The Ready Room (OOC News)

Sailor OOC

Well well well, what do we have here? A shiny new game!

Anyways, welcome to Joint Task Force Zero, and I hope this turns out to be a awesome campaign together.

So, first things first, something that I want to note to everyone who wants something to do before we get this show on the road: Once the game opens, you may post up a story describing an event from your Visitation to just before when the game starts. If you do this I will float your way a few extra Bonus Points to spend depending on the story in question. Costs will be the cost at character creation when you spend these points, just so we're sure.

I intend to start in a few weeks, or when Heritage feels he can get rolling, he had some RL kick him in the Jimmy, so I'm being patient. That and it'll give time to potential players to send characters to me to look over and see if they'll work for my game.

When you do these stories, post them in the IC section.

ALSO PLEASE... PLEASE... for the love of Mike become a member of the game. And follow it!

I will be starting to post more world info this weekend for everyone to chew on. I also want to ask something of everyone.

Think of what your character might be doing when not on a mission and not authorized for shore leave. In other words when "on call" while on the ship. It can be any idea you can think of as long as 1: It's some duty on the ship and 2: it's something your character doesn't mind doing.

Sakurako's time will be spent between actually cleaning the deck (She's a bit of a worry wart about that stuff) or doing test flights with her aircraft. Of course any open period will be her assisting as a "Survivor" to keep the CSAR team on ship sharp or working with the others on their duties.

Okay, when I approve your characters when you PM me, please post them in the character thread in the Out of Character section. If everyone gets their character in by the 19th, I will give everyone 5 bonus points! I plan on wanting to start up a couple of threads then.

So, slowpokes, pack yer kit and get ready to deploy!

Okay thinking about this, I might have one social thread that brings everyone together, followed by (depending on how many get their sheets in on time) a few mission threads with one or two players each to get warmed up. Sound good?

Nice.

Right now from what it sounds like I'll be running Iron in a thread with a NPC partner, And possibly one or two more missions with 2 or 1+NPC depending on how many sheets get approved before then.

Also for now I'm not counting Heritage as someone who will be active when we start, so it doesn't count if he doesn't get a character in by the deadline.

Oh, one note, I want people to post their stories as IC posts (Prefixed with [Story] in the thread title and Story in the tags.) Not in with their background. The reason why I mentioned people to make stories was to give them something to do before we begin. These don't replace your backgrounds.

Don't worry, I will still pay up the 5BP no matter where the stories written go, but I don't want people to be confusing Stories with Backgrounds.

Ah. Makes a bit more sense.

Oh, can I get a roll call here of your current statuses with your characters, please? I'll be comparing this with the final tally on Saturday. I may make cuts accordingly to avoid waiting on players. This is pretty much a warning of possible cuts, btw. Heri, Long, and Nina's characters are only safe players from this, as Nina and Long already have characters in, and Heri is one of the core group of players I've invited to do this.

And a note, I will be strict about the 5bp bonus if all characters outside of Heri aren't posted up by the end of Saturday (by Central time). If not everyone is in, no bonus. And depending on status cuts will be made.

Okay, I think I'm riding a bit hard here so I'm changing things.

If you get your character in on or before Saturday, you get the 5bp, afterward 3bp. I will not start until I get characters from everyone that has expressed interest. If I don't get all characters in by next Wednesday though, consider yourself cut. The rest of the group can't wait forever.

I'm going to be downgrading a few of the characters, their profiles will be removed while I re-write them...

Also I will be delaying the start of the game until next wednesday. As a result I'm moving out the deadline for 5 bonus points until then as well. But next Saturday I want all those interested in participating to post their characters by Saturday or the player will be cut.

Scratch it, I'll just start once everyone is in. But if everyone turns in by Wednesday they'll get the 5. Otherwise they're out.

The reason for the delay is I don't think I'll be ready until then. I also won't be posting NPCs that I make, but be assured now none of them are Scions outside of your CO and my character.

Okay got a bit of a tally here.

Turned in characters (5 BP Guaranteed)

Justin
NIna
Iron

Characters just about done (5 BP if turned in by FRIDAY)
Sunstar
Kaoleth

Players who notified me they will have something in shortly (5 BP if turned in by FRIDAY)
Heritage

I am going to consider this the 6 players for this game. I will modify the roster when I got time.
Also the reason why I'm pushing the cut deadline to Friday is due to a little surprise in the weather I might be out of it Tuesday and Wednesday. I won't change things for Friday if things improve on my end.

The reason why I note Friday as D Day for this game... is because that is when I plan to start up.

I think I need to state a couple things.

1: Things are okay. Seriously.

2: The first couple of missions are going to be as much my feeling out the system and getting my feet wet as much as making sure I provide something entertaining. I will admit up front the first couple missions won't have monsters and freaky crap happening to you. But fighting? Can be done... all the fighting. Not guaranteeing it'll be a hard fought battle though.

3: It's still on for Friday as the final deadline. Get your characters buffed up and done by then, please.

A note on our deadline... I am moving it to Saturday Night at Midnight to allow our stragglers 24 more hours. As it sounds like many are close to completion.

If I don't get characters by then I'll consider them not participating in the first mission which I'll start Wednesday or Thursday next week. No sooner. I need to know how many we got before I start planning things out. Well as best as a ST can.

Archived