Ask An ST/DM/GM Anything

Dave ST

So, I'm Dave. Revenant in chat, but most people here know that. I'm starting this thread because, well, there isn't one and there are a lot of gamers that frequent this site. I've been GMing since I was 15. My best friend had muscular dystrophy and while most of us that age were out doing things our parents told us not to do, I was inside with him and several friends trying to help him forget he was in a wheel chair. I could recount a million and one good times, but that's a different thread, what I will say is that it was worth every minute. Wasting time with friends is never time wasted.

That was 22 years ago and I'm still an avid gamer. After 22 years of doing this, I feel I've developed a gift, like most who've been doing it as long as I have, tend to do... I'm really good with helping people make their games better. Rules hacks, creating systems, how to get the game out of a well dug hole... I've had to do it all at some point in my 'career' as a GM.

I've played mostly the ST series from White Wolf (d10), d20 games such as Pathfinder and D&D (back to Advanced D&D), D6 games and a ton of others. You name it, I've probably played it at some point or another, but, like all gamers, I have my favs.

So, if you are a GM or a PC and need help on something, let me know. I also would like to open this thread to any other STs out there. Don't be shy, if you have a question or want to field some answers, jump right in. We're all friends here.

Archived