score in a given turn between your attack or defense. Each point added to attack or defense grants one automatic success per point you devote to your attack or dodge or similar effects such as Resistance or Integrity rolls to counter power effects (such as Domination) for that action.

Abilities: Each Luck point adds one automatic success to any use of Abilities out of combat. If you make two or more Ability rolls during the same time frame (turn, minute, or whatever else the Storyteller decides it appropriate), he must divide his Luck points among the different.

Backgrounds: Luck affects your rolls associated with Backgrounds in the same manner it does with Abilities.

Keep in mind, Fate is a fickle bitch and there are two kinds of luck. Every point you invest in the Luck pool for any particular scene forms a pool. Afterward, the ST rolls one die for each point of Luck you purchased in the previous scene. For each success the ST rolls that one success you owe Fate and the ST can collect those successes at any time, even using them to cancel your own Luck points later on in the story.  You can't have good Luck without bad Luck.

• 1 year later...

Archived