Mutants & Masterminds:Interest Check - M&M Fantasy - Set in Warcraft Universe

Hyoseph

Most everybody, unless they've been living under a rock for the past two decades, has heard of Warcraft. Orcs, Humans, Horde, Alliance, all that. Even before World of Warcraft took the internet by storm, Blizzard and the associated creative writers had built a full, thriving world that covered far more than the wargames even touched on.

Who would be interested in playing a game that was set in this universe? My thought is that the time frame would be sometime just after the events of Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne. The Horde / Alliance war is in full swing, the Scourge has largely withdrawn to the north (exceptions made for certain areas on the mainland where the undead still hold sway) and the Burning Legion has been defeated for some time now.

The players themselves could be a number of different makeups depending on how cosmopolitan the players want to be.

Horde? Alliance? Both? Some third / fourth / fifth faction? The options are wide and varied, whether the players want to save the world or destroy it, there's a faction for it. (Of course the PC's could always set out as independents and make their own way though honestly that last option is a lot more player-driven than most ST games are meant to be)

What do people think?

Did you know they made a d20 RPG of WoW not too long back? A complete game using the 3.5 edition rules and a few they threw together.

Search for "world of warcraft rpg pdf" and I think it's the second option on Google. It's free to download.

I have the whole line, legitimately, no less :)

If / when this game goes off, this is where the majority of my lore / setting information will be coming from. (WoWWiki only goes so far)

The main reason my first suggestion for system was MnM was that the system for the original rpg was more than a little clunky, being derived from D&D 3.0 and early 3.5.

With that in mind, if folks would prefer to use the the d20 system we can do that.

I know people hate hearing this, but: Converting the WoW stuff to Pathfinder is easy as pie. It's a far better and more stable d20 system.

Now, I don't want to be that guy who swoops in and says "No! Use this system instead!" I don't want you to think that's my intent. I was only referring to the d20 version in case you weren't aware that a RPG resource already existed.

Which ever you would like to go with, I'll help anyone who needs help. Especially if you decide to go with a little d20 action. I could convert a single race/class over for someone in as little as five minutes.

System-wise, I could go either way. particularly if there's someone with high PF rules fu that is able to go through select Warcraft stuff and convert it. My rules fu with the game isn't that high.

System is secondary, however, to whether or not folks would play in a game with this setting and what sort of group we would be making affiliation / motivation wise.

So far I have an Interested from

Jeremy

Heritage

SMax

a Maybe from

Stargaizer

and an "I'll Help" from

Revenant.

I think this is honestly sufficient interest to start putting together details, such as a basic setting primer for the unfamiliar.

Archived