BESM Blaze Heart Chapter 1 Mistal

Justin OOC

[Brennan]  They inhaled and recoiled from the scent.  Brennan was thankful that he didn't possess Mutt's sense  of smell, just carried on the wind the scent was strong enough to make him sick.  Sulfur was never a pleasant smell.  "Hey, Mutt," Brennan asked, scrunching his expression as the scent hit them.  "Send up a flare, let the others know we found something, will ya?"

[Kaori]  "Everyone else failed?"  Kaori narrowed her eyes, inspecting the woman now a bit hesitant to wander off into some door.  "That implies that you succeeded where they didn't.  These games the demon proposed, what were they exactly,"  she lightened up and offered a chuckle.  "And what is it about the word demon that makes villagers think summoning one would be a great idea?  I swear, if you saw half the contracts we had back at the guild... 'sorry, we summoned this, our bad' or 'oops, we summoned that... come help'.  I'm telling ya, it crazy sometimes."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hoooooo-weeeeee. Get a whiff of that." Her nose scrunched up in distaste. Ugh. She could almost taste it. Fanning herself a bit to waft away some of the smell she nods to Brennan, taking a breath (and honestly regretting it), mixing it with her magic as she did, the brilliant glow already visible in the back of her throat. She tilts her head back and, with a sensation akin to something aligning and clicking into place, lets loose the spell straight up.

"Flare"

The beam of coruscating light would be visible for quite a distance, both light and the keening wail of the beam drawing attention to it..... 

Darrik went through it all, remaining placid as Deezy unveiled ever more intricate, clunky and smoke and spark belching 'investigative devices.' It was difficult, being the ever smiling, friendly one to offset Luci's professional coldness. It was a relief when the flare went up, and he saw and hear it. "Looks like Mutt and Brennan had more success then we did. Time to make tracks over to them."

"Aww! I think I just about got the bugs out!"

Deezy shook her device again, and a few more weird little magic-feeding insects dropped out and scurried away. This particular machine was one she almost NEVER got a chance to use!

But a flare was a flare.

She quickly broke her machine down to its core unit, and slid that back into its containment prism so she could carry it safely. Mostly safely.

"Alright, lets go!"

Just like that Deezy was running towards the spot the flare had been launched from.

[Kaori]

"The games can be nearly anything with fair and balanced rules.  Mine was a word association game.  I did win, because I am old and Crafty."   She smiled, but it seemed rather sad.   "I was also the first to go.   Perhaps he lost on purpose to build the hopes of others. No one else even came close to winning, and now, they all suffer a worse fate than death in my opinion."

[at the sulfur spring]   Once the others arrived, they began to explore, and made a somewhat grisly discovery.  The wall of the spring that was part of the mountain was nothing but human faces, all contorted in agony, mouths agape in silent screams.  There were hundreds of them, even those of children.  

On seeing that macabre display, Deezy gaped for a second, then fitted her goggles down over her eyes. With a thin whine the lenses powered up, and little green runes could be seen cascading down them. She reached up to twist the rims of the glass, clicking little wheels and adjusting sliders.

Deezy zoomed in a little on the faces in the walls and began scanning for signs of magic that might still be lingering here.

TIAMAT Perception: 2D6+11 = [4, 1]+11 = 16

[Kaori]  Kaori winced at the thought of what sort of fate she might be speaking of.  She knew the power inherent in monsters from the other realms, and if her spirits were any indication of that power, then she could only imagine what horrible fate the villagers succumbed to.  Kaori was on the fence though, were it not for the guild contract she was more inclined to leave the villagers to their fate, after all they did summon the thing and now they got exactly what they deserved.  Why did the guild always have to save people from their own stupidity?  "That's vague... what sort of fate befell them?  My fri-allies and I came to battle this demon, and help the village.  Is there anything you could tell us that might help us defeat it?"

[Brennan]  Brennan was enraged.  This sort of evil was unlike anything he'd seen before.  Around him the winds picked and on the breeze was the scent of fire and sounds of war as his inner emotions radiated outward through his magic.  "Whatcha got Deez?  Please tell me you got something.  We need to stop this monster."

Luci had looked around upstairs and not found anything of note except empty rooms. She was about to enter the kitchen when she heard Lynn and Kaori talking so she paused to listen. Her eyes narrowed

Something about Lynne's story bothered Luci but she couldn't put her finger on it. She was just about to push open the door when something caught her eye from outside the window. Tendrils of hair opened the shutters wider and Luci could now see it fully and recognized the flare as Mutt spell.

They had found something.

She pushed open the door to the kitchen. “Kaori, Mutt's found something. Dinner will have to wait for now.”

Lynne seemed unfazed,  "If you're going out, be back before sunset, that's when Iratos returns."   She turned her attention to Kaori.   "We saw nothing of his combat power, only his ability to trap souls, Your choices are to play games with him, with very well defined unbreakable rules, or try to fight him without knowing about him.  That's all I can tell you.   I can say he feels quite powerful, and I've no doubt he could have destroyed the town if he felt so inclined."

At the Spring, Deezy got a solid reading for magical power, but zero signs of life.    "Their lives, their souls, it's all being converted into magical power.   This isn't stone, but lacrima."   It was unreal, there had never been records of living souls turned into magical power, at least none that the general public had ever heard of, including most wizards.   Clearly whatever they were dealing with wasn't just some run of the mill demon.

"Lacrima," Deezy said to Brennen. "This is all lacrima. Whatever did this must've already been really strong, and now with all this it'll be even stronger. Plus...I dunno how exactly people got turned into lacrima, but if there's ANY chance of turning them back then it would depend on the lacrima not being broken. So we'd have to be really careful throwing combat magic around."

That last bit came out as a lament. Deez had some truly powerful spells, but they tended to devastate large areas too. Protecting the lacrima would limit her options a lot!

"...sooooo. No smashing the Crystal?"

At Deezy's nod, Mutt's shoulders sagged.

"Whelp. That's me out of ideas. Looks like we need to find this Ira-whatever guy and feed him his teeth till he fixes things."

Mutt had always been someone who, needing to get from A to C, preferred to bulldoze straight through B rather than going around it.

[Brennan]  "Lacrima... of course!"  Brennan clenched his fist and gritted his teeth.  "All of these people... their suffering... I'm with Mutt.  Let's find this thing and put an end to it."  His expression relaxed while the wind near him seemed to steadily die down.  "Uh...Deezy, what's lacrima again?"

[Kaori]"Okay!"  Kaori shouted from where she was in the kitchen, "I'm coming!   Thank you, ma'am, you've been an incredible help."  She was telling the truth for the most part, although she wasn't sure all of the woman's story added up.  She wiped her hands on a towel and ran off to meet Luci.

"I'm not sure about this, Ms. Lacuna,"  She started as the two women left.  "Something doesn't add up.  Aside from an entire village summoning a demon and us having to bail them out.  I mean, I understand stopping the demon the set loose, but... the people are hardly innocent."  The Celestial Keys at her side jingled and chimed.  "Yes, precisely Craten, you mess with the bull, you get the horns."

They headed to meet with the others. Luci her brow furrowed deeper as she listened to Kaori, her lips a thin line neither frown nor smile.

"Your right something doesn't add up but in the end we aren't here to help these idiots anyway, all we are here to do is find and retrieve the item that was lost."

She looks sideways at Kaori with out slowing her stride. "Best not to be distracted by anything else." she says coldly.

The Sun was already starting to  drop to the horizon, sunset wouldn't be too long.  If they took Lynne's warning to heart, that's when she expected Iratos to return.   Why she remained was still a mystery, and seemingly she had no fear of the demon at least with regards to herself.  This left the group with two obvious choices, wait for the demon here, at what it was no small deductive leap to conclude was his personal spring, or return to question Lynne more about things.   The choice was up to them, but they didn't have all that long to decide.

At the Inn Lynne sighed.   Iratos wasn't her only concern.   She silently used her own magic to make the vehicle vanish.   She was expecting other guests tonight as it was, and they were a rowdy sort.   They'd be along any minute.   "I wonder who will arrive first?  Tonight will be one to remember, that's for sure."

[Kaori]  "Right, nothing else.  No distractions."  She didn't have the confidence that Luci had.  She tried to sound like she did but a trained ear would have heard her words falling short of believable.  "The item... of course.  The one we don't know what it is, what it looks like, or generally anything about it?  The itm that could literally be anything and we'd never even know it?  That item?"

[Brennan]  Brennan stood there rocking on his heels.  "Soooooo... lacrima... anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?  C'mon... I'm not talking for my health here... what the heck is this stuff and can I just punch them out of it?"

"Yeah, no, sorry," Deezy blurted, looking around at Brennan through her goggles. "Just going over these readings. Lacrima's basically crystallized magical energy...it can have lots of different specific properties based on the kind of magic it was made from and the techniques used to make it and so forth. So...no...don't punch them. At least not yet. We need to analyze this stuff and try to work out how it was made if we're going to undo it properly."

She sighed and shook her head, sending her pigtails wibbling and wobbling. "If it can be undone. Look, lets find the others and see if they found anything out."

8 hours ago, Kaori Aoyama said:

Kaori]  "Right, nothing else.  No distractions."  She didn't have the confidence that Luci had.  She tried to sound like she did but a trained ear would have heard her words falling short of believable.  "The item... of course.  The one we don't know what it is, what it looks like, or generally anything about it?  The itm that could literally be anything and we'd never even know it?  That item?"

Luci stops her hair swirling around her agitated as if a gale were blowing. There wasn't. She glance's to the side at Kaori looking at her but not looking. Her eyes narrow to slits her already thin lips almost disappearing at the younger girls reminding.

"Yes, That Item. Come on it will be dark soon and I think we should all get back to the inn. I don't want to meet this Demon on his ground."

She starts walking much faster toward where the others should be. In moments She and Kaori come up to the rest of the guildmates and the Lacrima pit. Luci barely gives the pit a glance.

"It's going to be dark soon I think we should wait on the Demon at the Inn not on his ground and not on his terms. Lets  get back inside and you can tell us what you found out about this while we eat and wait for the demon. I think if we are at the Inn it will try to deal with us through it's game but out here it may just attack. And I want to meet it first see what we are up against. And demon aside, let's not forget why we are here."

Deezy flicked the lenses on her TIAMAT goggles up so her eyes would be visible as she goggled at Luci.

"Demon?! Wait...back up there! This was done by a demon?! Oh..."

She looked back at the lacrima, moving the lenses back into place. "...I really want to take a piece of this back. You NEVER get a chance to see demon artifice this side of Hell. Just a little piece probably wouldn't hurt, right?"

1 hour ago, Deezy Klatta said:

"Yeah, no, sorry," Deezy blurted, looking around at Brennan through her goggles. "Just going over these readings. Lacrima's basically crystallized magical energy...it can have lots of different specific properties based on the kind of magic it was made from and the techniques used to make it and so forth. So...no...don't punch them. At least not yet. We need to analyze this stuff and try to work out how it was made if we're going to undo it properly."

Mutt nodded.

"Like my music!" she removes the small device from her pocket and with the click of a button ejects a small wafer of crystal. "Lacrima. The enchant music onto it, or something. I slot it into the Magic Player and it lets me listen to it whenever I want to!" and she was really thankfull it did as well. While nowhere near as sharp as her nose, her hearing was still head and shoulders above the average persons. Sometimes it was nice to just have something to drown out all the.... everything.... that was going on around her. With a quick "snickt" the wafer returns to its housing.

"They even have a way of reverse scrying or something, that the set up for some of the big tournaments! That's how I was able to watch the last time, even though I was out on a mission. You fell asleep. Again."

Nodding to herself, she leans against one of the walls and closes her eyes. Seemingly completely at ease, minus the comparatively shallow breathing thanks to the smell. In reality her attention is focused with an almost laser like precision on what her ears are telling her. Still nothing of note, though.... yes. Two sets of footsteps. One determined and shadowed by an almost hissing susurus and one almost pitter patter of nerves struggling to keep up with the formers longer strides. Luci and Kaori. She'd recognise Luci anywhere, at any rate.

1 hour ago, Luci Lacuna said:

"It's going to be dark soon I think we should wait on the Demon at the Inn not on his ground and not on his terms. Lets  get back inside and you can tell us what you found out about this while we eat and wait for the demon. I think if we are at the Inn it will try to deal with us through it's game but out here it may just attack. And I want to meet it first see what we are up against. And demon aside, let's not forget why we are here."

One Chartreuse eye opens and flicks over to her, both eyes blinking open shortly after.

"But..... can we not just hit it till it stops moving? Why we gotta play games with it?"

A seconds silence and she raises her hand.

"..... We're.... not just here to kick the crap out of something?" the look she gives is one of pure confusion. She may have fixated slightly on some parts of the briefing over others.

[Brennan]  "Demon!?"  Brennan's expression was a mixture of anger and joy.  Sure, he hated that these poor people had suffered, but there was something to fight under all of this nonsense, a target to pummel and that made sense to him.  "Sweet!  Finally something to punch!  Luci, don't be such a-fraidy cat.  There's like ten of us, we can totally take one demon down!"

"Mutt's totally right,"  Brennan pointed at his fisty, punchy compadre.  "Punch it till it stops moving.  It's the perfect plan!  We totally got this."

[Kaori]  "Uh-um... d-demons are very strong,"  Kaori was practically hiding behind Luci, standing just far enough behind her that they could still see her.  She used Luci's intimidating figure to make up for her lack of self-confidence.  "Wh-what if in the battle all these people get shattered?  How c-can we save them if we hurt them in the process?"

She tucked her head behind Luci.  "J-just a thought..."

Luci hangs her head her hair swirling around her like a dark cloak at midnight. "If we beat the demon we may not find the Item we are here to recover. If we do not find the item, we fail the mission. It doesn't matter if we beat a thousand demons. No item, failed mission."

She swings her hand at the pit. "I dare say the wizards sent along with the item are in there. So Shall we go back to the inn try and find out about what we came here for, or are all of you going to just go on and be your usual destructive selves leaving me to cleanup after."  It wasn't a question apparently as she spun and started marching back to the inn.

"Coming?"

"Awwwww... But Luci...."  she whined plaintively, pouting at the older woman. She really didn't see the need to pander to the Demon's whims. Nothing wrong with beating seven shades of shit out of it till it did what they told it to.

Seeing the completely unimpressed look she was getting, she gave way, moving to follow, arms folded across her chest as she sulked slightly. If it had been anyone else, she likely would have just ignored them as a matter of course, but Luci was different and so she followed along.

"Fine. We'll go back to the house and play Tea-party with a Demon and then I'm going to put my foot so far up it's ass it'll spitting boot leather for a month."

When the others finally decided to follow along, they made it to the inn to find Lynne waiting, just as the sun began to set.  "Inside, quickly, The food is ready."  With the last of them in, she followed, and then showed them to the room that was prepared.  What they each noticed as they walked through the Inn was that two other rather large rooms were also prepared now, Though the food wasn't set out within them, the tables were.   Only when they were ensconced within their own room, the door shut behind Lynne, and she smiled.   "Please, refresh yourselves.  I will have other guests this evening, but, simply call my name and I will come and see to your needs.   I have rooms for you to stay the night, and of course if you wish, enjoy the springs while you are here.   I will ask that you do not Leave the Inn again until daybreak, and warn that if you do, the consequences will be upon your own heads."

"Hang on a second."

Deezy peered more closely at Lynne and adjusted her goggles. The lenses rotated, clicked, then rotated back the other way, whirring all along.

She reached slowly out with a single fingertip and just sort of...pushed very gently against Lynne's arm, as if verifying that she was solid.

Deezy is seized with a suspicion Lynne is the demon, and is scanning her with Magic detection function of her goggles:

TIAMAT Perception: 2D6+11 = [3, 4]+11 = 18

• 2 weeks later...

Lynne looked at Deezy and her smile didn't wholly disappear, but it wasn't as big as before.  "You know it's generally considered rude to do that to someone you don't know."  She left without another word, and after a few minutes they could hear the faintest of sounds, evidently she had other guests now, and She was tending to them now.  Their food lay before them, everything neat and with perfect presentation, it all smelled great.

"Huh!"

Deezy slides the goggles back up out of her eyes and blinks as she gets used to seeing normally again.

"Welp, she's not a demon...but she's a wizard all right. Maybe even stronger than we are. And she's got a lot of different powers, which is weird. I definitely saw a Demonslayer aura...not sure about the others."

The tech-wizard shook her head. "Why would a demonslayer just sit around while a town's getting eaten by a demon though?"

"Well, maybe we could ask if you hadn't been rude!  Geez, Deez."  Brennan slapped her on the arm.  "Way to go."

"What's done is done," Kaori said meekly, barely able to be heard over everything else going on.  "W-we may as well eat.  We'll need our strength regardless."

"Eh, good point,"  Brennan shrugged.  He an Deezy glared at each other, like another slap fight was about to start any moment.  He narrowed his eyes.  "Truce.  Food first.  Then you shall pay for you peeping transgression!"

Without more words he began to shovel food into his mouth, which they all knew would lead to one hell of a nap afterward.

Mutt hummed in contentment, belly full. She, of course, had started eating the moment food was available and in the time the others had finished their little investigation and squabble, had already put a dent in the food.

She perks up briefly at the mention of demons, deflating with a quiet "Awww" when it became apparent that there were none present.

• 2 weeks later...

It was nearly an hour later when they heard the sounds of a scuffle, the shattering of dishes and of tables being overturned, and a brawl breaking out.  Shortly afterwards, That's when the screaming began.  

Long a guild of action, the Wizards of Blaze Heart sprung into action, bursting out of their room heading towards the screams.   What greet them when they arrived bursting into the other room was a scene mostly of carnage.   There was blood on the walls, and at the entrance was Lynne's body, unmoving.  Near the back of the room was a red-haired man with ram's horns on the sides of his head, holding aloft a bandit.  He clicked his tongue derisively.  "Not even enough Ether-nano to drive ten miles.  You wouldn't even make enough lacrima to amount to anything."  His hand twitched, and the man's head popped off like a cork with a shower of blood.   Huddled in the corner of room was a young woman, dressed in blood spattered robes which had once been pure white, her white hair marred with blood.   

At the man's feet was a small pile of Lacrima, some had faces, but most did not, some were the size of an adult's palm, and some the size of dinner plates.   "Still it wasn't a total loss.  I got an impressive haul.  Too bad she escaped again though."   He looked down at the young woman.  "You're the real prize, and what you hold."  

IT was then that he noticed the other wizards.  "Well well, more guests.  The old bitch was holding out on me after all."

combant begins.   roll initiative and post your actions.  Your foe oozes confidence, and those who can sense magical power can feel it in the air.  Deezy easily recognizes the power, this is true demonic power, this is Iratos.

Brennan's eyes grew wide with shock and horror.  His expression shifted to anger and rage.  His fists were clenched at his side and his eyes narrowed.  "Buddy, you picked wrong plane to visit tonight."

He was gone, launching forward like a thrown spear.  Air rushed through the room.  Windows shattered and the shudders slammed open and closed.  Around his fists the air grew so dense it took the appearance of shifting, swirling white-grey mist.  He slid to a halt thrusting his arm upward in an uppercut and his other arm downward.  From his hands blades formed from powerful gusts of air and slashed forward forming into circular discs of razor thin weapons that lashed towards the demon.  "Se Tenkuu Hadou!"

Spoiler

Roll(2d6)+10: 1,4,+10 Total:15
(Weapon 3, Range 1, Deplete) 3EP/Use

"THERE he is!" Deezy shouted, and grabbed a crystal ball from her pouch, hooking it up with dizzyingly fast hand movements to a set of gold rings and wires to crystalline coils that buzzed and hummed. She set it on a little socket on the shoulder of her harness, and the thing lit up from within with a shifting, rotating light that constantly cycled through all the colors of the rainbow. The light seemed to coalesce around Deezy, creating a sort of dome several yards across centered on where she was standing.

"Klattatech Radiant Bubble defense field, GO! Everyone, stand close to me! If he tries to turn us to lacrima this should stop it!"

Then she drew a gunmetal-grey weapon from a holster at her hip...laced with copper and zinc, with a bright, polished ball of metal at the 'business' end. As Deezy powered it up little arcs of lightning raced along the weapon's surface and collected on the ball, zipping and crackling!

"Series D Lightning Cannon! Take this, demon!"

She took aim and the air lit up with blinding blue-white lightning, the CRACK of thunder, and the smell of ozone!

Attack!: 2d6+7 12, +2 because ranged combat modifier from TIAMAT. Level 6 weapon, times 6 (including Massive Damage to Magitech), for 43 electrical damage!

Radiant Bubble is Mind Shield +5 and Resistance +5, with Area 2 (Deezy and anyone standing adjacent to her, basically)

Deezy's force field is also on. A grand total of 35 energy points spent so far!

"ABOUT DAMN TIME!"

She feels the adrenaline hit as Brennan lunges at the Demon, sharpening her senses to a knifes edge. She roars in challenge as a nimbus of light builds along her body. This is what she'd been holding on for.

"Light of Penance!"

The nimbus explodes out, whitewashing the room around them and leaving everyone drained of colour, Mutt an incandescent star in the middle of it. As it hits the Demon there's a violent snarl as the voracious light begins to eat away at him.

Spoiler

Light of Penance: 2d6+9 20

Damage = 3 x 8 + 9 = 33 Points of Damage.

Everything happened so fast, Kaori didn't realize exactly what was going on.  A demon appeared and they were all so gung ho about slaying it.  They had no fear, they had no concerns for their own safety!  She wanted to be impressed, but she wasn't them.  She was scared... petrified with fear.

Mutt's flash of light snapped her out of her stunned awe of the other mages selflessly attempting to avenge the loss of the tavern lady whose name escaped her in all the chaos.  She shook her head and snapped a key from her belt.  It was warm to the touch and as she held it aloft it exploded with into yellow-gold flame.

"Spirit of Fire, open your heart to me!"  She screamed.  "Spirit of Fire, open your soul to me, by the contract that binds us!  I summon your power to me!"

She socketed the magical key into the air where a shimmering key hole had formed and gave it a single twist.  The area exploded into fire as the summons took shape.  From the fabled cities of brass in the Spirit World across molten flows of magma in the volcanic regions came forth the Prince of Flames.

The flames clung and formed his body, a tall humanoid man with demonic features.  Large black horns swept back accented by a crown of forged brass and beset with several jewels.  Twin scimitars hung from his belt which he drew forth at the sudden realization that he'd been pulled from his realm.  He noticed Kaori and scoffed.  "Bah, the ignorant bimbo playing at summoner.  I see you have tangled with a demon and you dare call on me to bail you out of the," he chuckled snobbishly.  "Fire, so to speak."

"I-I'm sorry to bother you, Embrant.... b-but... my friends, they need your help!"  She pleaded with the spirit.

"I am the Judgement!"  He bellowed.  "I am the Flames of Judgement and the Sire of Fire!  You waste my time human!"  He sneered, baring fangs at Kaori.  "But the contract binds me... go!  Get out of my site you pathetic excuse for a mage.  Go be useless elsewhere while I tend to your incompetence.  Away with you, mewling weakling..."

Embrant drew his scimitars and snarled at Kaori, she screamed like a four year old being frightened on Halloween and ducked behind the nearest solid barrier and hid.  "Come demon!  Face the Judgement of Embrant!"

Spoiler

Embrant has taken Kaori's place in the combat.

When everyone rushed from the table they took no care slamming chairs backwards forward all around, Luci's hair became tangled in the mess of chairs the rest of the gang made as they ran from the room. Exasperated she had to untangle her tendrils before she could follow.

Mumbling, she came in last to the horrid sight of the Demon and it's victims. Silently she took it all in. No battle cries, no flashing powers and no charges at the demon, instead she used the cover of the rest of her guild mates actions especially those of Kaori to slip around the room in an attempt to flank the demon and get behind Iratos.

Spoiler

"Repulsive fiend." Darrik remarked as he joined the fray, lovely handsome face that of a composed, yet cold statue now. Shadows rippled about before black skeins formed about his hands. With the right hand, Darrik played his fingers the way he might use them to please (and would immensely so) a lover, but this time the flickering fingers made war, not love. The threads surged and formed into several ropey constructs of darkness, which Darrik tossed with a snap of the wrist at the demon.

"Kage no Ken!"

His left hand squeezed as if it could and was compacting stone, and darkness shaped like shards formed into place. As the demon faced the first stygian spell, Darrik brought both hands together and thrust them forward, launching waves of those dark shards at Iratos.

"Kurayami o Osu!"

Spoiler

"Kage no Ken"
(Weapon 5, Range 2, Flexible 2, Tangle 2, 8 EP per use)
Attack: 2D6+12 = [5, 2]+12 = 19
62 darkness damage.

"Kurayami o Osu"
(Weapon 4, Range 2, Autofire, Spreading 1; 8 EP per use)
Attack #2: 2D6+12 = [6, 4]+12 = 22
52 darkness damage per hit - and since if the previous attack hits the demon is Tangled and can't defend... B)

HP: 115/115
EP: 104/120
DR: 2/2

Any lesser foe would have been destroyed by such an intense barrage of attacks, Not Iratos.   There was a Wall of surging flames between the wizards and the demon, which oddly didn't seem to harm the building at all.   When they died down, Iratos was standing there, holding up one of the lacrima, which broke apart in his hands and he had the rest in the other hand.   "Good thing I just ate, or that might have stung abit."   

"Look if you kids really want to play, let's go outside.   Then we can All cut loose."   He looked down at the young girl, and sighed.  "Can't take you with me, since you're off limits.   I'll be back once i'm done playing with them though.  Those bandits had no idea who they'd captured."   

He paused only a moment to look at Kaori's Fire spirit.  "Been awhile.  I hope you're ready for another ass-beating if you're serious about playing with me."

There was a flash and roar of flame and Iratos was gone, The air smelling of brimstone and sulphur.   The young girl fainted as the demon left.  

We will now be posting in order (

Brennan, Mutt, Darrik, Kaori, Luci and Deezy )  You can go outside and fight or stay there and still act in the turn.   

"Kaori," Brennan lashed his head about looking for where the demon went and where Kaori was hiding.  "Take care of the girl, we'll handle the demon!"

Without another word he dashed off out the door, at the point in his stride moved so fast he literally disappeared and reappeared  several feet ahead of his own pace.  He made it out into the streets where the demon Iratos was out waiting for them.  He never broke his stride and continued his forward assault.  "You can't run, Demon!  No one in Blaze heart is faster than me!"

"Who says I'm running?" The demon said smugly.

Like an angry gale in a roiling storm Brennan was on the demon in a heart beat.  He slid in and launched a series of kicks, each one that struck him, whether blocked or not was accented with a thundering clap of wind and a gust of volatile air.  Around his hand and feet swirled turbulent fronts of visible wind currents.  The attacks were so swift the demon almost had a hard time defending himself and when Brennan realized it was like punching a brick wall he decided to back off.

Thunderous gusts of air exploded on the demon's hide in circular wakes of grayish-white wakes. Brennan leapt backwards into a dramatic backflip, summoning up power and strength in his magic he let forth a single blast of jagged razor sharp wind.  "Se Tenkuu Hadou!"

Spoiler

Attack 1: Roll(2d6)+10: 6,1,+10 Total:17 (Damage - 28)

Attack 2: Roll(2d6)+10: 3,6,+10 Total:19 (Daamge - 37)

Iratos was hit by the attacks, and Even though Brennan could feel each hit, the defenses the demon boasted were rather impressive.  "Wind Dragon magic is it?  Interesting.   You Dragonslayers are a rare breed these days.   You'd make a nice addition to my collection when this is over."  Still brimming with confidence, Iratos held up his fist, and smiled to Brennan.  "I think I'd like to see more of your powers, Perhaps some playmates for you and your friends are in order. "  Holding up his hand, a mote of fire burst into being from each fingertip, only to fall to the earth, and the ground began to shake.   From the ground 10 creatures, lesser hellhounds sprung forth.  "Get them."

With that the summoned beasts charged at the Wizards, and Iratos moved further back, moving away from the Inn.

The Hellhounds all have 110 health, ACV and DCV of 8  their bite and claws do 25 damage, and they can breath fire for 20 damage out to ten meters.  I'm gonna let you all have some fun with them, so go to it. A mind check can be made if anyone chooses to notice something about the battle.

Mutt is up.

"OI! The hell d'you think you're goin?"

She scowls fiercely at the demons newly surrounding them.

"Che. This is such bullshit. Aight! I'll take y'all on! TETRA CLAW!"

She launches herself at the nearest demon, fist clenched and blazing. The snarl of the demon she's facing off against termintes with a startled yelp as she punches it right between the eyes with enough force to bounce its head off the floor, leaving an indent in the wood and a smoking scar where her fist impacted its face. 

Grinning fiercely, her aura pulses again, the demons wailing in pain as the light begins to Burn.

Spoiler

Tetra Claw: 2d6+9 14

Damage = 3 x 8 + 9 = 33 Points of Damage from Tetra Claw

It (and all other Demons within a 1 meter radius) takes an additional 33 points of Damage thanks to Light of Penance.

Notice Roll: 2d6+8 15 (+4 Sight, Sound) (+7, Smell)

If the roll is sound or sight based, the total roll is 19.

If the roll is smell based, the total roll is 22.

Also: everything hit by one of her attacks needs to roll to avoid being blinded.

Archived