House Rules

Sailor OOC

Here are the house rules, conveniently cut and pasted from the recruiting post in the general forums.

Please note not to post here, as I will be using this to post new rules and I don't want too much clutter. (Ooh I can lock this... swank!)

Character concepts

The characters for Operation Omnitheon's Joint Task Force Zero are primarily US servicemen and women, who had their visitations while serving their country. Under Operation Omnitheon, other servicemen from other countries who were Scions were also allowed in, making JTF0 a truly global operation.

Characters therefor can come from any country, as long as they are loyal to JTF0, and to the cause of Operation Omnitheon.

Once the game starts, each member of JTF0 will recieve a callsign, a codename that fits who they are, given to them by their parent god(s) for two reasons. One, to seperate them from their original life in the service of their country, but also to shield them from Fatebinding mortals. Although fatebinding itself is much harder in this modern era, this practice has been discovered to further seperate a Scion from disturbing the tapestry of fate, although a Scion could amp up the effect of their godly rights, but in the process drop that shield from fate, causing things to become... interesting.

Expectations

As this is a military game, there will be combat, as such characters need to be better than adequate when push comes to shove that they can shove back. There is room for all sorts of character concepts, but you are Military, and your statistics should reflect this. I would like at least 2-3 posts a week overall in threads in general, and I will post at best every other day, within reason.

Player Content Rights

Any characters submitted are theirs, and they are free to decide if they wish to have their character as an NPC in the game if the game does not expand enough to allow them as a player. By default their character submitted will NOT be allowed as a NPC. If it is, I will record how often it is used so if any expansion of the game occurs, I can grant extra experience as a "thank you" for using their character.

Reccomendations

I'd say be clever in design, come at me from left field. Make what you want and don't worry about "niches". If you got questions about fluff, I can help with that and basic rules info. More in-depth rules you can ask Justin as he is well versed in the system, and I can include him in any PM character creation or question threads. I will admit I'm getting sharp with this but I will make some mistakes, I want people to be understanding, particularly if I take time in deciding how to go with a rules question.

Character Generation and House Rules

Attribute priorities have larger point spreads, all Attributes start at 1. (9/7/5)

Abilities get a slight bump of 36 dots to distribute, and you still have to follow the manditory 6 dots for favored abilities.

You get 7 Birthright points.

15 points for Boons and Epic Attributes.

You get 6 points for Virtues.

You get 20 Bonus points.

Legend starts at 4, and cannot be raised by any means during character creation.

All character generation caps are observed as normal.

It is reccomended to take proper Abilities and Attributes to at least be useful in combat. Even with a 5 in your Physical attributes, that means you'll have two 3s and a 2 in your physicals, and with how most bonus points could be spend in Attributes and Abilities, you can round out easily. This is a Military game, fighting is bound to break out one way or another. Rely in some form of personal and/or ranged combat.

Combat Rules Changes

Ignore the mentioning of "Ticks".

Players roll Wits+Awareness, going in order from highest rolled successes to lowest. (Vs. Difficulty 7) We use initiative here, boss.

People with the same number of initiative successes go at the same time, gained penaltys on that turn don't take effect until after all have acted.

To ease this, in situations with ties between Players and NPCs, Players aware of non-supernatural NPCs will always act before the NPC as if the NPC rolled LOWER. Supernatural NPCs will always act on the same initiative as a player if there is a tie.

Ignore all references to Speed.

DV penalties for actions still apply.

Players have 3 separate damage tracks for Bashing, Lethal, and Aggravated damage.

You take the worst penalty of your Bashing or Lethal tracks at any turn or outside of combat. Aggravated penalties are ADDED to any penalties from Bashing or Lethal.

Rules HaCkS... Because HACK THE PLANET!

"Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue"

You guys are the sons and daughters of Gods and Goddesses, as well as highly trained soldiers, sailors, and pilots. As such, your characters recieve half lethal damage from non-supernatural NPCs using mundane weapons. This damage is rounded naturally. (Forget the whole "Round Up Always" deal.)

"Be all that you can be"

When fighting mundane people, you are a whirlwind. But against supernatural foes you are indeed a legend in the making. As such when you spend 1 willpower during your turn you can get at least 1 Success in your choice of rolling to hit, or rolling damage. (While I think this might be a rule already, I am enshrining this just to be sure)

"Into the Wild Blue Yonder"

Whoever is in the air either on their own or in an aircraft can participate in aerial combat if properly armed. People fighting in the air will be rolling their initiative separate from those fighting on the ground. Also as such aerial combatants will act first in the combat portion of a thread before ground-pounders.

"Anchors Aweigh"

While on ship, Scions will not get sea-sick, nor suffer penalties for bad conditions. Those with the "Sea" purview can even withstand even supernaturally whipped conditions for free, when Scions without will start to get sea-sick. This can be resisted normally, and will have no penalties for the roll. (Although Scions who fail will have a mild penalty to their rolls (1 Difficulty) while the mortals on ship are heaving and falling over.)

"Semper Paratus"

If a character should be put into Dying with Lethal or somehow with Bashing, a player may spend their Experience points to stabilize themselves. 1 XP per dot of lethal that would kill. This will be reflected in game when they wake up as "missing time" in their memory. Pretty much they forgot things because of their trauma. You cannot use this to heal any damage outside of actual "killing" damage. This also doesn't remove bleeding or other lasting effects... that's for the medic on the team to handle (you were watching their back, right?)

"Twist of Fate"

In mechanical terms; the rules of Fate apply only when a Scion isn't operating under an assumed identity. The codenames that you will recieve will be specially tailored to ensure that whatever you do won't attract the problems of Fatebinding mortals. If a player wishes they can also do additional things to hide their identity. Thing is Fate itself is a wibbly-wobbly thing, and this doesn't mean your lives won't be interesting... and you can always choose to let fatebinding happen, but opening your door willingly to fate might make things more interesting than expected.

Always assume that taking the risk of fatebinding will increase the effect of one of your godly powers or relics by a dot, but you open yourself to the possibility of binding yourself to someone at the increased level.

A note on books...

I allow the Scion: Hero, Demigod, God, Ragnarok, and Companion books for players.

Also if you want info on some milspec weapons, get your mitts on World of Darkness: Armory (Not sure if Onyx Path's renamed that book "Chronicles of Darkness: Armory" yet... The rules are close enough for Scion use, and if there needs to be any adjustment I'll do it on a case by case basis.

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived