Pathfinder or D&D 3.5?

Aphrodite Pandemos

Looks like we have a good bit for Pathfinder. If we do it, we will be using Paizo's SRD, not d20PFSRD. That's mean you'll have Core, Advanced Class Guide, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide (no custom races), Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Equipment, Game Mastery Guide, Ultimate Campaign and Bestiaries. You shouldn't need NPC Codex or Monster Codex. And you can't have Technology Guide :P

There possibly will be some things from the Adventure Path I choose too!

I'd like at least four. Jordan, Charlotte and Max are three. And it being a regular adventure path, I'm pretty sure you need at least a trap picker/scout and a healer. Damage dealers and takers would be keen too, but I'm sure and class with a d8 or better can pull that off. Casters? Yeah they would be nice too! Then again, I have been in games where casters were needed and we did well without.

lol, I see this game is going to be the usual "Group of adventuring monsters that should terrify the average village but somehow doesn't..."

EDIT: I am considering either Summoner or Slayer as class.  Gunslinger, Arcanist, Bloodrager, Monk and Sorcer are also of interest but Slayer brings dps to the table and I can pick up trapfinding at level 2.  Summoner on the otherhand gives me (admittedly limited) spellcasting ability and a rechargable meatshield. Race is still up in the air although there is a good chance I will probably just go Human (unless we can create our own...)

Slayer I can vouch for...it's a strong class. Good damage, and decent (if not exceptional) defense and skills.

I was thinking of a Synthesist Summoner if I made a melee brute, but I have ideas for a sorceror, an Archaeologist Bard, and an Oracle.

I'm going to set up an official thread later tonight/in the morning, but the stats so far are

Pathfinder

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Adventure Path

25 point buy

Level 1

Paizo SRD (not d20pfsrd) + Occult Adventures (if you use OA please choose either a core race or a featured race)

This is the player's guide. It's free. download it. Know it. Get 1 free campaign trait :)

I am game. I have a lot of pathfinder books as well. I have a few character I want to do, but the problem is if I should work more on a character I have an clear idea on, or those whom I have an idea but not sure how to work them. Basically I am thinking on doing either a human magus, bard, or cleric, elf tactician or knight (I think that's the class name.Been a while since I look up that class. The basic concept is an military strategist style character.), or a dwarf ranger.

I do have a question to ask for the gm. What is our starting cash? I did not see it on the first page.

Archived