Vampire the Requiem 2.0 Discussion

Jess OOC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Status goes at chronicle start, how are we handling it? Does everyone begin at status one and have to crawl their way up, or are folks able to buy status at character creation for the first while?

Hey, almost finished writing up my PC.

A couple of questions:
Can a non-Invictus swear an Oath (mechanically) to an Invictus?

Universal Addenda VIII.H.11: The benefits of this Merit do not stack with those provided by other Merits.

Does this refer to the x-again component only, or any benefit. ie If you have Trained Observer does it stack with Acute Senses?

Are Afrikaans, English and Dutch 3 languages for the purposes of the Language merit?

Is there a special approval to be in Deborah's Linage (as per the Lineage merit?)

As far as Status goes at chronicle start, how are we handling it? Does everyone begin at status one and have to crawl their way up, or are folks able to buy status at character creation for the first while?

I know Requiem Addenda II.V.8 and II.V.9 says status does not cost EXP.

That doesn't answer the question of how high you can start though.

Tim Smith

Au2000100323

For languages, keep in mind that the multilingual merit is available. Figure out which languages are essential and buy them with language, but you can be conversational (not fluent) in two more per time you purchase multilingual. Say... Afrikaans as one's "native" language, English purchased as a full language, and then multilingual with Zulu and Xhosa (or whatever works for your character.) My character wound up fully fluent in 3 and conversant in 4 more. This tied up 4 XP: two Language purchases and two Multilingual purchases.

To be honest, I saw the Facebook stuff about mothers day and I nearly had a heart attack thinking I had missed it. Thankfully, it's America's version of the holiday. Anyway, yeah. As Nina said. Take your time to sort things out. =)

Ok. So I asked previously about how we were handling Status. Please disregard the question. A friend pointed out to me that it was actually written into the Addendum. I must have read over it three or four times, missing it every time. -_-"

For those of you curious, the Addendum states that we may start with Status no higher than two in our tracks. However, if we wish, we may submit an approval for something higher, provided it makes sense given the characters history and the like. Here's hoping I don't derp quite so hard in future. :P

Sorry I've been AWOL guys, some rl stuff got a bit hectic (I also forgot Mother's Day was coming up). I'm going to be AFK for another two days, most likely, then I should have a few days to devote to here. :)

RLCF

Which is not a typoe'd CRLF.

Real Life Comes First.

Kaoleth, honestly I'd rather have people submit what they think is appropriate for their character and let me (and anyone up the chain as necessary) look it over. Status is meant to be a fluid thing as the game progresses. 

Also, on that note, I'm adding an optional rule into the VSS: If you assign each dot of Status you have a descriptor (say, Frightening or Genial or Well Connected for examples) and roleplay that descriptor well in general and most especially when using your Status for rolls and whatnot, I will be inclined to award either roll or even scene bonuses. This encourages roleplay and also helps characters define themselves and their interactions with their various groups. It is not at all required that anyone do this, it's an optional rule to run with if you please. 

:)

Archived