Psions Unite! OOC

Rorx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a British design as far as I know. European collaboration. Might in use with some US companies, but not likely to be internal flights as there is not the passenger demand to make it worth while, this flight could hold ~460 people.

Ok a brief thank you and a warning.

Thank you to those of you who have posted so far :) and a warning for those that haven't that I will be posting again to move things forward tomorrow (26th March) before 15:00 GMT (10:00 EST).

Also do people want me to start a Character Thread for the PC's/NPC's ?

Hi peeps here is the immediate timeline, barring people doing things etc of course.

Take-off was at 20:00 EST (01:00 GMT) - Done

20:05 EST Seat belt light goes out and can use electronics again - James and others turn on TV

~20:10 EST ISS window breached live on CNN - NOW effectively

20:30 EST (01:30 GMT) Food will be served

21:00 EST (02:00 GMT) Food should be cleared away by now.

22:00 EST (03:00 GMT) Next update post to give time for you to do things/chat after meal for those not going to sleep.

Please post a reaction or lack of interest to ISS being hit, and anything you do after the meal or just going to sleep

Okay, a bit late, but we may be able to accommodate you.

If you need any help or have any queries about the changes I've made to the Core Trinity rules for this game then post here, pm me or see me in chat.  ;)

Current/Future time line

2200 EST (Now ish) CNN anchor gets podded live on TV. Bit of panic and Captains announcement.

2215 EST - next update post (tmrw) - News report

2230 EST (0330 GMT) - Next news report (another update post?)

0300 EST (0800 GMT) - Plane due to arrive London Heathrow.... (last post of flight ending with you emerging from your pods...at some point in time...)

I'm not worried about combining the posts or not, I'd just like to move this along.  Until something either something happens on the plane that the characters can interact with or we land, there is really nothing for us to do aside from talk amongst each other.

dont want to knock anyone or put anyone on the defensive but posting is what we do. ST gives us a thing and we create our part of the story. One it doesn't have to be interaction with others at this time or really anytime for that matter. but it should be about developing your character and how he or she deals with whatever.

Aph, Asa, and My self along with a couple of others managed to make posts. with no problems and only Asa and mine were interactions really.

I dont think its fair to try to rush the story teller.  this game has been moving at a pretty good clip considering Rox's limited availability and i dont think hes about to just take a month off for no reason or without telling his players.

Most of you have been on the storyteller side and you know how much work it can be. We have a bunch of players in this game some who rarely post more than once a week. we have to accommodate those too and rox i think with his long flight posts is accommodating the frequent posters as well as the others.

in a nut shell if you dont have anything to post I dont think thats rorx's fault.

each of us has a character, a situation, and an environment we can interact with in a post.

I really hope i didnt offend anyone but if I did you have my apologies

I don't think I'm to blame here, Nina. I've been trying to squeeze out posts that would actually either A: Move the story forward or B: Not look like posting for posting's sake.

Yes, I know the toast left some people scratching their head, quite frankly that's all I had to go with. I don't think that even applies here at this point.

I'm not attempting to rush the story teller here, either.

dont want to knock anyone or put anyone on the defensive but posting is what we do. ST gives us a thing and we create our part of the story. One it doesn't have to be interaction with others at this time or really anytime for that matter. but it should be about developing your character and how he or she deals with whatever.

Aph, Asa, and My self along with a couple of others managed to make posts. with no problems and only Asa and mine were interactions really.

I dont think its fair to try to rush the story teller.  this game has been moving at a pretty good clip considering Rox's limited availability and i dont think hes about to just take a month off for no reason or without telling his players.

Most of you have been on the storyteller side and you know how much work it can be. We have a bunch of players in this game some who rarely post more than once a week. we have to accommodate those too and rox i think with his long flight posts is accommodating the frequent posters as well as the others.

in a nut shell if you dont have anything to post I dont think thats rorx's fault.

each of us has a character, a situation, and an environment we can interact with in a post.

I really hope i didnt offend anyone but if I did you have my apologies

I have to both agree and disagree you here.  As a player it is not my job to set up the scenario.  that's the GM's job.  My job is to react to it, which I've pretty much done.  Theoretically I could add more to my posts, fluff them out with Marco interacting with the stewardesses and other passengers and now knowing that Rorx was giving us more room to define out characters, but that is me fabricating a situation rather than interacting with Rorx and possibly the other players.  At that point All I'm really doing is writing a mini-short story in the middle of the game.

So while you have a point in that there is room for posts we are also right in saying that the passive situation we've been presented does stymie the creative process because it's now on us to create a situation for a characters to handle.

Just a note, I don't mean this to be a negative criticism of you Rorx.  I am just ADHD and a lack of stuff going on tends to cause me to get distracted fairly easily.  Me needs me some stimulation :D

Ok, that's the combined post up. Next update post will include your arrival/landing in London. 

Please note starting to change reference times over to GMT in preparation for your arrival. Plane is due to land at Heathrow at 0755 GMT, almost 3 hours after the UK is expected to get podded.

Hoo boy, here we go. :D

Also to translate GMT for those in daylight savings time, as the GMT modifier is reduced by 1. All times still fall on Thursday (3/12/2014).

Eastern (-4): 7 am

Central (-5): 6 am

Mountain (-6): 5 am

Pacific (-7): 4 am

Just to make clear if it wasn't already 100% of people are getting podded.

In these news reports, webcams or anything else showing pods there are NO other people in sight or being heard, no crying/screaming etc. No-one trying to break into a pod or move one around. Nothing. Just eerie still and quiet and pods lying where people once were.

The web cam of Times Square shows dozens, if not more than a hundred pods lying around, and at least half a dozen cars and trucks that have pranged into one another as there drivers succumbed.

but cheer up!

Heathrow and the other European airports have webcams set up so that incoming pilots can check on the condition of the runways and decide whether or not to try to land on a motorway instead. That means you can get to watch any crashes live as they happen...

Next planned update towards end of time of people getting senses under control, almost, if not at the end of chapter.

yes the fiction topic would be a reasonable place to cover downtime if you wish to do it as a story .

• 2 weeks later...

Can do if you think your going to write enough for a thread. If its just going to be one or two long posts then could put them in the fiction thread.

It was as much to show that fiction would be welcome as to have somewhere to out it. :)

Archived