ABERRANT: WEIRDER STUFF – CHAPTER VI “SO WHAT ARE WE DOING TONIGHT?”

WS ST

"So, you're more like Lorien and the First Ones from Babylon 5," Sean mused, full lips pursed as she rested her on a hand, her elbow on the table. She was much more familiar with the Sci-fi show and with the span of time Pandora was claiming to have existed, she found the comparison more apt. "And your kin are the Shadows. Or the Vorlons? Maybe both. And they are seeking to destroy us... why? Nascent competition?"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Sure if you want to keep up the television analogies." Pandora answers Sean, "as for the desire to destroy you are correct.

My brothers have spent all of their existence garnering power until they are the pinnacle. we were the first being born who could touch the raw essence of creation who could manipulate the universe at it's most base level. Quantum Manipulation. We conquered our world became gods. And then we grew jealous of what the other had and threatened by new gods being born. We started to fight among our selves we destroyed those who were weaker. We spread out among the stars in our home Galaxy first, then into distant galaxies. When we were together we inevitable fought amongst ourselves so we divided the universe found the seven galaxies where we could each rule apart. But the one rules was to never let a rival come into being.

My brothers enslaved any sentient race they encountered, enslaved if they were useful eradicated if they were not. And any race which developed life capable of manipulating Quantum was immediately given a death sentence. Only when such a race was found, were all of my brothers gathered to lay waste to that world and erase the dna which produced the threat.

That is what you are facing, twelve beings of unimaginable age and power who are coming to kill you and destroy your world."

"Well, you're an 'Original', right?  Queen bad ass?  Why not jut stop it yourself?  You're some almighty being, simply say 'no' and make them go away,"  Devin wasn't phased with news of the world ending or gods from on high coming to wipe them out.  Hell, the room was filled with high schoolers who just dropped a nuclear football into the portal room of an alien ship not but a few hours ago.  Weird was pretty much their career now.  "I mean, you're living here too, right?  They wipe us out, they'll take you along with it.  Why do you need to Miyagi us into battling them?"

"They've been around for billions of of years, and you look great for seventeen billion, by the way.  I totally went though this cougar phase about a year ago and I gotta tell ya I woulda totally cleaned out your cobwebs, but I got a girlfriend now, I think, but I got some vintage stuff on a flash drive around here somewhere, it's amazing..."

Lilly slapped him in the back of the head.

"The point is: we're not gods.  I mean... I teleport... that's it.  The only one of us that can take a hit is Lilly, trust us... she never stops reminding us how invulnerable she is.  If gods are coming here, we're already screwed.  Except Lilly, because she's invulnerable."  He turned to Lilly and smiled.  "There, I reminded us for you."

Kia rubbed her forehead and sat down at the table.

"I don't even know where to start with this," she confesses. "Like...how do they even know about us if they're a galaxy away or more? And why did you make us like this, if you knew they'd just come and kill us? Was it just because of the Asheen? I don't get any of this."

Abel reached out a hand to gently squeeze Kia's shoulder reassuringly.  "I don't get all of it either Kia, but I'm sure that our guests have chosen to come forth now to give us information we need in order to choose how we proceed."   He looked to Pandora, and smiled.  "Devon is right, we're not gods.  Right now Unless I'm grossly misreading things, there's absolutely no way we'd defeat one entity with billions of years of personal experience, let alone twelve.  You don't strike me as the sort to come and simply inform a people that of impending doom, and with so much experience,  I doubt you would waste time so. "

His gaze never left her, "Why go against your own Kind?"

"Dude, it's Devin.  With an 'I'.  Stop saying it Dev-ON.  There is no 'o' in my name," Dev shot Abel a look.  "Christ, you're supposed to be some super mega-brain and you can't even get my name right."  He tossed his hands in the air and let them fall at his sides.  "See?  See Pandora?  This is what we have... tell me we're not screwed."

"Devin," Laurie hugged him, resting her chin on his shoulder.  "You're frustrated, we get it, but you're lashing out.  Chill."

He closed his eyes and sighed, trying to calm down.  He spun about and embraced Laurie, resting his chin on the top of her head.  "I know.  I know, I'm sorry."

19 hours ago, Kia Mizuki said:

Kia rubbed her forehead and sat down at the table.

"I don't even know where to start with this," she confesses. "Like...how do they even know about us if they're a galaxy away or more? And why did you make us like this, if you knew they'd just come and kill us? Was it just because of the Asheen? I don't get any of this."

"It's alright Kia it is a lot to take in I know." Pandora say in a comforting tone.

18 hours ago, Abel Cross said:

Abel reached out a hand to gently squeeze Kia's shoulder reassuringly.  "I don't get all of it either Kia, but I'm sure that our guests have chosen to come forth now to give us information we need in order to choose how we proceed."   He looked to Pandora, and smiled.  "Devon is right, we're not gods.  Right now Unless I'm grossly misreading things, there's absolutely no way we'd defeat one entity with billions of years of personal experience, let alone twelve.  You don't strike me as the sort to come and simply inform a people that of impending doom, and with so much experience,  I doubt you would waste time so. "

His gaze never left her, "Why go against your own Kind?"

"You are wrong Abel. You are a god, all of you are. You were made that way." She stands and walks to the window and peers out. "No you can't beat them now. But you can beat them, or I would never have revealed myself to you."

23 hours ago, Jaunt said:

"The point is: we're not gods.  I mean... I teleport... that's it.  The only one of us that can take a hit is Lilly, trust us... she never stops reminding us how invulnerable she is.  If gods are coming here, we're already screwed.  Except Lilly, because she's invulnerable."  He turned to Lilly and smiled.  "There, I reminded us for you."

"And that, Devin, is something none of us can do. We can't even use portal technology. It does very bad things to us. And there are other advantages you have. You just need to grow and be guided. And that is what I am here to do. No riddles, no cryptic messages, no head games.

I'f I can answer a question or show you how to do something I will."

"You say we were made this way," Sean said with a self-deprecating gesture are herself that alluding not only to the ludicrous change in the way she looked now compared to how she used to look as a boy, but also how they had all changed, "and that you had some hand in that. What about our..." Her lips quirked wryly, "... our rivals Courtney, Chet, and them? Or the earlier QEHs that occured during Project Stepping stone? Did you have a hand in their development at well? Is our ability with Quantum Manipulation a natural evolution of our specie's genetics or did it only arise through your interference?"

Sean liked how she had changed, even despite the trouble it has caused her. And regardless if Pandora's inference has caused her kin to target them for termination or not, the fact was it was done, they had changed, and the First Born now saw them as a threat. She was just curious.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, Sean Cassidy said:

"You say we were made this way," Sean said with a self-deprecating gesture are herself that alluding not only to the ludicrous change in the way she looked now compared to how she used to look as a boy, but also how they had all changed, "and that you had some hand in that. What about our..." Her lips quirked wryly, "... our rivals Courtney, Chet, and them? Or the earlier QEHs that occured during Project Stepping stone? Did you have a hand in their development at well? Is our ability with Quantum Manipulation a natural evolution of our specie's genetics or did it only arise through your interference?"

Sean liked how she had changed, even despite the trouble it has caused her. And regardless if Pandora's inference has caused her kin to target them for termination or not, the fact was it was done, they had changed, and the First Born now saw them as a threat. She was just curious.

"No not individually, I tweaked your spices genetics hoping to get a Quantum response. It turned out much better than I had hoped." She walks back to the table of food picks up a piece of celery and studies it. " The Universe is a fickle thing It knows what it wants. Your world isn't the first where this has occurred. I am hoping it will be the last.

You can call it evolution if you want, but yes your abilities are not something i directly contributed to that's all you.

And soon you won't be alone.

The T'tauri did their part and siphoned off a great deal of the particles which cause the organ you call the MR Node to grow. But they couldn't get it all. There will be manifestations of QEH beings, not as powerful as the seven of you, but in time some of them will probably be able to challenge you.

For now your Identities are still safe, the world as a whole will remain ignorant of the truth of what happened. It will be explained as a large Meteor strike which hit in the remote Valley. it's isn't a perfect story but it will be believed. Your 'friend' deathotter has been convinced to help with that.

The others are still gathering their fleet they are unaware of the Asheen Failure but they won't be for long. It will take them time to gather and then come here You will need to be ready.

Spoiler

Ok  i'm ending the chapter here I will make a OOC post with some game directions soon. sorry for dragging my ass with this

"So then who is Raven? And what exactly is Hooli and his.. I dunno.. enemy or opposite or whatever. The other being who appeared as a girl who was manipulating the Deviants and told us to stay clear?" Lilly asked, her eyes slightly narrowed.

"And was that you sending me those visions when I kissed Sandy, and messing with Sandy's head, and making Taleena say stuff? Did you send us on our alternate dimensional detours?" Lilly continued, rattling off questions.

Things had been bugging her, and now she was going to get some answers.

2 minutes ago, Lilly Ann Pryor said:

"So then who is Raven? And what exactly is Hooli and his.. I dunno.. enemy or opposite or whatever. The other being who appeared as a girl who was manipulating the Deviants and told us to stay clear?" Lilly asked, her eyes slightly narrowed.

"And was that you sending me those visions when I kissed Sandy, and messing with Sandy's head, and making Taleena say stuff? Did you send us on our alternate dimensional detours?" Lilly continued, rattling off questions.

Things had been bugging her, and now she was going to get some answers.

"Sean, Abel, and Alec can probably explain things better than I can, I don't know the math." Pandora smiled that million dollar smile. "Hooli and the other one were echos of a future which could have been. But that door is closed I'm pretty sure.

Raven was Apollo  trying to be cryptic and getting into the whole Talena was and Native American bit. He has a bit of a dramatic flair you know.

As for the other things No. Your visions, the Time hopping dimension quests, experiences, whatever you wish to call them That was quantum entanglement something we don't have and what gives you the edge.

In essence It was the Universe sharing itself with you.

• 2 weeks later...

WASHINGTON DC SEVERAL DAYS AFTER KEMU VALLEY

Captain K'erk of the Starship Qeeg sat quietly with Dr No'Doo his chief science officer, and look on with growing concern and annoyance. The room was oval in shape and made both of the aliens a bit uncomfortable. Their culture found the sphere to be the perfect shape and to them an oval was a deformity. and with the actions and attitudes of the near dozen humans in the room with they K'erk was thinking that deformity was too nice of a word.

"Are you picking up the various sub-converstaions going on with people not even here and privy?" K'erk said sub-vocally his suit transmitting the ultra subsonic to his science officer.

"Yes, they are fractious not only with these other Nation States but even among themselves. I count at least seven opposing agendas birthing as we sit. and this President does not seem to undr stand anything we have told him."

"Sorry about the interruption gentlemen," POTUS said, 'had to take that call. Now where were we, About the spaceship.." one of the military men passed POTUS a tablet which he paused to read. "About the ship if your reluctant to trade for the vessel itself perhaps you would be willing to share design plans so that we could build them ourselves."

Abruptly K'erk stood up to his full height an impressive (for his species) 3 1/2 feet. "This is not going to work. Mr President, We feel that dealing with one...nation among dozens is difficult enough, but here we are in this room speaking to what your people call the most powerful office on your planet and you are being given advice but too many opposing agendas.

This is not how we do business.

How your planet has managed to survive is beyond me but I wish to deal with someone I can understand and who knows how to make sense.

Where is Laurie Cassidy? We wish to deal directly with her."

Spoiler

do not post - this and some coming interlude posts are for setting up the next chapter

INTERLUDE

FAR ABOVE THE EARTH

Sara floated serenely in space listening to the music of the world below. Of course it wasn't really music and she wasn't really hearing anything but that's how she thought of it, how she tried to explain it to Sean. Not being able to share it with her through the link like they did everything else, especially when they were fucking which was the most amazing feeling ever, was annoying.

But she couldn't share the music, not any more than Sean could share her own cosmic awareness as she called. That too was fucking annoying.

Space rippled above and behind her where the huge T'Tauri Spaceship orbited invisible to prying eye. They were teleporting down someone or up. Just like Star Trek.

The world accepted the the giant meteor hitting in china story readily enough, after all if what some of the conspiracy theorists were claiming (and some of those were pretty damned close) had happened the world would have been changed and so many things different for the masses it was just easier to take what ever kept the status quo alive.

Of course the governments of the other nations Particularly China and Russia saw things in a very different light.

Ambassadors were sent to meet with counter parts. Disclosures were made, made and summits scheduled. and secrets were kept from the citizens on a scale greater than any before. And all the while the US was trying so far unsuccessfully to sway the Aliens to ally with them and only them.

More lies more games.

Then there were the QEH's. In the short time since the Battle of Kemu Valley and thanks to the orbiting T'Tauri ship, eight quantum events of a strength strong enough to indicate manifestation of a QEH of Gamma or Delta level. Most of them in China and the surrounding nations, but two of them much further away. One in Iran, and one in Ukraine. According to Science Officer No'Doo of the Qeeg, these detection's are probably not the only occurrences merely the strongest that have occurred when the Qeeg was in a position to pick them up.

Every effort was being made to Identify and locate these new potential QEH's.

Spoiler

in case y'all forgot and so you don't have to go look it up.

Currently we are classifying the QEH's into four classifications

Class I – which are the Irregulars and anyone displaying what we are terming Superpowers, like Flying, Shooting energy from hands or eyes, etc.

Class II – is a QEH who is displaying Psychic Abilities

and Class III – which are those QEHs who display only enhanced physical and mental enhancements. We are also classifying each individual by power level which is actually easier to quantify. For this we have five levels currently, using the Greek alphabet with Alpha being the lowest power rating and following the sequence, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, then skipping to Omega as the highest. This allows us to insert additional levels as needed.”

• Nina locked this topic

Archived