All-Call for Volunteers

Jess OOC

So, I see a fair number of people excited about these games.  That said, we need volunteers to run them.  At a minimum, we need a Venue Storyteller for each venue that is to be run:  Mortals, Requiem, Descent, Forsaken (if it's ready in time), and Vigil (if we go that route).

As this is essentially a brand-new domain (albeit a virtual one), we're not doing a formal "call for elections" yet.  Rather, we just need willing people to raise their hand, give some idea what they plan to do, and -- so long as those here agree -- beginning planning.

- Jess

I'm up for running games and can help with domain/admin side of things if needed, too. I do have a newborn, but she's the most chill baby ever to have been born, so I think by the time this kicks off I'll be fine on that end. I prefer Vampire to run, and would be fine with Mortals, too. I like Vigil and Descent but would need time to read up on them to do a proper job. I know Forsaken but I rather suck at werewolf storylines. >.<

I am more than willing to be an all-purpose adjutant, if you will. Mortals, Vigil, Descent, Vampire, I can help whoever does run any of those. Just not sure I have the proper organization and focus to GM wholesale.

Edit: As a further note, on one hand it would be fun to be a Vigil ST, on the other hand, organizing and designing an adventure is pretty much my problem zone. Organization in general. Maybe if there was a template form to build these things...

I'm up for running games and can help with domain/admin side of things if needed, too. I do have a newborn, but she's the most chill baby ever to have been born, so I think by the time this kicks off I'll be fine on that end. I prefer Vampire to run, and would be fine with Mortals, too. I like Vigil and Descent but would need time to read up on them to do a proper job. I know Forsaken but I rather suck at werewolf storylines. >.<

Having played in your Requiem game when you were VST for MO-017, I'd be thrilled to see you as the VST for Cape Town Requiem. :)

I am more than willing to be an all-purpose adjutant, if you will. Mortals, Vigil, Descent, Vampire, I can help whoever does run any of those. Just not sure I have the proper organization and focus to GM wholesale.

Edit: As a further note, on one hand it would be fun to be a Vigil ST, on the other hand, organizing and designing an adventure is pretty much my problem zone. Organization in general. Maybe if there was a template form to build these things...

Vigil is one of those things that still needs a bit of sussing out.  Like, say, an actual addendum.  And potentially some special treatment for how it interacts with the other genres (though I really, really want to go the "let's be responsible players and trust each other to be likewise" route).  That said?  You've done bloody good work here on RPG Post in the past, and I'd love to see that energy brought to the VST Cape Town Vigil position. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of volunteers, this one is aimed at folks who would like to help out at the global level:

~ ~ ~

Hey Folks! GGST Requiem here!

I'm chasing assistants to help me out with a range of projects. I'm looking for some folks to help me out.

Assistant #1: Administrative stuff, such as chasing down contacts from affiliates and the ST structures there, managing/maintaining some wiki stuff, liasing/writing for the global media newspaper thing and collating documents. This role doesn't need a lot of ST know-how, but you need to be resourceful, have some tech know-how and rather pro-active. Being a keen ST would be a bonus as you'll still be part of ongoing discussions on the global team.

Assistant #2&3: People to help me develop/chew over plots and stories, run NPCs and engage directly with the storytellers in various affiliates. This is a very much a macro-story based role. I'm looking for people who have an idea about how to develop large scale stories for our chronicle, without making them too intrusive on local games. We're looking to develop cool stories to augment the existing games in various affiliates, not interfere with their existing games.

All these roles require some discretion, as you'll be privy to all the super plot secrets on the global team. It'd also pay to have a thick skin, and the ability to shrug and move on if people don't run with your ideas.

If you're interested, flick me an email spi.ggst.requiem@gmail.com with who you are, where you're from, what you want to do, and how you roll as a Storyteller.

Cheers!
Nathan Budd 
GGST Requiem - SPI
(BtS - Australia)
AU2000100320

• 1 month later...
Volunteer Request

We have a couple of handy Universal documents for the current NWoD Chronicle: the Global Bestiary, and Night Horrors: Global Edition. These help provide STs and players with beasties both mundane and bizarre.

We need these documents for the upcoming GMC / NWoD 2.0 Chronicle... and that's where we can use your help. I'm looking for volunteers who are willing to help convert our existing 1.0 versions of these two documents over to 2.0 standards (EXP, Traits, etc).

Please shoot me a note at mst@shadowplayinternational.org if you are interested. :)

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived