Mutants and Masterminds: Hero High!

Dave ST

Welcome to Hero High!

A 3rd Edition Mutants and Masterminds Game

The sales pitch!

So, you want to play teen heroes? Great! But…why? For starters, all the adult supers are trying to tell you what to do and how to do it. They’re older than your parents, and they’re wearing tights! How gross is that? And speaking of your parents, they always ground you right before the big alien invasion. You also get blamed when your extra-dimensional pet wreaks havoc at the mall (nobody said feeding it french fries covered in nacho cheese was a bad thing—or maybe they did…you weren’t really listening at the time). Oh, and they still give you homework. Shouldn’t having powers give you a pass on certain things, like maybe high school?

Yeah, you wish.

Between the powers, the hormones, the homework, the rivals, and all the drama, it’s bad enough out there without throwing villains into the mix. Unless, of course, beating on the villains is your version of therapy, in which case, they’re the one thing in your life that isn’t complicated.

And beating them down sure does put you in a better frame of mind....

Hero High is a Mutants and Masterminds game set in the Emerald City campaign setting at a West Coast campus of Claremont Academy or ECCA (Emerald City Claremont Academy). Emerald City's version of Claremont Academy was built to be an exact duplicate of the campus in Freedom City and was built in 2005, just four years after Duncan Summers, the original Raven, had finished remodeling the original campus in Freedom City. In the past twelve years the academy has been under the supervision of Lawrence Hunt and his hand picked faculty.

Claremont Academy is a private school catering exclusively to super-powered teenagers. The general public is not aware that the Academy is for super teens only and Director Hunt spends a lot of his time refusing grants and endorsement from Emerald City's rich elite trying to buy their child's place within the halls of such an exclusive private school.

So, what are the rules?

Glad you asked. The rules are simple: characters are super teens from the ages of 15 to 19 and you may have any background except: Child of a God. You want to be a sorcerer? You got it. Want a battle suit? Okay. An android from an alternate Earth? Fine by me. Just keep in mind I approve what's acceptable.

Your character should be PL8 and 120PP. I'm not a sticker so if you go a point or so over I'm not going to enter beast mode as long as you can justify it. Keep in mind the Claremont also offers College level classes, so older heroes are possible if you would prefer not playing someone too young. The tone of the game shouldn't change, after all, we're not trying to market a television show to Cartoon Network to appeal to a younger generation, we're playing a game.

What Age are we playing in?

This game will be set at the beginning of the school year, 2016 in the Modern Age. Basically the mélange of things, the Rocky Road of the eras. The age has a bit of everything, with a drive by some heroes to revisit the Silver or Golden Age ideals (but not their naivety). There’s a general distrust in authority, and many teens are not only coming into power independently, but also fighting crime on their own. Just as you might expect from modern comics, nearly every nerd and geek of Claremont are built like professional surfers, cleavage is rampant and there's never a short supply of leather, latex and spandex ready to be vacuum sealed to ones flesh while sporting heels no respectable teen should be caught dead in. Robots, guns, explosions, eye lasers, satellite space stations... it's all on the table.

Modifiers and Benchmarks

Abilities – There is no change to ability scores.

Skills – Starting skill ranks may only as be as high as the PL. This is to reflect that as teenagers it is very unlikely that the characters will have extensive knowledge in any one field of study, especially professional fields. The exception to this rule are those characters where professional skills are part of their shtick. Budding engineers with battle suits, sorcerers with magical studies. Note that it says 'professional skills'. Amazons don't get to max out close combat simply because 'they like to fight' no more than the schools emotion manipulating hottie gets to max out persuasion because 'that's what she does'.

Advantages may add to a skill totals per normal rules up to the normal rule of PL x 2.

Advantages- Characters should have advantages appropriate for both their age and their shtick. Chances are you do not have Tony Stark money. Your parents might (which is how you built your battle suit), but the most they're giving you is a small trust fund or a weekly/monthly allowance to get the things you need.

Powers – Powers are pretty much powers, providing they fit the shtick. As a rule of thumb, if I can not relate the powers you've created with one of the powers presented in the Power Profiles books then I'll ask you to change it.

This game will be slated to start sometime by the end of the month, pending interest.

Working on a concept for a spellcaster super-wizardly sort. Have the mechanics worked out, but may want to tweak them as I hammer out the backstory and get a feel for the character, so I'll post it up when I'm closer to being done with that.

Revision - Making a photokinetic trickster!

I'm thinking Daughter of a  Russian Gangster who fled to America with his millions and went legit. Her mom is his trophy wife and she is a mutant with Sonic powers and mad skillz. very  much a delinquent metal chick, lots of tatts and leather

I was asked if characters can be sons or daughters of existing canon heroes (or villains).  The answer is yes.  You can be the next Raven, Bowman or Johnny Rocket.

If you're having trouble coming up with something, just remember that originality is dead, steal from your favorite comic books.  To give you a few examples, Warren 'Revenant' Verona was mash between Rogue and Gambit.  He stole people's powers and charged objects making them explode.  The undeath thing was just a shtick to make him more 'mine'.  Fianna (or Artemis) for those that remember her was a cross between Sabertooth and Poison Ivy.  A woman who had all the feral qualities of an animal but control of nature.

Mash it up.  Have some fun, and remember: you don't have to buy all your powers at once, that's what advancement is for.

Keiko was born with a degenerative condition in her optic nerves that led to permanent, incurable blindness by the time she turned ten. The youngest of three children, she was already the 'baby' of her well-off family, and her condition ensured that she would be kept in a gilded cage; pampered but kept out of public view for fear of embarrassment.

But even as her eyesight faded, Keiko began to realize other senses. While she could see she read stories about people who could do almost as well with hearing as with sight. She worked hard to try to develop this for herself, but with mixed results. You couldn't 'see' with sound, not unless you were a bat, and running around screeching at as high a pitch as possible was not greeted with approval by the others in the house. Then Keiko reasoned that her eyes were still working, really. It was just that the signals weren't reaching her brain right. Maybe, she thought, she could find some way to get those signals flowing again. She spent days just sitting still and concentrating, trying to find the light. Perhaps it is inevitable that her diligence was rewarded. At first Keiko thought she was just imagining things. The 'feeling' of light in her head was just wishful thinking. In spite of this, experience rapidly proved that she could sense the presence or absence of light, despite the nonfunctioning status of her eyes.

Things progressed quickly after that initial breakthrough. She learned to distinguish between intensities of light, then colors. Then, with time, she learned to use her ability to "see" again; to mentally construct images from light just as she had before she'd gone blind. Only now the information was coming from her psionic power rather than from her eyes. This had advantages. She could 'see' in any direction without turning her head, and her mind was potentially much more sensitive to light than her eyes, letting her see in relative darkness. It went farther than that though. She could not just sense light, but change it. Shape it. Control it.

At first Keiko was overjoyed and told her parents and siblings about the breakthrough, back when she first learned she could still sense light. They didn't believe her, and told her it was all in her head. After a couple of depressing talking-tos from her father, Keiko stopped coming to them about it. Even after she learned to see again...for by then she'd realized that there were advantages to this arrangement.

Her father was an executive officer, a vice president in charge of Western Division sales for a powerful Japanese corporation; manufacturers of consumer electronics for automobiles and personal use. When she was younger and living in Tokyo, he was often away on business. Finally the company purchased offices in New York, and moved most of its Western Division executives there full time...including Keiko's father. She began to sneak out of the house to experience the world that her family tried to shield her from. With clever use of images of sculpted light, and blanking out her own image, she found it easy to get away and back with none the wiser.

In her frequent forays, Keiko started realizing she could harness electromagnetic fields as well. In a similar way that she could stimulate electromagnetic radiation to cause a volume of air to emit or absorb light...she could create a stronger electromagnetic field, making a volume of air react as if it was solid. The mass was unchanged, but the only reason that anything solid FELT solid was because it had enough atoms, enough electrons, packed into a small enough space that they had enough energy to resist the energy of electrons of another material coming into contact with it. No mass ever actually touched. Everything floated on fields of electrons repelling each other. And she could manipulate those fields to make 'false solids.' It was hard though, much harder than making images of light. Even so, Keiko found that it was easier when the fields she monkeyed with were near, or even touching, her own body. It sort of 'interfaced' with the interaction with light she used to see. It wasn't impossible to reach out, but the field effects were fairly weak at a distance.

It was also on her daring trips out that she came to the attention of the eyes and ears of Claremont Academy. Keiko was approached one night by a gentleman who introduced himself as a 'talent scout.' After gaining her interest, they approached her parents, advertising the school as an institute of higher learning specifically designed to help students with special needs, like Keiko. Her physical handicap would not impair her there, they were assured.\

The best part was that it wasn't even a lie. The best tricks never are.

Keiko "Kitsune" Ichimura
PL 8 (120)

Abilities: 32pp
STR 0 (0pp)
STA 2 (4pp)
DEX 3 (6pp)
AGI 4 (8pp)
FGT 0 (0pp)
INT 2 (4pp)
AWE 3 (6pp)
PRE 2 (4pp)

Offense:
Initiative: +4 (4 agi)
Melee Attack: +0 (0 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +3 (3 dex)
Specific Attacks:
- Photokinetic Laser: +8, DC23 (multifire), 250' rng (indirect 4)

Defense: (12 pp)
Dodge: +8 (4 base + 4 agi)
Parry: +0
Toughness: +2 (2 sta) (+8 when using TK shield)
Fort +6 (4 base + 2 sta)
Will +7 (4 base + 3 awe)

Skills: (24 ranks) 12pp
Acrobatics +5 (1 ranks + 4 agi)
Deception +8 (6 ranks + 2 Pre)
Insight +5 (2 rank + 3 Awe)
Perception +7 (4 ranks + 3 awe)
Sleight of Hand +7 (4 ranks + 3 dex)
Stealth +8 (4 ranks + 4 agi)
Technology +5 (3 rank + 2 int)

Advantages: 3 pp
Attractive 1
Languages (Japanese) 1
Ranged combat 1

POWERS 70

Appearance Array 11pp (10pp pool + 1pp alternate power)
Morph 2 (humanoids of roughly the same size and gender), 10pp
- PF: Invisibility (Concealment +4: All Vision, PF Precise)
Super Senses (Radius (Sight) 1, Low Light Vision 1, Infrared vision 1) +3 3pp

Photokinesis Array 33pp (28pp pool + 5pp alternate power costs)
Illusion (Normal Vision + Hearing, Independent, Dynamic; 4pp/rnk) +5 28pp
- Link: Environment 1 (Light: Bright) 2pp/rank; 2pp
- Link: Concealment 2 (Normal Vision, Burst Area, Attack) 3pp/rank; 6pp
PF: Damage +7 (Ranged, Multiattack, PF Accurate 2, PF Precise 1, Indirect 4, Dynamic) 3pp/rnk + 7 power feats
PF: Affliction (Dazzle) +7 (Ranged, Burst Area, Selective Attack) 4pp/rnk

* Affliction inflicts Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware
PF: Affliction +7 (Perception range, targets Will, Concentration duration, Extra Condition, Limited Degree) 4pp/rnk

Affliction inflicts Vulnerable/Perception Impaired with first degree success or Defenseless/Perception Disabled with two degrees

Telekinetic Array 14pp (11pp pool + 3 alternate powers)
Leap +3, Speed +2, Super Movement: Wallcrawling +2, Safe Fall +1, 11pp
PF: Telekinesis (Perception, PF Subtle, PF Precise; 3pp/rnk + 2 power feats) +3, 1pp
PF: Enhanced Str (sustained, subtle 1; 2pp/rnk + 1 power feat) +5, 1pp
PF: Protection (Sustained, Subtle 1) +6; Linked to Enhanced Trait: Parry +5 (1pp/rnk each), 1pp

Complications:
Physically Blind - Has congenital condition rendering eyes useless; is completely blind if powers aren't working.

Center of Attention - Likes to feel important, to be noticed; tends to showboat.

Motivation: Fame and Fortune - Wants to be a celebrity, known to all, and to have whatever she wants without having to answer to anyone.

COST: 32 Abilities + 12 Skills + 3 Advantages + 61 Powers + 12 Defenses = 120/120

Yes, I'm aware. Keiko hasn't really got hand to hand fighting skills. She gets a little Parry when she focuses on TK defense, just because she can sort of push punches aside or make little barriers to stop them...but she's not particularly good at it.

So yes. In close combat, she's very vulnerable. That's why she avoids it. :)

I'm going to begin reviewing characters that are completed.  I'll be doing it here in this thread so everyone can see what exactly I'm looking for when I comb them over.  I may even find a way to shave a few points off for ya and we'll tackle redundancies.

Tatiana Balankova - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 0, Agility 4, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Solid attributes.

Advantages
Attractive 2

I see this a lot.  Everybody loves 'Attractive'.  By the very nature of being a Superhero you're already attractive.You have the rockin' bod, the washboard abs, that tight little booty and square jaw.  But, what makes you more than that?  Are you some sort of fae?  Example, Wonder Woman has Attractive 1 because she is an Amazon, by her very nature she part of an immortal sisterhood of drop dead gorgeous women.  Her beauty is granted by the gods.

So, what qualifies a sound based super heroine for Attractive 2?  So far nothing in the write up justifies that level of attractiveness.

Cool: Deception, Cool: Expertise (PRE): Singing, Cool: Intimidation, Cool: Persuasion

This seems excessive, I mean, I'm not saying you can't have it, but really, 4 of the 5 skills and no one's even seen what makes her so cool yet.  Also since she deals with people under 20 almost 90% of the time, while mixed with Attractive, she gets a base +10 on all her social rolls.  That's a bit powergamey.

Now, I'm not saying you have to, but I'd recommend picking one of the Cool advantages, and building your characters social life from there.

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+11), Deception 1 (+5), Expertise (PRE): Singing 8 (+12), Expertise: Music 6 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+8), Perception 1 (+3), Persuasion 2 (+6), Vehicles 1 (+2)

Solid skill set, low level in several things and higher more 'professional' levels in the things that fit the character background write up and shtick.  Singing should come easy to someone who can manipulate sound.

Powers
Accelerated Healing: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)

This made me confused until I read her write up, but even afterwards it doesn't really seem to 'fit'.  Her constantly healing doesn't really fit the shtick of a sound powered mutant.  However, as a recommendation, by making her power activated instead of always on (that would make the duration sustained instead permanent) her power would simulate Whole Body Vibration Therapy (which is actually thing, I didn't know until I looked it up) that would accelerate her healing.  It would require some effort on her part to allow her body to relax and regenerate, but it's more in line with her power set than simply 'my dad was Wolverine, so I heal too... even though I use sound...'.

I know where you were coming from, having inherited it from her family, but her powers awakened, there's no guarantee she would get the same power that functioned the same exact way.  It would also free up 2 power points and get you an extra rank.  Vibration Therapy (Regeneration 6 (Sustained)) 3 points

Sonic Power Set
   Sonar: Senses 3 (Accurate: Hearing, Ultra-hearing)
   Sonic Blast: Damage 8 (sonic, DC 23; Increased Range: ranged [5 ranks only])
   Sonic Drilling: Burrowing 1 (Speed: 900 feet/hour, 1 foot/round)
   Sonic Flight: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round; Concentration, Noticeable: Emits Focused Soundwave to Propel herself through the Air)
   Sonic Shield: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Sustained)
   White Noise: Environment 3 (Visibility (-2), Radius: 120 feet; Custom: Affects Hearing Instead of Vision)

Is this an Array?  It was indented in like it was.  If that's the case only one of these power can be activated at a time, so while she's using Sonic Flight she can't use her Sonic Blast or while she making use of her White Noise power, she can't have her Sonic Shield active.

Wire-Fu: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)

I was going to question this, but I decided 'meh' she knows Karate plus, comic books.

Motivation: Recognition
Motivation: Thrills

Extrapolate on these if you don't mind.  It helps flesh out her personality for the other players and readers.  How does she set out getting her recognition?  What extremes will she go to get it?  Who does she want to be recognized by, or is it a secret?  Dun, dun, dun...

So, in closing, I love the character, especially the write up.  I know everyone hasn't seen the write up, but I have... and it's awesome!

12 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Advantages
Attractive 2

I see this a lot.  Everybody loves 'Attractive'.  By the very nature of being a Superhero you're already attractive.You have the rockin' bod, the washboard abs, that tight little booty and square jaw.  But, what makes you more than that?  Are you some sort of fae?  Example, Wonder Woman has Attractive 1 because she is an Amazon, by her very nature she part of an immortal sisterhood of drop dead gorgeous women.  Her beauty is granted by the gods.

So, what qualifies a sound based super heroine for Attractive 2?  So far nothing in the write up justifies that level of attractiveness.

Your description of the advantage implies that it is based off more than being good looking or very good looking which is what the book says. I can remove it i think your discription is a little too much aberrant mega stat than what is implied by the rules. But it's you call I can use the points elsewhere is you wish to better effect probably.

17 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Cool: Deception, Cool: Expertise (PRE): Singing, Cool: Intimidation, Cool: Persuasion

This seems excessive, I mean, I'm not saying you can't have it, but really, 4 of the 5 skills and no one's even seen what makes her so cool yet.  Also since she deals with people under 20 almost 90% of the time, while mixed with Attractive, she gets a base +10 on all her social rolls.  That's a bit powergamey.

Now, I'm not saying you have to, but I'd recommend picking one of the Cool advantages, and building your characters social life from there.

yeah this was before we talked and I solidified her BG story I just never went back and looked at it. I iwll adjust it to make it more in line with her final BG

18 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Powers
Accelerated Healing: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)

This made me confused until I read her write up, but even afterwards it doesn't really seem to 'fit'.  Her constantly healing doesn't really fit the shtick of a sound powered mutant.  However, as a recommendation, by making her power activated instead of always on (that would make the duration sustained instead permanent) her power would simulate Whole Body Vibration Therapy (which is actually thing, I didn't know until I looked it up) that would accelerate her healing.  It would require some effort on her part to allow her body to relax and regenerate, but it's more in line with her power set than simply 'my dad was Wolverine, so I heal too... even though I use sound...'.

I know where you were coming from, having inherited it from her family, but her powers awakened, there's no guarantee she would get the same power that functioned the same exact way.  It would also free up 2 power points and get you an extra rank.  Vibration Therapy (Regeneration 6 (Sustained)) 3 points

From the story :

He read some of the details looked at the test results and tossed it back on the desk.

“Bats and lizards. I should shoot you, And then turn the gun on myself.”

I specifically did not want her regeneration to be sound based or it would have been in the array. and the regeneration wasn't awakened she was born with it i kinda thought that was clearer. but maybe not.

Also the May dad was wolverine was kinda what i was going for in an evolutionary sense.

if you wish to discuss it further we can but I do not wish to change this it's part of the background i am building.

27 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Sonic Power Set
   Sonar: Senses 3 (Accurate: Hearing, Ultra-hearing)
   Sonic Blast: Damage 8 (sonic, DC 23; Increased Range: ranged [5 ranks only])
   Sonic Drilling: Burrowing 1 (Speed: 900 feet/hour, 1 foot/round)
   Sonic Flight: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round; Concentration, Noticeable: Emits Focused Sound waves to Propel herself through the Air)
   Sonic Shield: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Sustained)
   White Noise: Environment 3 (Visibility (-2), Radius: 120 feet; Custom: Affects Hearing Instead of Vision)

Is this an Array?  It was indented in like it was.  If that's the case only one of these power can be activated at a time, so while she's using Sonic Flight she can't use her Sonic Blast or while she making use of her White Noise power, she can't have her Sonic Shield active.

yes it is an array and yes i know they can only be used one at a time. it was designed that way that's why some of her other sound based powers are not in the array.

I think you are misunderstanding the powers she has work. They are not Manipulation in the control sense she doesn't control Sound she emits sound... she does nothing to sound itself, she merely controls how she emits it... so yes if she is flying she is emitting sound and focusing it a certain way to propel her through the air that is all she can do. If she needs to make a blast she will have to stop flying and so on

36 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Wire-Fu: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)

I was going to question this, but I decided 'meh' she knows Karate plus, comic books.

yes I was thinking comic book for this one with the training from her backstory and her physical attributes i didn't see any problem with it i was also taking a long view and considering this as a base for future advancement.

41 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Motivation: Recognition
Motivation: Thrills

Extrapolate on these if you don't mind.  It helps flesh out her personality for the other players and readers.  How does she set out getting her recognition?  What extremes will she go to get it?  Who does she want to be recognized by, or is it a secret?  Dun, dun, dun...

I can but i do not consider motivations something the other players should be aware of I feel that that type of thing should be between the story teller and the player...everyone else should have to figure a characters motivation in game not by looking at their sheet.

43 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

So, in closing, I love the character, especially the write up.  I know everyone hasn't seen the write up, but I have... and it's awesome!

thank you

Autumn "Mulan" Evermore / Na'Atem / PL 8 [124pp]
Origin: Training/Experiment
Motivation: Acceptance, Responsibility
Hatred: Atlanteans
Enemy: Atlanteans (if/when they find out about her)

Try to keep in mind that the Atlanteans of 12,000 years ago aren't the same Atlanteans of today.  No doubt there a few real bastards among the lot but for the most part Atlantis is a sovereign nation like any other and probably won't risk tarnishing it's reputation for the sake of one survivor of Mu.  Sure, there may be a few, but they won't speak for all of Atlantis.  As the good guy, your character will have a very difficult moral battle ahead of her.

---ABILITIES [38pp]---
Strength 0 / Stamina 4 / Agility 2 / Dexterity 2 / Fighting 0 / Intellect 6 / Awareness 5 / Presence 0

Solid, I like the layout.

---SKILLS [17pp]---
Acrobatics 1, Athletics 1, Close Combat 0, Deception 1, Expertise: Occult 2, Expertise: Hyperborian Earth 4, Expertise: Magic 9, Insight 4, Intimidate 0, Investigation 2, Perception 4, Persuasion 1, Ranged Combat 0, Slight of Hand 1, Stealth 3, Tech 0, Treatment 1, Vehicles 0

Good skill set, simple, practical and focusing on her shtick.

---ADVANTAGES [18pp]---

Ranged Attack 8, Close Attack 3, Artificer, Ritualist, Second Chance (Expertise: Magic), Improvised Tools, Benefit: Cipher: -10, Language: English

Good selection.  Using advantages to fluff up her lower Attributes is a good call, cheaper on points too.  What's her imporvised tools?  Is that her way of doing Rituals without the need for a bunch of components and a room filled with drawings and whatnot?

Offensive Spell Matrix  [16pp array + 3 powers - 8pp Check Required (Expertise: Magic) DC18 = 11pp]
> Arcane Blast - Ranged Damage 8 [16pp]
> Sphere of Destruction - Ranged Damage 5: Area: Burst (30' radius sphere) [15pp] = [1pp]
> Counterspell - Nullify 5: Broad (Magic), Simultaneous, Extended Range x1 (Short: 250', Medium: 500', Long Range: 1,000') [16pp] = [1pp]
> Eldritch Grasp - Snare 5 (p 182) (Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Extra Condition, Resisted by Dodge, Limited Degree, Accurate ) [16pp] = [1pp]

Solid offensive set, I didn't see any issues except that Snare needs to be defined by what three Afflictions those who fail the save are affected by.  We can help you set those up.  Also, I'm assuming all your offensive spells carry the "Magic" descriptor, such as: Arcane Blast (Magic).

The remainder of her spells are pretty solid, nothing jumped out at me as needing to be tweaked, so overall, she's pretty kick ass with lots of advancement potential.  Her background was an excellent read as well, nice work.  Having an 'in' with Emerald City's Sentinel's certainly won't hurt the team either with Dragoneye being a sort of mentor for her.

Her Hatred might very well be misplaced, but for her, she watched her parents and home get destroyed by the Atlanteans just a few weeks or months ago. It's still REALLY fresh for her and her hatred may be a bit unreasoning for now. There is room for growth and change, but her own anger and pain will be something she will have to overcome.

I also added another complication; Power Loss: Spellcasting (Arrays) - When unable to speak and/or gesture.

Improvised Tools advantage in the book means that she ignores the circumstance penalty for using skills without proper tools, since she can improvise sufficient tools with whatever is at hand. If she is forced to work without tools at all, she only suffers a -2 penalty. So if she does not need the exact stuff she needs for a ritual or whatever, she can improve stuff well enough to work and if she has no tools at all, then she only has a small penalty.

There was a full description of "Snare" in the book as an Affliction, but I cannot seem to find it now. I will keep looking or we will work it out.

Yes, all of her offensive spells have the "Magic" descriptor. I can add it to each jut to make it clear. 

I also dropped Skill Mastery and will replace it with some other advantage, or Dragoneye as some ally or something?

Glad you enjoyed the read and thanks for the feedback.

Curtis Shane PL8

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 12, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Solid Attributes.

Skills

Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Science 6 (+18), Insight 3 (+8), Investigation 4 (+16), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Electrical Control 6 (+6), Technology 6 (+18)

Skill Totals are PLx2.  At PL8 his skill totals are capped at 16.  His Technology and Science scores are +18.

Advantages
Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Skill Mastery (Expertise: Science), Skill Mastery (Technology)

Solid advantage choice, given his background.  Here's where it all got a little wonky for me.  The background tells of an amazingly talented boy who had a flair for science and technology.  His IQ is on par Daedalus and his skills and advantaged are centered around his amazing aptitude for technology and invention...

...so...

...where is it?    Where is the gadgetry?  Where is the technology that this guy is so good with?  Why generate an electromagnetic field when you can build one?  The Shane Electrobelt Mk. IV (buckle available in silver or burnished bronze, please specify when ordering), the Shane Tech Nut-Stomper 5000s (for hard core chess players only).  For all his smarts he's just another mutant kid with electrical powers.

Powers

Superhuman Intellect
Rapid Neural Processing: Quickness 8 (Limited to Mental)

Electrical Control
Charging: Feature 1 (Can power any device without a battery)
Electromagnetic Field: Sustained Protection 10

[Array]
- Electric Blast: Ranged Damage 10
- Taser Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)
- EMP: Burst Area Weaken Electronics 5 (Affects Objects Only, Broad, Simultaneous)

Solid power set, decent array that overs the gamut of various electrical powers (yay Power Proifile books!).

Complications

Arrogance: Curtis is easily in the top 10 smartest humans on the planet. And knowing that gap can make it harder for him to work with others, especially when he didn't have the best social skills to begin with.
Relationships: His parents, Jesse and Jeff Shane.
Identity: Curtis keeps a secret identity.

His background mentions that he went through extensive testing to come to the conclusion that he was super... how does he maintain his secret identity if here is a medical record of him out there that specifically states 'this dude, can do this'.  Just something to consider, I noticed it during the read and was wondering if it may have been an oversight or that's actually how you wanted to play it.

Again, I'm getting some seriously solid submissions and there are all great reads.

Skill Totals are PLx2.  At PL8 his skill totals are capped at 16.  His Technology and Science scores are +18.

Hero's Handbook, page 25:
Skill Modifier: Your hero’s total modifier with any skill (ability rank + skill rank + advantage modifiers) cannot exceed the series power level +10. So I'm good there.

Solid advantage choice, given his background.  Here's where it all got a little wonky for me.  The background tells of an amazingly talented boy who had a flair for science and technology.  His IQ is on par Daedalus and his skills and advantaged are centered around his amazing aptitude for technology and invention...

...so...

...where is it?    Where is the gadgetry?  Where is the technology that this guy is so good with?  Why generate an electromagnetic field when you can build one?  The Shane Electrobelt Mk. IV (buckle available in silver or burnished bronze, please specify when ordering), the Shane Tech Nut-Stomper 5000s (for hard core chess players only).  For all his smarts he's just another mutant kid with electrical powers.

I had to give this some thought. I had figured that I would be doing a different take on Curtis, but you're right, this has drifted further away from the concept than I would have liked. I'm going to overhaul the powers build to focus on gadgets - but there will still be some minor electrical power elements, particularly because of the fun twist I came up with.

His background mentions that he went through extensive testing to come to the conclusion that he was super... how does he maintain his secret identity if here is a medical record of him out there that specifically states 'this dude, can do this'.  Just something to consider, I noticed it during the read and was wondering if it may have been an oversight or that's actually how you wanted to play it.

Point taken, that slipped my mind. So I'm going to remove that Secret ID thing.

Cosima Vandersteen - PL 8

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 5

Attributes are a little light.  I know making a teleporter is expensive, but she's gonna have a hard time of things.

Advantages
Attractive, Attractive, Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Connected, Cool: Persuasion, Defensive Roll 6, Equipment 1, Well-informed

Attractive 2, Benefit (Wealth) 2

Skills
Deception 3 (+8), Expertise (AWE): Social Media 8 (+8), Expertise (PRE): Dance 1 (+6), Expertise (PRE): Style and Fashion 5 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10)

Solid skill choice, considering her background.

Powers
CosimAir! First Class or Nothing!
   -Domestic Ticket: Teleport 9 (accidental, psionic, 2 miles in a move action, carrying 800 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 4, Precise, Subtle: subtle)
   -International Ticket: Teleport 9 (accidental, psionic, Carry 800 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Extended: 500 miles in 2 move actions, Increased Mass 4, Precise, Subtle: subtle; Limited to Extended)
   -Non-Stop Ticket: Teleport 14 (accidental, psionic, Carry 800 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Extended: 16000 miles in 2 move actions, Increased Mass 4, Subtle: subtle; Custom: Increase Actions from Move Actions to Standard Actions, Limited to Extended)
-For Non-Stop Ticket, I added a Custom Flaw that increased the actions required from 2 Move Actions to 2 Standard Actions because Hero Lab said you couldn't add the Increased Action Flaw with Movement powers. Don't see why it couldn't be applied to something like Teleport. If you rather I didn't do that, I'll just drop that AE power and relay on multiple uses of her other two Teleport Powers and raise them more later on. Also considering other AEs like Apport (Perception Range Teleport Attack), and adding the Turnabout Extra.

Teleport is a bitch.  An expensive bitch, but which one is the master power in this array?  I calculated a total of 63PP to move her around the world in a single jump.  As a PL8 character though, does she really need to?  I know taking a plane sucks, but at the moment she might not have the points to pull off everything you want her to do.  Give her some room to grow.

The rest of her powers are solid save that she has absolutely no offensive power at all, not even the ability to defend herself in hand to hand combat.  This left me with a simple question: What use is she to the team?  What niche does she fill?  This isn't Aberrant where all one needs to do is make a super hot character and then just chill at the school and start drama all day.  At some point will need to make a solid contribution to a super team, what is that contribution?  How does she compliment the other members of that team?

Complications
Fame: Appearing in several reality shows and splashed all over social media, Princess is easily recognized and well known almost everywhere she goes. And while she takes time for the media, her fans and admirers, sometimes it can cause problems
Motivation: Recognition: Princess is an unrepentant attention whore and engages in heroics mainly to raise her visibility and Q-rating. Let's see the Kardashians top this!
Not As Bad As She Seems: Though self-involved and vain, Cosima believes just because she has an awesome live doesn't mean others can't have one too. She just doesn't want other to find out she helps others out on an individual basis - too many celebrities already tout their charity work.
Spoiled Princess: Cosima grew up in excessive privilege, wanting for little, and sometimes she doesn't understand how 'common people' live.

A solid list of complications, but keep in mind that you need to maintain a secret identity, remember in the write up I stated that no one knows the school caters to kids with super powers.  You can pick what identity is famous, but people can't know she possesses super powers.

Aside from that, she's a solid build.  Shaving her down a few points and setting her up with a few telekinetic abilities might help balance her out.  Teleport is a pain in the ass, speaking from experience, so I understand that making a balanced teleporter do all the things you'd like it to do is very expensive.

-For Attributes, yeah, I usually go with much higher/better stats, as they are more efficient, generally, cost-wise. Was trying for a different sort of build and other than privilege, looks, and personality, didn't see Princess as actually being exceptional in any other way - made up for most other lack with powers.

-The issue with the Advantages was just due to the way the Statblock was outputted from Hero Lab. She had 1 rank of Attractive herself, and another rank from a power, but instead of combining then, it outputted them individually. Fixed. Btw, her family as a whole is much richer, Wealth 2 is just what she has personally, which I was still considering increasing to wealth 3 after seeing what some of the bigger reality/Instagram personalities are rolling in.

-I can drop the Non-Stop Ticket, as yeah, it's not super necessary, just fun, though that that frees up 1pp. Each power in the Array costs exactly 35pp. I suppose I could lower it by a rank, for another 3pp. The main power in the array is Domestic Ticket, at 35pp, with the two Extended Only versions being AEs at 1pp per.

Non-Stop Ticket costs 35pp (Teleport 14 at 2pp/Rank, +2pp/rank for Accurate and Extended, -2pp/rank for Extended Only and Custom Limit increasing Action to Standard Actions, +7pp for Increase Mass 4, Change Direction, Change Velocity, and Subtle). But as mentioned, if not reasonable or allowed, I can drop it easily enough.

-For Offensive Power, she has Perception Range Move-Object. She can grab, disarm, trip, and just throw things at her opponent, at effect STR 8. She doesn't need to roll to hit, as it is Perception range, but they get Toughness to resist the damage from thrown items, and can still resist the grabs, disarms, and trips, as appropriate. I purposefully left myself a few PP to buy some AEs for more Offensive Minded TK/Teleportation powers.

-For Defensive Powers, she has Enhanced Traits - Parry +6, Dodge +6, and Defensive Roll 6. Her Fortitude and Will are abysmal, and her other defenses aren't at cap limits, but she isn't bad... as long as she is aware of the attack.

Hands Off The Gucci!: Enhanced Trait 18 (accidental, psionic, Dodge +6 (+6), Parry +6 (+6), Advantages: Defensive Roll 6)
-This power represents using deft uses of Psychokinesis and Psychoportation to deflect or avoid various attacks. Using Defensive Roll, it means for Cosima, Dodge, Parry, and Toughness are all Active Defenses for her, meaning she has to at least minimally aware of the attack to avoid or mitigate it.

I didn't miss that no one knows that the school caters to kids with super powers, I was just going with people knowing that Cosima Vandersteen/Princess had super powers. If that isn't reasonable or allowed, I'll add a Complication and/or a Feature/Power to help her maintain the two identities (with Precise Teleport, she can port of her clothes and into a new set if they are already laid out)

Sebastian “Bastion” Stone PL8

STR 10 | STA 10 | AGI 2 | DEX 0 | FGT 6 | INT 0 | AWE 0 | PRE 0

POWERS
Leaping: Leaping 8 (1,800 Feet) • 8 points
Invulnerability: Immunity 10 (Life Support), Impervious Toughness 10 • 20 points
Super Senses: Senses 6 (Extended 2: Sight (x100), Microscopic Vision 2 (cell-size), Ultra-hearing, Ultravision) • 6 points
Superhuman: Enhanced Stamina 10, Enhanced Strength 10, Enhanced Strength (Limited to Lifting) 6 (1,600 tons) • 46 points

ADVANTAGES
Holding Back 6, Interpose, Ultimate Effort (Toughness check)

SKILLS
Expertise: Popular Culture 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Throw 6 (+6)

OFFENSE
Initiative +2
Unarmed +6 Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE
Dodge 6       Fortitude 10
Parry 6        Toughness 10
Will 6

Power Point Totals: Abilities 16 + Powers 80 + Advantages 8 + Skills 7 + Defenses 9 = 120

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation—Responsibility: Bastion takes his powers very seriously and believes he must use them wisely.
Accident: Bastion is on guard against causing damage to his surroundings, but sometimes he slips.
Enemy: There were two children rescued from the lab that day, unfortunately Bastion's half-sibling is not as altruistic as he is.
Identity: Bastion keeps his powers and abilities a secret.
Power Loss: Viridian Stones have a strange effect on Bastion's unique physiology. Depending on the color of the stone, he may suffer a strange series of effects or become incredibly sick or weak.
Weapon of Mass Destruction: Bastion is a clone of Omega's Alpha Centurion project. Embedded deep in his genetic coding is a killing machine waiting to be set loose upon the world. Although he was never activated by the Alpha Centurion Project, his programming lies deep within his genetic coding and during bouts of stress or heavy use of his abilities that coding has the potential to take him over.

Background: 1993, The Terminus Invasion. During that tumultuous time many super heroes teamed up against the invading forces of Omega. Although they eventually defeated him and his forces, it was not without a cost. The Centurion, Earth's most powerful hero was lost, sacrificing himself to defeat Omega. All of the heroes of Earth, and it's people mourned the tragic loss.

In 2002, The Centurion returned to Earth, claiming to have been trapped in the Terminus for all the years of his absence. It was later revealed that he was a clone, a creation of Omega to infiltrate the heroes of Earth and weaken their defenses. “Alpha Centurion” was defeated and expelled to the Zero Zone. An investigation revealed that Omega's minions launched the attack from Earth, not the Terminus.

When the Freedom League raided the various labs of Omega's minions they discovered two more clones, two more 'Alpha Centurions' ready to be released upon the world. Luckily, the clones were still in a state of growth, both still just children. The debate as to what to do with the children raged on among the members of the League, but it was finally decided that they would be tested to see if they were a threat and if not they would be allowed to live a normal life.

One of the children was given to a foster family, the Stones, in Montana where they raised the boy as their own, naming him Sebastian. As he grew older, however, it was obvious he was not normal. He was stronger, faster, and possessed a myriad of super human powers. The same strange cosmic energy that bestowed great power to The Centurion also seemed to pulse through Sebastion's physiology.

Bastion has grown to be a simple, polite country boy who loves his mother, respects his father and hasn't told a lie since he day he was 'born'. He's well aware of his powers and both his parents know what he's capable of and they have done their best to raise him into a responsible young man who makes good and honorable decisions. While the Freedom League has kept tabs on him over the years (especially The Raven, who feels something is just off about him), they've not seen any signs that the young clone of Alpha Centurion has grown up to be anything more than a corn-fed Montana boy who is as wholesome as apple pie and loves America.

Keiko "Kitsune" Ichimura
PL 8 (120)

STR 0 (0pp) STA 2 (4pp) DEX 3 (6pp) AGI 4 (8pp) FGT 0 (0pp) INT 2 (4pp) AWE 3 (6pp) PRE 2 (4pp)

Good selection, especially for a blind girl with a head on her shoulders.

Acrobatics +5 (1 ranks + 4 agi), Deception +8 (6 ranks + 2 Pre), Insight +5 (2 rank + 3 Awe), Perception +7 (4 ranks + 3 awe), Sleight of Hand +7 (4 ranks + 3 dex), Stealth +8 (4 ranks + 4 agi), Technology +5 (3 rank + 2 int)

I liked this, it was a good read.  Everything is 'just right'.  Nothing too high and insane, I like seeing that.  The character has room to grow.

Advantages: 3 pp
Attractive 1, Languages (Japanese) 1, Ranged combat 1

A little light on the Advantages.   You know I have to ask... what makes her so Attractive?  It's already implied that she's hot, after all she's a super hero, what sets her apart?

Appearance Array 11pp (10pp pool + 1pp alternate power)
Morph 2 (humanoids of roughly the same size and gender), 10pp

Okay, help me out with this one, what does her morphing have to do with telekinesis or light powers?  Is the morph supposed to have something to do with wrapping herself in  illusion that makes it look like other females at roughly same size?  Otherwise, I see no reason why she would have some off the wall shape shifting power.

Illusion (Normal Vision + Hearing, Independent, Dynamic; 4pp/rnk) +5 28pp
- Link: Environment 1 (Light: Bright) 2pp/rank; 2pp
- Link: Concealment 2 (Normal Vision, Burst Area, Attack) 3pp/rank; 6pp
PF: Damage +7 (Ranged, Multiattack, PF Accurate 2, PF Precise 1, Indirect 4, Dynamic) 3pp/rnk + 7 power feats

I kinda see what you're doing here, but help explain it to me.  Does it flash really brightly?  Because as  written, all of her Illusions will be very, very, bright.  At the same time the lit area is blasted by a flash attack that blinds everyone in the burst... meaning they can't see the vision dependent illusion you just created... am I missing  the point?  It's a dynamic effect, all those effects have to go off at once, you can't pick and choose or not use one or another, they all have to activate.

Complications:
Physically Blind - Has congenital condition rendering eyes useless; is completely blind if powers aren't working.

Center of Attention - Likes to feel important, to be noticed; tends to showboat.

Motivation: Fame and Fortune - Wants to be a celebrity, known to all, and to have whatever she wants without having to answer to anyone.

This confused me... she's blind... but she can see... but her eyes are useless... but she can see... why wouldn't her powers work?  Aside from Nullify, there's no real way to cancel out her powers and seriously, how many people are strolling around with 'Nullify' locked and loaded.  It's not really a complication if she doesn't have to worry about it.  Even Daredevil can be thrown off by sensory overload, and a street thug can accidentally blind him with a dropped lead pipe.  Sure ol' Daredevil is gonna still kick his ass, but it's still a complication.

Perhaps there is some reason her powers or senses (or both) might not function?  Like absolute darkness (where there is no ambient light to manipulate).

Okay, help me out with this one, what does her morphing have to do with telekinesis or light powers?  Is the morph supposed to have something to do with wrapping herself in  illusion that makes it look like other females at roughly same size?  Otherwise, I see no reason why she would have some off the wall shape shifting power.

The morphing is an illusion. She can alter the way she looks, either to take on another appearance, or become invisible. Her ability to alter her appearance is somewhat limited by her actual body, since she has to 'fit' the image to herself. This does mean that it's not a physical change...someone touching her could potentially realize that part of her isn't real.

I kinda see what you're doing here, but help explain it to me.  Does it flash really brightly?  Because as  written, all of her Illusions will be very, very, bright.  At the same time the lit area is blasted by a flash attack that blinds everyone in the burst... meaning they can't see the vision dependent illusion you just created... am I missing  the point?  It's a dynamic effect, all those effects have to go off at once, you can't pick and choose or not use one or another, they all have to activate.

Ah, I see the confusion here. Basically, the 'out of the box' Illusion power cannot create light, or dark. You can make the illusion of a flashlight, and it will project a beam of what looks like light, but it won't actually illuminate anything. You can make a globe of utter blackness, but it won't actually stop anyone from seeing clearly inside it. To do those things, you have to tie in additional powers via Link, so that they can trigger as part of the same action the Illusion is created by. That saaaaaaid...you're right about power modifiers, so I may have to rethink how that needs to work. I suppose I could split it out into two illusions or something, but that doesn't fix the fact I won't -always- want glowing pictures or dark pictures. Maybe if I have Precise and Selective feats on the Light and Dark, so she can control exactly how they work in conjunction with the illusion?

This confused me... she's blind... but she can see... but her eyes are useless... but she can see... why wouldn't her powers work?  Aside from Nullify, there's no real way to cancel out her powers and seriously, how many people are strolling around with 'Nullify' locked and loaded.  It's not really a complication if she doesn't have to worry about it.  Even Daredevil can be thrown off by sensory overload, and a street thug can accidentally blind him with a dropped lead pipe.  Sure ol' Daredevil is gonna still kick his ass, but it's still a complication.

This is kind of Keiko's 'viridian crystal' weakness. It's me saying that if you throw a Plot Hoodoo at her that messes with her powers, she can't see. Her vision isn't in her eyes, it's in her psionic power to sense and control electromagnetic radiation and fields. Now, I didn't want to specify what exactly that Hoodoo would be. Anything from technological 'alpha-wave inhibitors' to alien nega-psychic brain bombs, or whatever. In absolute darkness, her powers still work, but she can't see in absolute darkness any better than a normal person (though she's learned to see with infrared, so that darkness would have to extend a bit past the visible spectrum).

If you'd like to define it more narrowly, I'd be happy to work with you on that.

The morphing is an illusion. She can alter the way she looks, either to take on another appearance, or become invisible. Her ability to alter her appearance is somewhat limited by her actual body, since she has to 'fit' the image to herself. This does mean that it's not a physical change...someone touching her could potentially realize that part of her isn't real.

Okay, cool.  No problem with that, but make sure her morph has the Illusion descriptor on it.  Unless she is actually changing her shape (flesh and bone changing it's form) then illusion fits, even if the illusion is manifesting hard light to assist with the disguise.  Hard light is kind of a cool idea too, since her disguise could be 'shattered'.  Just an idea.

Ah, I see the confusion here. Basically, the 'out of the box' Illusion power cannot create light, or dark. You can make the illusion of a flashlight, and it will project a beam of what looks like light, but it won't actually illuminate anything. You can make a globe of utter blackness, but it won't actually stop anyone from seeing clearly inside it. To do those things, you have to tie in additional powers via Link, so that they can trigger as part of the same action the Illusion is created by. That saaaaaaid...you're right about power modifiers, so I may have to rethink how that needs to work. I suppose I could split it out into two illusions or something, but that doesn't fix the fact I won't -always- want glowing pictures or dark pictures. Maybe if I have Precise and Selective feats on the Light and Dark, so she can control exactly how they work in conjunction with the illusion?

Have you read the Light Power Profile booklet?  It describes exactly how to create minor illusions (even a flashlight effect) using nothing more than Features.  You can make an illusion of any small object with a light effect with nothing more than 2PP.

Look in both the Illusion Power Book and the Light Power Book, they have great ideas on how to overcome this, probably at less cost to the character.

This is kind of Keiko's 'viridian crystal' weakness. It's me saying that if you throw a Plot Hoodoo at her that messes with her powers, she can't see. Her vision isn't in her eyes, it's in her psionic power to sense and control electromagnetic radiation and fields. Now, I didn't want to specify what exactly that Hoodoo would be. Anything from technological 'alpha-wave inhibitors' to alien nega-psychic brain bombs, or whatever. In absolute darkness, her powers still work, but she can't see in absolute darkness any better than a normal person (though she's learned to see with infrared, so that darkness would have to extend a bit past the visible spectrum).

One of the main reasons for my asking, and I'm totally okay with a simple Hoodoo effect from time to time, is that I had one of the baddies already lined up who manipulated darkness.  Since the baddie was done before you had the idea for a light manipulator, I didn't want the baddies ability to weave darkness get in the way of your characters power.  As it stands I think it's an awesome dichotomy, and if you're okay with the Hoodoo, I am too.

Okay, so add Attractive to the Morph, and tag Morph with the Illusion descriptor. Can do!

I do not have any of the M&M supplements. Just the core book. I'll poke around and see what I can dig up, as that sounds like a useful one for me.

As for Darkness powers, they clearly oppose Kitsune's in a lot of ways, but they wouldn't automatically shut her down. I could see requiring contests of power if she tried to illuminate a dark area, or generate a laser within one...but that's no different than sending an ice villain against a fire hero or vice versa. :) Darkness isn't her kryptonite, it's just her opposite.

I think hard vacuum would be trickier for her to deal with, the way I'm envisioning her powers.

Thanks for the tip on the illusion powers!

Okay, so I made the changes to the Morph ability, and after reading the power profiles and the core book a bit more, I realized there was a solution to my problem.

First off, I removed the Concealment attack. It complicated things. I figure if I want her to do something like that, it can be a Power Stunt for now. She hasn't really tried 'pushing' light out of large areas at the moment. I then took the Environment (Light) effect and gave it Selective, which means that whenever it's used I have total discretion to have it apply as I wish anywhere, everywhere or nowhere in its area...which is a 30' radius from Keiko. I unlinked it from the Illusion, so it can't be used as part of the same action. It shares the same slot as the Illusion, its cost adding to the Illusion's cost to determine the cost of that slot...but it's a separate power. If Keiko wants an illusion that creates real light, she has to make the illusion first, then add the light effect in afterwards.

Future refinements planned:

I will be adding the Attack modifier to the Environment power, which will allow her to target the center of the Light effect away from herself. Then I'll buy the Ranged and Perception modifiers, so she can target the effect on any point she can see. Then I will Link it back to the Illusion (which was previously actually illegal, because linked powers have to have the same range). All her Illusions will have Light then, but because it's Selective, she can choose how much, if any, of the 30' radius from the target point is affected by it.

I'll probably also add in the Visibility effect to the Environment power, letting her create visual impairments in illusions if she chooses (via Selective).

This change in powers allowed me to buy another rank in Illusion, which is nice. 5 felt a little low for a trickster.

And I added a Power Loss complication to codify that her psionic abilities could potentially be taken away, which makes the 'Blind' complication easier to see the significance of.

Revised sheet:

Keiko "Kitsune" Ichimura
PL 8 (120)

STR 0 (0pp) STA 2 (4pp) DEX 3 (6pp) AGI 4 (8pp) FGT 0 (0pp) INT 2 (4pp) AWE 3 (6pp) PRE 2 (4pp)

Offense:
Initiative: +4 (4 agi)
Melee Attack: +0 (0 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +3 (3 dex)
Specific Attacks:
- Photokinetic Laser: +8, DC22 (multifire), 250' rng (indirect 4)

Defense: (12 pp)
Dodge: +8 (4 base + 4 agi)
Parry: +0
Toughness: +2 (2 sta) (+8 when using TK shield)
Fort +6 (4 base + 2 sta)
Will +7 (4 base + 3 awe)

Acrobatics +5 (1 ranks + 4 agi)
Deception +8 (6 ranks + 2 Pre)
Insight +5 (2 rank + 3 Awe)
Perception +7 (4 ranks + 3 awe)
Sleight of Hand +7 (4 ranks + 3 dex)
Stealth +8 (4 ranks + 4 agi)
Technology +5 (3 rank + 2 int)

Advantages: 2 pp
Languages (Japanese) 1
Ranged combat 1

POWERS 62

Appearance Array 12pp (11pp pool + 1pp alternate power)
Morph 2 (humanoids of roughly the same size and gender, can become Attractive as part of morph, Illusion), 11pp

Illusion 6 (Normal Vision + Hearing, Independent, Dynamic; 4pp/rnk + 1 alt power) 25pp
- Environment 1 (Light: Bright, Selective; 3pp/rank); 3pp

* Affliction inflicts Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware
PF: Affliction +7 (Perception range, targets Will, Concentration duration, Extra Condition, Limited Degree) 4pp/rnk

Affliction inflicts Vulnerable/Perception Impaired with first degree success or Defenseless/Perception Disabled with two degrees

Telekinetic Array 14pp (11pp pool + 3 alternate powers)
Leap +3, Speed +2, Super Movement: Wallcrawling +2, Safe Fall +1, 11pp
PF: Telekinesis (Perception, PF Subtle, PF Precise; 3pp/rnk + 2 power feats) +3, 1pp
PF: Enhanced Str (sustained, subtle 1; 2pp/rnk + 1 power feat) +5, 1pp
PF: Protection (Sustained, Subtle 1) +6; Linked to Enhanced Trait: Parry +5 (1pp/rnk each), 1pp

Complications:

Power Loss: Psionic inhibition effects  - Keiko's control over light and telekinesis are psionic abilities, and can be interfered with in several ways.

COST: 32 Abilities + 12 Skills + 2 Advantages + 62 Powers + 12 Defenses = 120/120

Richard Reynes PL8

Strength 4 | Agility 4 | Fighting  5 | Dexterity 4 | Awareness 1 | Stamina 8 | Intellect 0 | Presence 1

Solid stats.  A few things didn't make sense, but I'll get to those in a moment since they are tied to your power set.

Immunity 10
"All for One" ( SuperSpeed) 5 Weapon 1 area multiattack (str based)
alternate power1  enhanced strength 4 powerlifting 6 leaping 4
alternate power 2 Flight 9
Supersenses  1 Infrared vision

For Immunity 10, I think you meant 'Life Support', if not you need to specify what his 10 points worth of immunities are.

Okay here is where things got wonky for me in terms of reading the background compared to the stats:  His mom is a speedster, his dad is a paragon.  His super speed is 60mph, but his flying speed is 1,000mph.  Looks like Dad was the speedster from the way you statted it.

What 'Weapon' is he using?  I think you mean 'Damage'.

So he stops flying or running and suddenly his Paragon Strength kicks in and he gain's +4 and the ability to lift 400 tons... but his Stamina is always at Paragon levels.  Why can he regulate his stamina but not his strength, aside from the easiest answer of it being nice to have a consistent level of protection no matter what power set he's using.

Why not just write it as:

Flight 9 (1,000mph)
-Super Speed (Running)[Wall Crawling 2, Water Walking 1, limited to while moving] 15 (64,000mph)

It's safe to assume that if he's running, he's not flying and if he's flying he's not running.  It also now allows him to actually have gained something from his mom's side of the family.  Saves you a few points too.  Also, if you want him to move slower, you can still invest the points for 64,000mph and simply start him slow and say he's gradually getting faster as he learns.  Since the power is already paid for you don't have to worry about boosting his speed at times for RP purposes or spend a Hero Point to flub the story.  If your running at 1,000mph and want him to run at 4,000mph for a few rounds you can.  As the game progresses, he gets faster, and you don't even have to pay for it.  Win/Win

Atheletics 4, Expertise (Academics) 4, Perception 3, Insight 3, Ranged combat (throwing) 4, persuasion 3, Close Combat 3(unarmed)

Skills look good.  I was curious why his Fighting was 5 and his Close Combat skill was only 3 but I suppose if your mother has trained you in the martial arts your whole life it stops being a skill and becomes natural talent.

Move by action, eidetic memory, Fearless, Benefit- Ambidexterity, Judo (improved grab, fast grab, Improved hold, improved trip)

Advantages look good.  I'm not quite sure why he has and eidetic memory, but they're your power points.

his immunity is Life support, I just forgot to write it.

the rework of All for one is something like this.

Speed 12 wallcrawling 2 waterwalking 1  Damage 1 multiattack area (still puts him at 8000 mph)

Flight 9 (1000 mph)

enhanced strength 4 powerlifting 6 leaping 4

as to why he's always tough, but his strength is flexible, Alot came in through need. As he was able to move so fast, it's not as though he was always able to stop himself, especially at first.  his natural resistance to injury is a matter of being able to survive learning to control his speed.  The reason he doesn't have the natural prodigious strength is that his mother was unable to train him to develop it and while it has long been a potential he had, his access to the power is limited, as such he trades away his speed for the dramatic increase in speed.

the "Weapon" was meant to be damage, basically an easily used considering training, attack taking full advantage of his superspeed.  Which also explains why he loses it when he switches over to strength mode.

Lookin' good.

Rick, I believe is the last PC.

I hope people found the thoughts and the suggestions I had useful.  I'm not all knowing, but I do it this way to remain proficient in the system and if I'm wrong it allows people to correct me so I can see where I may be misinterpreting something.  That said, you guys are all set, I'll work on the rest from my end so you guys have a game world to be a part of.

Archived