IC: Modern Mythology Free Writing

Dave ST

I mentioned that I was considering writing free form fictions with a Scion of my own.  Not wanting to play and run the game of Modern Mythology I intended to keep the writing and distinct from the 'campaign' of Modern Mythology.  What spawned instead was an idea.  An idea about people coming together and writing collaborative fictions together like we used to do back in the day.  This is something I'm not opposed to so I was throwing this idea out for interest to see who might be interested in something like that.

So far, and this list is not all inclusive, these are the few things I've come up with.

• Fictions would be in the Modern Mythology world, but not part of the existing MM campaign being played at Salem High School.
  • If you play in the Campaign, any writing you do can not directly affect or impact the ongoing game.
  • You may make a new Scion if you like, this Scion is not considered part of the campaign, but is considered part of the MM Universe.  You can only have two Scions at a time.  If you're in the game, one slot is already used by your PC in the campaign.
  • You may not write for any of the Gods.  The Gods are the sole purview of the moderator (me) of the MM forum.  If you need some godly input, I'll be on hand to help you out with dialogue.  I don't want several people writing for the Gods and then they all end up with several different personalities.

Now, none of this is etched in stone.  This is a discussion not an implementation.  I want feedback, I want ideas, I want to hear from people and see if this is worth trying.  If all you have to say is 'sounds cool' or 'yeah' then keep in mind that that isn't very helpful.

Now flock my minions, speak your minds!

Age isn't really an issue, Scions get pulled from their homes at all ages.  Some can even end up living on the streets for years before their visitation not knowing why all the bad things are happening to them.

I'm thinking of throwing a Scion of Anubis into the free-writing section. S/he's effectively an assassin and angel of death type, tends to travel most of the time, and will help out other Scions if she believes they're worth it. S/he's in full-time war on the titans and those that, knowingly or not, further the destruction of the World (i.e, she has no life.....).

There's nothing I need specifically, this is a free form writing project where you guys can do your own fictions, alone or with one another.  You can even use your MM Salem characters to write with as well, go nuts.  The rules are mostly to keep you guys all on the same page in terms of power and fairness.  It keeps people operating on the same page.

Just be sensible.  Your character are Heroes, not Demigods.  Epic Perception 3 will not allow you to hear flies buzzing fifteen miles away.  That takes successes, a lot of them, plus the Knack that lets you hear lower frequency sounds.  Just because you can life 500 pounds, doesn't mean it's easy.  Heracles still grunts and strains when applying Ultimate Strength.  Trust me, if it's easy, it's not heroic.

For now, just worry what character you'd like to write with and get with the other players.  Decide how you guys wanna handle it.  Be proactive, not reactive.

• Matt changed the title to IC: Modern Mythology Free Writing

Archived