Werewolf the Forsaken 2.0 Discussion

Jess OOC

One of the developers has informed me that it is officially called "Werewolf: The Forsaken, Second Edition featuring the Idigam Chronicles" now.  That's a real mouthful...so I call it WtFSEftIC.  Looks kinda like the cat just walked across the keyboard heh.  One of my local players referred to it as "WtF: A New Hope"...*sigh*

Not yet, sadly.  We have a draft Universal addendum -- that is, for stuff applying to *all* character types -- but it's still a draft subject to a lot of revision.  And of course, the new Forsaken book hasn't released yet, so we don't have a Forsaken addendum yet.

• 2 weeks later...

From Here: http://theonyxpath.com/any-answers/

Will there be any mention of other changing breeds in any capacity? I know they aren’t a major part of the mythology in this game but its always been rather vague as to whether the Forsaken shared their origins in some fashion with these others or if each changing breed is a product of a unique and very specific genesis in ancient history.

No mention of other shapeshifters at all. I doubt that we’ll get to the point of revising the shapeshifters presented in War Against the Pure any time soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heh.  By "some", Wing is modestly referring to the fact that he was for a while the Head Honcho for Forsaken in the old Camarilla chronicle.  I'd be thrilled to play Forsaken 2e with him as ST!

And yes, the addendum for Forsaken 2e is still a work in progress, but we've a goal of May 1st to have it ready. :)

I never ran Forsaken globally. I was ANST for Ireland for a term or two (I think it may have been two), and I was Katie's AAMST Changing Breeds, and I was a CST before any of that.

So, yeah, some experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all over this like a Bad Rash. Wing got me into gaming (with a Werewolf Game as well) in the first place, so I can personally attest to the quality of his Game.

I'm personally looking at a Rahu. Probably Iron Master.

Apparently it's a rather unpleasant place at the current moment in time. Lots of Civil unrest and unpleasant people doing unpleasant thing. At least according to the Wikipedia page on Xenophobia in South Africa. And some Old reports about the police being investigated for torture methods. Though the last report of that I found was last year.

Because I was asked elsewhere, I think I'd like to address the topic of First Change.

I would prefer players who have any experience in the game to write their First Change in their back story and come into play with a dot or two of XP bought renown. If you have a story in mind that would make having your first change be in uptime, I'm A-OK with that.

If it turns out that everyone else wants to run First Change as a thing, I can approach the game from a different angle

Addenda Questions: 

Is the peripheral pack member generation system available for general use?

Can totem and embodiment of the firstborn be stacked to reach a base seven dot attribute?

Are lodges just storypoints right now?

Alas, I don't have word. So plain old text files please for the time being. I also accept RTF and PDFs

All character sheets must, of course, include XP logs and relevant build info.

Please and thank you.

Sorry, it's 3am and I've been wrestling with a spaceship launch for the past half hour.

Re: peripheral pack:  that whole pack-creation section on pp 89-92 is sanctioned.  Indeed, "Others" sidebar on p 90 is a sanctioned Optional Rule.

Re: lodges:  right now, they're pretty much just that:  thematic.  Down the road, Onyx Path will release some actual mechanics, both for those packs presented in the core book and for others yet to be introduced.

Re:  II.D.1. and Favoured Form (p 106):  yes.

Re:  stacked trait bonuses from Totem (p 92) and Embodiment of the Firstborn (p 106).  yes, though (1) it's cheesy min-maxing and (2) I dearly hope your local ST would make sure that the EotF drawback was applied to your character in full.  If you go this route, you'd best have the backstory and character details to support it.

In 1E, Talens were represented by the Fetish merit, at a rate of three dots of talen is one dot of the fetish merit.

Given that they're still used as currency, though more between the Umia and the Uratha, is that how we're going to run it?

Archived