ABERRANT: WEIRDER STUFF - CHAPTER III "THE BALL DROPS"

WS ST

AT THE BALL

Sean's sing along had had the desired effect even if not for the reason she had envisioned. The ball was back in full swing the deviants and Irregulars still getting more than their share of the sidelong attention but the emphasis had shifted with the kids turning their attention more to their own dates and friends. A sense of wistfulness permeated the crowd and the dark ting receded, it wasn't gone, jealousy and envy would always have it's poison claws in some people, but the aura of disaster was no more.

But as usual when one threat or dilemma was solved another pops up.

Able was feeling better about things especially after Kia talked to him. With every thing going right now it was time for Kia/Clae to make an exit as they were moving away Abel felt a strange static build up interfering with his Telepathy.

Burt had convinced Sean to Stay on stage for a couple more songs, when she noticed through her increased holographic awareness the addition of an addition 56.10 Kg of mass and some sort of EM field. Located right where Courtney and her gang were.

BUNNIES BURGERS

Abel had left Clare's mind after Sean had relayed Laurie's request and the young girl, under the care of Laurie and the attention of Devin explaining thing s in the manner in which only he could, was much calmer.

Jaunt had made them fries and shakes and was quietly explaining about the powers and stuff when door opened up and a large obviously overweight man swathed in winter clothes came into the diner. He shuffled over to the counter and began looking at a menu. No one recognized him. and after a moment forgot all about him.

Which was just what he wanted after ordering a coffee and cherry pie, he waited for the waitress to turn away to fix the order, and moving faster than his bulk should have been able to spun around holding a wickedly futuristic looking pistol.

It took a split second for Jaunt to register the gun and he instinctively reached for Laurie, but was too late. The weapon emitted a blueish cone of energy engulfing all three youngsters...

Spoiler

Devin's connection to guild chat has been severed. Sean's connection to her sister has also been severed... i decided to go weird

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased that the sing along was working as intended, Sean was more than willing to accede to Burt's request to stay on stage for a few more songs, as long as Sara didn't have an issue with it. Sara waved Sean on with a private smile, continuing to accompany her on the guitar. Ben pulled out another. Even though she didn't cut loose on stage ever since her transformation, Sean have felt an growing fondness for singing, now that her voice matched how she saw herself.

Then Sean felt the incursion. With her height and vantage on the stage, glanced toward when she sensed the sudden addition of mass and the oddly structured electromagnetic field. She wasn't surprised it was centered on the Deviants. Though her face remained smooth, inside she was furious and focused.

<We have a gate-crasher, guys! There's a weird EM field around the Courtney and Company> Sean warned the rest of the Irregulars.  <Looks like DeathOtter is joining the Deviants tonight after all.>

Sean strode over to where she had set down her clutch and surreptitiously slipped out her tablet. Using her body and skirts to hide what she was doing from the new arrival among the Deviants, Sean killed the recording the devices and shut down her Tablet hopefully before DeathOtter noticed and could enslave them. She had set up a program that would wipe her Tablet in case Allison Bigby tried to control it, but it was only theoretical based on what she could see on the drones - she didn't have a sure determination it would work.

Sean narrowed her eyes on Allison Bigby - a petty part of her condescending of her lazy attire - as she shifted her vision to peer through her shoulder bag to scan its contents, while she analyzed any sense of threat now emanating from the Deviants. Then her turquoise eyes widened in concern and the closest thing to surprise she could feel now as the mental link to Devin and her sister was suddenly severed.

Attack, or proof of concept for a new device? Sean considered, mildly disappointed she hadn't brought her pistols with her. <And we have another problem - Devin and Laurie may be in danger.> Sean tried to maintain a cool professionalism, but the potential threat to her sister was making it difficult. <We need someone to go to Bunnies, quick and now, in case he needs back-up. If they can do it without the Deviants noticing, so much the better, so that DeathOtter doesn't warn her ally.>

<Alec you're up you're the only one who can get there fast, and you've not made quite the scene some of us have so you're less likely to be missed, you should go check on them.>

He turned his attention to the Deviants, and the mental chaff Death otter was putting out.  <She's throwing out alot of psychic interference too, at least to block my telepathy.  What do you think Sean, could they have panicked and called her here?   How do we proceed without endangering everyone else?>

He smiled as he looked over at the Deviants and their chaperone, it was there move, and over his private link to Sean he gave a mental shrug.  <You think she wants to talk for once?  hell I'd be open to it.>

<Got it I'll excuse myself with a bathroom excuse," Alec grinned at his little pun < Talene you wait I won't be long> He instructed along the private link he had with his girlfriend.

<Of course you be careful Alec.> the small natavie American girl stood on tip toe and gave Alec a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll be right back guys nature calls."  with those words Alec made his way out o fthe aditorium.

Once out of sight Alec teleported to outside the diner.

AT THE BALL

DeathOtter (how she actually thought of herself now) was very very peeved. She had been in the middle of a Ghost Recon Marathon match and as always was cleaning up the competition and then this shit. The was gonna screw her score averages all to hell.

She glared at Courtney while the teenager explained what they had experienced and (not for the first time) wondered why on earth she had put this self absorbed narcissistic cunt in charge of her team, of course the only other one with even a semblance of a brain was Dan and he was pretty much spineless, which figured since his power was potentially the most useful and powerful of them all. Well except for hers of course.

Lilly and Kia once their attentions were drawn to the gathered Deviant group recognized the newest member as the girl from the first playoff game who had appeared and seemed pissed at Courtney then and even more pissed off now if the way she was glaring at them was any indication.

The girl was short about 5'3” might weigh 100 pounds wet and had mousy brown hair and big glasses (with their own enhanced senses the Irregulars could tell that the girl, DeathOtter presumably, was wearing glasses with fake lenses), she was dressed in a oversized sweatshirt and PJ bottoms with some sort of fuzzy slippers on her feet. The clothes looked like they had worn and slept in for several days. She was carrying a large shoulder bag.

Courtney was talking rapidly to the woman and occasionally gestured toward the Irregulars table. When she stopped all of them looked at the Irregulars. Otter pushed past Courtney and walked toward the Irregulars. When the Deviants followed she stopped gave Courtney a sharp look and pointed back at the table they had all just left. The Deviants tails between their legs returned to their table and sat.

DeathOtter was getting stares from the kids she passed but so far none of the adults had noticed her. Sean could see the em field she had detected surrounding Otter with about a ten foot radius, Abel couldn't see the field but he could feel the interference to his telepathy coming with her. She stopped a couple of feet away from the table and looked at them. Her gaze lingered on Kia and Lilly the longest before she spoke.

“Your, Lilly, the Colonel's kid, how's the old fuck doing? I bet I really pissed him off huh?”

Bunnies Burgers

Alec peered in through the plate glass windows and couldn't see anyone. There were only two cars in the lot both parked to the side by the service doors. He figured they were Bunee's and whatever staff he had working tonight. He looked again still no one he could see but he could see steam or smoke from the kitchen through the server window behind the counter. Cautiously he entered the Diner.

Lilly raised an eyebrow as she looked at 'Death Otter' and took a sip of punch.

"Pissed him off? Who are you again?" she asked, looking confused.

Lilly had quite a good idea as to the woman's identity as she looked her over, taking in her unusual attire for the dance, and odd fact she was carrying around a big bag. Briefly she considered what was in the bag, but in the end, all she and the others could do was play it by ear.

DeathOtter's face goes slack for a moment as her eyes bore into Lilly's. Lilly can see the hate there and the madness.

Otter breaks the eye contact first and looks away, she studies Kia, who still looks like Clare, for several seconds her brow furrowed trying to place her, her gaze briefly passes over Talena before setting her attention on Sean and Abel, the brains of this little play group.

"So, my not so bright lieutenant, tells me that you guys are up to something and that you tried to drain their power and pass it to this girl," she points at Kia/Clare, "what the fuck are you people up to? And who the fuck is she?"

The surprise that 'Clare' regarded Death Otter with was wholly unfeigned. Kia had no idea what she was talking about, though she did remember her vaguely from the stands at the game.

"Drain their power? What? Oh, right. I'm Clare."

She offered her hand to shake, smiling a broad, friendly smile of the sort that had rarely graced the real Clare in her troubles.

(OOC - Totally gonna genescan her if she takes the hand. :))

DeathOtter stared at the outstretched hand like it was a bug or something and made no move to grasp it, then she looked up to meet Kia/Clare's eye. "I don't know you," her voice was low, full of suspicion, "Where are the rest of you ? All of you were here a minute ago." The question was directed at Lilly.

Abel was having a lot of trouble reading Death Otter's thoughts, simple scanning was impossible but directly probing could get through the interference and let him read her but it was like reading computer code and pretty much unintelligible. in other words he knew what she was thinking but couldn't understand it at a glance.

"I didn't catch your name before," Lilly said back to her, "or the part where we answer to you either."

Lilly sat back in her seat, relaxing as she looked right at 'Death Otter'.

"We came to enjoy the dance. It's your girl Courtney that was planning to start shit, not us. We're just enjoying the party. Why she called in the pajama patrol is beyond me." Lilly said with a casual shrug, taking another sip of punch.

<Stay cautious guys,> Sean warned her friends, eyeing DeathOtter's bag, peering inside it to see what it contained. <I don't think she's looking for a fight, but I can't quite tell what that odd electromagnetic field is doing. It's something from her bag, not from DeathOtter herself.>

Sean glided forward, though not so close as to loom over the woman who was hardly bigger than she had been as a boy, and flashed her conspiratorial grin, as if they shared a secret. Sean was paying close attention to DeathOtter's body language, trying to determine what attitude and demeanor she'd find most persuasive and easy to respond to.

Spoiler

Activating Seductive in regards to DeathOtter. Requires a Charisma Roll, first 3 Mega.
8D10E7 => ( (9, 4, 1, 7, 2, 7, 2, 10 → 4 successes against 7) ) = 5 Successes.

"As you said, Allison - can I call you Allison, or do you prefer DeathOtter? - Courtney is an idiot," Sean said with silky lightness. "We felt the surge of energy too, but thought it was their doing - Courtney doesn't like me much, I can't imagine why. If they think it had something to do with Clare here," Sean looked over and smiled down at Kia/Clare, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Well, that is more than we know. Abel just noticed that she seemed sad, being here alone and decided to talk with her a bit and ask her if she wanted to dance, nothing more. Hope you don't find anything dangerous in that."

Sean studied DeathOtter closely under a smooth pretense of casualness, as she continued, watching her for any sign of guilt or knowledge of why they had lost contact with Devin and Laurie. "A couple of our friends just went out to get some air and a bite to eat. Surely you don't see anything 'nefarious' in that?"

Sean frowned for a moment, not entirely feigned. Losing contact with Laurie was putting her on edge and she restrained herself from grabbing DeathOtter by the neck and shaking the answers out of her. "I must say, you asking us about them has me slightly concerned. I've have heard some things about what you and the other one who isn't here have been up to."

Death Otter glances at Sean then back at Lilly. "No you may not that person is dead. She died when those freaks came through the portal."

She smirks at Lilly and Sandy

"Just like daddy, all muscles and attached to useless eye candy."

<Careful guys, she has an explosive in that bag,> Sean warned with cool intensity, though she was mildly nonplussed at discovering DeathOtter's evident asexuality. <A commercial explosive, but combined with BBs and ball bearings, it if goes off in here, it will the damage will be extensive.> There was a pause, then she added, her mental tone holding a tinge of wry amusement under the directed focus. <In the bag there is also a helmet that it looks like she mugged Magneto for. The EM field is coming from that.>

Abel was already on guard, and he frowned.  <figures she's smart enough to bring something like that.  Sean we need to keep her talking then, and watch for any sort of signal to arm it.  I'll do what I can to contain the blast or at least try to.   I think being civil is probably best, and she likely brought that because she knows we don't want everyone here dead over us>

"Juvenile insults. Really? I mean, we're still in high school and we don't even do that anymore." Lilly said, shaking her head.

"And no, she didn't die. That is just your attempt at an convenient excuse for blowing off the oath your took and your responsibilities. Yeah, you saw things, and instead of using what you were gifted with to help people and oppose those 'freaks' as you call them, you just use them for personal gain and to feed your ego."

<<Honestly, I don't think I would shed a tear if Abel made her a vegetable right now. If that makes me a bad person, then I guess I am. As far as I am concerned, she made a choice to be selfish and petty, knowing first hand what was coming through those portals. All of us, even if we were not working with the project, would still be fighting and opposing those things and helping others.>> Lilly thought over Guild Chat, her tone dark and serious.

"I mean, are you happy? Seriously, when you close your eyes in bed at night, do you feel good about yourself and what you've done, and are doing? Do you truly feel fulfilled? Feel good about yourself? Buying or stealing stuff and pulling your pranks are just distraction. You have a chance, the ability to truly help people, help the world even. You took an oath. You can still live up to it." Lilly said, her tone sincere, and maybe even a bit hopeful.

Otter barks out a snorting laugh then quickly glances around before returning her gaze to Lilly a now familiar smirk twisting her lips. “An oath your kidding right?” laughs again. “An oath to what? A country that can't even elect a decent human being to run it. A species that will try to eradicate me as soon as it figures out how, and everyone like me, which means you, Lilly Pryor.” Otter shakes her head

“I really shouldn't be surprised you are your daddies daughter the son he never had,” she looks at Abel and Sean ,”but you guys I didn't think you could be so naive. Wake up! Do you really think they aren't going to use you, use you up, then throw away whats left afterwards. Don't be blind. And don't trust your furry little fake friend he doesn't give a shit about you none of them do.” She glances around again, then steps back dropping her hand into her bag.

“I don't want trouble with you people, and I've warned Courtney so you won't have any more trouble there unless you start it. So we're done here. When you all wise up call me, we'll chat.”

"Wait one second."  Abel had been content to be silent and just let Sean handle this.  Her last comment though, that had his interest.  "That's a real offer?  Because i would actually like to have a talk with you, I know I'm not the only one, and I think such a talk could be productive.  How exactly do we reach you?"  There was no mischief in his eyes, this was all genuine, as he looked to her, knowing she brought a bomb to a gathering like this.  He really did want to talk, and not just rip the information he wanted from her mind.  She may feel no loyalty to her country, but there was something there when it came to other enhanced, though he suspected it was only for those with utility.  Her war was one for survival against humanity and the aliens, and the more cynical part of his mind knew she was definitely right in some circumstances.

Otter pulled her hand out of the bag holding what looked like a silver helmet styled a lot like the one Magneto wore in the movies. In one swift practiced move she slipped it onto her head. the Immediate effect was to really interfere with Abel's Telepathy so much that he lost all contact with her mind with his usual background scanning. Sean could see that the field produced by the device narrowed and was now solely centered on Death Otter.

Now people were staring at the pajama wearing QEH

"Oh come on where's the fun in that. I'm sure you can figure out how to get in contact." As she spoke she began to sparkle.

"I'm sure that I'll figure something out."  Abel smiled and sent to Sean. <hope you're watching because when we get back I want to develop something that cancels whatever she's using out.>  He was more than ready to throw up his shield, though it wouldn't do as much good for those on the other side of it.   

<Alec, what's going on on your end, have you found Clare, Laurie and Devin?>  he sent having not heard from the younger enhanced in longer than he thought he should have in the situation.

Lilly sighed and shook her head.

"You know, I actually feel sorry for you. I don't know what happened in your life to make you cynical. Who you lost, who or what hurt you, or whatever it may be, but you have my sincere condolences."

"Something, or someone hurt you, and so now you use that cynicism as a shield. It keeps people out and lets you avoid getting hurt again, gives you an excuse, or justification in your mind, for not doing what you know is right. It's an understandable, reflexive response, but also a very base one. You're better than that."

"You know right from wrong. You know what you have done. And no matter how much you try to convince yourself, or others, that what you've done is right, when you are alone at night, you cannot hide from yourself. You know you are wasting your gifts being petty, feeding your ego and avoiding doing real good. So you probably try to hide from yourself, be it at the bottom of a bottle, deep in an MMO or in the sac with somebody. You cannot run from yourself though. Sooner or later you will have to look in a mirror and answer for what you've done and the gifts you've wasted. Be it to yourself, or some higher power."

"So you know what? I make you the same offer. When YOU feel like talking, feel like taking responsibility and actually finding fulfillment in your life, YOU can contact ME." 

"I look forward to that day." Lilly said, never taking her eyes off of 'Death Otter's', her voice calm and sincere.

Her sparkles grow as her body begins to break apart into electronic data, Otters voice still carries clearly coming from all the speakers in the room.

"Grow up little girl, we aren't even human anymore."

The volume grows to drown out the music

"WE ARE GODS!"

The speakers overload and explode with flashes of fire the noise deafening, people cover their ears and scream as the electrical feedback trips the breakers and plunges the hall into darkness, the only light the emergency exits and the burning speakers.

The hall was quiet as people looked around and at each other after the speakers blew and the emergency lights came on. Lilly frowned. She did not want to see the night over.

"Back me up." she said as she stood up on her chair with her phone in hand. She turned it on and waved it over her head as she spoke, project her voice through the room, a skill she had learned as quarterback, where she had given many inspirational speech, before and during games, to rally her team This wasn't really much different.

"I'm not sure what happened, but we all came here to have our Winter Ball, right? The band has been great, but we're not done partying, right? We are Shelly High, the Home of the State Champion Rangers! We didn't let anybody stop us this season, and we are sure not going to let something like this stop us now, are we!" she called out, her rhetorical questions causing the students to listen and nod, gradually answering back as a group until they nearly cheered. 

"So Shelly High, pull out your phones, go to the link I just posted on the Shelly High forum. If we all play the same playlist at the same time, with our phones on bright, we will have enough volume and light to keep the party going! We are Shelly High! We let nothing stop us! Shel-ly High! Shel-ly High! Shel-ly High!" she explained, ending with a chant to help get everybody on board and fired up.

Lilly watched as the students pulled out their phones and tapped at them.

"Okay! Everybody ready? On three we press play! One! Two! Three!" she called out as the crowd counted down with her. 

In unison the students started the playlist and the hall was filled with music once more, the phone lighting the room with a soft, almost ethereal glow. Lilly smiled and Sandy helped her down from the chair. She sat her phone on the table and tried to push things from her mind.

1 hour ago, Abel Cross said:

<Alec, what's going on on your end, have you found Clare, Laurie and Devin?>  he sent having not heard from the younger enhanced in longer than he thought he should have in the situation.

Alec had entered the diner cautiously her herd the sizzle of the grill and could smell burning food. the place was empty but on one table he saw a large basket of cheese fries and three milkshakes. He head for the back once in the kitchen he quickly turned off the grill and scarped the carbonized burgers into the trash so they wouldn't start a fire. He also found Bunee and the waitress.

They were stretched out of the floor by the freezer both unconscious  but breathing he checked them over with his healing sense but found nothing wrong although he was surprised at how healthier the out of shape looking Bunee was.

< Bunee and the waitress are here they are unconscious but other wise alright don't know what knocked them out. No sign of Jaunt or the girls. but there's a table with three shakes and some fries the fries are still warm. No cars and no tire tracks in the snow. I've got a bad feeling about this.>

ELSEWHERE

Laurelei Cassidy (she preferred Laurie and made damn sure everyone knew it) opened her eyes, her vision was blurry but cleared after a moment. The light was wrong it was green. and the floor she was laying on was soft but it was a floor. She tilted her head and saw several weird crates to her left, she looked the other way and saw a empty room and a weird oval door. Her head felt funny, fuzzy, it didn't hurt just felt weird, you know...fuzzy.

She propped her self up on her elbows and looked down at herself. Her dress was gone. this startled her...well actually it didn't but it should have... but then with all that had been going on the last few months she wasn't sure anything could startle her anymore.

Back to her beautiful now missing dress, she looked herself over again, she wasn't naked but what she was wearing left little to the imagination either. some one had taken her dress and put her into some sort of skin tight (and i mean skin tight her nipples poked out and she could see the outline of her pubic area very clearly. her feet were covered by the one piece suit but her hands were not. it was an weird aqua marine color but that may have been because of the green lighting. It kind of reminded her of her sister Sean's superhero suit, but better fitting.

With a little dizziness that passed quickly she made it to her feet the suit was very comfortable and very very nonrestrictive. she had thought for sure it would  pinch in those... you know certain spots.

There was no sign of Devin or Clare in the room with her and her telepathic link (really how cool is that) to her sister didn't seem to work. She went to the crates but could figure out how to open the so she couldn't tell what might be inside.

That left the door.

Again she was unsurprised when the door swished open as she approached it how ever the other side finally got to her.

She went through the door and was now in avast room with no walls and no ceiling just a faint green glow, but that didn't phase her. However the vast emptiness and the stars and planets streaking by beyond the glow  did.

While not as eager to speak with DeathOtter again as Abel was, Sean privately agreed with her on some of her points. She didn't agree with her on how to deal with them though. That the government would use them for their own ends, she had no doubt. But Sean believed they had a better chance to change to narrative, to arrange a mutually beneficial relationship by working with them than against them. Also, being on the inside gave them more insight and information on the situation if they decided they needed to go forward in another way.

And of course, there was the threat of the aliens. The resources of governments would be needed to repel a full invasion.

While overly dramatic, the question of their humanity struck a chord in Sean. It was something she had considered before, she and Sara. It didn't mean she didn't empathize with them, care for them, or understand them, she did, in many cases, more than they could understand. But she wasn't the same as they were either. They definitely weren't gods, but they were... more.

The history of humanity was one of conflict with the 'Other'. Different colour of skin, different nation, different religion. If conflict between humanity and the Quantum Enhanced wasn't inevitable, it was very likely at some point. Perversely, the threat of an alien invasion would help build the relation between them, the aliens being the 'Other' they could ally against.

It was a thought Sean had mused on more than once before, and though she was of more calculations and deductions than a CRAY supercomputer, she had found no ready solution as yet. She might be disappointed in Abel enabling Clare's manifestation at the this time, but Sean had pondered on the possibility and feasibility of enabling the entire world to Manifest. Overly ambitious, but for now, it was a theoretical thought exercise.

Would it head off the conflict between Humanity and the Quantum Enhanced if they were one and the same now? Perhaps. Or perhaps not - there was still a difference in scale between many of the Quantum Enhanced, there would still be haves and have-nots. And then, of course, what damage the most hostile or self-centered of humanity could do to itself with the power to bend the rules of reality.

Sean put herself on auto-pilot in complementing Lilly's plan to keep the Winter Ball going after DeathOtter's destructive exit, her thoughts more on Alec and the disappearance of her sister. It wasn't full-blown panic and distress - no one at the Ball would notice Sean as being anything less than glamorous and charming - but it was the closest Sara had ever felt from her over their link. If I don't find Laurie, how the hell will I explain it to our parents?

Sean sat down at their table, Sara beside her, as the Winter Ball continued under the light and sound of 213 cellphones, sending a question at Alec. <Which table were they at, Alec?>

<Window booth, fourth one from the front door,> Alec replied. <Why?>

<I'm going to see if my senses can pick up anything that could explain their disappearance or where they went.>

Though her eyes remained open, Sean focused her mind, her senses, human and superhuman, on the point in space/time Alec had indicated. Her body was still at the Winter Ball, but everything else that was Sean was at Bunnee's, standing in front of a booth with three abandoned milkshakes and a basket of cheese fries, looking for any clue in the disappearance of Laurie, Devin, and Clare.

Spoiler

Using Farsense (ESP with Distant Scan). Per + Farsense, first three dice Mega. Spending a point of Willpower for an auto-success.
9D10E7 => ( (5, 1, 8, 7, 4, 8, 1, 2, 2 → 3 successes against 7) ) = 4 + 1 Willpower = 5 Succcesses
With 5 Successes, Sean can use all her normal and superhuman senses to full effect.

Sara saw Sean tilt her head slightly and begin tapping her lips with a long finger as she did sometimes when thinking about something with particular intensity. Her girlfriend was radiating an icy, anger, the kind that seemed to indicate she could and would start killing those she found guilty with remorseless, uncompromising efficiency.

<What is it, babe?> Sara asked Sean, over GuildChat, as she laid a hand on her bared shoulder and felt the tension in it.

<Laurie and Devin, and Clare, I suppose, were definitely snatched, stolen away,> Sean replied, her eyes narrowing slightly as she studied the scene of the crime a mile away.

She only found one thing anomalous to her heightened senses. There were two distinct quantum fluctuations, a larger one encompassing the table and a smaller one in the middle of the Diner. The fluctuations looked like bubbles folded in on themselves, but were now starting to unravel, there larger fluctuation appearing to be more unfolded, closer to returning the background quantum field to its natural state.

<How?> Sara asked, drawing Sean out in explaining her thoughts.

<I'm working on that,> she replied, her remote gave going from the quantum bubbles to where Alec stood in the Diner. <Alec, would you mind teleporting across the Diner, from here to there, please?> Sean sent him an image of two points she could observe at the same time. <I want to see something.>

<Okay...> Alec agreed with a bit of uncertainty at first, but quickly starting to catch on. <I think I see where you are going with this.>

Alec teleported as Sean requested, after taking a quick look around to make sure no one was watching, and everyone in GuildChat could feel Sean's sense of satisfaction. Alec had produced the same quantum bubble fluctuations, but his were much tighter and denser, more... efficient than the others she had observed.

The bubbles were created on the quantum level and encompassed both points in space/time, making them fold in on themselves until they were only one point in space/time, there were the same point. That was a point in favour of the holographic nature of reality. Teleportation, yes, but since it was at a quantum level it was taking place in Planck Time or perhaps more precisely, it happening outside of it.

It was a remarkable revelation, one that Sean would be marveling at more if it hadn't also meant that her sister had been taken farther than she could easily find and reach. Sean studied the fluctuations, the old ones and those made by Alec. Alec's were dissipating much quicker and in what Sean could only describe as a more uniform, natural fashion. The mechanisms for Teleportation that had caused the quantum bubbles were similar, but not the same, and she theorized that the cause of the quantum bubbles in the diner was likely mechanical in nature, rather than natural, if what QEH's were capable of could be considered natural.

<They were teleported away,> Sean informed the Irregulars with unwavering certainty, frowning slightly, her jaw growing tight <And not in the way Alec or Devin do it. I think it was artificial in nature - someone used a device to do it, 'beaming' them up as it were.>

Sean studied and memorized ever detail and difference in all the quantum bubbles she could see, analyzing them, trying to see if there was anything in them that could indicate where a quantum bubble led, if it was possible to determine the reciprocal point in space/time. <Alec, can you move to the booth they were at? See if you can feel anything, something that you can resonate or synchronize with? But if you do, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT try to follow it or teleport after it. At least until we get there.>

Lilly's eyes went wide, unable to hide her shock, and even fear, at what Sean relayed through the Guild Chat.

<They what?!?! DC'ed from Guild Chat and then artificially teleported away?> she recounted in Guild Chat, more for her own benefit than anybody else's.

<Oh no... That means they're here. They aliens are already here... > she continued, sending out a wave of palpable dread. 

<Some sort of advanced scout or vanguard force or something at least, and it looks like they are coming after us.> Lilly suspected through the Guild Chat.

The dance, along with so many other concerns fell away as she thought about the ramifications. She, and likely the military planners in the program, had thought something like this would happen, but this was well ahead of timeline estimates. Some sort of advanced scout could reach Earth and, at the very least, gather intel, and at worst, they would begin to 'soften up' the target. If the aliens knew about the Irregulars, then they would likely been seen as the major roadblock to their conquest, and therefore need to be eliminated to pave the way for their victory.

<They probably detected the big spike from Claire's enhancement. If the wrist watch detected it, then I am sure advanced alien scanners could. Just being here and around these students, we could be putting them in danger...> she added as she looked around at the other students enjoying the dance, making the best of the evening.

<We need to find Devin, Laurie and Claire and get them back ASAFP.>

ELSEWHERE IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM TRAVELING AT 0.80 c

Devin opened his eyes and kinda freaked out, for the first time in a long time he didn't know where he was and he was alone. No one was in his head. He looked around and saw Clare she was curled up off to his left wearing some sort of blueish green full body wet suit like get up. She looked like she was sleeping he could see her chest (damn her boobs are huge) heaving with her breathing. He glanced down at himself and saw that he was wearing an identical outfit. Looking to his right he expected to see Laurie but she wasn't there. Suddenly he remembered the fat man with a gun and fear for what may have befallen Laurie caused him to call out for her in all possible ways.

“<Laurie! Where are you!>”

Laurie felt fear clutch her heart as the shock of what she was seeing was being processed but it quickly passed as she remembered all the things Sean had been telling her. Then she felt a weird buzz in her head and felt … Devin?

AT BUNNIES BURGERS

After teleporting for Sean , Alec checked on Bunee and the waitress again. Both were still out of it in what appeared to be a deep induced sleep.

<Sean, Bunee and the waitress are ok but they are still unconscious. Something stung their synapses pretty hard and shut them down. I don't know enough about this psychic phenomena to tell what it may have been but I think I should stay here at least until they wake up. Unless you guys think we should inform the authorities?> He reported over guild chat.

His heart pounded in his chest as a million bad things raced through his mind.  Sure he was Mr. Life-Of-The-Party wen he was chilling with his super-powered friends, but here, in the thick of trouble(?) without them... he wasn't prepared to face zombie mongol hordes or evil aliens all on his own!

"Clare..."  He shook her.  "Clare..." he looked around his surroundings, like a scared blonde wrapped in a towel in some horror movie.  "Seriously, Clare, wake the the hell up.  We really don't have time for this." Frantically he started rapidly tapping her on the cheek... because that's what they did in movies.

<Laurie.  C'mon.  I know you're out there.  Pick up.>  In all the stress he was trying to carry too many conversations at once.  His waking of Clare, looking for Laurie over the guild chat, and, as always, with himself.  His thoughts bled over into the jumble.  <Ugh... this blows.  Finally nab a hot date to a dance and aliens, or... Power Rangers... or whatever abduct us.  She was so fine!  I coulda spent all night motor boating her cleavage, but noooo... And why is it all the women I know now have amazing tits?  Like man... do these puppies even move when she jumps?  Seriously... this is just not fair... I'm going through a bottle of lotion a week... and what's with the outfit!?  What if I gotta pee, there's no zipper...>

<I'm working on ideas to get them back,> Sean replied to Kia and Lilly, <But I've just grown aware of quantum bubbles left behind by teleportation effects. It's going to take a bit for me to figure out if they can be used to track the destination and how to do it. I need more data.>

Sean resisted the urge to stand up and leave the Winter Ball immediately. Even with Lilly's timely encouragement to keep the dance going, her parting would be noticed. At the moment, Sean couldn't see a few minutes making a difference either way. <Good job with the cellphones to keep the party going, Lilly. People will remember that more than DeathOtter making her exit. But on another note, I'm not assured the kidnapping was an Asheen initiative. Even if they do have sensors all over the planet able to scan quantum events, I would think they would have struck here at the Winter Ball rather than at Bunnee's.>

Sean pursed her crimson lips. <Well, unless the happened to have a clandestine agent here at the time and who was able to follow Devin instantly. Clare manifested here, not there, and I wouldn't think Devin's 'jaunt' would have spiked a higher not. Also, I haven't sensed an imminent threat from their corner. They are a still distant danger. At least as far as I can tell in regards to myself and the planet.

However, Guardian Shield should have satellites and sensors in place, especially around Shelly, to pick up finer detail. If so, something on them might show me what we need to find Laurie and Devin, oh, and Clare, and get them back. We should inform them, or at least inquire if they have picked up any other irregularities on the system. If we get them to pick up Bunnee and the waitress, a medical examination may be able to determine if what affected them was similar to those stung by the bugs at the initial incursion. Alec, wait and keep an eye on them until we hear back.>

<Whoa! I hear you, Devin, and with way TMI,> Laurie replied in thought and voice, unable to separate the two in her surprise. Though she wasn't able to peel her eyes off of the galaxy just beyond the glow, her cheeks blushed furiously. Was he thinking/talking about her or the new and improved Clare? And why should she care if he was thinking about Clare instead of her? And how come she wanted to see how Devin looked in a skinsuit like hers so badly? Laurie tried for wry cynicism instead of growing anxiety and fear at their situation. <I take it then that Clare is with you, wherever you are?>

<Um, yeah.> Devin looked back down at her for a moment, still sleeping, still heaving. <But she's still sleeping or knockers - I mean knocked out or something. We're in some sort of room.> Even Devin realized how lame of a description that was, even if he couldn't decide on a better one right now in his concern for the girl he'd taken to the Winter Ball and was currently nowhere in sight. Seanita will literally kill me in the most scientifically painful way possible. <How about you?>

Laurie had winced at the sudden image of Clare's boobs Devin had better have accidentally sent her, wondering if they really looked like that in skintight-whatever-they-were-wearing or if he was exaggerating them in his mental fantasy. <I woke up in a storage room or what I'm going to say passes for one. There were these weird crates, but I couldn't figure out how to open them. The door was easier. It just... fwisht open when I got close. Now I'm on... an observation deck?>

Her mental voice was uncertain, her voice echoing them sounding odd in the boundless room (?) she was standing in. Attempting to do what Sean showed her, Laurie tried to send an image of where she was to Devin. Maybe he could use it as a way to lock on to her and teleport to her side.

He was glad DeathOtter left without real incident, and that Lily's quick thinking saved the dance for everyone else.  Having Devin be forcibly disconnected was disconcerting, but it meant he was already quite distant.  <I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Devin being disconnected could easily mean he is no longer on this planet, as I've had no issue keeping up with him as he teleport around thus far.   More than that, regarding the surge for Clare's enhancement, It was no more intense than Devin's, and far less than any of our own.  Still with the watch going off, we should at least tell the Colonel something.   We'll likely need gear from the base if we're to find them and bring them home.>

He looked around at the other attendees, and then down to Kia/Clare  <You might want to go change back, it wouldn't do for anyone to see us leave together like we are.   We might want to go ahead and leave,  have the limo's bring us to our homes, and then we can head to the base.  Once we've covered all our bases we can be about the business of finding our friends.  It will take a bit of time for the base to mobilize to pick up Bunnee and the waitress.>

INTERLUDE AT THE BALL

"No, I don't have the details," Grace was exasperated everything about this assignment was one shock after the other, "Yes sir I know. But if containment is still a priority then we need to let them handle this, just like they did with Devin." She listened as her superior officer went on and on, the Colonel was being rather dickish tonight.

"Yes sir I understand," this could be flushing her career down the toilet, " but you need to realize sir, that these are not children and while one of them is your daughter, we can't make them do anything they don't want to. Lilly just saved this dance from falling apart with a brilliant idea, and Sean had averted disaster and kept everyone's attention solely on the party and not what was going on before that.

They are more capable than we give them credit for, More than we can imagine. They are smarter than us and I hate to admit it but wiser too I think. It is my recommendation as the officer on site that we let them deal with this."

She waited in silence for the reply which took more than a minute but when it did come she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes sir I concur having a team on ready standby is a good idea and I will maintain contact with the Irregulars. Thank you sir."

Grace ended the call and put her phone up then went back into the dance to find Lilly and the rest of the Irregulars.

Spoiler

this is not a full interlude do not spend xp here thank you

<You really need to practice this whole image thing... did you have corn flakes for breakfast?>, he asked her as much aloud as in his mind.  They both weren't as used to the mental chatting thing it seemed and still talked as they thought.  He continued to tend to Clare, okay... he continued to slap her and fight the urge to cop a feel, but it was about as altruistic as Jaunt got these days.  The fact that he;d made it this long without inspecting the small of her back for a thong seam was an absolute testament to his willpower.  Next gaming session he was considering making a Paladin, he'd obviously mastered the more noble aspects of being a hero...

<Yeah, what's that got to... oh... look, I'm trying okay... I'm really weirded out right now...>, cautiously she peered around her, a small chill running through body at the prospect of someone, or something with unkind intentions entering the chamber and... well, that'd be it.  Nervously she focused again as the thought of a possible gruesome death awaited her.

<You're scared someone's gonna see your browsing history...>  He said, smirking to himself, she couldn't see him, but he smirked nonetheless.  This wasn't going well at the moment, but just knowing she was out there, a familiar soul in all this sudden madness comforted him.  <You dirty little minx... do your parent's know what you do in the late night hours?>

<I swear, if we make it out of this, I'm kicking you in the junk so hard, your teeth are gonna bleed...>  She was fuming.  She was stuck in a strange place, up in space no less, and of all the 'heroes' Earth had to offer she got stuck with... with... him.  A part of her wanted to scream for the aliens to come collect her, a million anal probes were certainly preferable to sharing one more thought with that... knuckle dragging, mouth breathing...

"You forgot slack-jawed."  Devin's voice was a clear tone that slightly echoed in the large room's acoustics.  When Laurie spun about, half shocked, Devin was half expecting her to throttle him.  He was kneeling over Clare's sleeping body, but stood as she looked at him silently.  He could tell her mind was still wondering if he was an illusion or figment.  Finally she gave up caring and he flinched slightly as she moved towards him.  She didn't hit him.  Instead she fell into his arms, gladdened and relieved that he was real and she wasn't alone anymore.

Gods she smelled good and seeing her was just the panacea he needed to gather the focus they'd both need if he was going to get them out of here.  Okay, Clare might help too, but he was totally taking the credit, after all Clare didn't want to make out with Laurie... or maybe she did... and would they let him record it... "You know, your dad said this is how teen pregnancy starts," he whispered, holding her tight with a caring expression she couldn't see.  If she had, she may actually consider him more than sub-human. "Skintight body suits, stressful situations, alien observations decks..."

She smiled, he didn't see, nor would he... the damnable little sub-human he was, but he always had a way of making her smile, even in the middle of all this.  Laurie sometimes felt like she had her own Deadpool... except even an ugly Ryan Reynolds preferable to Devin.  She wasn't sure why the sound of his voice or his breath on her neck made her melt, so she quickly remembered that she hated him.  "Relationships that arise from stressful situations never last.  It's a fact."  Despite her resolute brick-walling of what he passed off as humor, her chin never left the safety of his shoulder.

"Well, we can make out furiously until the magic has passed, then go back to hating each other... I don't think Clare will mind," he whispered sensually in her ear.  "I bet she likes to watch."

She could feel his smirk.  The haughty, almost dead pan manner with which he delivered his one liners was fired with Deadpool like accuracy.  Wit would be Devin's coffin and every jest a nail, of this she was certain.  She rolled her eyes and pulled herself away, tapping him on the chest and offering him a disgusted smile and a disinterested response.  "Aaand the moment's gone.  Seriously.  You can let go now..."

Unphased, he did as she asked, smirking outwardly and laughing like a mad man on the inside.  He knelt back beside Clare, putting the moment behind him, sort of... damn she smelled good.  "Clare won't wake up.  I've tried shaking her violently, slapping her... considered punching but I'm not sure it's safe.  I think the suit is too tight... we should definitely get her out of it..."

"Oh, but shaking her violently is?!  And we are not striping her down... oh.  My.  God."  He fists tensely balled up and she flexed her wrists outward as her whole body tensed up in an urge to resist throttling him.  She glared at him wide eyed with disappointment and growing frustration at being stuck with him as her rescuer.  "You're a colossal idiot."  She breathed heavily, placing her hand on her forehead, she paced around trying to collect herself and her thoughts.  Suddenly a thought dawned on her.  "How... how did you get here?"

Despite his jokes, Devin was dotting over Clare like a mother hen.  He was worried about her, he just couldn't let it show.  He gently brushed a lock of her hair from her face, letting him see her eyes gently dart about under the cover of her eyelids.  She was still with them.  With his attention on her, his mind wasn't on witty prose or lost in his next one liner.  He delivered his words honestly, almost like a hero should.  "Not sure," He said flatly, his concentration on Clare for the moment.  "I thought of you, Red.  You needed me, here I am.  It's what I do now."

Laurie melted all over again, stifling the fuming rage brought on his... being him.  Ugh, he was so... so... UUUGGHHH....

No matter what they did Clare wouldn't wake up  her pulse was strong and her breathing was regular. 

As they tried something caught Devin's eye something big something above him.

"Hey is that Jupiter?" Devin asked more subdued than it had been. This was something he had never in his wildest dreams thought he would see they were flying by Jupiter.

Flying.

By.

Jupiter.

Devin and Laurie watched as the huge planet which filled the sky slid by them and fell behind dwindling as they watched, shrinking in less than a minute it was just another star.

Laurie looked pale, "how long were we out? i didn't wear a watch"

"I don't wear a watch."  He said quietly, thoroughly enraptured by the scene unfolding around him.  A part of him no longer cared where they were or where they were going, like seriously... look at that view!  "I use my phone."

"Figures," she hissed, annoyed with him because, well, it was easier than admitting he was kinda cool in his own way.  "Can't live without your tech."

"Says the girl missing her watch," he shot back, rolling his twisting his lips to one side of his face to dismiss her entirely.  He could play this game.  "Or what, do you wear a sundial?"

Laurie relaxed.  He was right, she was right... this was only going to delay them if it continued.  "Point taken, look, us fighting isn't going to help anything... we need to find a way our of here, an escape pod... these things usually have escape pods, right?  And why isn't she waking up?"

"One, I've no idea, this my first space ship escape... I dunno, I mean, it might."  He shrugged.  He suddenly realized how seriously powerless the three of them actually were.  "Two, this is also my first run in with alien date rape drugs, so I have no idea why she won't wake up.  You're right though... we got nothing.  We need intel, Sean and Alec would want intel on this place.  Once we know what's going on... we can put it all together... fight back."

"Can't you... jaunt us out of here?  How far does it work?"

He chuckled in disbelief, not that she'd asked him that, but in his own ability to make it that far.  "No that far, Red,"  He sighed, collecting his thoughts.  "I have to see where I'm going, an image, a spot to study, or a place I know very well.  I can form an... I dunno, an anchor I guess, and pull myself back there.  This though... this," he pointed to all that was out before them in the vastness of space.  "Red... this is not a simple jaunt.  Plus, I have limits.  I can only carry so much with me and there's no guarantee I could get back here."

She shook her head and approached him, processing all he was saying but not quite putting it all together what with all that was happening all at once.  "What does that mean?  What do mean you can only carry so much, how much?"

"You or Clare, how much."  He said, his voice expressing a sorrow.  "Not both."

The chamber was quiet.  It was swiftly becoming a cold, hopeless prison with on hell of a view.  For awhile they had nothing to say until finally Laurie quietly spoke in a somber tone.  "Yeah, let's... look around or something.  Intel, right?  Standing here is just... making it harder to get home."  Her eyes wandered to the massive window and she stared in the direction she thought Earth might be in.  "Can you carry Clare?"

Silently Devin nodded and scooped up Clare comfortably into his arms.  Together the two set out to look around, starting with the chamber they were in...

AT THE BALL

Abel and Sean with the rest of the team left at the ball found Ms Sissiano and filled her in on the details as much as they could and their plans to return to the base after quietly exiting the Ball so as not to draw attention any more than they had already that night.

As they were making there way to sneaking out Lilly felt a hand on her arm. She stopped and looked at Sandy who had grabbed her gently. “I think the world can spare you for one more dance what do you say?”

The strains of a popular love song was starting to drift out from the hundred or so phones. Lilly nodded and let Sandy lead her onto the dance floor.

Seeing Lilly and Sandy on the dance floor Sara grabbed Sean's hand and without a world pulled her onto the floor and into a tight embrace.

Kia smiled at Abel coyly and he smiled right back and soon all of the team was once again dancing while around them the world threatened to spin out of control.

IN SPACE

Laurie and Devin, who was still carrying an unresponsive Clare , searched through the large observation deck that Devin was calling it. They had started their search back at the wall that Laurie had said she had come through but they could find no door like she described, in fact they could find nothing but wall and floor. There were no chairs no consoles nothing at all. Over all the deck was about as long as a couple of football fields and about half as wide as that. It was a lot of ground to cover. Outside the window a new disc was becoming visible, rapidly growing as the search for some clue or exit.

“I think that's Saturn.” Laurie said dryly as she stopped and stretched her back. “I wish Sean were here she would know what to do.”

“I wish Clare would wake up , I'm getting tired of carrying her.” Replied Devin his attempt at humor falling flat. Neither of them laughed. Devin looked over at Laurie and gave her his best confidence building smile. “Dont worry Laurie we'll … What the hell is that?” Devin had seen something when he looked over Laurie's shoulder, she spun to look. “Oh no....”

In the distance about 50 yards a way was a glowing disc it was roughly 6 meters in diameter and about a half meter off the deck. The disc spun rapidly one side silver the other black.

Laurie recognized it from the descriptions Sean and Sara had made of them when they had told their stories.

“It's a portal, Dev, like the ones Sean say the aliens use” She whispered as fear took hold of her heart.

So, yeah, his first impulse was to leap forward, scream something appropriately bad ass and launch himself through the portal where he was sure there was a million aliens waiting to kill him and he would battle all epic-like atop some alien pyramid-like structure, knocking them all down as they rose to slay him.  Like some bad-ass King of the Hill game.

So why didn't he?  Laurie and Clare.  They weren't holding him back, he was hold them together.  Sure, Laurie was doing great, and Clare was... well, asleep... but even in his few short weeks with the Irregulars (which he still argued made them out to have irritable bowel syndrome) he'd been trained, briefed, and pushed to a few of his limits by his team mates.  Sarah was especially hard on him, and that was several hours more of being ran through the mud and healing scrapes and bruises than Laurie had been through.  She was tough, but she still needed him.

"Huh."  He accidentally said a bit louder than he'd intended.  Maybe that's how it works, he thought silently to himself, keeping it off the guild chat.  The hero gig... just... being there for people when the need you to be.  When they need you to be.  Staying strong so they can see that strength and be strong too... that's deep, Dev.  Way deep.

"What?"  Laurie asked, her were eyes locked on the portal, waiting to see if anyone(thing) stepped through.

"Oh, uh, nothing, grunting,"  He shifted Clare's weight.  "Her new boobs add like an extra hundred pounds."

She scoffed at him.  "You never take anything seriously, do you?  Devin, we could die up here, or, or worse."

Slumping Clare over his shoulder Devin reached out and took Laurie's hand.  His thumb gently caressed the back of her palm.  He breathed calmly and looked her in the eyes.  "We're going to be fine."  His words were spoken with such conviction that they could have lifted them up carried them home, were such a thing possible.  "I'm not letting anything happen to you or Clare.  We're going to find away, trust me."

He was doing it again, being irresistible and attractive, and confident... but she pulled her mind from high school crushes, rivalries, she meant rivalries... and focused on the situation at hand.  "It's not closing and nothing has come through... should we?"

"Better than staying here with Tons-of-Jugs on my shoulder."  He mused.  "Come on, it'll be an adventure."

"This is a terrible idea, and I'm saying it aloud so that when this whole thing blows up in our face I can say 'I told you so' and hold against you for the rest of our agonizingly short lives."  She took back her hand and used it to punch him in the arm.  "If you get me killed Devin Jauntsen, I'm gonna kick your ass."

They both smiled as they walked towards the portal, each staying strong for the other despite how badly they wanted to freak out and yell and scream and run away.  He remembered that night at school when Laurie agreed to help him with his Sean problem.  Sitting there by the lockers they made a pact, two strangers that really only knew each other in passing.  That was the start of this... the start of the scent of he hair sending a chill through his shoulders, the start of her smiles and him always looking for one more to steal, the start of her eyes causing him to get caught staring at her at the gaming table, the start of her touch being the warmth he'd rely on to become the strength they'd need.  He once again offered her his hand and smiled softly.  "Fuck it."

She managed a worrisome smile and then it widened with confidence.  "Fuck it."

Hand in hand, they attempted to make their way through the portal...

GUARDIAN SHIELD OPS CENTER

BULWARK AFB

MONTANA

Colonel Pryor was really getting annoyed with having his evenings alone with his wife interrupted. Even more so when it concerned his daughter, Lilly, one of the Omega Class Quantum Enhanced Humans who made up the Irregulars, that team of super powered kids which was really the sole reason for his command. Christ, life was becoming complicated.

His driver pulled up to the entrance just as his phone went off again. He grabbed the phone and almost shouted into it.

“This is Pryor, what is it?”

“Sir, we have a confirmed event we need you in the command center.”

“For Christs sake, I'm at the entrance, I'll be there in two minutes.”

Pryor stepped out into the howling wind and snow.

IN SPACE

They dove into the spinning disc and the world went wonky.

It was as if their molecules were being stretched over infinity turned inside out and sifted through a blender.

Laurie and Devin could see flashes of things places, indescribable, rows of the Wolf Hound like aliens that they had both been told about lined ip in the hundreds, Ranks of Humanoid Soldiers waiting to march into Silver Portals. The images flashed by so fast it was dizzying there were more Aliens of different types, shapes, sizes, more horrible machinery of intergalactic war.

Then the Portal spit them out.

Laurie hit the ground and rolled she was on a hill trees flashed past as she tumble uncontrollably down the hill coming to a rest against a large boulder, breathless, but unscathed. The Suit she wore had miraculously protected her from even the tiniest bruise. She looked around. Trees, blue sky and cloud, peeking through the thick branches.

She was alone.

Devin had come out and slammed right into a tree which snapped in half with the force but it did stop him from traveling further and the suit protected him as well. It also gave him the perfect seat to see the portal now spinning faster and faster come apart spewing quantum energy in huge rays in every direction.

After a moment of enjoying the quantum light show, he hoped he was the only one who could see it, he looked for Laurie and Clare and saw neither one.

Spoiler

Types of aliens Devin and Laurie Saw these are the ones they got the clearest look at

11378465_1582124132049372_418243212_n.jpg   alpha_bug_by_little_dom-d6xh4ia.png

This one is about 18' to 20' at the top of the head

demon_lord_low.jpg

Humanoid Nasty looking guns about 7-8' tall

BUNNIES BURGERS

SHELLY MONTANA

Alec waited for the base personnel He had moved Bunee and the waitress, whose name tag read Mary, but she must have been a new hire he didn't know her, out to the main dining area and made them as comfortable as he could with some blankets he found in the storage closet. (Alec kinda wondered why there were blankets in a diner but he didn't dwell on it).

The snow had picked up outside and a flash of light through the snow signaled the arrival of the Base emergency team. They made good time he thought. His brow furrowed to good a time.

Alec went to the door and peered out at the flashing light he could just make out the shape of a silver disc through the snow.

A huge silver disc with something out of a nightmare climbing out of it.

Spoiler

Alec sees this lumbering out of the portal iN Bunnies Parking lot

11d44b749d91a6867d7f26a49bb7620c.jpg

It is about 50' tall at the tip of its back carapace when Alec first sees it only the fore legs and the first third of the body are through the portal.

Spoiler

Still plenty of time to post any last minute stuff from the dance if those still there wish too

Sean molded her body to Sara's, clinging to her with a tightness that could have broken bones in an unenhanced body. Always so self-assured and certain since her transformation from an underdeveloped boy into a fully grown superwoman, Sara could feel the first stirrings of doubt in Sean, the fear she had for her sister, guilt from feeling responsibility at her disappearance, and anxiety that she might not be able to get her back.

Dancing with unconscious grace, Sean took comfort in Sara's arms and one last dance before they had to go and be government super agents again and find a way to find Laurie and Devin and bring them back home. Pressed so close, her arms around Sean's waist and up her back, Sara could feel an adamantine resolve flowing back into her tall, exceedingly sexy and beautiful girlfriend.

Wherever you are Sis, I'm going to find you and bring you home, Sean promised.

Kia smiled at Abel and said, "You're really nice, but I think this dance should be with your girlfriend. I'll go make sure she's ok."

Then she headed out towards the bathrooms to change back to her normal self...and went back out for the dance. A little inconvenient, but less of a problem than having her boyfriend close-dancing with another girl in front of most of the school would be!

• Nina locked this topic
  • Nina unlocked this topic

Archived