OOC: Scion: MM General Discussion

Dave ST

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok for this climactic scene I think just one of us should write it. Sean suggested this and that we put what we would like our characters to do here and the lead writer (Sean for my money) will put it all together.

I'll start.

Rachel would have followed up the boulder with a rush into grapple the hag. with her gloves on she has an unbreakable grip. I think it would be good for her and Eric to grab and hold the hag as per daves suggestion. Rachel can grab and hold the hags wrist in a vice like grip preventing her from closeing the hand and keeping it where it can be targeted by someone else... who knows maybe even worlf could bite it off. hehe

Mercedes and Aaron would focus on making sure her feet can't get a solid hold on the ground.  Keeping her off balance is key to keeping her on her back so the others can go for the heart.  With Beth's serpents there it'll be a bit easier for them, especially since Aaron isn't one to wrestle with rock ladies.  None of you can pierce her hide (your Legend scores aren't high enough) but the rules don't say you can't wrestle an invulnerable target to the ground.

Laurie will pepper her with arrows at a distance because her boots, or worse, she, might get muddy if she gets to close.  While the arrows can't hurt her, they do have impact and can help in keeping her off balance.

I know it's hard to coordinate everyone's actions, but the key her is to not sweat it and have fun with it.  There are no wrong answers.

Suggestions -

With the prongs of his trident Austin could pin her other hand to the ground.  Between him and Nadya they should be able to hold it in place and the trident establishes leverage.

Both Austin and Fisher have spears.  Perfect for piercing her heart.

Beth's staff is unbreakable, when placed across Spear Finger's throat (whether lying on her chest or grappled from behind), someone could hold her down, again the staff provides leverage by widening your grip.

Wolf and the serpents will continue to torment her, making sure she remains off balance.

So how about an order like this?

1. Wolf and serpents, Laurie's arrows, Mercedes and Aaron throwing SPF off balance in one whole effort.
2. Rachel and Eric begin the clinch, bringing SPF to the ground on her back. Rachel's got the heart-hand forced open.
3. Austin and Nadya pin down the other hand with the trident.
4. Beth's staff is held down over SPF's throat - with Cuate and others helping keep the pressure?
5. Dane keeps the music going to mess with SPF's head.
6. Fisher pierces the heart and finishes the job, for he is death, son of Izanami.

Hey now, he's a rock star?

I like the idea of Beth recklessly catapulting in and using the staff to try to hold her down. Sounds crazy enough to work. :)

Oh oh, have her polejump. It can extend and shorten. She can put it end down and have it grow while she jumps to fling herself at her!

• Matt changed the title to OOC: Scion: MM General Discussion
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Real quick... I know it was covered in Chat but I'm gonna foot stomp it here.

Your characters are HEROes.  You can purchase knacks and powers from the Hero book at this time.  If you have purchased Knacks from God or Demigod (or Companion or Ragnarok) then you need to swap those Knacks for Hero knacks.

I can certainly understand the frustration.  I can also understand that it was 3 years ago, so if it was in the chat three years ago, I don't remember it.  I do know I posted that it was a 'Vanilla' game, meaning that Heroes don't/can't buy Demigod/God knacks.  And I know that when I read that my memory tells me that the above was my intention.  For some that sucks, for others it's okay, and it's for that reason that I'm willing to award Demigod/God/Companion/Ragnarok knacks as story bonuses.  It allows me to keep control of how powerful the characters get at a pace that matches the game's speed.

If that explanation isn't kosher then I can go with quoting a post from Nina to her players that reads something to the effect: it's not about what you guys want, it's about what I want because I'm the one running the damn show.

I ask for very little.  Running a game (or two or three) for 4+ players is not an easy juggle so I ask for flexibility and the understanding that I'm human and I will put my foot in my mouth on more than occasion from time to time.  Work with me so I can, in turn, work with you.

Also, if anyone can present to me a post (not a chat log) where I approved anything I'm asking you to change, then I will, of course, honor that.  I don't keep a log of all the character sheets you guys send me, the responsibility of those sheets falls on you, not me so once they are posted by you, I move on.  Also, when receiving a flood of PCs (and the accompanying 30 questions that inevitably come from everyone) I don't sift through book after book trying to locate that one power or ability you decided to take.  I don't have the PMs where someone asked me 'hey, can I take this?' and I said yes.

This is why we should be making use of the OOC Thread instead of chat, it creates a lasting a log.

So the Band meeting isn't something that needs to be 'on-screen' but the gist is that Fisher and Austin fills the others - and Mr. Syracuse - in on the whole witch ghosts loose in Salem again, Marius swiped the Nekiya and moved on, etc. Is there anything anyone else would bring up? I know Nadya needs to give those Spear-Finger heart-shards to Mr. S for trophy forging.

grim - that probably needs to be done in story

as for the rest - this was likely the plan all along... the dresses the dance nadya's bespelling all something to distract us. we need to know who the witches were and we all need to watch hocus pocus so we know how this is supposed to play out

Unless you guys honestly want to go through with it all, Grim can introduced over the weekend (The Dance was on a Friday).  The next chapter will begin either on the following Monday after the dance or about a week later on Halloween.  Either way, the next chapter will be Halloween parties and witchly angst and heroics (and drama, all that drama).

This is the place to ask 'hey, what's up with so-and-so'.  If you don't ask, I assume you either don't care (and there is nothing wring with that), or you're just waiting for it come up in the story later.

Also, GM freebie... two of you are 'dating' members of the opposite Band... now would be a good time to see if you can get a little information out of them as to what's going on in Salem.

2 minutes ago, Dave ST said:

Also, GM freebie... two of you are 'dating' members of the opposite Band... now would be a good time to see if you can get a little information out of them as to what's going on in Salem.

Laurie is still acting according to our previous discussion in her off-screen time.

The Dance was a bonus thread.  It had nothing to do with the plot aside from introduce the witches.  Marius is no further ahead or behind you guys than when the thread started.  It might seem that way, but that's how storytelling goes, you have to ham up the little things to keep the group racing towards a goal.  The Dane was nothing more than an angsty cash grab for drama, bond forming and information gathering.

I mentioned it at the beginning of The Dance, but I'll reiterate it again: there was no possible way to win or lose during the bonus episode.  You guys are still on track for season.

Laurie - I'll need you to roll me a Charisma + Empathy and lemme know how many successes you get.

What is known about Grim as a result of the off-camera introduction:

Scion of Odin.

Odd-colored eyes with a faint thin scar over the left one, seldom smiles, scarred hands from lots of thin cuts.  Has a slight limp.

Was mostly an invisible scrawny waif fading into the background of the school before his disappearance for 18 mths.  Seems to have grown and filled out a little, but still wears too-big threadbare second hand clothing.

Polite in a distant way, and sparing with words and expressions.  Not shy or retiring - he will meet the eyes of whoever is speaking to him - but taciturn and hard to read.

If anyone has any specific quizzing to do to him, that can happen on-camera.

Archived