Heroic High Fantasy

Chel Malliath

Decisions  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which system should we use to make characters?

• Mythic
    • BESM
    • Mutants and Masterminds
    • GURPS
    • D&D/Pathfinder
    • Other (please specify)

Who wants to play? I do! I'm thinking about setting up a generic world that we can build on the fly. Now, I know what you're saying, "who's going to run this?" No one, no one is gong to run this. I have picked up a book that pretty much makes a GM not needed. It's called Mythic. Basically you play your game until you have a question. The question is answered through a roll, then the players interpret it cooperatively and then move on. See? No need for a GM :D

You can pick up Mythic here, but you really don't need to. I can explain out the parts that need to be explained :)

This character is an open work in progress.

Half-Dragon Elf. Age 25 (elves are technically immortal, though the long childhood makes no sense). Speaks an island dialect of Elven, Common/Trade, Draconic and Druidic.

Raised in a tribal village on a tropical island.

Found and adopted a dire tiger cub at a young age. Soul bonded with it. As long as she's alive, it's alive. They can converse with each other.

Grew up a hunter. She can stealth and track, is also handy with a bow and knife.

Though it was her lot in life to become a shaman. She sees and can interact with spirits as they interact with everything else. She can use them to manipulate everything natural (nature, elements, mortals, anything not man-made). This pings off as magic to those with senses as such.

Seeing her blessing, the village elders sent her out into the world to find her place among the spirits. They told her to come back when the time was right.

6f6xch.jpg

Ok the character idea I had goes like this:

Boy half-elf the product of an Elven Noble Psionic Mage forcing himself on a human female whilst paralysing her with his powers. He walks off thinking himself scot-free but unbeknownst to him the woman he has abused is an acolyte of an Earth/Fertility Goddess who curses him as he leaves. The boy, call him Rorx for now but will probably change it, grows up in the inn where this occurs and his mother works, respectably, but he is unruly and she is unprepared for the long adolescence until she can take no more and she arranges for him to be sent to a church boarding school. However, his psionic powers have kicked in and he gets wind of these arrangements And they are not to his liking. Therefore he runs away and hooks up with a caravan heading to the big city a few towns down the line. On the trip he is taken under the wing of middle aged caravan guard and learns a little of life on the road, weapons and a smattering of things in various languages.

Once in the city he takes up with a street gang for a couple of years, aiding their survival and comfort with his unusually successful thefts and raids on other gangs. But all good things must come to an end and the thieves guild starts taking an interest at which point he decides its a good time to move on again. This time he has more money and better clothes and equipment with him although still looking young. During this trip he ingratiates himself with an older human mage of mediocre intelligence but high proficiency gained through time and patience rather then natural talent/intelligence. Indeed he succeeds, perhaps helped a little by his still developing psionics, in convincing the mage to take him on as his apprentice, "to teach him all he can learn until he reaches adulthood". Unfortunately for the mage he did not realise that this would be almost 20 years away. However, the mage was an honest man and had given his oath no matter that it had been tricked into it. In the end the mage died peacefully of old age a few months before Rorx 35th birthday and official adulthood. By then Rorx had learnt most of what the mage had learnt over his lifetime of study through a combination of higher natural intelligence and needing less sleep than a human. Having no interest in continuing to run the mages business Rorx took to the caravan trails again, drifting for a time and flittering away his money until he is left with little choice but to start to earn more again.

Falling back on his childhood skills he quickly becomes an accomplished thief, using his powers to both aid in his thefts and to get away afterwards. It is in the getting away part that he strikes upon the ruse of taking an identity as a caravan and sometime body guard. And thus will he be encountered for the first time, dressed in the studded leather, short bow and paired shortswords of his apparent profession, a young man of perhaps 20-25 (although actually closer now to 45).

cant decide on my high elven undead wizard/warlord (sethra lavode inspired) or a barbarian princess with an ax to grind (Dejah Thoris from the Image comics inspired with a little bit of Red Sonja thrown in as well hehe)

Elf Undead Warlord  sylvanas-windrunner-world-of-warcraft-ga

Barbarian Princess (cats just a pet back home lol)   601637_330986437007700_634152554_n_zps0l

i havnt finished reading it but i picked it up today and i have to agree as a gm tool i can see its uses but as a stand alone system im not too thrilled with it.

that being said it wont keep me from playing if its the system you want to use:)

and im kinda leaning toward the barbarian princess concept now....

Archived