OOC: D&D 5e: A New Age - Character Thread

Noir

'Dread' Delgath

Conan%20The%20Barbarian_zpsjkahpekx.jpg

'Dread' Delgath
Fighter (Champion) 4
Medium humanoid (human), Lawful Neutral (Personal Code of Honor)
Age: 24; Height: 6'4", Weight: 234lbs.; Eyes: Brown; Skin: Bronze

Armor Class: 16 (Studded Leather, +3 Dex, +1 Two Weapon Bonus)
Hit Points: 58 (10,8,8,8 +24)
Speed: 30 ft.

STR 18 (+4) | DEX 16 (+3) | CON 18 (+4) | INT 12 (+1) | WIS 12 (+1) | CHA 12 (+1)
Saving Throws: STR +6, CON +6

Skills: *Acrobatics +5, Animal Handling +1, *Athletics +6, Deception +3, *History +3, Insight +1, Intimidation +1, Perception +1, *Persuasion +3, Survival +3

Senses: Passive Perception 11
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Actions:
Longsword Melee Weapon Attack
+6/+6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target (1d8+4/19-20 slashing)

Longsword Melee Weapon Attack Two Handed
+6 to hit, reach 5ft., one target (1d10+4/19-20 slashing

Dagger Melee Weapon Attack
+6 to hit (+5 thrown), reach 5ft., one target (1d4+4/19-20 piercing), range 20/60

Feats: Dual Wielder, Tough

Abilities:
Fighting Style (Two-Weapon)
Second Wind (Heal 1d10 + Ftr Lvl 1/short rest)
Action Surge (Take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once used, this feature can't be used again until a short rest.)
Improved Critical (19-20 threat range with any proficient weapon)
Ability Score Improvement (4th +1 STR, +1 CON)

Background: Noble (Fallen)
Skills: History, Persuasion
Tools: Gaming Set
Languages: Elvish

FEATURE: POSITION OF PRIVILEGE
For whatever reason, Dread fell out with his family. He doesn't discuss it much. However using his noble upbringing and own personal magnetism and penchant for destroying any opposition in his way, he's acquired quite the reputation as one of the best mercenaries in The Crossing. People are inclined to think the best of him, but only when they need something. He won't be caught dead in high society, but his imposing presence generally convinces people to assume he has the right to be wherever he is. The common folk make every effort to accommodate him, but only to an extent and avoid his displeasure. Other people of high birth usually recognize him and treat him with grudging respect as a member of the same social sphere, mostly out of fear of who once was and who he's become. He can secure an audience with a local noble if he needs to.

Equipment: 2 Longswords, Studded Leather Armor, Gaming Set, Ragged Clothing, Signet Ring, Backpack (Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, Torches (10), Rations (10 days), Waterskin, Hempen (10')), Riding Horse (Saddle, Saddlebags)

Wealth: 15pp, 50gp, 40sp, 100cp (241gp)

Rhosh Lixis

Rhosh Lixis
Rogue (Thief) 4
Medium humanoid (Dragonborn), Chaotic Good

Age: 43, Height: 6'0", Weight: 223 lbs, Eyes: Gold, Skin: Tan

Armor Class: 15 (11 + 4 DEX)
Hit Points: 30 (8, 6, 6, 6 + (4* +1 Con))
Speed: 30 ft.

STR 14 (+2) | DEX 18 (+4) | CON 12 (+1) | INT 16 (+3) | WIS 11 (+0) | CHA 16 (+3)
Saving Throws: DEX +6, INT +5

Skills: *Acrobatics +6, Arcana +3, Athletics +2, *Deception +5, History +3, Intimidation +3, *Investigation +5, Nature + 3, *Persuasion +5, Religion +3, *Sleight of Hand +8, *Stealth +8

Senses: Passive Perception 10
Languages: Common, Draconic, Thieves' Cant

Actions:
Dagger Melee Weapon Attack
+6 to hit, reach 5ft., one target (1d4+4/19-20 piercing), range 20/60

Shortsword Melee Weapon Attack
+6 to hit, reach 5ft., one target (1d6+4/19-20 piercing)

Shortbow Range Weapon Attack

+2 to hit, ammunition (range 80/320), one target (1d6)

Feats: Lucky, Skulker

Abilities:
Sneak Attack (Once per turn, deal extra 1d6 to creature hit with attack if you have advantage. Must use finesse weapon. Don't need advantage if an enemy of the creature is 5' from it.)
Breath Weapon (Saving throw: (Dex) vs. 8 + your constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus;2d6 (1/2 on successful save) in 5 by 30 ft. line;Recharge with short or long rest)
Cunning Action (Once per turn in combat, you can take an extra action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide.)
Fast Hands (Cunning Action lets you make DEX (sleight of hand) check to pick locks, disarm traps, or use object.)

Second-Story Work (Climbing is not an extra movement. Running jumps add 1' * Dex Mod)

Background: Criminal (Smuggler)
Skills: Deception, Sleight of Hand
Tools: Dice Set
Languages: Thieves' Cant

Feature: Criminal Contact

Proficient: Light Armor, Simple Weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords

As the world started to rebuild, we began to rebuild our defenses. Though my clan has always been militarily strong, we neglected to invest in the resources of the new world which ultimately led to our downfall. We had always been safe by paying tribute to Bahamut. As the world started anew, my clan sharpened their swords and prepared their defenses. But metal costs coin, and training armies doesn't grow crops. Soon we began to lack the funds to pay for Bahamut's protection and that loose thread slowly unraveled any hope of safety my clan had. I was sent on a scouting party to collect intelligence on the nearby Genasi only to return to a desolate village. Based on the carnage and bodies littering the ground, I can assume that the Duergar raided my village to enslave my people while the guard was short a few scouting parties. Since then I've been honing my scouting skills to become even more stealthy and deadly. I only have two options to rescue my people after all...buy their freedom or infiltrate the Duergar and rescue my clan.

Traits: I pocket anything I see that might have some value.
Ideals: Freedom: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those that would forge them. (Chaotic)
Bonds: My ill-gotten gains go towards freeing my family.
Flaws: Rhosh is terrified of anything mechanical or clockwork in nature. When I see something valuable, I can't think about anything else but how to steal it.

Equipment: Leather Armor, Burglar's Pack, Shortbow, Quiver (20 arrows), Black clothes with hood, Thieves' Tools, Dagger (x2)

Wealth: 91gp

Eon Silvertongue

Eon Silvertongue
Bard3(Valour)/Rogue 1
Medium humanoid (Half Elf), Chaotic Neutral

Age: , Height: 6'3", Weight: , Eyes: Amethyst, Skin: Tanned

Armor Class: 17 (12 +2 Shield + 3 DEX)
Hit Points: 34 (10 + 8 + 8 + 8)

STR 10 (+0) | DEX 17 (+3) | CON 14 (+2) | INT 16 (+3) | WIS 12 (+1) | CHA 20 (+5)
Saving Throws: STR 0 | DEX +3 | CON +2 | INT +3 | WIS +1 | CHA 20 +7

Skills: Athletics(+1), Acrobatics(+5), Sleight of Hand(+5), Stealth(+5), Arcana(+7), History(+7), Investigation(+4), Nature(+4), Religion(+4), Animal Handling(+2), Insight(+2), Medicine(+2), Perception(+2), Survival(+2), Deception(+7), Intimidation(+6),Performance(+9), Persuasion(+9)

Senses: Passive Perception 12
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dragonic, Thieves Cant

Actions:

Under Construction

Feats: Actor

Abilities:

DarkVision: Thanks to his Elven heritage,, Eon has superior vision in dark and dim environments. He can see in Dim environments as if it were brightly lit and in dark environments as if it were dim, up to 60 Feet. Cannot discern colours in the dark. Only shades of Grey.

Fey Ancestry: Has advantage on saves versus Charm effects and Magic cannot be used to put him to sleep.

Spellcasting: There's a Magic to song and story, the actions of ancient heroes and villains echoing down through time.  Thanks to his training as a bard,  Eon is adept at tapping into this collective mythology and turning it to his own end. As such, he is capable of casting spells. He is a spontaneous caster and as such does not need to prepare any spells ahead of time.

Jack of All Trades: As a Bard, Eon's been trained to turn his hand to anything. While he may not be as capable with it, he gets to add half his proficiency bonus to any Skills he is not proficient in.

Song of Rest: Soothing music and rousing stories encourage even the most damaged of his companions to fight on.  During a short rest, if any of his allies would regain hit points, they regain an additional D6 Hit points on top of it. This can affect Eon himself, as well as his companions.

Bardic Inspiration: A font of old stories, Eon has a tale for every occasion and uses them to great effect in order to rouse his allies, that they might follow the example of ancient heroes. He can target anyone within 60 Feet that can see and hear him. Within 10 minutes of being affected b the spell, the target can add 1D6 to an Ability check, Attack roll or saving throw they make. They can wait until after they roll the D20 in question to decide to use it, but it must be used before the GM informs them of the outcome.

Combat Inspiration: As a member of the College of Valor,  Eon has been trained in projection, being able to make himself heard over even the fiercest of battles, goading his allies on with encouraging stories. As such,  the Bardic Inspiration dice can now be used to add to a Damage roll in addition to everything else. Alternatively, if the character is attacked, they may roll the Inspiration die and add the score to their AC in order to avoid an attack.

Sneak Attack: Thanks to his time on the streets, Eon knows that sometimes cheating is the only option. As such, he's adept at using surprise and distractions to strike at vulnerable areas. If he has Advantage on an attack roll, or one of his allies is within 5 Feet distracting his enemy, Eon can add an additional D6 to one of his attacks per turn.

Actor: Well used to playing a variety of roles, Eon has found a lot of use for his skills perhaps not in the method originally intended for them. He gains advantage on Deception and Performance checks when he is passing himself off as someone else. Furthermore, his skills in mimicry mean that after hearing another creature or person talk or otherwise make a sound for a minute, he is able to mimic them almost flawlessly. Characters may make a Wisdom(Insight) check contested by his Charisma(Deception) in order to determine that the effect is faked.

Background: Urchin
Skills: Stealth, Sleight of Hand
Tools: Disguise Kit, Thieves Tools

Feature: City Secrets

Eon has spent a lot of time on the Streets of the Crossing. In that time, he's learned the city by heart. He knows the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When he's not in combat, he (and companions he leads) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Proficient: Light Armor, Medium Armour, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons Voice, Flute, Cittern, Thieves Tools, Disguise Kit, Alche

Traits: I hide scraps of food and trinkets in my Pockets
Ideals: I'm going to prove I'm worthy of a better life.
Bonds: I owe a debt I can never repay to a person who took pity on me.
Flaws: Gold seems like a lot of money to me, and I'll do just about anything to get more of it.

Equipment: Rapier, Dagger, Leather Armour, Entertainers Pack, A Small Knife, A map of the Crossroads, A pet mouse, A pendant that belonged to his mother, A set of Common Clothers a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Wealth:

Spells

Spoiler

Cantrips

Spoiler

Vicious Mockery:

Enchantment cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: 60 feet

Components: V

Duration: Instantaneous

You unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range. If the target can hear you (though it need not understand you), it must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn. This spell’s damage increases by 1d4 when you reach 5th level (2d4), 11th level (3d4), and 17th level (4d4) 

Level 1

Spoiler

Dissonant Whispers. 1st-level enchantment

You whisper a discordant melody that only one creature of your choice within range can hear, wracking it with terrible pain. The target must m ake a W isdom saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 3d6 psychic damage and must immediately use its reaction, if available, to move as far as its speed allows away from you. The creature doesn’t move into obviously dangerous ground, such as a fire or a pit. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and doesn’t have to move away. A deafened creature automatically succeeds on the save. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.  

Faerie Fire,

1st-level evocation

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area w hen the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius. Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can’t benefit from being invisible.  

Tasha's Hideous Laughter,

1st-level enchantment

Range: 30 feet

Components: V, S, M (tiny tarts and a feather that is waved in the air)

A creature of your choice that you can see within range perceives everything as hilariously funny and falls into fits of laughter if this spell affects it. The target must succeed on a W isdom saving throw or fall prone, becom ing incapacitated and unable to stand up for the duration. A creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or less isn’t affected. At the end of each of its turns, and each time it takes damage, the target can make another W isdom saving throw. The target has advantage on the saving throw if it’s triggered by damage. On a success, the spell ends.  

Cure Wounds,

1st-level evocation

Range: Touch

Components: V, S

A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs. At Higher Levels. W hen you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.  

Identify

1st-level divination (ritual)

Casting Time: 1 minute

Range: Touch

Components: V, S, M (a pearl worth at least 100 gp and

an owl feather)

You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a m agic item or some other magic-im bued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item w as created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it. 

Level 2

Spoiler

Phantasmal Force

2nd-level illusion

Components: V, S, M (a bit of fleece)

You craft an illusion that takes root in the mind of a creature that you can see within range. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, you create a phantasmal object, creature, or other visible phenomenon of your choice that is no larger than a 10-foot cube and that is perceivable only to the target for the duration. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs. The phantasm includes sound, temperature, and other stimuli, also evident only to the creature. The target can use its action to examine the phantasm with an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If the check succeeds, the target realizes that the phantasm is an illusion, and the spell ends. While a target is affected by the spell, the target treats the phantasm as if it were real. The target rationalizes any illogical outcomes from interacting with the phantasm. For example, a target attempting to walk across a phantasmal bridge that spans a chasm falls once it steps onto the bridge. If the target survives the fall, it still believes that the bridge exists and comes up with some other explanation for its fall—it was pushed, It slipped, or a strong wind might have knocked it off. An affected target is so convinced of the phantasm’s reality that it can even take damage from the illusion. A phantasm created to appear as a creature can attack the target. Similarly, a phantasm created to appear as fire, a pool of acid, or lava can burn the target. Each round on your turn, the phantasm can deal 1d6 psychic damage to the target if it is in the phantasm’s area or within 5 feet of the phantasm, provided that the illusion is of a creature or hazard that could logically deal damage, such as by attacking. The target perceives the damage as a type appropriate to the illusion.  

Krusk Thragmaw
Paladin (Devotion) 4
Medium humanoid (Half-Orc), Lawful Good

Proficiency: +2

Armor Class: 16 (Chain Mail +16)
Hit Points: 46 (10, 8, 8, 8 +[4 * 3])

STR 20 (+5) | DEX 10 (+0) | CON 17 (+3) | INT 10 (+0) | WIS 12 (+1) | CHA 18 (+4)
Saving Throws: WIS +3, CHA +6

Skills: Animal Handling +1, *Athletics +7, Deception +5, *Insight +3, *Intimidation +6, Medicine +1, Perception +1, Performance +4, *Persuasion +6, *Religion +2, Survival +1

Senses: Passive Perception 11
Languages: Common, Orc, Draconic, Celestial

Actions:
Greatsword - Basic Weapon Attack
+7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target (2d6+5/20 slashing)

Mace - Basic Weapon Attack
+7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target (1d6+5/20 bludgeoning)

Feats: Ability Increase (CHA +2), Great Weapon Master

Abilities: Darkvision - 60 ft., Relentless Endurance, Savage Attacks, Divine Sense, Lay on Hands, Shelter of the Faithful, Great Weapon Fighting, Divine Smite, Divine Health, Oath of Devotion, Channel Divinity (Sacred Weapon, Turn the Unholy)

Background: Acolyte (Bahamut)
Skills: Insight, Religion
Languages: Draconic, Celestial

Feature: Shelter of the Faithful

Proficient: Armor (Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields), Weapons (Simple, Martial)

Traits: I've spent so long in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
Ideals: Aspiration - I seek to prove myself worthy of my god's favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings.
Bonds: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaws: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple's hierarchy.

Krusk had always been a bit of an outsider, being one of the few people with Orc blood among his fellow villagers. With the protection of the dragons to keep them safe, they viewed religion and their connection to Bahamut to be more important over anything else. They were skeptical that Krusk could provide for their spiritual needs and help with the necessary religious duties. Although difficult, nothing was more important to Krusk and he worked harder than others to fulfill the needs of the church and it's people. When the ward became weakened and the people were no longer protected, he was asked by the head cleric to venture out and learn more about the new world, make contacts and spread the word to any unfaithful. As he was leaving, he was told about an old relic that was lost long before the cataclysm. If there is any chance, Krusk is now determined to find and return the relic to his people.

Equipment: Greatsword, Mace, Chain Mail, Shield, Explorer's Pack, Holy Symbol - Necklace, Prayer Book, Sticks of Incense x5, Vestments, Common Clothes

Wealth: 442gp

Spell Slots Available: Level 1 (2/3)

Oath Spells: Level 3 - Sanctuary, Protection from Evil and Good

Prepared Spells (CHAm + PALlvl/2) = 6: Lvl 1 - Bless, Wrathful Smite, Cure Wounds, Command, Heroism, Thunderous Smite

Shayuri
Neutral Half Elf Draconic Sorceror 4
Background: Sage

Str 10
Dex 18 +4
Con 16 +3
Int 14 +2
Wis 11 +0
Cha 20 +4

HP 34
AC 17 (13 + 4)
Prof Bonus +2
Init +4
Exp: 0

Race
Half Elf
- +1 to Con and Dex, +2 Cha
- Darkvision 60'
- Fey Ancestry (adv vs charms, magic cannot force sleep)
- Skill Versatility (prof in any 2 skills)

Class
Sorcery Points: 4
Bloodline: Dragon (fire)
- Learn Draconic langauge; gain 2x proficiency on Cha checks with dragons
- +1 HP per level
- AC 13+dex when unarmored
Font of Magic: Sorcery Points 4
Metamagic
- Subtle Spell (1 SP)
- Quicken spell (2SP)

Proficiencies
Weapons: Dagger, Dart, Sling, Quarterstaff, Light Crossbow
Armor: None
Tools:
Saves: Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma

Feats
Bonus - Resilient: Dexterity
4 - Ritual Caster: Wizard

Skills
Acrobatics +6
Arcana +4
Investigation +4
Persuasion +7
History +4
Stealth +6

Languages
Common, Draconic, Elven, Dwarven

Spellcasting: (Save DC 15)
Slots 1 - 4/4, 2 - 3/3
Known
0 - Firebolt, Shocking Grasp, Mage Hand, Control Flames, Dancing Lights
1 - Shield, Burning Hands
2 - Misty Step, Shatter, Levitate

Equipment
Cash: 335gp

Weapons
Firebolt, +7, 1d10, 120', fire dmg, can ignite target
Shocking Grasp, +7, 1d8, melee; adv vs hvy metal armor, target cannot make reactions
Light Crossbow, +6, 1d8+4, 80' range
- 20 bolts
Dagger x2, +6, 1d4+4, rng 20' thrown

Armor
None

Gear
Arcane Focus: Wand
Ritual Book
- Detect Magic
- Identify
Explorer Pack
Vial of ink
Quill

Background

Shayuri was raised mostly by her human parent, one of the archivists of the shelter she lived in. A huge underground library that she explored in mind as well as in body. Her mother, the elf, was one of the vanguard of the scouts who ventured out to verify that the world was safe. On her third journey, she didn't come back. Even so, the reports eventually did convince those in the durance that the time was right to emerge. Shayuri by that time had apprenticed to a wizard, but although she was intelligent enough to understand spell formulae, they never seemed RIGHT to her. They were making it too hard! Magic was easy...a few words, a gesture...all this preparation nonsense was overkill! In the end, she was a poor wizard, mastering a few rituals...but the magic she could muster from her own strength interfered with learning another way to do it.

Using that magic strengthened it though, and as it strengthened, it changed Shayuri. Strange glittering specks appeared on her skin in places, and those specks slowly grew into scales of golden hue. She had dreams she couldn't explain, and realized that without even having studied it, she knew the ancient language of dragons as though born to it. It was the same language that whispered to her at night. The same language she phrased her spells in, without even realizing it.

Her father had no idea why these things might be, but mused that his wife was quite a bit older...and these things might be magical in nature coming from Shayuri's elven side.

She decided to follow in her mother's footsteps, to go and explore the surface. Partly in hopes of understanding what was happening to her, but also in pursuit of a dream that kindled as she read the texts and tomes of her father's library. All this knowledge, and it was only a tiny bit of the learning of the shattered age. Other shelters knew other things, but no one had it all. What if there was a central place...a sort of grand collection that everyone could come and share their knowledge at? Surely something like that could be found...or if not found, then founded.

NANxZbi.jpg

UFEw54g.png

• Matt changed the title to OOC: D&D 5e: A New Age - Character Thread

Archived