Aberrant: Nova World - Recruitment

Justin OOC

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I posted!

I also added an update to Rico's in-world explanation of his quantum abilities in my character write-up.

Question for ST: We have enough xp now to add a tweak or two to our sheets. When are we allowed to spend it? now

Sky, we've had training. We were hired on to Novastorm because of our skills and we've more than likely have had some training in field work. We got Backing 3 with Novastorm in character creation, that would imply we've had some training that would be standard for working within the company. And with one of our jobs being the research of zones and zone activity. We've probably have had training in dealing with the most probable situations we would encounter.

While yes, we can't prepare for what could happen in a zone, we are more than likely prepared for any little issues we might have within the team during a mission. That, honestly, is training enough. We all are supposed to be experts in our fields.

Near as I can tell that isn't true. Jay is a fresh hire, Rico just erupted 6 weeks ago and just got done with his testing and acclimation. Saku has been working on her Jet, Max his business, same for Sonja. I think in her internal monologue Kait mentioned doing organizational stuff not fieldwork. Dragonstorm has been writing and dating it up in Hollywood. Dr. Delacosta is also new and focused on research.

I know you want to *assume* we are a tight-knit team that has been training together but it just does not seem to be the case. So far as I know the only PCs Rico had met prior to the expo are Serena, Kaitlin, Dragonstorm, and Sonja.

Not that there is anything wrong with being ragtag and getting tossed in to sort it out, but it is in character for Rico to question it. Rico may be an expert fighter but he is well aware that he is "out of his depth" out of the ring as it were. It is in his human nature to harbor doubts. He knows he's been hired as "muscle" but also that he is no trained soldier.

Sakurako is working on the Jet as a side thing. This is what she does. What she was hired for. In fact as far as I know everyone knows and is fully aware at any moment they'll get called in to do exactly what we're doing.

From my understanding in regards to this game, we are going in as a team.

We are going in as a team. But nothing Justin has said, nor my understanding of how everyone has described their characters, the timeline of people erupting/being hired, and the way the expo played out has indicated to me that we have had *any* time training together as novas, as a team, how to coordinate and make the best synergistic use of our powers, our roles in various situations, the chain of command, protocols and procedures, etc.

Maybe the rest of you have, but I can say with confidence that neither Rico, nor it would seem Jay, or Dr. Delacosta have had *any* time working with the others whatsoever. IN my mind, I pictured the last weeks weeks of Ricardo being under near constant supervision, testing his powers, recording his signature, and helping him acclimate to the facets of his new life (such as not sleeping, having to eat more, his increased strength and reaction times, etc.).

I'm not going to argue with you any further. I feel like I've said enough to justify my RP, and that includes not making assumptions about anything that has not ben made explicit by the ST in regards to our status as a team. If others want to weigh in that's cool, and of course, whatever Justin says is canon is canon. If he tells me I had a crash course weekend with you all 2 weeks ago, then I'm fine with it, and can edit or delete my IC posts.

From his perspective "we haven't trained together as a team" is a valid statement. From how everyone else has been writing their characters, I've seen no indication that the majority of us have either, but I may be mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay can I get a call out on who is going to be on the boat? I know Myself, Dave, Abby, and Sky will be there, but who else? I sort of want to know whose profiles I gotta look at. At least to discern what Sakurako knows so that I can start making sure everyone has a role on the boat.

Although I wager all planning will go to heck once the real fun starts, at least I want to know what I'm captaining here, and at least not have it go to hell because I wasn't prepared going in.

Well it's not the fact that Sakurako is a Technical character that makes her need prep. Outside of the scant combat cabability she has, she isn't that tough versus nova-grade threats. She can take a punch from an ordinary guy, but not form a quantum mutant perhaps. Also she's not adaptive. A bit of a minus.

But... She can do a few things.

Sorta glad you are on the crew. Gonna need you. Everyone actually.

it's cool man I have you all going to Japan, to help calm the people and keep the peace, you can help people as you will there's bound to be emergencies everywhere, it's at a point where you all have a chance to sorta tell your own little stories as you deal with the crisis. Transit (the transport Nova NPC) will teleport you all to Tokyo and then to where ever you need to go..

I wish there were more folks around to chat with on the boat. Also, is there any way we can move the posts of the inactive players to an archive thread?

To my understanding we have lost Jay, Shannon, Shane, and Elizabeth Chang.

Of the novas on the boat, it seems Holly and Jason Grant are the only ones on the boat besides Saku and Max, who are currently discussing technical matters on the bridge. Does anyone know if their players have been around? I don't want to walk up and start talking to a character if the player isn't present.

Actually Max Kane/Dave has been conspicuous in his absence too.

I am hoping the game holds out for when Elizabeth Chang's player (Envoy) is able to post again. They sort of at basic training for the Navy...

Also it seems Jason has been quiet too.

In fact the only people that posted their preparations before we headed to the warehouse are Myself and Dr. Weaver.

The only actives I've seen are Sakurako, Ricardo, Dr. Weaver, and Delacosta.

Well I'm fairly confident Rev will be back...probably just dealing with gearing up for his new law enforcement gig. I haven't seen really anything from Chang/Envoy since a brief post in the prologue/expo thread.

Of course Dawn has been getting kicked in the life-balls for awhile now.

Sorry, I've been meaning to post here for weeks, but I keep letting myself get distracted or occupied by other things (like Diablo). Now, I'm finally gearing up for working full-time at a new store, and changing from day to over-night shifts.

But me and Sonja are still interested in the game. I'll post when I can.

Well I'm fairly confident Rev will be back...probably just dealing with gearing up for his new law enforcement gig. I haven't seen really anything from Chang/Envoy since a brief post in the prologue/expo thread.

Of course Dawn has been getting kicked in the life-balls for awhile now.

I'm aware of Dawn's and Envoy's situation. As well as Long's and Malachite's. Thing is, It's been dead quiet from Dave. And I mean like a graveyard. I'm just taking it he's gonna be an NPC for a while or something will move him off the boat team.

As for Jason... I don't know his player's situation either, so that is causing some concern.

Pretty much the only known actives on the Boat are Saku, Ricardo, and Holly. And with Holly's player more a wallflower than the others here... I just got you, Sky.

Asa/Sonja: That's okay. At least you're posting you're still down. although you're with the Tokyo team if i remember.

Archived