Vampire the Requiem 2.0 Discussion

Jess OOC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it exactly, sorry for the confusion.

I was trying to explain why I wasn't just going to do it with retainers, and instead asking for this more complicated system!

so Status (Orphanage) 1 they know you, you're an honorary member

Status (Orphanage) 5 You are the head of the Orphanage.

Doesn't mean someone else can't have a Retainer (Bob the Orphan Revenant) 5

In the new rules Status has a particular mechanical effect - please make sure you are okay with it, Malachite.

I'm also okay if you want an NPC as the Status 5 person.

Is anyone else interested in being associated with the Orphanage (either as a 'volunteer', a member, an ex-revenant or a secret revenant sire)?

Something to keep in mind, from the Universal Addendum (in section VIII.D. Merit-based Storyteller Characters):

3. Retainer:
a. Templates:
i. Lesser, native to genre: Low Approval
ii. Greater, native to genre: High Approval
iii. Lesser or Greater external to genre: Not sanctioned unless otherwise noted in the Global Addendum.

Mind, that's assuming it's an NPC; PCs are open season. :)

- Jess

I'm going to agree with CJD on this. The Farm is an organization of people united by circumstance, not creed or shared goal (other than "survive"). That's more just an organization, not a mystery cult. 

Also, I will have at least one NPC at the Farm, possibly the head of the Farm as an NPC as well. I'm working on for-profit writing projects at the moment, but I'll probably take this weekend to sit down and focus on SPI stuff (baby-willing). I'll be working on a general outline of the city's history, notable NPCs, and secrety plotsie stuff. :) Once I have a basic outline for the city's Kindred history and current political set-up, I'll post the draft here. While I will make NPCs to fill many or possibly all of the official city positions, that does not mean that a player can't submit a character to fill one of those slots instead. I'll be doing the NPCs just to make sure the city is set up enough to start play if no one wants to start off in city positions.

Malachite, I had a chat with Harken, about the farm last weekend and we came to the I understanding there is religious core belief that underpins the farm.

I am writing up (slowly) a breakdown of our thoughts for you to have a look at. But it may be that it's still not a cult.

Basic idea is that like many orphanages that where run in Australia (I am not sure elsewhere) were run by religious orders who believed it was their sacred duty to raise these children in their faith and beliefs. That they where saving them from their forsaken ways.

The belief of the faithful (members) are that the revenants are stuck between being properly damned (kindred) and human, in order to function to gods purpose they must be uplifted, therefore they need to be forged in worthy beings for that purpose.

So the kindred indoctrinates the revenants in this belief, train them so other damned may consider them for uplifting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a bit, but I finally have a character concept for this game.

Hotel owner.

Yes, a hotel owner.  Specifically a Carthian Ventrue hotel owner... who maintains said hotel for guest who might not find themselves terribly, er, comfortable elsewhere.  Guests who prefer to keep things discrete.  Guests who may make odd requests of the kitchen, or require rush service from the laundry, or the special services of our unique boutique.  Guests who might have an unfortunate propensity to eat people, or sprout fur in odd places, or are otherwise don't feel quite a home at the Sheraton.

I am Hans Dekker, and safe shelter for all the oppressed creatures of the world can be found at the Hotel Saint Jude!  Bwahahaha-- er, um, may I show you to your room?

Okay: I've got an idea for a background, but it has a rule implication I need to check with Malachite

Q:If you uplift a Revenant to a Vampire, do you count as its sire?

Revenant back when the Purge went through. He'd been on good terms with a local Lance-Invictus, who had talked about uplifting him. When the Lance realised he was going to die, he uplifted the revenant and sent him off.

The death squads left him alone because they thought he was just a Revenant. He stayed with his Revenant gang because he had nowhere else to go.

He puttered about outside the city for a long time, making ties and helping the gang become The Farm. Having seen *two* purges he made sure to keep his head down most of the time.

Around 1990 he got hungry enough he could only feed from people. He took a nap, handing over all leadership he had in the farm to a successor. 

He woke up *just now* as a newly awakened vampire.

Clan is an interesting question, dependent on the question. Same for whether he's embraced, or who he's uplifted.

Hi guys, I am new to the play by post. But I am keen to try this out, and I love what I have seen so far of the 2.0 setting.

Character wise I have a thought. I had a oWoD character I retired a few months back. I loved the character, but the ooc issues of people leaving the club forced a retirement. He was an African Brujah who, once done in Australia, returned back to Africa. I'd like to convert him over to requiem. Ostensibly he will be a different character, certain things from his story would need to be cut (such as the Camarilla involvement) but I would love to resurrect him again.

As there is no Brujah in Nwod, I was looking at Gangrel, then I noticed the Bruja bloodline. Is this one of the bloodlines selectable in the 2.0 Setting yet?

Malachite - one of the things I'm very keen on is multi-covenant membership. The new book explicitly allows for this.

I'm currently up in the air about exactly which covenants. Probably Lance & Invictus, though Carthian would be an attractive option due to the 'campaigning for change' aspect.

As a note on the dual covenant thing... we've a set rule in the addendum at this time that you can only benefit from the cheese... er, benefits of one covenant at a time.  That said, it's my understanding that the upcoming Secrets of the Covenants book will provide some material and Merits that help sort this out, at which point the addenda will change. :)

Thanks Jess,

I did know about that, but I'm more interested in the dynamic than the cheese :)

One of the things I like is that now the bog-standard combat disciplines are *actually* better than what you can get by carefully hunting for cheese in the various books.

ok building my character and her back ground has her being an archery hunter. In Armory for nWoD 1e they have an Archery Fighting Style and in 2e they have several fighting styles but no archery so is there a way to get this approved for use now or am I SoL?

ok building my character and her back ground has her being an archery hunter. In Armory for nWoD 1e they have an Archery Fighting Style and in 2e they have several fighting styles but no archery so is there a way to get this approved for use now or am I SoL?

Universal Addendum V.D.4:

Fighting Style: Archery [Armory]:  This Merit can be used only with bows (not crossbows).

Sorry, I hit submit when I meant to save. Learning to use this system while simultaneously writing code and a character history for Forsaken 2E

It would seem that this is a sanctioned merit, as is.

I'm currently looking into some form of Ordo, most likely. I just have to finish devouring the Requiem book first. Beyond that I've got a few ideas, but as Wing can attest I tend to see-saw wildly when creating characters. =P

Anyone else planning an Acolyte? I'm doing some research right now to sort out details, but expect to be writing up a member of the Circle of the Crone who has been around awhile (probably one of the Venda people), but may have woken from a decades-long slumber in the past few years. Long enough to not be completely culture-shocked, but still very much not thrilled or comfortable with modern times. Likely either a Hermit or Father role based on what the rest of the local Circle looks like.

Feel free to ping me privately for some discussion.

Anyone else planning an Acolyte?

I'm giving it serious consideration.

I'm thinking from Newfoundland, Irish-Canadian, there's a good healthy Canadian Gaelic community in Newfoundland which I'm thinking either I or my sire will have come from.

I'm working on a Gangrel Child of the Morrígan Crone, Kaoleth is working on   Gangrel Ordo (probably siblings, if not: coterie mates).

I'm thinking Elder, Crone before the Crone were a thing, from Newfoundland.

Aye. As Wing said, I'm thinking Gangrel Ordo, with Distinct leanings towards the Crone, as the Ordo's creed does not actually preclude the presence of a Greater Entity of one flavour or another.

Dracula was cosmologically Christian, after all.

Sure he hated his God, but he ardently believed in Him

So Hans Dekker, Hotelier to the Strange, is pending approval by the VST.  Presuming he's approved, the following little bit are the ground rules for the Hotel St. Jude.....

Welcome to the Hotel St. Jude.  The following are the House Rules:

1.  The Management reserves the right to deny lodgings to anyone, for any reason of the Management's choosing.

2.  The Guests are inviolate; bring no offence to a fellow Guest.  

3.  The Guests are confidential; speak not of fellow Guests outside this establishment.

4.  The Guests are private; pry not into their particulars without explicit invitation. 

5.  Respect the establishment; prompt recompense shall be requested and required for any damage to the Hotel.

Thank you for observing these Rules, and please enjoy your stay.

- The Management   

I just used the character development document from spi filled that out and submitted it with a character sheet to mala. of course i need to do it all over again since i want to join werewolf now tow and don't want to try to play a gangrel and a were wolf i get confused enough as is lol

More Gangrel can never be anything but a good thing. In other news, I have finally finished writing up my back story. I probably shouldn't have gone with the Diary format that I did, as I sort of wrote 6 pages by accident, but it's submitted for approval now.

Now to write the CDD. T_T

Archived