Lords of Gossamer & Shadow - [LoGS: OOC] SMAX

JoeChuck

I know. I'm working on you and Raeth interacting, but it'll all come together at some point. Hopefully by the end of the adventure, everyone will want to stick together or at least function as separate task forces in constant communication. With so much to explore and three minds discovering it all at their own pace/style, I kind of let things go amok.

• 2 weeks later...

I've a question regarding the darkness. Is it a natural darkness? Is there a reason we can't use flashlights? Smax...and I would assume the Ares mercs too...would also have various low light equipment like passive light amplification and infrared optics. Are those countermeasures not working, and if not can Smax determine why not?

What about non-optical sensors like LIDAR or radar or similar?

It is supernatural darkness. Smax would be be able to tell it was brought about by sorcery. The darkness is dampening all light sources. Basically light sources can be seen, but they aren't emitting any illumination and everywhere else is pitch black.

The Ares will have navigational systems in their helmet displays like Darmi did when finding Jonna's safe house. Passive light amplification wouldn't work, but there is no reason infrared or radar wouldn't. I don't think LIDAR would work properly in these conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Flapjacks...I'm so sorry it's taking me forever to post to this!

I keep having half-ideas and then forgetting them by the time I can work on it. Doesn't help that I can't access the site while I'm at work; those are my productive hours. :)

Okay, so lights won't work.

Does Smax know if he can bolster a light source via the Eidolon, so that it will be able to shine through this darkness? Illuminating is, after all, what light's essential nature is.

No problem. I'm had a busy Easter and I'm sick because of it. Smax would notice that lights are functioning normally, but his could bolster them to work better. The spell is either affecting perception of light or creating a veil making it difficult for light illuminate the surroundings. Smax would know that a spell to affect multiple individuals' perception would take a massive psyche.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived