Out of Office for a week

Wing

I'm off for surgery, there was a cancellation in the surgeon's queue so I will be going under the knife tomorrow. I'd apologise for the short notice, but I'm too busy being grateful.

The recovery time on this one is about a week, three days in hospital, four days at home afterwards.

This is a relatively routine surgery, and I have my age on my side so there is no need to be concerned. It's a lot more straight forward than the last one.

My recovery may take a little longer than usual. They're going to put me on oxycodone, which is very strong, for a while because there were a few complications in the post-op recovery.

Nothing to worry about, I'm well on the mend in the best hospital in the country for this particular illness.

The drain is out. The epidural will come out in the morning. I'll almost certainly be home on Monday at some stage. But the home recovery time is probably going to be a week. I will likely be on during that week, but I may be as coherent as a badger.

Feel free to write up some crazy things and give 'em to the Elodoths. :)

Seriously though, take the time you need. We're still plenty busy sorting ourselves out.

As far as I'm concerned, pack construction is part of the game and therefore you have been playing. So beats will be awarded.

And biscuits. Gluten free biscuits for all.

Though they don't post well..

Plot cookies it is. Truth be told, I have given some of them out to players already. This was not done in order of preference, I swear I am a very very impartial ST.

FWiW I come off the morphine at some stage to day and go onto the oxycontin, which is less potent.

Then the tylex for about a week (which will be good for the Elodoth, I already have some amazing Spirits who are just the neutral side of open war with each other).

Thanks for all the words of support.

And the understanding.

Gamers are awesome people.

you just worry about getting well Wing. and everything game wise will sort itself out. and just remember while we can't come visit you there you are in our thoughts after all your part of this family now too.

BIG HUGS

Sorry to hear about your situation Wing.  I hope that things improve for you soon.

About five more days and I'll be out of the house for exercise.

About two weeks and I can finally start looking for work again, no long-down-time post operation recovery operations for the forseeable future.

Thank you.

Glad things are going decently for you. Surgery is one of those terrifying things for me, that I'll probably have to go through, but really don't want to. You seem to be facing it with equanimity I hope I can equal when the time comes.

Archived