Jump to content
Noir

OOC: L5R: Blood & Jade - Combat Thread

Recommended Posts

The scene

The warehouse is made of oak with large oak beams supporting the roof. It is 2 stories tall, but the second floor only covers the back 1/3 of the warehouse, the rest is high ceilings. There is a rickety set of stairs in the corner and an equally rickety railing along the edge of the send floor where one could look down to the warehouse floor below. The center of the floor (where the magistrates are currently) is fairly open, though closer to the walls are first opened crates and then stacked crates as you get toward the walls. The only windows are on the 2nd floor.

There is a scorpion with katana drawn at melee range with Kaze and several more scorpions with loaded bows along the 2nd floor railing, ready to shoot down at the magistrates.

Another scorpion slams a large oak beam down across the doors, barring them and trapping the magistrates inside for the time being.

 

Initiative

Toshi 13

Kaze 11

Akari 9

Archers 7

Kageko 8

Swordsmen 8

 

Round 1

Toshi performs an iaijutsu strike on the guard that attacked Kaze, giving him a gash across his chest.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instinct had Kaze swaying back from the first strike, the length of razored steel passing just out of range of him.

Tsking in dissatisfaction, he rapidly shifts into an iajutstu strike, his Katana whispering from it's sheath as he lunges forward. He feels resistance as the blade bites home before it gives and he opens the Scorpion from hip to shoulder, the Scorpion not even getting a chance to scream before he hits the floor nearly cut in two.

Appraising the rest of the warehouse at a quick glance he had to wince in displeasure. 4 Archers on the rails. One man by the door. Kageko looked to be winding up for a spell, and given the look of concentration on her face, it was going to be a big one, proritising her protection over chasing down the scorpion by the door, he settles in front of her, blocking as much of her as possible so that she can work her magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He watches the ancestors form with a guarded reverance, still wary till they pass him by and begin raking their errant descendant over the coals. At Kageko's quiet command he sketches a short bow.

"As you command, Kitsu-san."

And turns to move on the man by the door. He briefly considers trying to take the man alive, but any routes he envisages where he fails leaves Kageko open to an attack from behind, and he would not allow this to happen. He advances steadily on the soon to be corpse, who is still screaming at his compatriots even as he rushes to meet with Kaze. He's too slow on his swing and Kaze's blade lashes forward once more. There's a stunned expression on the Scorpions face as it comes to rest three feet from his body, the rest of his corpse toppling over a second later and leaving a rapidly expanding pool of blood behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaze whipped around at the sound of splintering wood, cursing as he saw what the remaining three Scorpions were planning. He sprints at Kageko and Akari, tackling them both at high speed and out of the range of the jumping warriors. He winces as Akari loses her balance and hits the ground with a dull thud, offering her a quick apology. Kageko, has managed to keep her feet under her, and so he turns once more to face where the three men will land with the Shugenja once more comparatively safe behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the brief hole in his opponents guard as he reacts to the third soldier's death, Kaze pounces forward, throwing all thoughts of defense to the wind for one overwhelming strike. The Scorpion realises his mistake too late, attempting to bring his blade up to block the Crane's sword, but it's a futile gesture, the force of the blow easily pushing it to the side as it continues on its path. The blade falls from nerveless fingers as the body falls over, the head separating from the rest and bouncing twice before falling still.

Kaze turns to the final man still struggling to get up from the pool of blood, raising his sword so the hilt is beside his head and the blade parallel to the floor.

"Surrender, Scorpion-san. The Magistrates would hear of what is going on here, and you have already lost. Lay down your weapons and answer their questions and you may at least meet your ancestor's with some degree of self respect and honour for aiding us in our duty."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Initiative

22 - oni-spawn #1

19 - Zoyu

13 - Prince Satorii

10 - Taka

10 - Oni

09 - Rin

09- oni-spawn #2

09 - oni-spawn #3

08 - Yuzo

07 - oni-spawn #4

 

The House of Fluttering Butterflies is not a huge building, and though the private room is considered large for the structure, it is very tight confines with the Prince, 5 magistrates, the Oni and 4 oni-spawn. Essentially, pretty much anybody/anything is in melee range (by taking just a few steps at most).

The geisha is furthest in the back, with Safusa in front of her trying to protectively shield her with his body. Taka stands in front of Safua, with Yuzo slightly in front of Taka, trying to protect the spellcaster. In front of them is the front line, with the Prince in the center, Zoyu on his right and Rin on his left.

The geisha house is clearly on fire, which is spreading rapidly. the Teardrop Island Firemen, and likely the Thunder Guard, will be on their way.

 

Oni-Spawn x4

TN to be hit: 25

Carapace 3 (any dice on damage rolls that come up 3 or lower are considered to be 1's.)

 

The Oni

TN to be Hit: 30

Carapace: 5 (any dice on damage rolls that come up 5 or lower are considered to be 1's.)

Invulnerability (the Oni only takes 1 point of damage TOTAL from any attacks that are not magic, jade or crystal.)

 

Initiative & Actions

19 - Zoyu - 

17 - oni-spawn #1 - Leaping at Taka and gonna bite him

13 - Prince Satorii - Spending a Void Point and attacking the Oni. 

10 - Taka - Spending a Void Point and casting "Jade Strike". He is using his Free Raise for Earth spells, and taking 3 Raises, all for additional targets, making it TN 25 total. If successful, he will do 5k3 magical/jade damage to the Oni and all 4 spawn on his action.

10 - The Oni - Clawing at Rin with each hand and then whipping at her legs with it's tail

09 - Rin - 

09- oni-spawn #2 - Leaping at Rin and gonna bite her

09 - oni-spawn #3 - Leaping at the Prince and gonna bite him

08 - Yuzo - Attacking the oni-spawn #4 leaping at Safusa

07 - oni-spawn #4 - Leaping at Safusa and gonna bite him

Safusa and the geisha both last in initiative (if they even do anything by scream and cower)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rin will be total defensive this round but she will try to edge the beast around since it is attacking her to give the prince and zoyu shots at its flank and maybe back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The terrible Oni and its skittering spawn burst into the room and Zoyu let the fear and dismay wash through her and away, and focused on the points to incapacitate and kill. Just another opponent to bring down as efficiently as possible, if bigger than most. Its eyes were drawn to the glowing blade in Rin's hand and that was all the opening Zoyu required.

The sleek Crane slipped forward, her blade flickering from her saya like lightning formed of star-filled steel. The razor's edge seemed to no more than caress the demon's flank before Zoyu continued her graceful movement forward to make space for the Prince. A moment later, thick, black blood gouted from the Oni's side.

Zoyu had desired a more disabling blow, but alas, she would take what she could get. The Oni was damnably tough, but it was now well aware that her blade could pierce its hellish hide. It would suffice, considering it now had two more blades to be concerned about.

Attacking the Oni = 4k4 (Agility) + 3k0 (Iaijutsu) + 1k0 (Fine Weapon) = 8k4 + Free Raise for Damage (Winning Initiative)
Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 12,9,8,8,7,6,5,1
Total: 37 = Hit!

Damage Roll = 4k3 + 2k0 (Str) + 1k0 (raise) + 1k1 (Void) for 8k4
Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 9,9,9,8,5,3,2,1
Total: 35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Initiative & Actions

30 - Kaze - 

19 - Zoyu - 

17 - oni-spawn #1 - *DEAD*

13 - Prince Satorii - Full Defense

10 - Taka - Attempt to perform the "Slam The Gates" Kobo maneuver on the Oni.

10 - The Oni - *Noticeably hurt* The Oni is going to claw at Zoyu and the Prince as it pushes past them and tries to grab Taka's satchel.

09 - Rin - 

09- oni-spawn #2 - *Now badly injured* It will try to bite at Rin.

09 - oni-spawn #3 - *DEAD*

08 - Yuzo - Attack oni-spawn attacking Safusa

07 - oni-spawn #4 - *Now badly injured* It will try to bite at Safusa

Safusa and the geisha both last in initiative (if they even do anything by scream and cower)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't use void and wasp so this round i use wasp no raises since the TN is 30

 1st Attack Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 18,9,9,9,7,7,5,4
Total: 45 (Rolled) = 45

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 8 and becomes 18.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 9.

Damage Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 9,8,4,1,1
Total: 17 (Rolled) = 17

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 1.

2nd Attack Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 19,9,8,7,6,6,5,3
Total: 43 (Rolled) = 43

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 19.
*Rolled a 6.

Damage Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 9,9,9,2,1
Total: 18 (Rolled) = 18

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 9.

3rd Attack Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.Damage     

Rolled: 22,9,5,5,3,3,3,2
Total: 41 (Rolled) = 41

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 10 and becomes 20. Exploding. New die adds 2 and becomes 22.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 5.

Damage Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 16,9,8,6,5
Total: 25 (Rolled) = 25

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 6 and becomes 16.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 6.

fluf

Rin Flexes her shoulders and unseen the wasp on her back flaps its wings in a blur. Rin steps close to the monster as it strikes at her Prince!

Slash and spin, slash back again and spin again then drive the sword backwards into the creature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoyu will attack the Oni again, trying to keep herself interpose between the Oni and those behind her.

Action: Attacking the Oni, taking 1 raise for extra damage, using her free raise from greater initiative to also increase damage.

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 19,7,7,4,3,2,2,1
Total: 32 - Hit! Barely (Took me a second - when using the Dice Roller, the called Raises reduce your total by 5 for each Raise)

Damage: 4k3 (Sword) + 2k0 (Str) + 2k0 (Raises) = 8k3

Rolling 8k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 19,9,8,7,7,7,6,3
Total: 36

 

Zoyu flowed back with a dancer's grace to stand before Oni, interposing herself between it and those behind her. Her face was smooth, a serene curve to her enticing lips, as she waited for the opportune moment. Then once more, her blade was a blur, dancing from sheath to kiss the Oni's hide and sliding back back in after being flicked clean, a spout of blood trailing in it's wake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling 5k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 16,12,9,9,5
Total: 37 (Rolled) + 3 (Static Modifiers) = 40

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 2 and becomes 12.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 6 and becomes 16.
*Rolled a 9.

Damage:

Doesn't really matter, it takes a single point regardless. Purpose of this was to put it on the floor and give the others more of a chance to blenderise it.

 

Fluff:

If the sight of the Oni alerted him to his destination, the flames and screaming would have done the trick, Kaze enters the final sprint up to the Geisha house, barrelling through the crowd to get there. Skidding through the door, he takes only a second to correct his course as he shoots off towards the sound of inhuman roaring. HE could see the creature coming up ahead, harassing the two familiar bushi as well as the third figure that had his stomach plumetting. Being that there were only two Hantei currently alive, and that the other was the ageing Emperor, it didn't take a genius to figure out who the Teenager wearing the Hantei mon was.

Cursing, he puts on another burst of speed, dropping into a sliding tackle at the last moment, the full force of his charge taking the legs out from underneath the Oni, which collapsed with an undignified squawk. Kaze bounces to his feet on the other side and between Rin and Zoyu, panting like he'd run a Marathon. The message coming out between just barely between pants

"Kill it...... Sunrise...... we lose"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have caught the men and women off guard. You have initiative. The order in which you act is up to you. Post actions here and I will combine.

It is not total surprise and the men and women will get to act (supposing they survive), but their weapons are still (mostly) sheathed.

 

Actions

Man #1 (TN to be hit: 10) - This man spotted you all and got to draw his sword. Attacking Rin with his sword.

Man #2 (TN to be hit: 10) - Attacking Rin with a grapple.

Man #3  (TN to be hit: 15) - Attacking Zoyu with an Iaijutsu strike.

Man #4 (TN to be hit: 10* )- Interposes himself between the Older Woman and the Magistrates to protect her and draws his sword.

*Because of his placement, he must either first be killed to attack the Older Woman behind him. Alternatively, you can take 2 Raises for the purpose of avoiding him to attack the Older Woman behind him.

Older Woman (TN to be hit: 5*) - Dragging a long thumbnail down her arm, cutting herself with it, as she begins to chant. 

Young Woman Playing Biwa (TN to be hit: 5) - Sit there with her eyes closed, oblivious, still playing her biwa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rin uses last wasp getting a third attack she is usuing the magic sword which she still has currently

ist attack is at the one who spotted us and is drawing his sword 2 raises for damage

2nd attack is atther grappler also 2 raises for damage

third attak is at the old woman with 2 raises to hit pastthe man defending her

 

1st attack

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

 

Rolled: 19,7,6,6,6,3,3,2

Total: 38 (Rolled) - 10 (Raises) = 28

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 19.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 7.

*Rolled a 2.

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 6.

 

Damage

Rolled: 19,8,4,3,3,2,1

Total: 27 (Rolled) = 27

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 19.

*Rolled a 1.

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 8.

*Rolled a 2.

*Rolled a 4.

 

 

2nd  attack

Rolled: 23,11,8,7,7,5,5,4

Total: 49 (Rolled) - 10 (Raises) = 39

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 8.

*Rolled a 7.

*Rolled a 7.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 10 and becomes 20. Exploding. New die adds 3 and becomes 23.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 1 and becomes 11.

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 4.

 

Damage Rolled: 18,8,8,5,5,3,1

Total: 26 (Rolled) = 26

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 8.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 8 and becomes 18.

*Rolled a 8.

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 1.

 

3rd attack

Rolled: 8,6,6,6,5,3,2,2

Total: 26 (Rolled) - 10 (Raises) = 16

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 2.

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 2.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 8.

 

Damage

Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

 

Rolled: 16,7,4,3,2

Total: 23 (Rolled) = 23

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 3.

*Rolled a 2.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 6 and becomes 16.

*Rolled a 4.

*Rolled a 7.

 

FLUFF

Rin sweeps in striking the man who shouted the warning as he drew his sword, feeling her blade bite she cries a loud war cry! Slicing through she brings her blade down to pierce the one trying to grapple her as she spins past both dropping to a low crouch, she yanks the sword out and slashes up past the warrior defending the old woman to slice the witch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Action - Attacking the man trying to Iaijutsu Strike Zoyu with her own Iaijutsu Strike. Taking 2 raises for damage and gets a Free Raise for winning Initiative due to Speed of Lightning Method.

Iaijutsu Attack - 8k4, with 2 Declared Raises and 1 Free Raise, all applied to Damage

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 17,12,9,9,4,4,2,2
Total: 47 - 10 (2 Raises) = 37 vs TN 15 = Hit!

Damage = 2k0 (Str) + 4k3 (Katana with Immortal Steel) + 3k0 (Raises) = 9k3

Rolling 9k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 18,9,9,8,6,5,4,3,1
Total: 36 (Rolled) = 36

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 8 and becomes 18.
*Rolled a 6.

Fluff
The Crane flowed into the room in the Dragon's wake, long white hair with a streak of sable swirling about her, her face smooth and serene as a porcelain mask, her mismatched eyes cold and bright, revealing nothing. Her gaze seemed to be pinned on the Moon Witch, but the duelist was aware of all that was around her.

Two men went down under Rin's flurry. Another man's hand twitched towards his blade and the faintest of smiles curved Zoyu's lips. Too slow, her blade gleaming like starlight found his neck before he had bared an inch of steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7D10 => (10 +3 +8 +5 +6 +10 +7) = 49

2D10 => (4 +10) = 14

1D10 => (10) = 10

1D10 => (4) = 4

Keeping "3" dice leaves a score of 56 to hit. Adding 3 from Honor leaves a total of 59

Damage:

7D10 => (2 +10 +9 +9 +9 +10 +8) = 57

2D10 => (5 +8) = 13

Keeping 2d results with 33 and with the addition of honor is 36.

Following on the heels of the two magistrates, there is a split second as Kaze takes in the room in its entirety before he is moving, ready drawn steel practically humming in promise. Spinning around Rin's rising cut, he drops to one knee, the flash of his sword darting up in a sweeping strike, bypassing Rin and sweeping under the cultists outstretched arm.

The choking gurgle brings a smirk of satisfaction as the crimson of her hearts blood steadily drips down the blade of his Katana from where it pierces clear through her chest. He withdraws the sword with a jerk and the now lifeless corpse thuds to the floor, her Maho interrupted before it could truly form. He takes his feet in one smooth motion, ready for his next target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

At one end of the courtyard are the gates that the parade entered through. In the middle of the courtyard stands the 70' white limestone pillar with the Dragon Globe atop it. The crowd stopped just short of the pillar (they would have filled the entire courtyard, surrounding the pillar were it not for your intervention.) so the back half of the courtyard is still empty for now. 

 

~Zombies~

Spoiler

 

TN to be hit: 5
Zombies are slow, single-minded and have no sense of self-preservation, as such they do not really even try to avoid attacks.


NOTE: Because they are so slow and such easy targets any PC with a Void Ring of 2 is permitted to take a 3rd Raise for the sole purpose of a head shot only. (since head shots take 3 Raises)

Carapace 7
Any individual die on a damage roll that are a 7 or lower are counted as 1's

Limited Invulnerability
Zombies suffer 1/2 damage from cutting/slashing attacks (applied AFTER Carapace)
Zombies suffer 1/4 damage from blunt attacks (applied AFTER Carapace)

Feel No Pain
Zombies suffer no pain penalties

Wounds
Lots

 

 

Notes

1) At a glance there seems to be several dozen zombies and several hundred celebrants in the courtyard.

2) The samurai that have joined the fight are just as likely to be attacking a peasant as a zombie.

3) These zombies are far from swift, so you can assume you have initiative over any of them.

 

Actions

Kageko is kneeling beside the Sun Priestess, casting a spells that takes more than a round to complete.

Yuzo is guarding the Priestess and Dragon Globe, holding his action to attack any zombie that comes close, but is otherwise not charging into the chaos.

Meiyo, the Sun Priestess, is performing her prayers to begin awakening the Dragon Globe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rin moves thru the crowd to where two or more zombies will be in reach of her swords.

she will strike at the masks of two of them and if possible try to discern where the one directing them is. she belives that the zombies changing to attacking the crowd is being directed since it makes more sense for the zomies to try and rush the globe to stop the prayers.

Zombie rolls 3 raises to hit masks

 

zombie 1

Rolling 7k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

 

Rolled: 16,8,5,5,5,3,1

Total: 34 (Rolled) - 15 (Raises) = 19

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 1.

*Rolled a 8.

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 5.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 6 and becomes 16.

*Rolled a 3.

 

Damage

Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 18,17,15,8,6
Total: 35 (Rolled) = 35

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 8 and becomes 18.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 5 and becomes 15.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 7 and becomes 17.
*Rolled a 6.

 

zombie 2

Rolled: 24,8,7,6,6,3,1

Total: 45 (Rolled) - 15 (Raises) = 30

 

Verbose Output:

*Rolled a 8.

*Rolled a 1.

*Rolled a 7.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 10 and becomes 20. Exploding. New die adds 4 and becomes 24.

*Rolled a 6.

*Rolled a 3.

 

Damage

Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 6,5,4,4,2
Total: 11 (Rolled) = 11

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 6.

let me need to know if i need to roll damage and if i need to roll to spot if i can.

FLUFF

Rin dashed into the crowd pushing them down as she went, all the while looking for the witch commanding the zombies.  Spying a clump of the walking dead she whipped her swords out and charged them. 

A spinning whirlwind her swords flashed left and right masks shattered two of the dead fell to lie still.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoyu will move forward to engage the closest Zombie she can see and attack it, taking 2 raises and having a free one due to better initiative to target the mask. Then she will call out to the other Samurai in the courtyard, telling them what to look for when targeting the Zombies and to attack the masks, so hopefully they stop cutting innocent peasants.

Action: Attacking Zombie, targeting its Mask. Taking 2 raises, and has a free one due Speed of Lightning, all applied to targeting its Mask.

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 9,8,6,6,6,5,3,2
Total: 29 (Rolled) - 10 (Raises) = 19 = Hit, with 3 raises to target Mask.

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 5.

Damage - Rolling 6k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 16,7,7,2,1,1
Total: 30 (Rolled) = 30

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 6 and becomes 16.

Fluff
With Yuzo and Kaze flanking the Sun Priestess and Kageko to repel any encroaching Zombies, Zoyu glided forward to cut her way towards the float of the Scorpion Acting Troup, seeking to make her way to the tall, slender figure of Bayushi Tsukiko, even as she aided Rin in preventing the zombies from forming up into a mob to rush the praying women below the Dragon Orb. Her blade flicked out from her saya like a sliver of starlight, sundering the porcelain mask at a touch.

Her lips creased in a faint frown as she saw the other samurai attacking any in the courtyard with the slightest resemblance to zombies in their panic and fear. Raising and modulating her voice to be heard over the din of battle, Zoyu gestured with her katana to emphasize her comments or to point towards any other true Zombies she could see.

"Fellow defenders of the Empire, seek out only the zombies with the most exquisite of porcelain masks, the ones that do not cower before you or cry out, for the dead know no fear. Strike at their masks to break the maho animating them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling Agi + Ken + Bonus to hit a Zombie

3 Raises to Hit the Mask. 1 Free raise to increase damage rolled.

7D10 => (1 +1 +3 +10 +4 +10 +5) = 34

Re-rolling 10's

2D10 => (9 +8) = 17

And adding honor for a grand total of 45 to Hit. Which does. Mightily.

Damage:

7D10 => (5 +8 +8 +10 +2 +7 +9) = 49

Re-rolling 10's

1D10 => (3) = 3

And adding honor for a grand total of 25 Damage. Right to the facular region.

 

Fluff

As the first of the screams echoed about the courtyard, Kaze lets out a sigh and nods to himself. He could feel the fatigue clawing at the edges of his focus. After more than 16 hours of continuous activity, he certainly hoped that this would be one of the, if not the last confrontation of the night. Leaving Yuzo several paces behind at the Sun Priestesses side, he draws his blade, naked steel whispering against the sheathe, the coloured tassels hanging from the pommel dancing in the slight breeze. Settling into his stance, blade horizontal to the floor at shoulder height. A second passes and he lunges forwards, the dull crack of breaking porcelain heralding a meatier sound as his blade pierces clear through the mask and the head behind it.

 Turning to a nearby Samurai, he bellows

"Destroy the Masks!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #2

 

Notes

Zoyu and Kaze both regain a Void Point.

Rin regains all of her spent Void Points, plus an additional one. In addition, for the next few rounds she may spend more than 1 Void Point at a time.

The zombie are almost exclusively attacking peasants, almost as if they are trying to make as much chaos as possible.

The shaking of the ground is clearly more than just the stampeding crowd could cause. It seems to be a minor earthquake that is growing more and more severe with every passing second. 

The odds of a natural earthquake just happening to hit right now is slim to none.

 

 

Actions

Kageko is maintaining her spell.

Yuzo is still guarding the Priestess and looking at the pillar with the Dragon Globe atop it cautiously.

The Priestess is still praying.

The Kenku is fighting along Zoyu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rin acts without thinking

She hurls her wakizashi with all the force and skill and fortune she can muster at the source of the dark magic controlling the zombies and the earth quakes. she is relying on the her momnemtary oneness with the universe and her blood of the dragon as well as the guiding hand of her ancestors she will charge after it and trusting the fortunes she has struck the witch causing all this shit :)

She spends all her void on this one attack

Rolling 9k7. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 29,15,14,9,8,7,5,2,1
Total: 87 (Rolled) = 87

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 4 and becomes 14.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 5 and becomes 15.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 10 and becomes 20. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 29.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 9.

If it hits damage is

Rolling 3k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 8,6,1
Total: 14 (Rolled) = 14

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 8.

FLUFF

The world fell away. The Dragons blood burns , wasp wings flutter

She heard the cry of the Kenku as he joined Zoyu. But Rin was alone...no not alone her ancestors were there unseen, guiding.

The Dragons Blood burned

Rin felt the ground quake, the movement rolling like waves rolling toward the shore, radiating outward from...  She spun her wakizashi flying from her hand like an arrow and she launched herself after it. No thought, the Dragons blood burning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoyu will be dashing towards the Scorpion Acting Troupe, to the Actress portraying Lady Sun in particular, by the most efficient route she can readily determine. She'll only attack a zombie if one is within reach of her blade and is impeding her.

Action: Attacking Zombie, targeting its Mask, if circumstances mentioned above warrant it. Taking 2 raises, and has a free one due Speed of Lightning, all applied to targeting its Mask.

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 21,7,7,5,4,4,2,1
Total: 40 (Rolled) - 10 (Raises) = 30 = Hit, with 3 Raises to Hit Mask

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 10 and becomes 20. Exploding. New die adds 1 and becomes 21.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 4.

Damage - Rolling 6k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 8,7,7,5,4,3
Total: 22 (Rolled) = 22

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 7.

Fluff
"My heart has always led me to trouble," the shapely Crane muttered, grinning crookedly as her mismatched eyes took in the sight of the descending Kenku before turning back to lock on the tall figure portraying Lady Sun with avid need. Her heart surged with exasperation and exultation at the appearance the Kenku, a girl's delight at the tales she listened to with wonder warring having faced its irritating and abrasive manner. "And it seems it is no different this night."

She glanced over her shoulder for a moment at the Kenku, her smile growing wider and more assured. "But this one finds herself pleased to see you once more, Tisuri-sama." Zoyu chuckled low with rueful mirth despite standing in the midst of terrible chaos that stood to doom Ryoko Owari. "And yes, to hear your berating cackle. This one does hope she may have the chance to weather your scolding in less desperate circumstances, however. Shall we make them so?"

So saying, Zoyu didn't wait for a response, but followed her heart to reach Tsukiko, to protect her, dancing through the press and chaos of bodies and zombies with fluid grace and adjusting instinctively to the heaving of the ground beneath her feet. She didn't no seek out the zombies now, but slipped by them, her blade flashing out to shatter a mask only if it impeded her way.

As her green eye and blue eye looked about for the best route to reach the assailed float, a part of her looked for the source of the trouble, the center, so as to end the threat to the first person she had ever loved beyond her family in the most direct and efficient means possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Roll to hit. Agi + Ken + Bonus

3 Raises to hit mask and one to increase damage:

7D10 => (8 +7 +2 +5 +10 +2 +2) = 36

1D10 => (7) = 7

Adding honor brings the total up to 35. Which is a hit.

Damage:

7D10 => (3 +4 +1 +8 +10 +4 +4) = 34

1D10 => (9) = 9

Including the +3 from honor, dealing 30 damage. Which is enough to destroy another mask.

 

Fluff:

He inclines his head to the Ancestor. Something about what she had said was niggling in the back of his head. Like he was forgetting something important.

"Forgive me not showing proper deference, Honored Ancestor, but slow they may be...."

He takes a step back as a Zombie lunges at him, and riposts cleanly, another mask sheared in two and a corpse falling, strings cut completely.

"they will punish you if you do not pay adequate attention."

He begins to back towards the Sun-Priestess as the crowd continues to thrash in it's panic. There was a very real risk of the Crowd completely enfolding the Priestess and with the other Magistrates having run off, Yuzo was the only one left to keep a proper watch. And one man was easily blindsided. The spirit follows after him, stepping daintily around the fallen Zombies with a faint moue of distaste on her face. Weaving through the crowd with a surprising grace and care. She seemed strangely solid, for all her odd colouration and the ability to see through her somewhat. And still something about what she said was bothering him before it finally hit him.

On 2017-6-11 at 1:07 AM, Noir said:

"I.. I can begin the prayers, but we must wait for the rays of Lady Sun to fully awaken the Globe." the Priestess explained and dropped to her knees, beginning her prayers.

On 2017-6-4 at 8:42 PM, Noir said:

“My friends,” she says, “I greet you in the name of Lady Sun. May your ancestors smile in the light of this new day. Join me in prayer as we awaken the Dragon Globe, and let the Dawn return to break the power

On 2016-9-29 at 10:28 AM, Noir said:

"This item is blessed by the Sun Goddess Amaterasu herself. Not only does it summon her light, but it is said that it has the power to restore a lost soul to Amaterasu's merciful grace."

Of course, they'd need to get it within ten feet of the Orb. Risking a glance up at the orb.... 70 feet. That was one hell of a throw, either way, even standing as close to it as he was. Still. Turning to where Zoyu is running through the crowd he roars at her and hopes it will be enough to carry his voice

"Zoyu! Throw me the Jade Sun!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #3

 

Notes

Dawn is any minute now, but there is no way to be sure if it will come in under one minute or over five.

At the point it is clear that the zombies are a distraction, simply trying to cause as much panic and confusion as possible while the Earthquake spell is cast.

The earthquake is now becoming significant, even causing some people to stumble and fall in their fleeing panic. +5 TN to most physical actions (including combat).

If not stopped, the zombie will grapple the Lady Sun actress this round.

Whoever is inside the dragon puppet (2-3 people) are casting spell(s). Rin and Zoyu both realize it is the source of the Earthquake spell.

Storm clouds are beginning to rapidly form/roll in, as if to block out the sun. Clearly the result of magic.

Jotomon's wakizashi is stuck in a zombie's head near Rin, if she wished to grab it.

 

 

Actions

Kageko is maintaining her spell.

Yuzo is still guarding the Priestess, preparing to push her way from it if the globe begins to topple.

The Priestess is still praying.

The Kenku is fighting along Zoyu.

The Lord Prince and his guards are trying to dispatch as many zombies as possible and move toward the courtyard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rin will grab the wakizashi as she passes charging the wall of zombies

assuming there is no way past them without going through them she will attack 3 of them (if her wasps regenerated like her void had) or 2 (if not)

Rolls are being made with 4 raises in the dice roller, 3 to hit the mask and 1 to reflect the quake.

1st Zombie

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 19,17,9,8,7,6,6,6
Total: 53 (Rolled) - 20 (Raises) = 33

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 19.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 7 and becomes 17.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 9.

Damage

Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 14,12,9,7,3
Total: 26 (Rolled) = 26

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 4 and becomes 14.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 2 and becomes 12.
*Rolled a 7.

2nd ZOMBIE

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 12,12,6,6,3,2,1,1
Total: 36 (Rolled) - 20 (Raises) = 16

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 2 and becomes 12.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 2 and becomes 12.
*Rolled a 6.

Damage

Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 9,8,8,5,4
Total: 17 (Rolled) = 17

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 4.

3rd Zombie (if wasps are renewed if not ignore)

Rolling 8k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 19,18,13,9,7,6,6,4
Total: 59 (Rolled) - 20 (Raises) = 39

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 3 and becomes 13.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 8 and becomes 18.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 19.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 9.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 6.

Damage

Rolling 5k2. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 8,7,6,3,2
Total: 15 (Rolled) = 15

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 6.
*Rolled a 3.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 2.

Fluff 

Not pausing in her charge Rin places her foot on the chest of the zombie felled by Jotomon, her hand closing on the hilt of the wakizashi sticking out of it's head, the force of her movement tears it free and once again armed with a daisho she attacks.

Her swords flash at the zombies blocking her from her true targets, the flying steel shattering masks and felling zombies,opening the way to the filthy sorcerers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoyu will run over to join Rin, dashing through the breach in the zombies she made and try to cut down the Moon Cultist so that she and Rin can get at the spellcasters the following round (I presume Zoyu) wouldn't have enough movement/action to run over there, dodge or elude the Moon Cultist, and then attack one of the spell casters).

Spending the +1k0 from Karmic Tie on the strike, taking 2 raises and her free one from Strike as the Lightning for better Initiative to try to cut the Moon Cultist's head off and end him so she and Rin can deal with the spellcasters.

Edit: Has to spend her Void Point to go after the Moon Cultists instead of directly protecting Tsukiko. Rerolled Damage to account for the reassigning of her Void Point.

Attack: 9k4, 2 raises, +1 Free Raise (called shot to the head/neck).

Rolling 9k4. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 15,15,8,8,7,5,4,4,2
Total: 46 (Rolled) - 10 (Raises) = 36 with 3 Raises for a Called Shot to the Head/Neck
Edit: Oops! Forgot about the shaking ground - total to hit should be 31 (reducing rolled total by 5 to account for the +5 to TNs)

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 5 and becomes 15.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 5 and becomes 15.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 7.
*Rolled a 2.
*Rolled a 4.

Damage: 6k3, possibly more rolled diced, depending on effects of the called shot to the head/neck

 

Rolling 6k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolling 6k3. The dice always explode on 10. Highest dice are kept.

Rolled: 19,8,5,4,1,1
Total: 32 (Rolled) = 32

Verbose Output:
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 8.
*Rolled a 1.
*Rolled a 4.
*Rolled a 5.
*Rolled a 10. Exploding. New die adds 9 and becomes 19.

Fluff
Duty. Love. It was a conflict that all samurai risked confronting. But like her desired and respected Toshimoko-sensei, for a true servant of the Empire, there was only one real choice, no matter how much it may cost one in making it. Saving one might allow her to save the other, but it was a distant thought, as instinctively her Duty and her Heart decided her course of action.

Zoyu's face was smooth, calm and serene, her voice cool and sure, while her eyes were bright and fathomless. "I have made it, Tisuri-sama," she said, dipping her head towards the Kenku, before sprinting towards Rin and calling over her shoulder. "If you would be so kind, this one would be in your debt if you could see to alleviating the Lady Sun's most imminent distress."

The beautiful Crane did not allow herself to look back, to seek a response in the Kenku's dark eyes or to look upon her dear friend and first love. Though and action were one, and they were directed towards one goal, the swift and sudden strike that would end the thread. With the long and graceful steps of a gazelle, Zoyu ran after Rin.

And through the breach the Dragon Swordsmistress made in the Zombie, Zoyu leaped, her starlight blade sweeping in a singular slash to bring the Moon Cultist down low to open the path for her and Rin to the Maho-Tsukai seeking to humble Lady Sun.

To save Lady Sun...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No attack this round. All effort is on getting this small ball as close to the bigger ball as is physically possible to get.

Roll is Str + Athletics + Fires of Purity + Void Point, for a grand total of 6k5

6D10 => (7 +10 +10 +2 +2 +2) = 33

Rerolling 10s

2D10 => (7 +6) = 13

For a Grand total of 44 to hit. Which hits with a little to spare.

The Satchel sailed cleanly through the air, landing square in his open palm. It was an impressive feat, from so far across the courtyard. He sketches a quick bow to the Kenku, offering his silent thanks to the guide. Abruptly turning and sheathing his sword, he withdraws the Jade Sun from the pouch, tucking the pouch into his own obi for safe keeping. Rolling the jade sphere over his hand, getting a feel for it. It was surprisingly light, all things considered. It felt like it should be much heavier, at least, with how much he was pinning onto it. Looking up at Orb at the top of the pole he couldn't help but realise once again just how far up the thing was. Tossing the orb twice, getting a feel for how it flew, he nodded to himself before being distracted by the slight giggle coming from his ghostly companion.

Raising an eyebrow in her direction, she raises a sleeve to cover her mouth and conceal her apparent amusement.

"Forgive me. You just reminded me of someone. They got that exact same look on their face when they were concentrating on something. But here, let me help you with that." She took both of his hands, enfolding them in her own, ghostly blue overlaying tanned. "I suppose I can aide you just a bit further yet. Just calm yourself. Listen for it. I know that you will be able to hear it, if you just listen" Closing his eyes, he did as she bid, despite his mounting confusion. It was difficult, with the fight raging around him, but long hours of practice helped him reach that zone of calm within his own being.

"Good. Just like that. Now listen for it and when you Know it, speak. I'll be doing the heavy lifting, so don't concern yourself with that. Just move with the flow" there is a beat of silence as he focuses and his lips move, mouthing a single word, too quiet for anyone but his companion to hear. She looks on in fondness before, as he utters the word, closes her own eyes in concentration. In unison, their eyes blaze with Azure light and Kaze bursts into flame, the blazing tongues dancing around him. The Ancestor spirit withdraws in satisfaction. "There. That should help."

He nods to her, pivoting on the spot to once more, that same feeling of calm control echoing through him as he winds back and hurls the orb with all his might, carried by the strength of his arm and a prayer to Amaterasu.

Above the Courtyard, a new Star is born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those in the ceramics warehouse can roll initiative!

Everybody can roll, even Kagato (though he may or may not be able to do much. We'll see).

Refresher
Initiative roll = 1k1+ Reflex (meaning you add your Reflex as a static bonus, not dice, to the result) 
The "Quick" advantages adds +1k0 to the roll.

Rin: 9
Kagato: 6
Shugenja: 8
Boss man: 5
Laborer #1: 4
Laborer #2: 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rin: 9
Shugenja: 8 - Casting a spell on Rin
Laborer #2: 6 - RUN AWAY!
Kagato: 6 - Holding action
Boss man: 5 - draw knife and run to the monk
Laborer #1: 4 - RUN AWAY!

It is all Rin's show now since she had initiative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rin will spend void to fudge up the spell if it is at her. she will dart across the room at the witch waiting to the last second to iajutsu draw on the witch

iajutsu attack: 6d10o10 32

she will keep the 10 and 2 of the 5s for a 20

if that 1s a hit damage is  damage: 5d10o10 28

Keeping the 8 & 7 for 15 damage

"Should have listened to me"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...