[Dragonball Victory] Chapter 3: The Great North

Justin OOC

The toaster was half-speaking gibberish again. Datura caught part of the gist of what it was saying. After wrapping a bandage around her scorched and bleeding side, she walked over to the mech. The Saiyan tilted her head one way and another, her black eyes considering. Her tail twitched thoughtfully behind her.

She seized a piece of metal on the mech and pulled it off the machine with a swell of muscles. Silently and grimly, she began to liberate the pilot – ready to deliver him into her allies’ none-too-gentle arms.

"It's too late," said a voice sadly behind Datsura. "He died in that energy blast you did." Sure enough, the mech's cockpit had already been damaged; wrenched open. The pilot inside wasn't much more than very well done hamburger now.

The priestess walked to the cockpit and put her hand on the still-steaming metal there, wincing slightly.

"May you find the peace in death that you never did in....AGH!"

Suddenly she stiffened, and arched her back. Her eyes opened wide and rolled back in their sockets, and she shivered and twitched as if suddenly electrocuted.

Then she fell limply to the ground; a puppet with cut strings. Not unconscious, quite...she managed to catch herself on her hands and knees.

"He was there," Shiori gasped. "He was at the arena...one of the ones who killed the champion."

The priestess looked up at the others. "I saw him in the shadow of someone else...someone with three burning orange spheres in his hand. Three!"

"Let's go." Tetsuko said. Tersely. "The aircraft that remained vectored that direction." She said, pointing where the planes went. "We don't have long before it starts getting brutally cold, and I wager they're outside whatever is suppressing our powers."

She looked over to Gen. "Do we know where the Dragonball is we're supposed to be searching for? I wager wherever they came from is our answer."

She was pretty angry at this point, looking over the rest of the group. Their lack of restraint was starting to weigh on her. "We know these guys attacked the stadium and I don't wanna lose them... not now."

"Wait, Shiori?" Karmahl pushes in close to the girl but does nothing to help her up. "You said Three burning Spheres? Are they Dragon balls does this man already have three dragon Balls?" She looks at Datura and Genichro. "These Balls do they give powers to their possessors? Aside from the wish if you have all of them?"

“Lord Dende said that they granted powers,” Datura said, looking around at the frozen wasteland with new eyes. “This control of the cold could be one ball’s power, while denying us the ability to move could be another.”

She came to a quick decision. “The convection oven is right. Let’s move.” Without watching for the others, Datura started to follow the direction the fighters had gone.

Without further Ado, Genichiro began to job after Datura.   He was at a loss, and very very glad she'd not used the attack she had at this level in the Arena.  "My battle aura can cause some damage, but nothing like this.  I wonder if it's part of growing up on Planet Vegeta."  his voiced carried little further than his mouth as the wind picked up, and he looked back to the others.  "Come on, we cannot get separated.  Besides nightfall's coming."   He wondered how the moon would affect her.  She seemed to be highborn, thus would have control, otherwise it was gonna be a long night.  

Once again they made a shelter, this time digging into a large snow drift, making a cave of sorts.   The menu was deer this time, cooked over flames, and as the sun went down, Genichiro looked to Datura.  "Walk with me for abit I need to discuss something with you."    He indicated the woods, heading back towards a bluff overlooking the valley they'd go through the next day.  

(You are all free to discuss as you like, it is my hope that I will get another post in on friday, either having more fun, or moving us forward)

Her tail bristled sharply but Datura forced herself to calm. “Yes,” she said, heading through the snow to stand at the cliff edge with him.

When they were alone, he said, "It's not the easiest thing to ask so directly, Datura, but we're faced with another night, and a full moon, reflected off the snow, and everything else.  Do you maintain your composure in Oozaru form?"

"Yes, of course," she said haughtily, drawing her coat tighter around her. The Saiyan paused a moment and the hint of uncertainty reminded Gen that she was still young. "What about you?"

The Earthborn Saiyan relaxed slightly.  "Yes, I'm rational.  I just wanted to make sure of it.   Perhaps we can try to do some recon tonight.  Our fur might be enough insulation from the cold.   We certainly cannot hide from the moonlight."

“Yes, we should try to find our enemies.” Her times in the great ape form on Earth had been limited by their rules. As her hosts, they’d asked her to keep it under control in a limited area. The thought that she could go hunting tonight sent a shiver of excitement through her.

Even more interesting was that Genchiro could control the form, and that he had it at all. “I wasn’t expecting you to have the ability to assume the Oozaru shape, Genchiro.” That is the first time I’ve used his name.

The young Saiyan nodded.  "Those with less than half Saiyan blood cannot.  Though I am not purely Saiyan, my mother is, so I was born with a tail and the ability to transform.  I think she was really really nervous when I transformed, I still hear stories about that..."   The use of his name didn't escape his notice.  "Perhaps, when we finish our task, you'd like to meet my mother and sister?  They're the only other Saiyans I know that aren't extremely diluted through interbreeding with the local population."

“Perhaps.” The longing in her voice irritated her.  She longed to be back among her own people, where their words made sense and she felt not-alone. Still, she was no weakling, to weep and moan because she felt lonely. “Do you need to disrobe to shift?” she asked, attempting to keep her tone brisk. She was relieved that she managed little more than the faintest of blushes at her words.

"Sadly yes.  I didn't expect this to take as long as it has, and these clothes do Not expand as the traditional armor does."   He looked at her with a faint blush, "another reason i wanted to ask away from others,  I can deal with another saiyan seeing me, but I guess there's still some modesty in me coming from growing up among humans.  Besides i don't think the priestess would approve." He shrugged.  "I'll get Tetsuko to hold onto my clothes. Not like an Android's got anything of interest there."

Datura nodded sharply. “We should still tell them where we will be tonight, before they worry and come looking for us. And to gather the toaster to help you.”

Gen smiled, and she wasn’t sure if he was happy she agreed or just relieved that everything was working out so well. Perhaps he wants to go hunting as much as you. She didn’t know about that: he didn’t seem very Saiyan at the best of times. Perhaps when the Oozaru form held them both tonight he’d seem more normal.

They walked back to the camp and Datura said, “Genchiro and I will do recon tonight for as long as the moon is high. He will need someone to follow us a short distance and take his clothing for him. Tetsuko, he thought you would be willing to help him.” She wondered if he’d get upset at her speaking for him. At least I am requesting her help instead of demanding it. She glanced up at the sinking sun, gauging how long they had left. Soon. Soon you’ll be free to hunt as a Saiyan.

Shiori looked over at the two Saiyan and lifted an eyebrow curiously. "His clothes?" She giggled.

"I was going to volunteer to recon, but maybe it's something best done in pairs?"

Damn if it didn't sound like she was teasing them!

Tetsuko stood at attention. "Are you sure it would be safe for him to not be wearing anything in this cold?"

She sounded concerned. That, and she didn't know of the Saiyan ability to transform at the full moon. "Unless he has some sort of body temperature regulating technique... I'd better follow along in case something goes wrong."

She finished patching her suit up so she wouldn't get cold. "We should make our way, then." Tetsuko said nodding to Datura and Genichiro. "Besides, I could learn something observing how Saiyans gather intelligence."

She walked over to the two, before turning to the rest in the camp. "Guys, I think you guys should talk to each other to figure out who is in charge of the camp while Gen is gone. Might help in keeping things up and in use... and warm. I think we'll need it once we're done. And have shifts to keep watch while we are away."

She nodded to Datura and Gen. "Let's hurry. Nightfall is soon by my reckoning."

Even as her ears turned red at the priestess’s titters, the female Saiyan turned to the non-living member of their party. “You will not be accompanying us, robot. Nor will you be ‘following along’.” Datura snapped the words at Tetsuko, all attempts at nicety failing her in a rush. She shoved her fist in the air and started to tick off her points. “First, we are Saiyans and we can handle ourselves if something goes wrong. Second, you are coming so that Genchiro’s clothing is not frozen and cold when he done, nothing more. Third, you will learn nothing of how we gather intelligence because it is beyond you. You are literally incapable of learning anything from Saiyan methods.”

The sad thing was, Datura was merely annoyed, not even really angry. That didn’t stop her from scowling at the android. “Were you on my planet, you’d be cinders right now for just suggesting that we need your assistance to do simple recon.” The urge to destroy the nuisance was there for Datura, but unlike the male members of her species she’d met back home, she was capable of withholding annihilation just because she was irritated.

“Oh and number four – you’re not calling the shots here.” Datura fanned her open hand at the synthetic being before dropping her arm and growling, “I said while the moon is up, not while darkness has fallen. If you can’t comprehend or follow simple orders, we’ll get Squanto to come instead. He’s at least capable of as doing what is needed instead of hearing what he wants rather than reality.

“Now, do you understand, microwave?”

Tetsuko crossed her arms: "Counterpoint. My mission is to ensure Genichiro's success, and bring those responsible for the massacre at the Arena to justice. Nothing more, nothing less. I have not noticed you taking any sort of leadership role, that role has been firmly in Genichiro's grasp. I know my role, Datura. I will assist Genichiro on the parameters he prescribes. What I asked the rest of the group... not ordered... was to come up with a plan while the three of us were away. I gave advice."

She actually walks up to the Saiyan. Not yet in her face. "You said I was to follow you two at a short distance during this. Now you take it back by saying I shouldn't be following. That's not the mark of a decisive commander. Is that because of the ribbing that Shiori gave?" She said stroking her chin. "There's a phrase that we on Earth have... Can't you take a joke?"

Tetsuko quirked her eyebrow at the irony that she picked up on a joke far faster than a biological. "The irony is delicious."

"I will accompany not only to do as you and Gen asked... well Gen asked using you as a proxy, to be accurate... but to ensure we are not flanked. It is likely, and logical to infer, that if we are going out to scout out the enemy, they are doing the same to us after the damage we done to their forces. The group left behind needs to be ready if that happens."

"Now, if you have issue with that, Datura, that's how it is. I'm coming along."

Genichiro looked at them all, blushing abit at Shiori's comments.  "it's nothing like that. It's because I want to have clothes later.   My transformation destroys them and since there's no getting around it I need someone to take them and keep them dry, Nothing more than that."

"As to coming on Recon I promise you any enemy forces in the area will be MUCH more concerned with Datura and I than finding everyone else,   It will also be a hell of alot easier.   Nobody's really in charge, do as you like but I think you would best be served by staying in tonight."  There was an edge to his voice, he didn't want the android along, he Really really didn't want a recording of his transformation to leak out.   Datura might not care, but he was gonna have to do it bare-assed,

"we'll bring breakfast with us when we get back.   After we get done with this, we can go out to eat in a real restaraunt, my treat."

He looked to the cloudless sky.  "let's go."

Tetsuko nodded. "Understood. Your clothes will be as you leave them with me."

She shot a look askance at Datura. "I will return here once Gen entrusts me with his garments." She said, sighing.

Secretly Tetsuko started wondering if there could be a way she could transform to be more dangerous in a fight. Hopefully not involving destroying her clothes. She's already started to develop a budget.

With the tool understanding what her purpose tonight was, Datura turned away from the robot. Falling into step with Genchiro – but not too close – she headed out into the darkness. She didn’t care if they saw her transform; let them know what being a true Saiyan meant.

Her thoughts made her laugh a little – she was counting Genchiro as a true Saiyan because of his ability to transform. “What?” he asked her.

“Nothing,” she replied, eyeing what sky she could see beyond the trees. “Just random thoughts.”

They trudged along in silence, following the bluff until they were well away from camp. The eastern horizon was spread before them, the moon already a hint of light on the edge of earth. Datura could feel the power deep inside begin to awaken, testing the bonds of her weaker body. Soon, she promised.

“You need to go, toaster.” Datura pointedly turned her back on Genchiro, to give him a bit of privacy. She realized that he’d talked about having the robot do this out of modesty yet didn’t seem troubled she was here. She wondered about that but decided not to ask. She wasn’t sure what she’d do with certain answers. “The moon is coming and soon it won’t be safe here.”

The robot ignored her, taking Genchiro’s clothing and leaving. With her back to the man, she listened to him shiver in the cold. Just when she was sure he was going to collapse on her, the moon peaked over the distant trees,  and she felt her eyes go silver.

Squatro tended to the flames, keeping them under control. He leaned back against the cave wall, with an odd little grin as he looked at the priestess and Karmahl. "I have a feeling Tetsuko is in for a surprise. There's a reason the clothes are off and we should stay away. I wonder how she'll process Gen's giant monkey.... form. And same for Datura. The Saiyans.are basically alien were-monkeys. Fun fact."

Karmahl sat as always surrounded by Monte and Christo, watching the strange exchange between the mechanical and the two, what did Squatro call them, were-monkeys. Karmahl did not even pretend to understand and wished her chaperone were here to explain. One thing she did know that Datura and Genichiro were dangerous and she wasn't sure which was more. In fact all her companions were she thought more than what they seemed.

"I do not care who leads, I'm just Hungry"

Shiori smiled smugly. "I'm fine. The kami provide."

She hadn't eaten anything for days now, but she did seem to be all right.

The priestess now turned her wide eyes to Squatro.

"Alien were-monkeys? That's AMAZING. How do you know so much?!"

Tran transformation to Oozaru form was empowering, it was primal.  In this form a Saiyan was at full power, and a veritable force of nature. Datura and Genichiro were both strong but this made them even moreso.   Thick fur protected them from the Arctic cold, soon the hunt for food, and their foes began.

The wind was strong and as night fell and they could all see the full moon, the temperature began to drop quickly, They could hear a roar from where Gen and Datura were,  Something that always seemed to happen when males took the Oozaru.

Tetsuko arrived at the camp, a slight bit of frost already on her clothes and skin as she collapsed near the fire, Gen's clothes carefully set next to it.

"They're off, with... whatever they're about to do transformed. By the sound of that roar I don't think anyone would want to be anywhere near they are." She said, moving closer to the fire. She grabs a dead branch and starts chewing on it... that last fight did more to her than she expected and her personal repair nanites needed raw materials, and to her anything chewible was food for her.

"Now, I'm thinking we should keep an eye out. just in case any panicked soldiers decide to run this way... last thing we need is something baiting those two over here."

She laid near the fire, eating her branch while leaning her head on Gen's clothing like a pillow. "I just hope we go somewhere warm next... maybe with a beach. My endoskeleton joint lubricants are... not a fan of arctic conditions. At least until I can do a update patch and my internal nanites develop some insulation system for me."

Datura was still very aware of herself but there was now another perspective on everything. The instincts of the Oozaru tinged everything with an animalistic veneer, though she was still very sentient. She heard Genchiro bellow his challenge to the night and she went still, listening for reactions to the cry.

Something large darted through the underbrush behind and to their left, and she bolted after it. Running on all fours, she ate up ground in this form. Their prey was a moose and Datura rumbled in eagerness as she sprinted after it. Genchiro wasn’t behind her anymore and she grinned as she knew he was getting ahead of them.

The moose sprinted out into an opening and Gen leapt out of the trees, slamming a hand down on it. The doomed herbivore was flattened and the male great ape snatched up the body and ate it in two bites. Datura roared at him and pounded the snow, making the male look sheepish.  His manner made it clear; the next one was hers.

He turned and scented the night while Datura sat down and waited. He’d eaten the prey she’d flushed; he could find the next one. When he snorted and dashed off, she shot after him, following him through the woods. He ran along the bluff face until they could safely jump down, then tore off across the valley floor. She followed as he shoved through a stand of trees and stopped, looking at her meaningfully. He’d found the herd of mammoths but she had to kill the one she wanted.

With a grunt of eagerness, she walked past him, swatting his shoulder lightly with her tail. He sat down and waited as she stalked the herd, who had circled around their young protectively. When she tested them with a mock-charge, they held firm despite their fear.

With a bellow, she hopped up into the air and landed among them. That broke their resolve and they scattered in fear. Datura zeroed in on one of them and chased it down, the animal being no match for Saiyan prowess, great ape or not. She grabbed it’s tusks and broke its neck, tearing into the hot flesh eagerly.

Genchiro had moved when she’d scattered the herd, picking out one for himself. When Datura glanced up in the middle of her feast, she saw him taking his down and killing it. Grunting happily, she ate with gusto, cleaning it down to the bones. Genchiro finished not long after and together they tracked the herd through the snow. The mammoths didn’t try to huddle up this time, and each of the Saiyans took down another of the beasts before they ran away. This time, both of them were sated, and they turned their attention to finding the enemy.

Oh, right. Yes, that was going to be an issue - keeping the affiliations he had secret. At least Squatro had no reason to give it away right now.

To the excited and eager priestess he cleared his throat. "Well, can you keep a secret?"

"Yes!"

"Then you'll understand why I won't answer your question." Squatro observed with a wry grin. Ok, that was a little unfair, but HAH!

Well now, THAT was interesting, thought Shiori as she contorted her face into a melodramatic scowl and playfully poked her tongue out at Squatro. Such a simple question to have such a secretive answer. Information about the Saiyan wasn't overly hard to come by after all, especially for former tournament fighters who could be expected to research potential opponents.

But now he'd tipped his hand that his information had come from somewhere else. Somewhere he didn't want to discuss. Unexpected, and very curious indeed.

"Nyah," she said to him childishly, then rocked back a little, grinning as if she'd just scored a telling hit. "Fine, you can be all mysterious. You're still a good fighter and you seem like a good person, so it's okay!"

She shivered and sighed, letting a plume of mist escape her mouth. "I guess it's going to get even colder, isn't it?" Shiori huddled, pulling her cloak around her shoulders more tightly.

"If only I had access to some tarps or at least something to keep in the heat we're generating..." she said, looking about for some wood to add to the fire to increase the radius and strength of the warmth it provided. "I have to admit, I'm in agreement, Shiori. Squattro is a valuable member of our group. He seems to know quite a lot of what we're encountering."

She smacked her head. "Darnit... I should have looked for any distinctive markings on those mecha or those planes we managed to shoot down. It could have been a clue to what we're dealing with. Maybe Dende or my handlers at Capsule Corp would know."

"I've been spoiling for a fight with these jerks and I'd like to know who I'm going to be testing the engineering of my hand manipulator knuckles against." She said, cracking her knuckles aggressively. "Maybe Datura or Gen will bring something back. If Datura leaves anything behind." She said, sighing.

There was a tremor that was felt for miles, and both Saiyans looked up.  The sounds of metal moving against metal, and high in the sky Lights began to show, a glowing Vee, bright and angry yellow.   Somwhere roughly halfway from the ground and the Vee, two blue lights began to pulse and burn, then 2 great Energy blasts annihilated the ground between the Saiyans.    There were no words, the intention was quite clear.   Death had again come to stalk them.   A metal giant rose above them emblazoned with the NeoRedRibbon Army crest, and the battle was on.

(First turn actions please Datura.    You have recovered half the HP you have lost before.)

The others could hear the sounds of what could only be battle, but it was Shiori who felt something else.   Fifteen miles east, away from the fight, a huge bloom of life force, from experience, something like this could be an enemy stronghold.  It was left to her to guide the others there, if she so chose.

Shiori popped to her feet. Cold temperatures were now a worry of the distant past.

"They need help!" she piped, then pointed. "That way! Follow me!"

She started moving through the snow, taking care to move quickly...but not SO quickly that she'd lose the others.

Tetsuko sighed, getting to her feet. "I can heal anyone who needs it, but the nanites I can only give one dose to for each person... wait... Shiori!"

She glared. She couldn't catch up to her unless she could fly or teleport and that was offline. "SHIORI!"

Tetsuko gives herself a healing shot of her repair nanites and tries to keep up. Tying some of Gen's clothes together like a backpack, as a way to keep them with her without having to struggle carrying them. There was still an impulse to stay at the camp... if no one else follows... she might have to abandon Shiori...

Status
Energy 310/310
Health 490/700 - +50 HP from the healing ability
Divine Relationship 4/5

Datura seemed to be taking the moment to size up their foe, but Gen wasted little time and leaped at the massive metal titan, his powerful fistas crashing against the metal hide with a thunderous racket.   it knocked him away with one arm and then fired a blast at him, which he met and deflected with his own, a powerful beam of destructive energy from his mouth.

The two tigers left at their master's bidding, and quickly found their way to the battle of the giants.  They could only really watch as trees and the taiga were shattered and broken as the behemoths battled.

Elsewhere, the bloom of lifeforce was still strong but starting to fade, as if it was vacating the area.   A choice to head towards the Saiyans, or to this unidentified source had to  be made.

Datura bellowed her fury at the metal-shelled monster before and the other Saiyan. In her current mind, there was no questions or doubts about this other one; he was the same as her now. Her tail rose as she charged their challenger.

Her first attack was a pounding leap that threw her feet into the invader’s chest. The metal groaned as her feet found a grip on its hips; lifting her hands over her head, she smashed it down onto its shoulders. It shoved her off but she just rolled backwards and landed in the snow. With another roar, she tackled the giant, trying to shove it off its feet. She didn’t manage that but she did hit it with a resounding thud.

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 2+6+17: 25

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 5+3+17: 25

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+4+17: 24

Archived