Justice League of Eberron OOC Thread

Charlotte

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Folks, I'm sad to say it, but we have a pretty big problem. I'm not sure when Malachite is going to return, Sailor OOC quit, and Dawn is not answering her PMs, which means we're down to three players - which I don't think is enough to run a viable campaign.

So I'm going to ask that which remains of the group:

1) Should we press on with just the three of you,

2) Should we wait for Dawn and/or Malachite to tell us what's going on, or

3) Since this seems to keep happening in campaigns I run, an honest question: do I suck at this? Because the common thread in every disintegrating campaign I've run - and they have all disintegrated - is me. I can't help but feel that if my GMing was up to snuff, this wouldn't keep being an issue. So do people even want to continue on, or are people just posting out of habit and an unwillingness to tell me they're not having any fun?

It isn't you.  I've enjoyed every game of yours I've played in.   sad fact of the matter is the playerbase has shrunk drastically on this site, and when RL smacks players, it can have effects across nearly every game.   Generally, my experience over the last 11.5 years here is that if people ain't havin fun, they're gonna tell you. RL smacking players has killed more games on this site than anything else out there.

Granted my own opinion may not matter so much, as I'm not playing in this game, but I have always enjoyed your games.

I agree that it isn't you, for what it's worth. I've been enjoying the game, and the other threads as well.

I think in this case, there's a certain amount of bad luck involved. Mala and Dawn have their hands full lately, and Sailor is...rather notoriously unreliable.

Beyond that, I guess maybe it might be good to run the 'prologue' threads simultaneously with the group thread? So we can get together faster and interact and stuff? I like your comic book structure, but the pace of PBP means that if we wait for intros to resolve before we can talk IC, it's a long time. I dunno if that's contributing to the dropoff here, but it might be.

Hopefully we'll get feedback from other players too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am signaling that Saturdays are the day I frantically try to get my movies and other stuff in, and consistently forget that it's also an update day. Ugh, I'm sorry!

The story is really putting me through my paces...having to get into Lysa's head a lot. Which is good! But it means I want to mull my posts over and then because I'm apparently prematurely senile, I forget to actually post. The doofiness is real. I will try harder though. I am really enjoying it!

So I've decided to move forward and to try and recruit some new players. I'm currently looking for two.

If you're interested, let me know, and let me know whether you'd like to be inserted into the big team-up thread straight away, or whether you want to have your prologue thread first.

You will be at PL 10, and 150 points to start. The game updates Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Other relevant details in the first few posts in this thread. Hope to hear from you all soon! If I don't hear back from two people with a definite yes by the end of the week I'll look at recruiting off-site, so if you're interested, let me know quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

You might check out the Shifters. They're basically humans who have just enough lycanthrope in them to be able to 'shift' to slightly animalized forms of various types that give them special powers.

Razorclaw shifters could work well for the concept you're considering within the setting of Eberron. :)

Good news is that all of the IC threads that are still active have been resolved! Well done, all of you. You get 5 PP and the game is now set at 155pp and PL 10.

Now, some questions and general comments:

• I'm still recruiting! Two players, possibly three. If there's anyone left on the site who's interested, please let me know as soon as possible.
  • Jeremy, Necro, Max: if you know of people off-site who are interested, let me know and I'll take a look at them.
  • On a related note, I have seriously considered posting a recruiting thread at sites such as ENworld, if not outright moving the game over there. No insult intended towards this site or its playerbase, but I have been trying to recruit for ages and I keep running into a wall marked Not Interested. I may have exhausted everyone who posts here and more drastic measures may be necessary. Thoughts?
  • If we do get an influx of new and interested players, would Jeremy, Necro and Max be interested in an intermediate thread set in Karnnath while I get the other players up and running, or should I put everyone into the big getting-the-band together thread? Both have advantages and disadvantages - putting the big meeting off much longer might not be advisable, but there are things I've set up in the solo threads that will be paid off in the big get-together, and I'd rather people not miss out on a chance to have that reward coming to them by tossing them in the teamup thread first thing.
  • If we do not get an influx of new players, then a question: is three players enough, or should I consider suspending the game? Because to be honest, losing as many players as this game has, has seriously wounded my morale. I've had to rewrite upcoming plans quite a bit to accommodate players dropping out, and it's beginning to become more work than is actually fun. It'll be worth it if we get new players and I can begin expanding again, but without them, I'm seriously on the fence as whether or not to continue.

Thoughts?

Questions! Questions that need answers!

Jeremy, Necro, Max: if you know of people off-site who are interested, let me know and I'll take a look at them.

I shall see what I can do! Most of the other PBPers I know are on Enworld.

• On a related note, I have seriously considered posting a recruiting thread at sites such as ENworld, if not outright moving the game over there. No insult intended towards this site or its playerbase, but I have been trying to recruit for ages and I keep running into a wall marked Not Interested. I may have exhausted everyone who posts here and more drastic measures may be necessary. Thoughts?

Advertising on Enworld is a great idea. I'd be open to moving there, if that's what it takes. I'm already in a few games over there.

• If we do get an influx of new and interested players, would Jeremy, Necro and Max be interested in an intermediate thread set in Karnnath while I get the other players up and running, or should I put everyone into the big getting-the-band together thread? Both have advantages and disadvantages - putting the big meeting off much longer might not be advisable, but there are things I've set up in the solo threads that will be paid off in the big get-together, and I'd rather people not miss out on a chance to have that reward coming to them by tossing them in the teamup thread first thing.

An intermediate thread would be fine, so you can give them the same attention that we each got. I'm also open to the big meetup, but I tend to agree that it might be a bit unfair to charge straight to that without giving them the great prologues that we got.

• If we do not get an influx of new players, then a question: is three players enough, or should I consider suspending the game? Because to be honest, losing as many players as this game has, has seriously wounded my morale. I've had to rewrite upcoming plans quite a bit to accommodate players dropping out, and it's beginning to become more work than is actually fun. It'll be worth it if we get new players and I can begin expanding again, but without them, I'm seriously on the fence as whether or not to continue.

I'm okay with continuing with three players, but I totally get how it could be discouraging. Upshot is, a game should be fun, and not just for the players. So if you do decide you're not up to it and want to shelve or cancel, please don't feel like there's hard feelings. I was there myself a while back. I know how it can go.

I don't know of anyone else to bring in... but I'm all for fresh blood. I'm good with intermediate or direct. I'll have fun either way. I leave it to your GMly intuition. If three heroes is enough for World's Finest, it ought to be enough for us!

• 2 weeks later...

.... I just lost a post due to time out T_T
don't feel like remaking it in whole so I'll just say this, I have a locker of Characters I want to air out, tell me a role that is lacking and I'll fill the niche.
I'm YEARS rusty though, so odds are I'll be a bit slow on how to do things as per what/how to roll for M&M, but I'll recall it in time, I post large posts, and I love details.
Tiny Example post:

Alexander strides smoothly into the room, his boots landing heavily despite his gliding gait.
From beneath his raven black, golden trimmed cloak a thick metal encased hand emerges to rest on the counter with a notable thump; if the inn keep paid no heed to the sound, Alex would proceed to drum his fingers on the battered and chipped oaken counter.
Once he had the inn keeper's attention, Alexander would speak, through the keeper's own attempts if any. "I've been informed that a party is to meet and form here to deal with the threat, are others here yet?" Alexander would say in a voice that resonated with once noble elegance and pride, now mangled with the hiss of steam and bouncing through steel helm, as the former vented from beneath his hood and hand.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Tell me what you want, I have Toons, lots of Toons, and Candy! :D

First post is up (finally). Hello everybody!

Since I'm new to this site, I was wondering if there is a formatting guide or something, or if anyone has any pointers on how to do things like hide text, or how to link in dice rolls (is there a dice roller on the site?)- any help would be appreciated.

Welcome!There is a dice roller in the chat room, long as you have a witness. Right now the chat requires you to set up a separate login. Then you type "/d XdY+Z" with no quotes, where X is the number of dice, Y is the type, and Z is the modifier. For example, "/d 1d20+1" rolls 1 d20 and adds 1.

For a more permanent rolling solution, I use Coyotecode, found here.

To create a click-to-open spoiler box, click the button that's an eye, next to the bullet points in the text box:

rpgpost-texteditor-spoilers.png

Spoiler

Like this!

Also, the quote marks button creates quotable text bars that always stay open, that I typically use to host OOC comments I want to ensure people read.

Like this one!

Welcome to the Justice League of Eberron!

Archived