On the Sociological Construct that is Furry Death Machine Society

Just digested this line. For some reason it had escaped my notice.

I'm writing a document regarding the Shadow in Cape Hope, but it needs Dawn's Sign off (possibly even Jess').

Between The Flying Dutchman and the fact that the Cape of Hope sees some truly terrifying antarctic storms, it's not the kind of place you want to be in the Shadow. Not that it's at any risk of becoming a Wound, but that it's Wild and Primal and the End of the World.

It's one of those places in the Shadow that you should just avoid unless you're looking to explore the Deep Shadow or get eaten by a dragon or a weird maggath thing.

If you're comfortable with that, golden, but otherwise you might want to stick to somewhere a little less Wild.

The Cahalith Storm Lord loves the idea of it. Whether or not it is practical doesn't really factor into it. Thrilled to see that it is getting a write-up along the lines of what it clearly deserves. If it winds up as wild and primal as it sounds like, actually laying claim to it sounds like a wonderful long-term aspiration for my character.

Wing I'm going to step out of the Werewolf game  Hope you guys have a great time and i will defiantly enjoy reading it.

That's ok, Nina. Joining later is always an option.

Also sorry to hear it.  On a different note, been working on character, should have something to you wing soon (by soon, I mean next few days).

But, reading over the forsaken book, and considering location, tribes, and werewolves, and my present idea has my character with 5 points in totem, I'd like to make a proposal for totem.  I realize normally the totem is considered after the pack, but having some idea about totem now wouldn't hurt, and the below item I think, will benefit pretty much every possible build.

The Killing Wind

• Influence: Wind
  • Tentative Tribe Advantage (if we can get the enough of an experience bonus from the totem): Wits + 2, Brawl + 1

Anyone want to take point on being Alpha of the second pack, set the stage for where that pack came from, what it might look and feel like, and see who would best fit into it? I'm pushing for one of the packs, but I'd like to see an outline for the other as well so folks know which of the options best suits their character.

So, Kaitlyn is definitely out on that, she's not really leader type.

As I understand it, we have the following characters in the works, who are the local forsaken, I also understand there are two additional packs not too far away that are npc's, giving us to some additional potential conflicts in the game.  So, looking over, I think this is where we are in terms of characters, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Rahu Iron Master (Kaleth)
  • Cahalith Stormlord (Wordsmith/Mavuto)
  • Elodoth Iron Master(s) [Assuming neither makes changes]
    • Darrik/Gabe
    • Ariel/Salmonmax
  • Elodoth Ghost Wolf (Samuel)
  • Elodoth Storm Lord (Aaron Imirdum Asilaldil / Wing - ST)
  • Ithaeur Bone Shadow (Jess)
  • Irraka Hunter in Darkness (Kaitlyn/Krul - Me)

I'm not entirely sure both Elodoth Iron Masters should be in the same pack, but I'm not against it either, if both of you like the idea.  Based on the above, I think, either Samuel or Kaleth's character should lead the other pack.

Kaitlyn herself is about 24 years, has several needs and advantages with regards to character connections, and her pack, which can either pack, she would have joined the pack in the last year, likely around the same time she got some advice, as in 2 below.

1. She's the sort of pack member every alpha would not mind in his or her pack, as she no interest in the alpha position herself, but is fairly protective individual and will be devoted to protecting her pack.  She also has a few years as a werewolf so she's somewhat capable teacher on that front, especially if it involves stealth or physical combat.
  2. Someone to have talked to her about how her pulling away from her human side was a violation of the Oath of the Moon, causing her to start reestablishing her human ties, including her work as a private investigator and work on strengthening ties with her family once again.  I would see an alpha, such as Maveto or an Ithaeur (such as Jess's character, whoever she is going to be) as the best ones to have done that, but whoever does it will have Kaitlyn's deep trust, so should be part of her pack, because they are looking not just after her, but helping her stand by the Oath. 
  3. Graceful, quick witted, but shy and not one to put herself forward unless she must, she's not very social, unless it's a matter for subterfuge and misdirection, so someone to encourage, guide, teach and protect her socially will not be a bad idea.

So, I've been doing some digging around. It doesn't look like there is a hard limit on pack size in Forsaken 2nd edition, the way there was in Forsaken 1st edition. On page 272 of WtF, 2nd edition, it discusses a pack comprised of 36 Forsaken.

If we don't have someone else step up to lead a second pack, we could start out with just one pack and some number going it solo. If we want to go that route, we can start with one pack, but have some folks split off to form their own in game once everyone has their feet under them.

Thoughts?

So, I've been doing some digging around. It doesn't look like there is a hard limit on pack size in Forsaken 2nd edition, the way there was in Forsaken 1st edition. On page 272 of WtF, 2nd edition, it discusses a pack comprised of 36 Forsaken.

If we don't have someone else step up to lead a second pack, we could start out with just one pack and some number going it solo. If we want to go that route, we can start with one pack, but have some folks split off to form their own in game once everyone has their feet under them.

Thoughts?

Welp. I'm going to put this down to having only a PDF copy of the book.

I'mma rule you still bring your periphery with you if you can justify it if you're going solo (all except me, my periphery will remain squarely entrenched in the Forsaken venue acting as the barstaff for the Lion's Den).

The no limit on pack size was a bit of a head scratcher for me since I'm so used to the limits in Forsaken, 1st edition. I am still not entirely sure there isn't something tucked away in the book somewhere, but the example of a pack with 36 Forsaken was an eye-opener. I can scarce imagine what the Totem of a pack that size looks like!

Regardless, I am mostly stepping up because someone needs to do so. I hadn't originally intended for Mavuto to be an Alpha at all, but I've pared down on the Cahalith madness and up on the grizzled veteran to make it work. Heck, even if we kick it off with one pack and someone else decides they'd be a better leader in game, I'm fine with that. (Would make for some interesting RP, too!)

So folks, if you want into a pack chime in on the Pack of Troubles thread. Or go it alone. That's cool, too. I just want to make sure that anyone who wants to start in a pack has the opportunity and that we get a chance to build it out together.

coming back aboard

concept is still the same  Cahalith Blood Talon

Will get all the particulars in a day or so but here are some of her details She is an ex pat american who was an up and coming singer songwriter, she had her first change while touring europe and has been there for a couple of years. She has left Europe and now comes to South Africa for a new start. She will be a lone wolf at first and see what develops.

Imirdum Asilaldil, (First Tongue for "Lightning on the Horizon") barowner and recluse extraordinaire.

To any non Stormlord, he's off on "Tribal Business", but has shown up over the past year when the Spirits get out of hand or if Hosts pop up.

To any Stormlord, he's off on "Tribal Business" and may or may not tell you what it is.

Below, find the large amount of text data that comprises things that are known about by all werewolves who have spent at least a week scoping out Capetown.

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

I should note. This is pending approval. I got ahead of myself. Sorry, Dawn unequivocally my fault.

As is the spirit landscape. Which I will be proper about waiting for the approval before posting.

For those who are probably wondering, what you should do is copy the code, then click on the ling in Wing's sig. Then click on the link in the new window for the mapping system. Then click on the Import button, paste the code, and then click Import as New.

Therefore, though this is pending approval, you get a nice sneak preview of our mapping system to be.

Archived