OOC: STARFINDER: HFH - RULES AND SETTING

Here you will find any game specific rules and setting information

Starfinder – HEROS FOR HIRE

CHARACTER CREATION

Choose a Race.

Core Races are located in Chapter 3 of the book on page 40. Legacy Races can be found in Chapter 13 page 506

I would prefer characters be chosen from the Core Races but if you really really want a legacy race I won't say no if you give me a really really great backstory and Sci fi it up. Also I only want one representative of any given race, so if someone picks android only that character can be an android.

Choose Theme starting on Page 29 any Theme may be chosen for any class

Choose Class starting on page 58 any class may be chosen

Generate stats

We will be using the basic Point Buy system as outlined on Page 18 with the following change

all stats start at 10 and you have 13 additional points to distribute at a 1 for 1 basis. No stat may go over 18 at this time.

The rest of Character Generation follows the rules set forth in the book

Once Basic generation is done you may level your character to level 4 with 6001 xp

You may Multiclass (page 26)

apply all benefits of leveling to your character.

Equipment – Each Characters starts with 6000 +1d20X150 credits and must purchase any equipment beyond basic clothing that they wish to have. When purchasing equipment you may buy any items of your level+2 (6) or less. You may also buy any 1 item of any level if you can afford it.

Couple of setting things, shouldn't be a big impact but wanted to let you know anyway.

Starfinder is in a way a sequel to Pathfinder it is set in the same basic universe and has connections to the Pathfinder metaplot. I do not know anything about Pathfinder or it's metaplot and so I am not using any of that material beyond what is in the Starfinder book and even then I am only using it with regards to historical information. I will not be using the official adventure Pathways that are being published nor will I be adhering to the Metaplot.

I will however as GM be using third party material to flesh things out. If any of the material I use become relevant or accessable to PCs I will let you know

I will be using the setting with the following changes.

The universal reset caused by the gap and the gap it self never happened. As per the setting the drift engine was introduced 300-400 years prior to the current time. Before then space travel was much harder outside of single solar systems with needing powerful magics to propel ships faster than light or to cross dimensions to travel to other stars.

Humans are the most prolific race int he Galaxy. But not all Humans are alike. The humans of Ciztern 4 are all skinny and tall have dark Orange skin and are compleatly hairless but they have DNA which is 99.9999999999*% compatible with every other Human in the Galaxy. So you can and will run into Humans who don't always look normal but they are still Human.

The Planet of Golarian is the Legendary Birthplace of the Human race. Keyword Legendary. It is a myth. There is as far as anyone knows no planet by that name anywhere that anyone has ever been. Humans have sprung up everywhere but then so have some other races too, Halflings, Orc, so on.

The Pactworlds. this Unique Starsystem is much like it is in the book a star system which has been the home of 11 living(well mostly living) planets for millennia. it also harbors a huge space station of unknown origin.

Absalom Station- I don't like that name. The new Name for the station in my setting is The Starhome  Station. This station which has in the last 300 years become the center of The pact Worlds if not the entire Galaxy literally appeared in it's orbit on the day of Revelation. The huge space station was crewed by thousands of Humans in cryogenic sleep who were awoken only when the first system explorers docked  after discovering it. Those humans had no memory of where they were from originally only that they were from Starhome which is what the station came to be known as. Other than this change the station is pretty much as written.

The gods... are mostly as written but beware they are fickle and probably will interact a bit more with the likes of the PCs than is standard in Pathfinder games from what I am reading. As for how they act out side of individual quirks and such they will be a lot like the greek gods I think. But don't take my word for it lets just see what happens.

So as you can see there will be differences but not big great onse. If there is a question about the setting that i have not mentioned please ask.

Just because i like special projects i will be having them in Starfinder HFH too

1st up - Character Soundtracks. - in keeping with the Guardians of the Galaxy inspiration I am calling on y'all to make character soundtracks for your characters.

you may each pick up to 10 songs. any genre but they do need to reflect your character in someway even if it just the sort of tune she like. the song must be available on youtube. you cannot double a song. so who ever picks one first it is theirs. covers of someone else pick counts as doubling so you wont get xp for that

Each song to a max of 10 is worth 10 bonus xp so if you pick all ten you get 100xp

Post in your character sheet as follows

Heroes for Hire vol 1

song title - artist - youtube link

Have fun with it once all characters are submitted complete I will make a youtube play list for us

Bonus Bonus - submit a single song for consideration as the game theme song which I will pick. this will be worth 50xp

Heroes for Hire Vol 1
Theme: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onE43h_TUUY

Jexa's Soundtrack
01.) Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) Remix - Eurythmics -
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN0rf_1EpjE 

02.) No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

03.) Future Club - Perturbator - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfWPEjs1DE

04.) Killing Strangers - Marilyn Manson feat Tyler Bates - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34jC1fmeFD0

05.) Low Place Like Home - Sneaker Pimps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iGt5lfYP_0

06.) Short Change Hero - The Heavy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkvScx3Po8I

07.) Solar Sailer - Daft Punk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdU46cSqslI

08.) Led Spirals - Le Castle Vania - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqgDzBdaRL4

09.) Enjoy The Silence (Ki Theory Remix) - Depeche Mode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_1-oylPHjs

10.) Roads - Portishead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX5hQGHes7M

Game Theme -
"Untraveled Road" - Thousand Foot Crutch

Character's Soundtrack-
"I Like It Heavy" - Halestorm
"Amen" - Halestorm
"Freak Like Me" - Halestorm
"Mayhem" -Halestorm
"Make Me Wanna Die" - The Pretty Reckless
"Apocalyptic" - Halestorm
"Going To Hell" - The Pretty Reckless
"Heathens" - Halestorm Cover
"Blank Space" - I Prevail
"Evil Ways" - Blues Saraceno
"Knife And Stone" - Urban Country
"Aint No Rest For The Wicked" - Cage The Elephant
"Winterborn" - Cruxshadows
"Don't Stop The Devil" - Dead Posey
"Born This Way" - Thousand Foot Crutch

Gorunta's Soundtrack

1. March of Cambreadth - Heather Alexander
2. Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
3. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
4. War of Change - Thousand Foot Krutch
5. Headstrong - Trapt
6. Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin
Overture - God of War Series
8. Iron Legion - Twin Scoring Studio
9. Unstoppable - ES Posthumus
10. Victory - Two Steps From Hell

Jordayn's Soundtrack

1- Stuck In The Middle With You - Stealers Wheel
2- Can't Stop The Healing - Instalok (Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling parody)
3- My Silver Lining - First Aid Kit
4- Do You Feel It - Chaos Chaos (formerly Smoosh)
5- Ecstasy of Gold - Ennio Morricone (Or the Metallica Version)
6- Come Sail Away - J2 (Styx cover)
7- The Ballad of Serenity - Sonny Rhodes
8- Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
9 - Goodbye Moonmen - Jermaine Clement
10- Horizon Twilight - Mayrain, Juste, Punta, Luminia (Album)

• 2 weeks later...

Question! Can previous purchases be 'undone?'

By which I mean, if I'd had another 10k money to start with, I'd have made different purchases of armor, for example. Now I could just buy new armor with the 10k...but then I'd be basically out the value of the armor I bought back when I was po'.

It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things; just wanted to know if this is a chance to just revise all our purchases, or if this is on top of the purchases we already made with start funds.

Hey guys, no one's a stranger to what's going on so I'll not rehash it here.  Nina didn't leave me a plan (can't really fault her) so I'm going to wing it, meaning this might be epic or colossally blow up in our faces.  Given what it is, let's work with each other to power through this.

Give me a few days to formulate a decent cult-like scenario from which to rescue said true love.  In case she's poppin' in reading, let's give her her something to she can smile and proud of people.

(Also, I'm not opposed to accepting or modifying ideas thrown my way.  I've already looked into modifying a Pathfinder adventure that's similar to this scenario.)

Just as a suggestion to leave Nina's plot intact - mostly - the Solanya could be side-tracked by another plot of your own device, Dave, while on route to Atuz's true love, something serious - or interesting - enough that the rest of the crew simply doesn't give him the option to demand we ignore it.

• 1 month later...

After some thought and listening to y'all's comments i have decided to add this house rule.

Dexterity Stat modifier adds to both attack rolls and damage rolls for ranged weapons. In the case of thrown ranged weapons and conventional bows built for strength  the Strength Stat modifier can be substituted if the attacker desires.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok I know that many of you do not like the alignment system in d&d/PF/SF, i really don't either, but it is a thing and since many spells and abilities require alignment, so do I.

Those of you who have an alignment make sure it is on your sheet. Those of you who do not have an alignment, pick one and put it on your sheet.

If you do not have an alignment on your sheet I will pick one for you that is most convenient for my purpose at that moment.

Thank you

• Matt changed the title to OOC: STARFINDER: HFH - RULES AND SETTING

Archived